Marist @ Delaware-Play-In Game On Wednesday

D1 Mens Lacrosse
oldbartman

Re: Marist @ Delaware-Play-In Game On Wednesday

Post by oldbartman »

Itaintoveryet16 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:29 pm delaware coaches showed the lax world that they lack class by leaving their starters in late 4th Q aggressively shooting on goal. Game was a wrap subs should gotten more PT. Maybe delaware can learn a thing or two from danowski this weekend when roles are reversed. No class delaware no class
Really??/ You mean like in the Quinnipiac game with Embury and Pirreca scoring in the 4th Q/ Pirecca scoring the games last goal??
IDHen

Post by IDHen »

Itaintoveryet16 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:29 pm delaware coaches showed the lax world that they lack class by leaving their starters in late 4th Q aggressively shooting on goal. Game was a wrap subs should gotten more PT. Maybe delaware can learn a thing or two from danowski this weekend when roles are reversed. No class delaware no class

Maybe, just maybe, Coach DeLuca (and his players) was making a statement to the NCAA selection group who put his team in a PIG for the 2nd straight year. Besides, this is big boy time. Time to man up and do what you can, take what you can. No prisoners. The tables may turn but you never know; all is fair in love and lacrosse.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

IDHen wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:14 pm

Maybe, just maybe, Coach DeLuca (and his players) was making a statement to the NCAA selection group who put his team in a PIG for the 2nd straight year. Besides, this is big boy time. Time to man up and do what you can, take what you can. No prisoners. The tables may turn but you never know; all is fair in love and lacrosse.
Eh. I hope that's not what he was trying to do. Not only would that be poor sportsmanship in regards to the opposing team, its not a smart move for his team that needs to play again in three days.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

IMO Delaware shouldn’t be in a PIG in 23’. But, if Bryant is in the PIG, several scenarios involving flights. After the PIG, with wins etc! That’s my guess why they scheduled the games in this way. Because simply Bryant is in Rhode Island.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

That's especially funny if you are a Marist fan, glass houses....
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

coda wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:39 pm Delaware playing in play in game was intersting. This team lost by 1 to Nova, 4 to Michigan, and 2 @ Hopkins. They have one of the few defenders that can match up with ONeill. The Owens vs O'Neill match-up is reason enough to watch this game.
Yeah, I think Duke gets a little shafted with this draw. Since the committee values RPI so heavily in seeding /pairing decisions, Delaware got slotted to the play-in game. Their issue was SoS, but as they showed in the three games you mentioned, they can play with the big boys.

Massey has them rated @ 21, above Utah and Bryant and just below Richmond. As last year proved, they're not an easy out.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Maybe they can learn something about class from Marist who dropped 29 on quinnipiac? Puh lease. Get a life. Your kid’s team sucks!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

What makes you think roles will be reversed.

Hens have 4 All American or All American caliber players, DeLuca has recruited well to fill in the other pieces,

the risk is, if Naso gets in the 80+ range on face offs,
Hens have a physical D which can handle physical players, which the CAA has a lot of those.
Itaintoveryet16

Post by Itaintoveryet16 »

