Rutgers 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Rutgers 2023

Post by jrn19 »

Or they could have won one (1) game against Hopkins, Penn State, or Maryland twice and they’d have been in the tournament. Or just not lost to Ohio State. Just win your games.
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

livelovelax wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:04 pm Rutgers beat four teams that won their conference tournament, Michigan, Utah, Princeton and Marist. And only lost to Army by one with two starters out.

NCAA Tournament needs to expand to 24.
Why? They’ve lost five of their last six games, no one needs to see them lose another. Would be bad television.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

livelovelax wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:04 pm Rutgers beat four teams that won their conference tournament, Michigan, Utah, Princeton and Marist. And only lost to Army by one with two starters out.

All of those teams miss the NCAA tournament if they don't win their conference tournament (including Army).
lorin

Post by lorin »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:25 pm

All of those teams miss the NCAA tournament if they don't win their conference tournament (including Army).
Rutgers your back to normal, Covid and transfers are over,
lorin

Post by lorin »

lorin wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:34 pm

Army had starters out also, cry babies

Post by 1766 »

Who did Army have out?

And no, transfers definitely aren't over. Too bad for you.

You must really hate Georgetown and ND. Better not follow portal activity this year. It's going to be all time.
lorin

Post by lorin »

1766 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:19 pm

Who did Army have out?

And no, transfers definitely aren't over. Too bad for you.

You must really hate Georgetown and ND. Better not follow portal activity this year. It's going to be all time.
Starting attack kid and starting D out for your game, but we just say next man up on team. U guys cry like little school girls about everything, man up u sucked this year own it.

Post by 1766 »

Sounds like you are crying now.

Sucked? We played our worst game and lost to Army by one, beat your Loyola and 4 tournament teams. Considering we made the FF last year, I guess by those standards sure.

Let me know when Army gets that far. Even with all of those unlimited recruits and 5th years. What's the problem there?
The real beast

Post by The real beast »

1766 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:52 pm Sounds like you are crying now.

Sucked? We played our worst game and lost to Army by one, beat your Loyola and 4 tournament teams. Considering we made the FF last year, I guess by those standards sure.

Let me know when Army gets that far. Even with all of those unlimited recruits and 5th years. What's the problem there?
Who are the four tournament teams? Utah, Princeton, Michigan and?
laxguywm

Post by laxguywm »

Marist ?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

i'm not sure why so many trolls come in here to bash rutgers. they're not doing anything any differently then any other d1 team out there.

brecht needs to improve his high school recruiting. he's gotten good players from the portal but needs to get better incoming classes for more then a year's worth of production.

Post by 1766 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:30 am i'm not sure why so many trolls come in here to bash rutgers. they're not doing anything any differently then any other d1 team out there.

brecht needs to improve his high school recruiting. he's gotten good players from the portal but needs to get better incoming classes for more then a year's worth of production.

He has the best HS classes coming in that he has had. The staff is very excited about what is coming. The portal is recruiting though. The same people up in arms about it, *lorin, don't seem to have issues with any other team doing, which is pretty much all of them who can. Zero chance ND or Georgetown are where they are without portal guys. Duke has portal guys. UVa's best middie is a portal guy.

They seems jealous Brecht figured it out the fastest or that their own schools can't do it, like Army. However, Army is stacked with guys who have PG'd and they have zero limitations on scholarship limits. So they have advantages no other schools have outside of other academies. Good for them I say. Question is why can't they get to a final four?

Re: Rutgers 2024

Post by 1766 »

Time to turn the page on 23.

Portal activity is going to be sky high this week. With what is coming back, I'd expect another defenseman to be targeted, an attackman, and both offensive and defensive midfielders.

There are a couple of guys who have decisions to make on the current roster as to whether or not they will use their Covid year. I don't expect all to, or that the staff wants all to, but some will be back. It will be interesting to see who they are.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

And Rutgers is back to be treated like a lower class citizen in the lacrosse world. Now that Michigan is now #8 and Princeton is #10 in the final poll before the NCAA tourney, will Rutgers wins over both teams early in the season, when both were top ten, be reinstated as top ten wins ? I really doubt it. Granted that, in retrospect, if we could have beaten Maryland in the Big tourney, Rutgers would probably be in the tourney. However, up until the last poll, Rutgers , here on Inside lacrosse, was said to have NO TOP TEN WINS. It is ridiculous and Rutgers got screwed once again out of the tourney. Can't wait to hear Rutgers' deniers rationalize what just happened. Maybe Moral Terpitude and livelovelax can explain, lol.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

Top ten wins are the primary factor in determining who gets in the tourney.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

RURICK wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:33 pm

And Rutgers is back to be treated like a lower class citizen in the lacrosse world. Now that Michigan is now #8 and Princeton is #10 in the final poll before the NCAA tourney, will Rutgers wins over both teams early in the season, when both were top ten, be reinstated as top ten wins ? I really doubt it. Granted that, in retrospect, if we could have beaten Maryland in the Big tourney, Rutgers would probably be in the tourney. However, up until the last poll, Rutgers , here on Inside lacrosse, was said to have NO TOP TEN WINS. It is ridiculous and Rutgers got screwed once again out of the tourney. Can't wait to hear Rutgers' deniers rationalize what just happened. Maybe Moral Terpitude and livelovelax can explain, lol.
Top 5, Top 10, Top 20 wins are based on RPI at the end of the season. That goes for all teams, Rutgers is no exception. Rightly or wrongly, that's how it works. Rutgers would have had a better shot had they beaten Maryland, but they generally were not considered to be in the picture based on the criteria as it stands.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

RURICK wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:34 pm Top ten wins are the primary factor in determining who gets in the tourney.
I would love to hear from Lorin, Big Tom 5 , etc. for their response. What a freaking joke.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

1766 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:52 pm Sounds like you are crying now.

Waze took me in the wrong direction and I ended up on the Rutgers thread, not sure why I am here but I did read this and laughed. ( unlimited recruits and 5th years ) as if any one of the young men are going to USMA becuase of lacrosse, they are there for an education and to serve our Country.

Go Army, beat Rutgers.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

RURICK wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:34 pm Top ten wins are the primary factor in determining who gets in the tourney.
Yes and Rutgers had zero. They had four chances (Hop, PSU, MD x2). As rolldodge said, wins are based on RPI, not the media poll. The poll is utterly meaningless when it comes to tournament selection.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:46 pm
Yes and Rutgers had zero. They had four chances (Hop, PSU, MD x2). As rolldodge said, wins are based on RPI, not the media poll. The poll is utterly meaningless when it comes to tournament selection.
No you don’t get it we’re all haters and jerks when we try to explain the system to certain folks. Point in time rankings before season end, selection process, basic balance sheet math, etc.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”