Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The Orfling wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:46 pm Interesting note in the Inside Lacrosse article on the portal (Ty Xanders, I think?) — reports that two unnamed 2023 tournament teams have already reached out to Mac Eldridge. Georgetown (guessing) and . . . Penn State? Other guesses?
Does it count if Doc Barrister reached out unofficially and unsolicited on behalf of Hop?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

oldbartman wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:22 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:33 pm I wonder why Richie Lacalandra withdrew from school after 4 games in...
Not happy with his playing time and his role.. Considering the ball was in Myers stick for the bulk of the time, he wasn't used to being an offball player. Hearing he's heading back to the A 10 (not Hobart).
Back to the A-10? That’s a hint
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

The Orfling wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:46 pm Interesting note in the Inside Lacrosse article on the portal (Ty Xanders, I think?) — reports that two unnamed 2023 tournament teams have already reached out to Mac Eldridge. Georgetown (guessing) and . . . Penn State? Other guesses?
No inside information...but a Georgetown Prep kid going to Georgetown wouldn't be surprising at all. Isn't Georgetown's FOGO out of eligibility after this season?
dek

Post by dek »

Richmond; PSU seems unlikely, with Mullins having three years left after this season.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Wheels wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:46 pm
No inside information...but a Georgetown Prep kid going to Georgetown wouldn't be surprising at all. Isn't Georgetown's FOGO out of eligibility after this season?
Yes fogo was in his 5th year
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Laxbuck wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:28 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:33 pm I wonder why Richie Lacalandra withdrew from school after 4 games in...
Not happy with his playing time and his role.. Considering the ball was in Myers stick for the bulk of the time, he wasn't used to being an offball player. Hearing he's heading back to the A 10 (not Hobart).
St. Joes.. or joining his buddies at Umass?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Good luck with a kid on his third school who’s been held back or out by his prior two for non medical reasons. Should make for a better team concept I’m sure.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:32 am
Good luck with a kid on his third school who’s been held back or out by his prior two for non medical reasons. Should make for a better team concept I’m sure.
Don't sh*t talk Richie, he's an absolute stud. Would take him in a minute and feature him in my offense.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Richie isn't a bad kid. To be honest he wasn't being used much at Ohio State. He played but pretty much took up space. He could have helped take some attention off of Jack Myers and spread the ball around. He knew going there that Jack was the number 1 but he didn't expect to not be involved at all. I don't agree with leaving like he did I mean I'm sure he wanted to try and keep this yrs eligibility but idk how that will work out. He definitely still has 1 yr remaining. He didn't have issues at LIU he just needs someone around him who understands him and can help him understand situations. He was never suspended or anything from LIU. He chose to leave LIU before Coach Wolf left because he didn't want to move to the MAAC. He should have stuck with St Joes his first pick but he was told he would be heavily involved this yr and then next yr when Jack left he could run the offense. At St Joes he was coming out of the box so he chose to play attack at Ohio State. St Joes could really use a QB to run there offense. They have all big boys who can shoot but no one who can create and draw a slide. Teams will be interested because they want to win and he's talented. Unfortunately transferring isn't always the best move. Teams that pick up transfers usually just have a hole they need filled and will BS you just to get u there. It's worse for seniors or grads because ur not part of the future or have been part of the program so ur pretty much being used. Now not all coaches do it and doesn't happen to everyone but some transfers think one thing from what there being told by a coach then get there and there just a piece of meat there to fill a need. It's not always smooth sailing and what u expect. Part of me loves the portal and part of me don't like it at all. Some kids waste there final yr if eligibility expected much more. It's a business tho and coaches jobs are on the line so they don't care. Well not all but some.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

