D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:30 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:20 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:50 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:34 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:31 pm Wingate: Willie Grieco (A) in portal.
3x First Team AA. Quarterback type. Some eye-popping seasons. Could see some decent schools going after him.

2020- 4g 17a 21p (COVID)
2021- 28g 64a 92p
2022- 46g 67a 113p
2023- 39g 49a 88p
Career- 117g 197a 314p
Rutgers or GTown probably already calling.
Johns Hopkins could be a good landing spot for him. Blue Jays will need a playmaker next year.

DocBarrister
Got to the St Regis bar in the strapless w pumps and lipstick fast there!
The guy scored more than a 100 points in a single Division II season. Shouldn’t every program consider the young man for possible transfer?

Is there any Division I program that would not benefit from having someone like that on the roster?

DocBarrister
Nope. Its all situational. Gotta slide up to the lady, find out the cost. Assess the risk. Then the reward. See who else is at the bar along with the value of doing nothing and getting a different reward.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:49 pm
nyjay wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:38 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:33 pm I would be very surprised if they are big players. They weren't huge players last year when there were more holes to fill and now there are fewer. I could see maybe one or two guys. There's talent returning at pretty much every position, along with a solid incoming freshman class and a few rising sophs who will be bigger factors. A D2 quarterback is not in the cards. There will be an opening at lefty wing attack with Degnon gone but you can fill that in-house with Collison, Grimes, or incoming frosh Sorichetti who looks ready to play right away. The specialty positions might be another area to look at. The FO and goalie rooms might need another body.
I think that's right. I wouldn't be surprised by a proven SSDM either.
Not the biggest name like Handley or English but I actually think this kid could be the biggest prize of them all if he plays elsewhere next year.

https://brownbears.com/sports/mens-lacr ... boah-kodie[/b][/u]/16954
TYK is a terrific athlete.When he was freshman in H.S. he could barely throw and catch.But worked his chords and became a terrific lacrosse player.He was the NYS POY in Football.When Mendenhall was the HC at UVA,he asked me and if Trevor planned to play FB in college.I told Bronco his folks wouldn't even consider it.

Trev's leadership skills are on par with this athletic ability. If he plays next year,the team that lands him will be pleased...IMHO.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:37 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:33 pm I would be very surprised if they are big players. They weren't huge players last year when there were more holes to fill and now there are fewer. I could see maybe one or two guys. There's talent returning at pretty much every position, along with a solid incoming freshman class and a few rising sophs who will be bigger factors. A D2 quarterback is not in the cards. There will be an opening at lefty wing attack with Degnon gone but you can fill that in-house with Collison, Grimes, or incoming frosh Sorichetti who looks ready to play right away. The specialty positions might be another area to look at. The FO and goalie rooms might need another body.
Not the biggest name like Handley or English but I actually think this kid could be the biggest prize of them all if he plays elsewhere next year.

TYK is a terrific athlete.When he was freshman in H.S. he could barely throw and catch.But worked his chords and became a terrific lacrosse player.He was the NYS POY in Football.When Mendenhall was the HC at UVA,he asked me and if Trevor planned to play FB in college.I told Bronco his folks wouldn't even consider it.

Trev's leadership skills are on par with this athletic ability. If he plays next year,the team that lands him will be pleased...IMHO.
Yeah I truly believe he would help elevate most any top 10-15 team-ACC, BigTen, GTown, Denver, Del. Think he’d help a Cuse, Duke, UVA, UNC, UMD, PSU but don’t know if he’s actually using his eligibility anyway.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:50 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:37 pm

TYK is a terrific athlete.When he was freshman in H.S. he could barely throw and catch.But worked his chords off and became a terrific lacrosse player.He was the NYS POY in Football.When Mendenhall was the HC at UVA,he asked me and if Trevor planned to play FB in college.I told Bronco his folks wouldn't even consider it.

Yeah I truly believe he would help elevate most any top 10-15 team-ACC, BigTen, GTown, Denver, Del. Think he’d help a Cuse, Duke, UVA, UNC, UMD, PSU but don’t know if he’s actually using his eligibility anyway.
UVA would be an excellent choice.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Guy on the Brown thread who has had good info on personnel said TYK is going to Rutgers for football. They recruited him out of HS.
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

bearlaxfan wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:22 pm Guy on the Brown thread who has had good info on personnel said TYK is going to Rutgers for football. They recruited him out of HS.
Oh wow that’s impressive. Has to be the fist lacrosse stud to transfer and play football that I could think of
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:48 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:22 pm Guy on the Brown thread who has had good info on personnel said TYK is going to Rutgers for football. They recruited him out of HS.
Oh wow that’s impressive. Has to be the fist lacrosse stud to transfer and play football that I could think of
Huh?

Jared Bernhardt transferred to play Division II football, led his team as QB to a Division II national football championship, and is now a wide receiver for the Atlanta Falcons (played in two games with no stats before being injured).

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Chris Hogan. Monmouth/Penn state. 7 years in NFL.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Will Yeatman, though it seems as if he played more football at ND before transferring to Maryland.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

lol If you know you know. I love this bit.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Dox Aitken went from UVA to Villanova to play football, ended up not playing due to COVID, returned for UVA for what was perhaps not quite the individual ending that might have been expected for his career and is just now going to Patriots rookie minicamp. He is an extremely long shot to make the team but is a hell of an athlete.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Dox Aitken was invited to two camps - one was confirmed as New England.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

44WeWantMore wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:05 pm Will Yeatman, though it seems as if he played more football at ND before transferring to Maryland.

Saw him play as a ND frosh attack against Brown, think he went 5,1 in the game.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

44WeWantMore wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:05 pm Will Yeatman, though it seems as if he played more football at ND before transferring to Maryland.
And rocking the golf carts!
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

I think he's better than an HM AA and surprised I haven't seen anything yet about Kastner entering the portal to go and fulfill a dream to play hoops. There must be several attackmen in the ACC willing to help with his applications.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:38 am I think he's better than an HM AA and surprised I haven't seen anything yet about Kastner entering the portal to go and fulfill a dream to play hoops. There must be several attackmen in the ACC willing to help with his applications.
he'll be out of lacrosse eligibility by then. i doubt they'd be so charitable to give him a parting gift.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

LOL this joke will never not work.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:48 am
Thing is the post wasn’t done to brag or anything it was informational as I was suggesting he would be a premiere impact graduate transfer at SSDM who could elevate any team due to the nature of the position and his skill set.

Others do this “lacrosse players so good, look they can play football too!”, sure but in this case not fair to Bear who was sharing what he heard in the context of the conversation at hand on the kid.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:48 am
It truly is one of the jokes of all time
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:59 am he'll be out of lacrosse eligibility by then. i doubt they'd be so charitable to give him a parting gift.
Ah '24-25' - - it helps to pay attention - the timing of his twitter post got me - carry on - my bad

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”