Michigan at Cornell

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Michigan at Cornell

Post by Farfromgeneva »

masondixonlax wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:52 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:50 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:43 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:42 pm Good shot by Cornell at the start of OT? Or a bit forced?
Surprised Cornell didn’t call a time out before
I don’t always like the TO. Have seen it backfire sometimes.
True. But don’t think you wanting a FOGO taking that shot. Seemed like whoever had possession last was going to win. But alas, easy to play monday morning quarterback
Probably not it’s all situational but I also see some coaches who make possession then TO automatic in OT.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Blake had the goalie beat for the likely winner,
low and inside,
but he clanged it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

rolldodge wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:53 pm Congrats to Michigan and Peter Thompson. Always thought he should have gotten more run at Georgetown.
His dad's been a Doctor at UMich Hospital for a couple decades. Pretty neat that he grew up in Ann Arbor, before D1 lax was even a dream for UMich.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:49 pm Most likely “upset,” I think.

Michigan 15, Cornell 13.

DocBarrister
Good call Doc
Lager

Post by Lager »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:52 pm Adler tipped the stick on that shot
it was actually a great play by Adler.
It was still clearly always intended as a pass.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Well -played, exciting game by both teams. Congratulations to Michigan and good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks to Big Red for another excellent season. Special thanks to those moving on.

In hindsight, of course, I wish 20 had pulled it out to set up, but the kid was feeling it and his prior misses were all wide of the cage with back up. Also wish 7 was not so quick to double behind the cage. It's too long a wait now till next season.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Great run by Adler
he’s something else

but
I’d have to say Michigan played better overall team ball today, they kept Kirst in check.
Finster

Post by Finster »

another fan wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:01 pm Well -played, exciting game by both teams. Congratulations to Michigan and good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks to Big Red for another excellent season. Special thanks to those moving on.

In hindsight, of course, I wish 20 had pulled it out to set up, but the kid was feeling it and his prior misses were all wide of the cage with back up. Also wish 7 was not so quick to double behind the cage. It's too long a wait now till next season.

The kind of game where you don’t want either to lose. I feel for Cornell. Also happy for Michigan.
coda

Post by coda »

Just a great game. Best game of the tournament
af.health

Post by af.health »

I honestly believe that if Cohen was playing Michigan wins by 4-5 goals . Great game tho
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

another fan wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:01 pm Well -played, exciting game by both teams. Congratulations to Michigan and good luck the rest of the way.

The double struck me as a mistake in the moment. Didn’t seem like the other defenders were prepared to slide as they needed for that double to occur.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Lager

Post by Lager »

af.health wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:29 pm I honestly believe that if Cohen was playing Michigan wins by 4-5 goals . Great game tho
Lol. All anyone's ever talked about is Boehm and Zawada being the dynamic duo, yet suddenly Cohen is the key to Michigan's success? I think you were listening to those anti-Cornell announcers a bit too much. They REALLY wanted to let the folks at home know that missing Cohen was like the Warriors missing Curry. Truly embarrassing announcers..."Max Adler."
coda

Post by coda »

Lager wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:43 pm
af.health wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:29 pm I honestly believe that if Cohen was playing Michigan wins by 4-5 goals . Great game tho
Lol. All anyone's ever talked about is Boehm and Zawada being the dynamic duo, yet suddenly Cohen is the key to Michigan's success? I think you were listening to those anti-Cornell announcers a bit too much. They REALLY wanted to let the folks at home know that missing Cohen was like the Warriors missing Curry. Truly embarrassing announcers..."Max Adler."
I think you are projecting here. That said Cohen is a huge piece for the Michigan offense. He is 3rd in pts on the team. He can play attack or middie. He takes a lot of pressure off Zawaada as a dodger.
DMac

Post by DMac »

coda wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:13 pm Just a great game. Best game of the tournament
Great game, yes, but the Army-Md game was a pretty darn good one too.
Lager

Post by Lager »

coda wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:34 pm
I think you are projecting here. That said Cohen is a huge piece for the Michigan offense. He is 3rd in pts on the team. He can play attack or middie. He takes a lot of pressure off Zawaada as a dodger.
Projecting what? The announcers spent the entire game hyping up Michigan, setting up their Cinderella run, and calling maybe the best defenseman to ever touch a lacrosse stick "Max." Two can play at that game anyways, Cornell's Mikey Long is a similar "X factor" type of player and isn't at 100% right now with a hamstring injury, and it shows.
random observer

Post by random observer »

Every team has injuries; laughable to think that losing your third leading scorer would cost you 4 goals. When UVA was playing without Cormier, the next man up dropped a double hat trick on Hopkins. Cornell's second best offensive player (Long) has barely played this season with a lower body injury and has never looked right; I could just as easily say that if Long was at 100% Cornell wins by 4-5 goals (and to be clear I think that would be silly to say -- although I do believe a healthy Long > Cohen). Congrats to Michigan they were the better team today, but take the win with class. Or at the very least be realistic with your hypotheticals.
coda

Post by coda »

random observer wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:25 pm
Every team has injuries; laughable to think that losing your third leading scorer would cost you 4 goals. When UVA was playing without Cormier, the next man up dropped a double hat trick on Hopkins. Cornell's second best offensive player (Long) has barely played this season with a lower body injury and has never looked right; I could just as easily say that if Long was at 100% Cornell wins by 4-5 goals (and to be clear I think that would be silly to say -- although I do believe a healthy Long > Cohen). Congrats to Michigan they were the better team today, but take the win with class. Or at the very least be realistic with your hypotheticals.
At no point did I say Cohen was worth 4 goals and I have no idea what you are talking about with “take the win with class”. . I merely commented on someone saying all the talk was about Zawaada and Boehm. Anyone who has followed Michigan knows that is not correct
random observer

Post by random observer »

coda wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:47 pm
At no point did I say Cohen was worth 4 goals and I have no idea what you are talking about with “take the win with class”. . I merely commented on someone saying all the talk was about Zawaada and Boehm. Anyone who has followed Michigan knows that is not correct
Apologies, the comment was mainly directed at af.health, I was just responding to the latest reply in the chain.
coda

Post by coda »

random observer wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:00 pm
coda wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:47 pm
Apologies, the comment was mainly directed at af.health, I was just responding to the latest reply in the chain.
All good
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

masondixonlax wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:58 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:49 pm Most likely “upset,” I think.

Michigan 15, Cornell 13.

DocBarrister
Good call Doc
Thanks, mdl. Two excellent teams. Sorry that one had to go home.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”