DoubleD wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 pm Richie isn't a bad kid. To be honest he wasn't being used much at Ohio State. He played but pretty much took up space. He could have helped take some attention off of Jack Myers and spread the ball around. He knew going there that Jack was the number 1 but he didn't expect to not be involved at all. I don't agree with leaving like he did I mean I'm sure he wanted to try and keep this yrs eligibility but idk how that will work out. He definitely still has 1 yr remaining. He didn't have issues at LIU he just needs someone around him who understands him and can help him understand situations. He was never suspended or anything from LIU. He chose to leave LIU before Coach Wolf left because he didn't want to move to the MAAC. He should have stuck with St Joes his first pick but he was told he would be heavily involved this yr and then next yr when Jack left he could run the offense. At St Joes he was coming out of the box so he chose to play attack at Ohio State. St Joes could really use a QB to run there offense. They have all big boys who can shoot but no one who can create and draw a slide. Teams will be interested because they want to win and he's talented. Unfortunately transferring isn't always the best move. Teams that pick up transfers usually just have a hole they need filled and will BS you just to get u there. It's worse for seniors or grads because ur not part of the future or have been part of the program so ur pretty much being used. Now not all coaches do it and doesn't happen to everyone but some transfers think one thing from what there being told by a coach then get there and there just a piece of meat there to fill a need. It's not always smooth sailing and what u expect. Part of me loves the portal and part of me don't like it at all. Some kids waste there final yr if eligibility expected much more. It's a business tho and coaches jobs are on the line so they don't care. Well not all but some.
He's gonna need a waiver from the NCAA to play next year and that's far from a lock.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

He's definitely gonna be ineligible in the fall right? Now if they don't give him the grant to play next season he has to sit out a yr being he has 1 yr of eligibility left? He can definitely play again it's just a matter of next season or sit out a yr?
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

If they do give him the waiver to play next yr would he have two yrs of eligibility left being he only played 4 games or he will definitely lose this season and have 1 yr left?
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

DoubleD wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:52 pm He's definitely gonna be ineligible in the fall right? Now if they don't give him the grant to play next season he has to sit out a yr being he has 1 yr of eligibility left? He can definitely play again it's just a matter of next season or sit out a yr?
Correct, if he doesn't get a waiver he will have to sit in 2024 and wont be eligible until 2025. I believe he can play in the fall either way but if he doesn't get a waiver the number of teams interested could be impacted as some schools might not want to wait 2 years for 1 year of eligibility.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Shoulda stuck with the St Joe’s option.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

DoubleD wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:54 pm If they do give him the waiver to play next yr would he have two yrs of eligibility left being he only played 4 games or he will definitely lose this season and have 1 yr left?
No he would still only have the 1 year of eligibility left as I believe he left this year under his own volition and was not injured. There is a process to request a waiver to get a season back but it's a very high bar to climb and I don't see anything that would qualify him for it.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

I do not believe that any of the kids that left LIU had anything to do with what conference they were going to be playing in and everything to do with Coach Wolf not being retained, most of their better players went into the portal soon after Wolf's departure, I do not know for sure that is why Richie Lacalandra left.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Yeah he should have stuck with St Joes. He would have had tons of assists with all those shooters. He's exactly what they are missing. i think he would have had a huge yr with them. He had 35 assists last yr and only had Blake Behlen and Sean Boll on offense with him. At St Joes with Carter Page, Levi Anderson, Matt Boemer, Tucker Brown and even Dwyer. All finishers. That was the team to play with but like I said he was told what he wanted to hear and ur talking about Ohio State or St Joes. Ohio State football games alone can sway a kid. He could have done well there if they actually used him. Jack Myers numbers would have been a lot better too. He was swayed away from St Joes and ended up being the wrong decision. Happens sometimes I just wish he stuck it out for the season then left. Learn from it and move on.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

No only Richie left due to not wanting to play in the MAAC and that's facts trust me. He entered the portal before coach Wolf left. Was actually about a month before Wolf left. Wolf had his captains picked and had no plans of leaving at that time. Yes the other kids who left all left once Wolf decided to go to NJIT but Richie was about a week or so after they lost to St Joes in the NEC tournament.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

Wolf had a great relationship with the kids and is an excellent recruiter. A few of them wanted to leave to challenge themselves at a higher level but they were loyal to Coach Wolf and couldn't leave him. If he stayed the only one who would have left was Richie. Even Will Mark would have stayed. He wanted to go test himself but was loyal to wolf. Same with Murphy and same with the Fogo Justin Joseph. Wolf gave him a chance to get in shape and become a better player. Two yrs ago he barerly played and was very heavy. He got in great shape and won around 53% last yr with guys like Zach Cole, Adam Shea, Nathon Liberte at Bryant. This yr he transferee to Drexel and finished at 56%. The kids loved Wolf he built strong close relationships with them since the day he recruited them. That's why they were all loyal to him.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Justin Joseph was the most consistent, reliable player on Drexel this year.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”