January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:19 pm Rollin’ rollin’ rollin’
Keep those doggies rollin’

“More than half of the bogus Georgia electors who were convened in December 2020 to try to keep former President Donald J. Trump in power have taken immunity deals in the investigation into election interference there, according to a court filing on Friday and people with knowledge of the inquiry.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/05/us/t ... ation.html
hmmm...
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:44 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:19 pm Rollin’ rollin’ rollin’
Keep those doggies rollin’

“More than half of the bogus Georgia electors who were convened in December 2020 to try to keep former President Donald J. Trump in power have taken immunity deals in the investigation into election interference there, according to a court filing on Friday and people with knowledge of the inquiry.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/05/us/t ... ation.html
hmmm...
The more interesting thing is how many people have thrown their lives away defending Trump. So many are in jail. And some of the worst got pardoned with half the country giving no more care than a shrug.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

How come I have to download an app to read your inks 90% of the time. Because I’m not adding another app to my hour it I can avoid it, trying to remove as many as I can actually
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:09 pm
How come I have to download an app to read your inks 90% of the time. Because I’m not adding another app to my hour it I can avoid it, trying to remove as many as I can actually
... have no idea. Are you using a Windows operating system, or is it Apple, UNIX, other?? What web browser??
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:25 am
... have no idea. Are you using a Windows operating system, or is it Apple, UNIX, other?? What web browser??
Apple, safari. Thinks it’s somewhere between a 7&10 like 2yrs old.

Really strange, sometimes a second time I’ll open the link it will allowed to expand the story but the first time out it seems to always only give an option to read on app or not at all.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:10 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:25 am
Apple, safari. Thinks it’s somewhere between a 7&10 like 2yrs old.

Really strange, sometimes a second time I’ll open the link it will allowed to expand the story but the first time out it seems to always only give an option to read on app or not at all.
... maybe an option setting in the web browser. May have to do with copyright protection. These articles are Microsoft news reader service wrapped third party articles. Just guessing.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:32 pm There’s more high comedy!!

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/25/11781161 ... %2C%202021.
Well at least he will make it easier for his celly to target the money shot.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:23 pm

Be an Oath Keeper
Go to Jail and see the World
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:23 pm

Be an Oath Keeper
Go to Jail and see the World
Going to see a lot of their own toe jam while grabbing their ankles.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Man who told jurors he had 'fun' at the Capitol riot is sentenced to 6 years in prison

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-riot ... 199d1e7efd

A Virginia man who told his wife — and a federal jury — that he had “fun” at the U.S. Capitol riot was sentenced on Friday to six years in prison for attacking police as he stormed the building.

Markus Maly’s prison sentence is significantly lower than the punishment that prosecutors sought for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection. The Justice Department had recommended a prison sentence of 15 years and eight months for Maly, a flooring installer.

A prosecutor described Maly, 49, as a “lifelong criminal” with 33 prior convictions on his record, including two for battery of a law enforcement officer. But the judge who sentenced Maly noted that most of his crimes date back to his 20s.

Maly told U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta that he regrets traveling to Washington and following the mob of then-President Donald Trump’s supporters to the Capitol. But he insisted that he merely “occupied space” in the crowd and denied attacking and pepper-spraying police.

Despite his long criminal record he got a light sentence. Treasonous right wing punk got off too easy.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The long time Oath Keepers general counsel Kellye SoRelle has been deemed incompetent… Is anyone surprised?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/6 ... tand-Trial

Evaluators hired by the government and defense have determined the former general counsel for the Oath Keepers militia is not currently competent to stand trial, both her lawyer and a federal prosecutor said in court Thursday.

Kellye SoRelle, of Texas, was indicted in September on felony counts of conspiracy and obstruction for allegedly instructing members of the Oath Keepers to destroy evidence after the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol Building. SoRelle, a lawyer and former Republican candidate for the Texas House of Representatives, was on the grounds of the Capitol with militia leader Stewart Rhodes but did not enter the building. She was also filmed taking part in a meeting between Rhodes, Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio and others in the garage of the Phoenix Hotel in D.C. on Jan. 5. Tarrio has claimed the meeting was about him seeking legal representation following his arrest a day earlier for burning a D.C. church's Black Lives Matter flag.

(snip)

SoRelle was scheduled to begin a jury trial on July 10 with co-defendants Donovan Crowl and James Beeks. On Thursday, however, Assistant U.S. Attorney Alexandra Hughes and SoRelle’s public defender, Horatio Aldredge, told U.S. District Judge Mehta they had been informed by separate evaluators that SoRelle was not currently competent to stand trial. Hughes said the Justice Department expected to receive the full report back from their evaluator by the end of the week.

Mehta, who has presided over the previous three Oath Keepers conspiracy trials to date, said that put him in an unusual position because SoRelle has been free on a personal recognizance bond since her arrest last year. Mehta has served on the federal bench since being nominated by former President Barack Obama in 2014 and has never in that time, he said, encountered a situation where a defendant on release has been deemed incompetent.

Last year she declared herself “acting leader” of the seditious organization...

With founder Stewart Rhodes now in jail on charges of “seditious conspiracy” to block the Biden presidency by use of force, the militia’s general counsel Kellye SoRelle has taken command.

