Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by jrn19 »

They have a 5-star FOGO from last years class. No reason to not give him the run. If a shortie popped up they could take one there, that's been a huge key to their tournament success defensively and they've been really strong there in all their runs. Will need reinforcements.

Offensively they've got Millon coming in who probably runs out of the box with Schutz and McIntosh I'd guess. Sunderland in for Dickson. the rest of their gajillion 5-stars can run on 2nd and 3rd lines
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:00 pm
jrn19 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:59 pm Cormier's got another year of eligibility, Schutz is only a sophomore, Shellenberger has another year. They're not losing that much offensively.
Lot's of rumblings that Cormier will forego his COVID year and Shellenberger is undecided as well.
If Cormier goes I imagine they'd plug in Millon at attack. I can't imagine Shellenberger not using it but I certainly won't complain about not having to see him anymore
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

jrn19 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:07 pm
jrn19 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:59 pm Cormier's got another year of eligibility, Schutz is only a sophomore, Shellenberger has another year. They're not losing that much offensively.
Lot's of rumblings that Cormier will forego his COVID year and Shellenberger is undecided as well.
If Cormier goes I imagine they'd plug in Millon at attack. I can't imagine Shellenberger not using it but I certainly won't complain about not having to see him anymore
Ya I expect Shellenberger will return for his 5th year but Cormier leaving would be a big boon. I know they have plenty of young guys but I find it hard to believe whoever gets plugged in will be nearly as good at least in year 1.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Adding Brown's Devon McLane: https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/16 ... 7044610048

Albany: Joey Pezzimenti (A)-> Le Moyne
Binghamton: Dylan Braddock (M), Matthew DeSouza (FO), Thomas Greenblatt (M), Max Napoli (M), Quinn O'Hara (M)
Brown: Matthew Gunty (FO), Griffin King (M), Devon McLane (A)
Bucknell: Daniel Striano (M), Hank Bethel (D)
Colgate: Connor Brook (M), Thomas Colucci (FO), Donny Gayhardt (D), Michael Lia (D)
Cornell: Chayse Ierlan (G)
Dartmouth: Peter Rizzotti (D) -> Rutgers
Delaware: Corbin Minard (FO)
Harvard: Chase Yager (M)
Holy Cross: Jayce Lambert (M), Cameron Magalotti (M), Thomas McIntire (A)
Jacksonville: Ezekiel Lomax (M), Luke Robinson (M), Steven Woolery (M)
Lafayette: Liam DiFonzo (M), JP Robinson (D), James Turco (FO), Ryan Duncan (A)
Lehigh: Caleb Creasor (G)
Loyola: Joey Greco (G)
Marquette: Sean Richard (G)
Maryland: Brian Burlace (LSM), Jackson Marshall (G), Gavin Tygh (FO)
Mercer: Thomas Berry (A)->Le Moyne
Michigan: Jake Bonomi (M)
Navy: Max Silva (LSM)
Notre Dame: Maximus Schalit (D)
Ohio State: Daniel Garone (M)
Princeton: Sam English (M), Jake Stevens (M), Alex Slusher (A), Beau Pederson (SSDM), Alex Vardaro (M), Christian Ronda (A), Griffen Rakower (G), Weston Carpenter (M), Jacob Stoebner (D)
Providence: Justin Bordner (FO)
Robert Morris: Matt Vanaman (A)
Rutgers: Erik Henig (M)
Sacred Heart: Nick Labanca (G)
St. Joe's: Ryan Kemp (A)
UMass: Kevin Lynch (D)
Vermont: Nicholas Alviti (LSM), Tommy Burke (FO) -> Ohio State, Jackson Canfield (D), Stone Jacobs (A), Daniel Manning (D), Timothy Manning (D), Per-Anders Olter (A), Colin Sharkey (M)
Virginia: Daniel Parker (M)
VMI: Tim Lindenbaum (D), Hartley Jordan (M) -> UNC
Wagner: Eli Fisher (M)[/b], Danny Brady (G), Brendan Higgins (LSM)

D2/D3/Other

Bowdoin: Ethan Barnard (FO), Zack Goorno (M)
Christopher Newport: Cambell Pozin (M)
Conn. College: Jack Venturelli (D)
Gettysburg: Zach Puckhaber (D), George Raymond (A)
Hampden-Sydney: Nick Morgan (D) -> UNC
Lenoir-Rhyne: Torin Eccleston (M), Bryce Reece (M)
Salisbury: Zach Timmons (D)
Scranton: Chris Crapanzano (M) -> Albany
Southern Virginia: Carter Bean (M)
Stanford Football: Ricky Meizan (M); Duke Reeder (D)
St. Lawrence: Joe Scarfi (D)
Tufts: Kyle Adelmann (D), Jack Boyden (A)
Washington and Lee: Harris Hubbard (D) -> Rutgers
Wesleyan: Nolan Collins (D), Matthew Gill (A)

