MDlaxfan76

Re: Delaware Blue Hens 2023

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

IDHen wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:37 pm
Henpecked wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:49 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:10 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:27 pm
BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:25 pm Kinda low class to run up the score against a hapless team...
Marist literally scored 29 goals in a game a few weeks ago. Also beat a “hapless team” 19-7 a few games ago.. get out of here with that “low class” B.S
mmm, Tye Kurtz scored at 4:31 left in the 4th off of Mike Robinson assist...up 24-9, what were Delaware's best players doing still in the game?

Seriously, Robinson had 7 goals at that point and Kurtz had 4 goals and 3 assists. What, they both needed 8 points?

I understand back-ups scoring goals in the 4th Q of a blowout, only fair to let them play full speed, but what the heck are top players doing in the game at that point?
MD lax

You are the biggest clown on this forum. The only time you pop up on Delaware thread is to badmouth DeLuca because he didn’t start your beloved son in goal at Harvard. Get over it. The other goalie was better. And get a life. All you do is post on this stupid forum 24/7. Please find another hobby.
Do you have an explanation as to why the best players were still scoring goals at 4:31, up 24-9? why they were still in the game?

I don't.

Happy to hear your explanation.
Note, I didn't characterize this as "low class", that was another poster.
I just don't understand the decision to have those guys playing at that point...do you?

You really want to get personal??

I've been clear, in detail, what a disaster DeLuca was at Cornell and Harvard, including the year after my son graduated. But I've also wished the Del program well, and he and his family well, hoping that whatever demons he has he figures out and handles better going forward.

But hey, everyone deserves a fourth chance. For him, Delaware.
If you want to re-hash all that, fine, but I think it's a dead horse.

So...how do you explain the starters racking up their 8th points each with just 4:31 left and up 24-9?

I don't get it, but maybe you do?
Did Marist "deserve" it because they'd done the same against someone else?
Is that the explanation?

At a minimum, I'd have thought that giving some of the other kids in the program some time would be a good thing.

BTW, this is a pretty darn good Delaware team, lots of talent, and as usual play hard. Not an easy out for anyone.
And I totally understand why that's seen positively by alums like you.
Who knows and what does it matter? Maybe he preferred to let his players sharpen up in the scrimmage type arrangement vs. resting. It was their last appearance in Del. Statdium too and the fans really enjoy watching them play. He will have the team ready for Sunday.
I'm sure he will.
And I would NOT be surprised by an upset.

However, do you not understand why general lacrosse fans would be surprised to see guys with 7 points each still scoring with just a few minutes left in a blowout? Are there no other players who deserve to get some time on the field?

Again, I have no issue with kids off the bench going hard down the stretch and scoring despite no need to do so to win.

Perhaps others would have an issue with that, but I don't.

Meanwhile, I'll happily withdraw from this conversation as I think others felt more strenuously about it than I do.
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:03 pm
BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:25 pm Kinda low class to run up the score against a hapless team...
Marist literally scored 29 goals in a game a few weeks ago. Also beat a “hapless team” 19-7 a few games ago.. get out of here with that “low class” B.S
mmm, Tye Kurtz scored at 4:31 left in the 4th off of Mike Robinson assist...up 24-9, what were Delaware's best players doing still in the game?

Seriously, Robinson had 7 goals at that point and Kurtz had 4 goals and 3 assists. What, they both needed 8 points?

I understand back-ups scoring goals in the 4th Q of a blowout, only fair to let them play full speed, but what the heck are top players doing in the game at that point?
MD lax

You are the biggest clown on this forum. The only time you pop up on Delaware thread is to badmouth DeLuca because he didn’t start your beloved son in goal at Harvard. Get over it. The other goalie was better. And get a life. All you do is post on this stupid forum 24/7. Please find another hobby.
Do you have an explanation as to why the best players were still scoring goals at 4:31, up 24-9? why they were still in the game?

I don't.

I just don't understand the decision to have those guys playing at that point...do you?