“I am currently acting as President of Oath Keepers in lieu of Mr. Rhodes until he is released,” SoRelle told Rolling Stone in an email. “He is not guilty of any of the outlandish charges and the organization stands with Mr. Rhodes.”

SoRelle works in Granbury, Texas, outside Dallas, and is a former GOP candidate for the Texas House of Representatives. She is also connected to the Trump world, having served as counsel for Latinos for Trump and Blacks for Trump.

SoRelle was party to an outlandish lawsuit contesting 2020 election results up and down the ballot...

This isn’t the first time SoRelle has made news in connection with the 2020 election. She, along with fired associate general counsel and head of human resources at Goosehead Insurance Paul Davis, filed a lawsuit seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. The suit claimed it was “not a 2020 presidential election fraud lawsuit,” and alleged changes to election laws in advance of the 2020 election were in violation of the Help America Vote Act (HAVA) which resulted in civil rights violations. And it asked a federal judge to declare all actions of the new Congress — including certification of Joe Biden’s win and the second impeachment of Donald Trump — invalid.

Then the case teetered into Lord of the Rings territory. Oh, you’re not sure why a work of fiction would have a prominent place in a federal lawsuit? Well, that’s why this is so good. They filed an amended TRO motion using the completely fictional experiences of Gondor as precedent. While they case was ultimately dismissed, there was apparently a split amongst the plaintiffs regarding what strategy to pursue (though, tbh, none of them were winners).

She exchanged some utterly disgusting texts with Rhodes before the insurrection...

Oath Keeper founder Stewart Rhodes and the far-right militia group’s lawyer sent each other sexually explicit text messages in the days leading up to the Capitol Riot, federal prosecutors revealed on Monday.

“Speaking of heck... if you need some come on over,” Rhodes texted general counsel Kellye SoRelle on Jan. 2, 2021, according to a message shown in court. “Maybe I’ll drag you into my hotel room and throw you on the bed then.”

SoRelle, in a text message shown in court, responded: “See that’s how I know you’re trouble. You’re too good at what you do. Whole bad boy thing. I am a damn moth to a [flame emoji]. I really am replaying my teenage years.”

(snip)

SoRelle, who was a volunteer with Lawyers for Trump during the election, is accused in a separate case of conspiring to obstruct the Electoral College certification of Joe Biden’s victory and hiding and destroying evidence to obstruct the criminal investigation into the riots. Prosecutors in her case say that she was also in encrypted chats with other Oath Keepers.

She also posted turd online about the presiding judge...

more ....

These ultra right wing pieces of excrement have gotten off far too easy.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:23 pm Shocker…not:

https://sos.ga.gov/sites/default/files/ ... dacted.pdf
Yup.

So gross.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

The noose tightening?. Two fake electors given limited immunity for testimony.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/23/politics ... index.html
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Opening clip from Just Security update:

This model prosecution memorandum (or “pros memo”) assesses federal charges Special Counsel Jack Smith may bring against former President Donald Trump for alleged criminal interference in the 2020 election. The authors have decades of experience as federal prosecutors, criminal defense lawyers, and other legal expertise. We conclude that the evidence likely now meets Department of Justice standards to commence a prosecution. We base that conclusion upon a stream of recent disclosures in court filings and in the press that have come on top of the findings of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol (the “Select Committee”).

Our memo follows a common DOJ practice. Prior to indicting a case, federal prosecutors prepare a pros memo that lays out admissible evidence, possible charges, and legal issues. This document provides a basis for prosecutors handling the case and their supervisors to assess whether the case meets the standard set forth in the Principles of Federal Prosecution, which permit charges only when there is “evidence sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction.”

Here, we conclude there likely is sufficient evidence to obtain and sustain a conviction of Trump for his three-step plan to overturn the election:

Trump knew he lost the election but did not want to give up power, so he worked with his lawyers and others on a wide variety of schemes to change the outcome. Those schemes included creating fraudulent electoral certificates that were submitted to Congress, implicating statutes such as 18 U.S.C. § 371, which prohibits conspiracies to defraud the United States in the administration of elections.
When all the other schemes failed, Trump and his lawyers ultimately concentrated on using the false electoral slates to obstruct the constitutionally mandated congressional certification of the election on January 6, implicating statutes such as 18 U.S.C. § 1512, which prohibits obstruction of an official proceeding. Their primary objective was to have Vice President Mike Pence in his presiding role on that day either block Congress from recognizing Joe Biden’s win at all or at least to delay the electoral count.
When Pence refused, Trump went to his last resort: triggering an insurrection in the hope that it would throw Congress off course, delaying the transfer of power for the first time in American history. This implicated statutes such as 18 U.S.C. § 2383, which prohibits inciting an insurrection and giving aid or comfort to insurrectionists. (Section 2383 is rarely charged, and as we discuss below, this is a charge DOJ will use only with extreme caution. We believe there is sufficient evidence to pursue it—as did the Select Committee in making a criminal referral of Trump under that statute—but prosecutors may make different choices. Much will depend on the evidence the Special Counsel develops.)

https://www.justsecurity.org/87236/trum ... ce-crimes/
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Georgia Supreme Court rejects Trump’s nearly moronic effort to quash the Fulton County DA’s investigation. Eight of the nine judges appointed by GOP governors.

Return to “POLITICS”