Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Let's just give up.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:58 pm Let's just give up.
Imagine observing these scenes, seeing the carnage, seeing the domino effect of trauma and loss — and being a legislator who does nothing. It is literally immoral.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

unfortunately, cradle just doesn't want to listen that his point about substitution has been heard, that it has some merit, but absolutely not a 1:1 substitution. Dog with a bone.

So, unless he's gonna engage with what others are actually saying, not much use in grinding.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:05 am Man Shot 14-Year-Old in Back of Head as She Was Playing Hide-and-Seek

Never know, they could have been antifa...
... you sure he used a gun, not a beat up old chevy? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:46 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:05 am Man Shot 14-Year-Old in Back of Head as She Was Playing Hide-and-Seek

What causes someone to do that?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:47 pm

... ask C&S, only he knows. Maybe the guy's new BMW was in the shop. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

That seems to be the game plan. You have any solutions don't be afraid to chime in. The only game plan that I am hearing and reading about revolves around the banning of firearms.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:47 pm

... ask C&S, only he knows. Maybe the guy's new BMW was in the shop. :lol:
That is shallow end of the gene pool thinking on your part. ;)
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue May 09, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:19 pm
Imagine observing these scenes, seeing the carnage, seeing the domino effect of trauma and loss — and being a legislator who does nothing. It is literally immoral.
I saw video of the Buffalo shooter and the guy that killed his neighbors over shoveling snow. Not pretty.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:25 pm
I saw video of the Buffalo shooter and the guy that killed his neighbors over shoveling snow. Not pretty.
I see the scorecard every morning on our local news concerning the carnage from night before. This 14 year old was stabbed, this 17 year old was shot and the list goes on and on and on. The Buffalo shooter, if the feds have their way, will eventually be given the death sentence. Funny how the state of NY so vigilantly stands against the death penalty. At the end of the day these sanctimonious FLP that run NYS will gladly look the other way if the Buffalo shooter gets his ass strapped to an electric chair.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue May 09, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:34 pm
It's the same old same old same old on this forum. As a collective group you folks, or at least the chosen few, are the self proclaimed smartest people on the planet. I can conclude from that our planet is in deep chit if it is looking at all of you for solutions. Every god damn one of you is a prime example of one dimensional thinking on display. Your college professors taught you all well. :D
When have you ever suggested a "solution" to any public policy issue, to say nothing of the issue presented by this thread? Your anti-intellectual salt of the earth blowhardism on the couch hasn't forged any real insight. Get a mirror.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:34 pm
It's the same old same old same old on this forum. As a collective group you folks, or at least the chosen few, are the self proclaimed smartest people on the planet. I can conclude from that our planet is in deep chit if it is looking at all of you for solutions. Every god damn one of you is a prime example of one dimensional thinking on display. Your college professors taught you all well. :D
When have you ever suggested a "solution" to any public policy issue, to say nothing of the issue presented by this thread? Your anti-intellectual salt of the earth blowhardism on the couch hasn't forged any real insight. Get a mirror.
Too bad you answered before I deleted my post. Since you did you deserve my reply. I'm no more of a blowhard than you. I've suggested solutions on a number of occasions, you just don't agree with them and that is fine . Should I bail out on my anti intellectual salt of the earth opinions and let you solve all of the worlds problems? Your side of high browed intellectual types who are actually running the country are not exactly doing a bang up job counselor in case you have been too busy to notice. :D
As a wise ass young teenager who butted heads with my also non intellectual mother she would often inform me if I wasn't so smart I would understand how stupid I was. Thinking back on those years I only wish your mother had given you the same advice. ;)

Counselor I'm not as stupid or ignorant as you think I am. I'm more than happy walking Roxy and planting my vegetables and as I'm doing right now admiring my tulip bed. The answer IMO to the ugliness in the world is surrounding myself in the beautiful things that are out there. My lilac bushes are blooming and the bunny rabbit that shows up every morning to have breakfast make me smile. All I need to do to ruin the mood is watch the morning news.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue May 09, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

C&S -- you be sure to inform us of all the mass vehicle ramming attacks you hear about. And we'll do the same for AR-15 shootings. We all know what the ratio is gonna look like.

FYI, Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush were good with banning AR-15s.

Problem is that over the last 25 years a bunch of bubba idiots have been brainwashed to think the world would end if they couldn't have their death fetish toys any longer.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

All these mass murderers drive to the location of their crime, only to park their vehicles to kill their victims using guns.