Key
* in the portal for 2025 season
# undergraduate Transfer
BOLD = most recent update
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jeremy, where are you hearing this?
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:40 am
The Cormier news I have heard from a few people who are plugged into the college lax world. For Shellenberger I was told he walked for Sr day and while expected to come back hasn't made a decision ( I personally expect him to be back). The shellenberger news was also rumored on the SU board.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:54 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:40 am
The Cormier news I have heard from a few people who are plugged into the college lax world. For Shellenberger I was told he walked for Sr day and while expected to come back hasn't made a decision ( I personally expect him to be back). The shellenberger news was also rumored on the SU board.
thanks. cormier wouldn't surprise me. he's been there 5 years, has been in the portal, is now playing 1 year with his bud from mimico. have thought for a couple years he may not stay thru 2024.

but i doubt what you've heard on shellenberger is true. he took his own redshirt to have the keys longer. uva has been his dream for a long time and seems not only good with it all, but driven to keep improving and making his mark there. virginia basically always does the class you came in with for senior day.

cs at the end:
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

FWIW and he’s not in the portal but quint just said Sam Handley took a job in Los Angeles and will pursue the PLL - doesn’t seem like he’s using that 5th year anywhere.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

I was unaware Cormier had redshirted in ‘19. Thought his first year was 20. In that case him not coming back for next year def makes more sense
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:18 pm FWIW and he’s not in the portal but quint just said Sam Handley took a job in Los Angeles and will pursue the PLL - doesn’t seem like he’s using that 5th year anywhere.
A lot of other Penn players with remaining eligibility,
- BJ Farrarre, Dylan Gergar, possibly James Shipley and Gabe Furey.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Farrare and Gergar are done. Shipley returning. Assuming Furey is as well, but don’t know that.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I understand -
I was just pointing out players who had remaining eligibility, which all those players do.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:46 pm I understand -
I was just pointing out players who had remaining eligibility, which all those players do.
I guess Farrare and Gergar both have their 2021 “redshirt” year. Hard to believe but you are correct.
bar_down

Post by bar_down »

jrn19 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:51 pm I was unaware Cormier had redshirted in ‘19. Thought his first year was 20. In that case him not coming back for next year def makes more sense
It’s a medical redshirt. He tore his ACL and missed his entire freshman season.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

He still has another year if he wants it. But 5 years in school is probably enough for him I'd guess. Again, I thought 2020 was his first year in the program and 2024 would have been his 5th
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I’m still wondering how many Ivies enter the portal,
they’ll have to sift through the 2020, 2021 wreckage and then decide if they want to enter the real world or do another year (two) of graduate school.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:04 am I’m still wondering how many Ivies enter the portal,
they’ll have to sift through the 2020, 2021 wreckage and then decide if they want to enter the real world or do another year (two) of graduate school.
Those are the kids who also have some of the beat post college options as alternatives.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jrn19 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:06 pm They have a 5-star FOGO from last years class. No reason to not give him the run. If a shortie popped up they could take one there, that's been a huge key to their tournament success defensively and they've been really strong there in all their runs. Will need reinforcements.

Offensively they've got Millon coming in who probably runs out of the box with Schutz and McIntosh I'd guess. Sunderland in for Dickson. the rest of their gajillion 5-stars can run on 2nd and 3rd lines
The Millon kid hasn't played much or at all this year for McDonogh. Whatever injury is working on him, it obviously wasn't minor.
Finster

Post by Finster »

jrn19 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:24 am He still has another year if he wants it. But 5 years in school is probably enough for him I'd guess. Again, I thought 2020 was his first year in the program and 2024 would have been his 5th

As a college junior, my eyes were already on the door; I wanted so badly to go start earning money.

As a near 50 year old, every day I wish I could just play one more game again.

Life is so cruel. 😩
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Finster wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:53 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:24 am He still has another year if he wants it. But 5 years in school is probably enough for him I'd guess. Again, I thought 2020 was his first year in the program and 2024 would have been his 5th

As a college junior, my eyes were already on the door; I wanted so badly to go start earning money.

As a near 50 year old, every day I wish I could just play one more game again.

Life is so cruel. 😩
True, but the world has changed somewhat though. I think there's less need to be in a hurry these days. But maybe I think that just because I'm old.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”