As for those responding to my comment Delaware running up score. No my kid does not play for Marist nor do I know any players on either team for that matter. For record I think it was 100% wrong for Marist leave starters in MAAC tourney. Those defending Delaware stating they did same thing as Marist be reminded two wrongs don’t make a right. Lastly Delaware wants more respect? Once again running up score on a team beaten shows lacrosse world Delaware needs work on their sportsmanship along with beating top tier teams regular season to be regarded in such light. Until then enjoy your play in games where you belong!
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Itaintoveryet16 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:40 pm As for those responding to my comment Delaware running up score. No my kid does not play for Marist nor do I know any players on either team for that matter. For record I think it was 100% wrong for Marist leave starters in MAAC tourney. Those defending Delaware stating they did same thing as Marist be reminded two wrongs don’t make a right. Lastly Delaware wants more respect? Once again running up score on a team beaten shows lacrosse world Delaware needs work on their sportsmanship along with beating top tier teams regular season to be regarded in such light. Until then enjoy your play in games where you belong!
This might win the lamest, fakest and most bitter parent post of the year award. I’m sure you’re really upset about running up scores on a random team that you have no association with. Smells like a disgruntled Long Island parent to me. I didn’t see you commenting on Virginia’s second game of the year when they scored 25 against Harvard. Super weak
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Henpecked wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:09 pm I didn’t see you commenting on Virginia’s second game of the year when they scored 25 against Harvard. Super weak
To be fair, UVA could have scored 40 in that game. Them scoring "only" 25 was a pretty impressive display of sportsmanship.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Henpecked wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:09 pm
Itaintoveryet16 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:40 pm As for those responding to my comment Delaware running up score. No my kid does not play for Marist nor do I know any players on either team for that matter. For record I think it was 100% wrong for Marist leave starters in MAAC tourney. Those defending Delaware stating they did same thing as Marist be reminded two wrongs don’t make a right. Lastly Delaware wants more respect? Once again running up score on a team beaten shows lacrosse world Delaware needs work on their sportsmanship along with beating top tier teams regular season to be regarded in such light. Until then enjoy your play in games where you belong!
This might win the lamest, fakest and most bitter parent post of the year award. I’m sure you’re really upset about running up scores on a random team that you have no association with. Smells like a disgruntled Long Island parent to me. I didn’t see you commenting on Virginia’s second game of the year when they scored 25 against Harvard. Super weak
Why LI ?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Itaintoveryet16 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:40 pm
Lastly Delaware wants more respect?
I doubt DeLuca could care less about respect.
Hens have goals.
They met them, win the CAA, win the CAA tournie, win an NCAA game.
Itaintoveryet16 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:40 pm
… beating top tier teams regular season to be regarded in such light.
They’re working on that.
You don’t turn into world beaters, you don’t get an endless string of 4, 5 star recruits overnight.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

flyerfan17 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:27 pm
Why LI ?
I can smell Long Island fans from 200 miles away. They are the worst. And I know that because I was from Long Island. Just like I know you are from Nassau County and had a kid that went to Chaminade. :D
Itaintoveryet16

Post by Itaintoveryet16 »

In reponse to the dribble from Henpecked I've just started on this forum today & only have interest in commenting about the tourney, As with everythng Ive seen from you your wrong again Im not from LI. Nothing Ive seen remotely justifies delaware running up the score let alone coaches not allowing subs get minutes I'm sure they deserved through hard work at practice!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Why LI ?
I believe HenFan is from LI, that’s probably the why :lol:
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Itaintoveryet16 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:35 pm In reponse to the dribble from Henpecked I've just started on this forum today & only have interest in commenting about the tourney, As with everythng Ive seen from you your wrong again Im not from LI. Nothing Ive seen remotely justifies delaware running up the score let alone coaches not allowing subs get minutes I'm sure they deserved through hard work at practice!
So…

you made your point already.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

BTW, Delaware has been to the quarterfinals of the NCAAs four times and the Final Four once. They have had no problem winning play-in games the last two years. Proving that is NOT where they belong.

You picked a weird fight for your first post on Fanlax. Hard to believe you are not a bitter Marist parent.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Henpecked wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:34 pm
Why LI ?
I can smell Long Island fans from 200 miles away. They are the worst. And I know that because I was from Long Island. Just like I know you are from Nassau County and had a kid that went to Chaminade. :D
Obviously guilty and have seen some bad for sure...
redfoxalum

Post by redfoxalum »

As a Marist backer, took no issue with how UD managed the 4th Q. Not only would it would be very hypocritical to complain after Marist's MAAC tournament, but it's the tourney and DeLuca needs to prepare his team for what's to come as he sees fit - be that getting guys reps, resting them, sending a message about being placed in the play in game again, etc. It's also the nature of the game in the shot clock era.

Looking towards Sunday, anticipating a close game. My only questions about UD heading into this game are 1) how do they handle playing a team of Duke's caliber after seeing nobody close to as good since JHU almost 2 months ago? 2) Face offs. Face offs are likely UD's achilles heel, and one of Duke's strengths. If Naso is dominating, but not winning extremely cleanly, I'd consider bumping another poll up to the wings. Delaware's polls are all pretty strong off the ground and causing turnovers. If the Hockenberry - Premtaj tandem can get to 40% and Kilkeary can save 50%, would be surprised if the outcome isn't in doubt late in the 4th Q.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”