I've been clear, in detail, what a disaster DeLuca was at Cornell and Harvard, including the year after my son graduated. But I've also wished the Del program well, and he and his family well, hoping that whatever demons he has he figures out and handles better going forward.

So...how do you explain the starters racking up their 8th points each with just 4:31 left and up 24-9?

Is that the explanation?

At a minimum, I'd have thought that giving some of the other kids in the program some time would be a good thing.

BTW, this is a pretty darn good Delaware team, lots of talent, and as usual play hard. Not an easy out for anyone.
Who knows and what does it matter? Maybe he preferred to let his players sharpen up in the scrimmage type arrangement vs. resting. It was their last appearance in Del. Statdium too and the fans really enjoy watching them play. He will have the team ready for Sunday.
I'm sure he will.

However, do you not understand why general lacrosse fans would be surprised to see guys with 7 points each still scoring with just a few minutes left in a blowout? Are there no other players who deserve to get some time on the field?

Again, I have no issue with kids off the bench going hard down the stretch and scoring despite no need to do so to win.

Meanwhile, I'll happily withdraw from this conversation as I think others felt more strenuously about it than I do.
Don’t rope Cornell supporters into this, I’ve only heard positive things for those that played under him there. Harvard is the outlier of those who take offense of his coaching style…
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

BigTom5 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:48 pm

MD lax

I don't.

Is that the explanation?

I'm sure he will.

Don’t rope Cornell supporters into this, I’ve only heard positive things for those that played under him there. Harvard is the outlier of those who take offense of his coaching style…
mmm, that's not true, I've heard directly from numerous Cornell folks otherwise. But there's two sides of any story about his firing there, undoubtedly, so no issue with you being a supporter.

But, please, let's drop it. The Delaware folks have made their choice and in terms of W's and L's, it's definitely been a plus...and I truly hope that people evolve and learn and grow...including coaches.

The players at Delaware certainly don't need this conversation.
nourishment

Post by nourishment »

"Let's drop this conversation that I came in here a few hours ago to start."
CU77

Post by CU77 »

MD didn't start it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Which could be seen on the same page by reading that thread string.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

BigTom5 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:48 pm

MD lax

I don't.

Is that the explanation?

I'm sure he will.

Hate to butt in but many people hear many things. Ben Deluca has done well and moved on. Lots of people makes mistakes.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

From a purely sporting standpoint, and with the rooting interest to see Delaware upset Duke after last year’s awesome upset of GTown, it was curious for DeLuca to leave his starters in with the game well in hand. With a game just four days later, and one sure to be a very stern test, I would think you rest your starters as much as possible.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Owen Grant, Tye Kurtz, JP Ward, Michael Robinson,
from DeLuca’s first couple classes — its been years since the Hens had players this good.
Not unlike what Nadelen did in his first few years with Towson recruiting Zach Goodrich, Ryan Drenner and those kind of top players.
Its difficult to maintain that kind of pace, bringing in skilled players where you’re not a top 5-10 school that gets a top 5-10 class year after year.
Hopefully Hen Fans / alumni provide the support financial and otherwise to maintain the Hens as a consistent top 20 program. They have the facilities and the academics to do that.

Meanwhile, Delaware - Duke tomorrow.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Good luck against Duke tomorrow - you guys are a ton of fun to watch. It's a shame you got Duke in the first round, but it should be a great watch for a neutral.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

I like the Hen"s chances... 15 – 14 OT

Go Blue Hens!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hens, baby !

Let’s call the game right now, OK :)
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Grant is on O’Neill.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Tye Kurtz with 3
he took Kenny Brower to the net.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

OMG...I hate rebound goals!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Leadmon has a hammer.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:40 pm Leadmon has a hammer.
Are you channeling your inner Carc?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:41 pm
hah !

Owen Grant dices O’Neill leads to a goal,

6-3 Hens.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:41 pm
hah !
Owen Grant dices O’Neill leads to a goal,

6-3 Hens.
Definitely rooting for the Hens.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

8-5 Hens about a minute to go in the half.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”