D3 All Americans

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

D3 All Americans

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

nescaclax07

Re: D3 All Americans

Post by nescaclax07 »

Who is this Conley kid from Middlebury that is second team? He is fifth in the team in points and frequently does not even receive the LSM matchup in big games. If it is anyone from Middlebury it should probably be Jamin or Thorndike. Also absurd how Swank from Tufts did not even receive an HM. That kid can shoot the crap out of the ball and has 60 goals this year. I get it people get fatigued of Tufts but that kid deserves to be at leas an HM
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

This list is pretty much ignorable. Lots of mistakes on it.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

nescaclax07 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:20 pm Who is this Conley kid from Middlebury that is second team? He is fifth in the team in points and frequently does not even receive the LSM matchup in big games. If it is anyone from Middlebury it should probably be Jamin or Thorndike. Also absurd how Swank from Tufts did not even receive an HM. That kid can shoot the crap out of the ball and has 60 goals this year. I get it people get fatigued of Tufts but that kid deserves to be at leas an HM
Swank deserved to be HM. He has been the biggest threat on the Tufts team in last 10 - 15 games.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

The12lov3 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:42 pm
nescaclax07 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:20 pm Who is this Conley kid from Middlebury that is second team? He is fifth in the team in points and frequently does not even receive the LSM matchup in big games. If it is anyone from Middlebury it should probably be Jamin or Thorndike. Also absurd how Swank from Tufts did not even receive an HM. That kid can shoot the crap out of the ball and has 60 goals this year. I get it people get fatigued of Tufts but that kid deserves to be at leas an HM
Swank deserved to be HM. He has been the biggest threat on the Tufts team in last 10 - 15 games.
I have watched Swank since high school. He could shoot the crap out of the ball back then too, as hard of a shot as I have ever seen in high school and one of the bigger hammers in D3.
smoova

Post by smoova »

He's the primary initiator on the #5 team in the country and frequently runs defensive shifts. AA is about more than numbers.
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

I wouldn't look too deep into this All-American list. Lacrosse Magazine is always way off. Their rankings weren't very accurate this year and its no surprise their all American list is way off. Cook from CNU isn't listed on any team and he is the best middie in the country.
Bucket

Post by Bucket »

MarionBarry wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:10 pm I wouldn't look too deep into this All-American list. Lacrosse Magazine is always way off. Their rankings weren't very accurate this year and its no surprise their all American list is way off. Cook from CNU isn't listed on any team and he is the best middie in the country.
Though I wouldn't use the Conley selection as an example of this. He was also a First-team All-NESCAC choice, which was a decision made by coaches.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

I genuinely don't understand how USA Lacrosse Magazine can be so ignorant/uninformed every year. Their job is literally to know what's happening in the lacrosse world! Feels like this is an annual occurrence.
RamsFan

Post by RamsFan »

So Swank, the leading goal scorer (tied with Boyden who will likely be player of the year d3) in the best Conf in the country, does not even a get mention.

And Cook from CNU, arguably the best middie in the south, doesn’t get a mention.

This thing is a joke.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

RamsFan wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:22 pm
So Swank, the leading goal scorer (tied with Boyden who will likely be player of the year d3) in the best Conf in the country, does not even a get mention.

And Cook from CNU, arguably the best middie in the south, doesn’t get a mention.

This thing is a joke.
Cook is the best Mid in the country. It is laughable they didn't put him or Swank in there.

ODAC POY Kammerman only an HM, RIT's best Mid Mozrall is only an HM, no Brice Bromwell. I could go on and on about how bad this list is. Unless the creators of these lists are doing it for free, I just don't get how they can create such a bad list.
Olddawg83

Post by Olddawg83 »

Laxguy703 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:58 pm
RamsFan wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:22 pm

This thing is a joke.
Cook is the best Mid in the country. It is laughable they didn't put him or Swank in there.

ODAC POY Kammerman only an HM, RIT's best Mid Mozrall is only an HM, no Brice Bromwell. I could go on and on about how bad this list is. Unless the creators of these lists are doing it for free, I just don't get how they can create such a bad list.
This happens every pre and post season with us lax magazine Dan Arestia who is the journalist that makes the list is a complete bozo in my opinion. Does nothing but look at statistics and creates the list that way.
Noz

Post by Noz »

So glad to hear y'all saying this!!! Based on the players, I have to wonder what stats he's looking at!?!?!? It's truly mind boggling.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”