Why not just use the vehicle to commit the crime?
So inefficient. Since the SUV will kill just as many people just as easily as the gun.

Bonus is that the truck killer could then swing through the drive through on the way home from the murder scene.

Why doesn't every mass murderer do this? They all have vehicles.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:23 pm C&S -- you be sure to inform us of all the mass vehicle ramming attacks you hear about. And we'll do the same for AR-15 shootings. We all know what the ratio is gonna look like.

FYI, Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush were good with banning AR-15s.

Problem is that over the last 25 years a bunch of bubba idiots have been brainwashed to think the world would end if they couldn't have their death fetish toys any longer.
You simply don't get it counselor. I'll spell it out for you in capital letters. I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FIG ABOUT WHAT WEAPONS you want to go away. Your a lawyer who is suppose to be relatively intelligent. Ban weapons if you think you can make that happen. Please just don't be so naive that you don't understand that sick and depraved people won't find other methods to kill people. That was my objective in stating my opinion. I guess I'm guilty of not dumbing my point down enough for you to understand. I forget, your a lawyer by trade after all, not a whole lot of thinking outside the box in your profession is required.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

So C&S is in favor of banning all assault weapons?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:51 pm So C&S is in favor of banning all assault weapons?
He thinks it can't be done, ignoring that when it has actually been done on a national basis it worked well.

He has said that he thinks the Second Amendment is sacrosanct, thus even trying to regulate access to weapons is a waste of time.

So he tells us that it's also a waste of time because bad people are bad people so they'll do bad things other ways...as if we don't understand his point, he just repeats it, angrily, over and over again.

Brick wall.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:51 pm So C&S is in favor of banning all assault weapons?
Yes.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:15 pm
That seems to be the game plan. You have any solutions don't be afraid to chime in. The only game plan that I am hearing and reading about revolves around the banning of firearms.
I posted my thoughts weeks ago. Apologies for laymen's terms. I'm not a gun owner but have shot friends' and relatives' handguns, rifles, and shotguns throughout my life.

Illegal sale of guns - handgun, rifle, or shotgun - that shoot multiple rounds without depressing trigger at every round. Illegal sale of magazines greater than a certain size. (Ten rounds?)

Thirty day licensing process before a firearm can be purchased/transferred. Only a certain number of firearms and magazines can be purchased within a certain time period.

Only a certain number of rounds can be purchased annually from a retail location unless purchased at and immediately used at a licensed range.

Felons cannot own firearms.

Mandatory ANNUAL registration of all firearms. Each firearm brought to licensing location (local police department?) at time of registration. The public deserves to know where all firearms are and every owner should be responsible for knowing the location of the firearms they've registered. Every. Year.

Every firearm should have a trigger lock. Verified at annual registration.

Voluntary federal firearm buy-back. Googling says there are approximately 20M assault-type weapons in the US. An expensive AR-15 style rifle is approx $3600, as low as $2000. Buy them back for $3000 each. That's $60B well spent. Include handguns for $500 each and everything else between $500 and $3000 and watch how many people sell their weapons to the federal government for Christmas money. Make amnesty part of the buy-back program.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:15 pm
I posted my thoughts weeks ago. Apologies for laymen's terms. I'm not a gun owner but have shot friends' and relatives' handguns, rifles, and shotguns throughout my life.

Illegal sale of guns - handgun, rifle, or shotgun - that shoot multiple rounds without depressing trigger at every round. Illegal sale of magazines greater than a certain size. (Ten rounds?)

Thirty day licensing process before a firearm can be purchased/transferred. Only a certain number of firearms and magazines can be purchased within a certain time period.

Only a certain number of rounds can be purchased annually from a retail location unless purchased at and immediately used at a licensed range.

Felons cannot own firearms.

Mandatory ANNUAL registration of all firearms. The public deserves to know where all firearms are and every owner should be responsible for knowing the location of the firearms they've registered. Every. Year.

Every firearm should have a trigger lock. Verified at annual registration.

Voluntary federal firearm buy-back. Googling says there are approximately 20M assault-type weapons in the US. An expensive AR-15 style rifle is approx $3600, as low as $2000. Buy them back for $3000 each. That's $60B well spent. Include handguns for $500 each and everything else between $500 and $3000 and watch how many people sell their weapons to the federal government for Christmas money. Make amnesty part of the buy-back program.
Shred, or otherwise destroy immediately at point of collection. Otherwise, some genius will sell them into the "black market."

https://shred-tech.com/metal-recycling-shredders/
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”