Maryland 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MoralTerpitude

Re: Maryland 2023

Post by MoralTerpitude »

masondixonlax wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:42 am
10stone5 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:17 am
CU77 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:36 am
MoralTerpitude wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:44 pm But 2022 doesn't count, because according to Quint they would have lost if the championship game was five minutes longer.
Quint and Carc claimed that Tillman told them that, at an accidental meeting at the airport after the game.

But it's nonsense no matter who said it. The Terps were in total control in that game, were up 9-2 with 5 min to go in the 3rd, and then let up a little. Cornell got to 9-6 halfway through Q4, but did not score again until just 36s were left. And they were still down 2. I have no doubt that the Terps would have put up another goal or two if the game went on and they really needed to. But they didn't.
It sounds to me like a throwaway line from Tills
to get rid of Click and Clack, the Tappet brothers.
lol they won by 2 goals despite going scoreless for the final 27 minutes of the game... quint and carc sipping on that haterade
Yup. And anyone else notice how they barely talk about the impact of transfers this year? And why would they, when the biggest impact transfers play for Notre Dame and UVa.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:56 pm As a lifelong Terps fan of many sports… yeah we absolutely have a chip on our shoulders.

It’s been tougher the last twenty or so years, after the Terps started winning championships in a bunch of sports. :D
Going to sell those to pay off Debbie Yows debts?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:06 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:56 pm As a lifelong Terps fan of many sports… yeah we absolutely have a chip on our shoulders.

It’s been tougher the last twenty or so years, after the Terps started winning championships in a bunch of sports. :D
Fans of schools that actually win championships know that debt is temporary. Titles are forever.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:11 pm

Fans of schools that actually win championships know that debt is temporary. Titles are forever.
Yeah all my accomplishments in life men’s nothing to basking in a risk state school where I can bask in the accomplishments of others unrelated to me.

Debt is temporary is you utilize Ch 11 or 7. Any ideas how many below IG companies ever become investment grade again? Less than 15%. Junk is junk forever.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:19 pm

Yeah all my accomplishments in life men’s nothing to basking in a risk state school where I can bask in the accomplishments of others unrelated to me.

Debt is temporary is you utilize Ch 11 or 7. Any ideas how many below IG companies ever become investment grade again? Less than 15%. Junk is junk forever.
Not sure what you're on about. We're all lacrosse fans here, and nearly all of us have personal connections to the programs we root for. Just a part of our tapestries, along with the other aspects of our lives.

Maryland is not close to filing for bankruptcy of any form... and not sure how relevant a comparison is between privately invested companies and state-funded universities.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:26 pm

Not sure what you're on about. We're all lacrosse fans here, and nearly all of us have personal connections to the programs we root for. Just a part of our tapestries, along with the other aspects of our lives.

Maryland is not close to filing for bankruptcy of any form... and not sure how relevant a comparison is between privately invested companies and state-funded universities.
Your comment was goofy and connections are not all the same. I also don’t superimpose current events on campus with my life which your comment implies you do. Setting aside Hobarts 12 straight lacrosse titles or the Hockey championship they just won. You’re AD screwed up and it had nothing to do with winning titles, fortuitous that you got into the Big Ten but the mismanagement is what it is. Titles have nothing to do with debt or else HPU would’ve been in the FF last few years. The comment was dumb so you got the response it deserved.

Literally suggesting I don’t understand capital investment being the reason MD has won some secondary titles. What I’m on about?

How do you think tax receipts will be in fiscal 23/24?
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

ESPN announcer during ND-Utah game said ND had a great chance to win the national championship last year if they just didn't get snubbed. I spit out my afternoon bourbon.

As for the program that somehow won the national championship last year after an 18-0 season...it will be interesting to see how the Terps do tonight. Hopefully a bunch of the young guys can step up.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

A big factor in the incredible consistency of the program over the years and having these massive peak years of 16, 17, 21, 22 has been the young guys breaking through early to Championship Weekend perhaps “ahead of schedule.” Tournament experience is incredibly valuable and if you can do it maybe before you’re fully developed as a player in teams of skill set, you have a leg up over the competition

2014 group with Rambo, Heacock, IDA, et al. did it after losing tons of production from 2013 and parlayed it into the amazing years we saw in 2016 and 2017.

2018 group with Logan, DeMaio, Bubba being on a #1 seed Final Four team as freshmen (team that probably should have been a 5 seed if not for classic Tillman tinkering) helped prep them for 2021-2022, even through losing to a senior laden Duke team in F4. Heck, guys like Makar and Long making big plays in the playoffs in that win over Towson on the road in 2019 was crucial and they used the pain of the Quarterfinal loss to UVA to fuel them over next 3 years even if they came up short of F4.

Losing tonight would not by any means be a bad thing long term for this group, or mean they won’t bring a title or make more F4s, but if they can get over this hump tonight and give themselves a crack next week in Annapolis at the F4 and soaking up that experience…it’s going to set things up incredibly well for not just next year but especially ‘25 and ‘26 with this group.

Just find a way to win.
AlphaDawg

Post by AlphaDawg »

Expecting a big performance by the Terps tonight. I think the Mich embarrassment will be very helpful in tonight’s effort
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:48 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:26 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:56 pm
Your comment was goofy and connections are not all the same. I also don’t superimpose current events on campus with my life which your comment implies you do. Setting aside Hobarts 12 straight lacrosse titles or the Hockey championship they just won. You’re AD screwed up and it had nothing to do with winning titles, fortuitous that you got into the Big Ten but the mismanagement is what it is. Titles have nothing to do with debt or else HPU would’ve been in the FF last few years. The comment was dumb so you got the response it deserved.

Literally suggesting I don’t understand capital investment being the reason MD has won some secondary titles. What I’m on about?

How do you think tax receipts will be in fiscal 23/24?
Because no one else in this thread really cares (and frankly neither do I), you can have the last word. But it must be exhausting to feel the need to regulate other peoples’ “goofy” comments. Good luck with that.
Bmk2222

Post by Bmk2222 »

Omg - save a goal!
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

Make a goddamn save, Ruppel
Bmk2222

Post by Bmk2222 »

Last edited by Bmk2222 on Sun May 14, 2023 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I’m not blaming Ruppel.

Terps look fatigued,
Terps look like they’re not really in the game.
IDHen

Post by IDHen »

Looks like Terps thought they could sleep walk through this game. LOL, save the upset in this round for UD guys. Although, I don’t really consider this would be a big upset. The Terps have not been so great this year.
Bmk2222

Post by Bmk2222 »

Man Rupell is not seeing anything tonight….
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

Wierman is winning every clamp and then just getting bodied off the ball
Last edited by NYterp09 on Sat May 13, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bmk2222

Post by Bmk2222 »

Embarrassing.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Thought Erksa was gonna have that one at the end. Not sure if Army was just shooting incredibly well or Rueppell just wasn’t seeing it tonight. Regardless, he has some good years ahead of him.

Good game knights, good game terps.
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

I don’t like pointing fingers but this is squarely on Ruppel. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse game from a goalie. Contrast that with Dent who was the only reason the terps didn’t put up 20.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”