Notre Dame 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
PulpExposure

Re: Notre Dame 2023

Post by PulpExposure »

Finster wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:29 am Maybe I caught the Kavanaugh brothers in a game where they had food poisoning the previous night.

But that would not excuse their lackluster efforts regardless. I’ve never seen two players so heralded exert so little effort in a major game. I took photos for someone close to the program to show where these two were every time UVA had the ball on the offensive end.
No, you're just wrong. They're the hardest riding, hardest playing attackmen that have ever lived. They're just TOUGH and never give up and...blah blah blah.

According to Carc and Quint of course. They also may walk on water, but not sure if we're there quite yet. If they win a national championship, though, they'll be turning water into wine....
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

Finster wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:47 am
Hoxwurth wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:39 am
Finster wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:29 am Compounding problems, their third attackman, Taylor, taunts Nunes after a goal; c’mon dude, act like you’ve been here. Just amateur hour from ND.

. . .

Either get at it, or quit. Let players who want to hustle play. Corrigan didn’t seize any opportunity yesterday to teach a lesson to his team, and so the culture is weakened.

Pathetic.
In a game where UVA didn't shoot particularly well, Nunes stole a number of goals. Normally, if UVA misses that many shots, ND wins. Just wasn't there day.

The ND taunting was far more than that goal. Haven't seen a team talk that much trash since 2019 UNC. As some of you may remember, that UNC team had a real chance to win the championship.

No one should ever taunt, but if you’re going to be ‘that team’, you better back it up and win. Otherwise you look like classless chumps.

It doesn’t take many kids to wreck a teams rep. Kevin should’ve made some healthy decisions yesterday to reset the team culture. He missed the opportunity.
after that game in South Bend when the Kavanaugh bros were engaged in cheap shots against UVA in the last 30 seconds I lost a ton of respect. These brothers are raved about as though they are the savior of the sport. All I see are entitled kids with little hustle and a penchant to sucker punch an opposing player with 20 seconds to go in a game.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

rasheed wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:19 am
Finster wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:29 am Compounding problems, their third attackman, Taylor, taunts Nunes after a goal; c’mon dude, act like you’ve been here. Just amateur hour from ND.

. . .

Either get at it, or quit. Let players who want to hustle play. Corrigan didn’t seize any opportunity yesterday to teach a lesson to his team, and so the culture is weakened.

Pathetic.
In a game where UVA didn't shoot particularly well, Nunes stole a number of goals. Normally, if UVA misses that many shots, ND wins. Just wasn't there day.

The ND taunting was far more than that goal. Haven't seen a team talk that much trash since 2019 UNC. As some of you may remember, that UNC team had a real chance to win the championship.

No one should ever taunt, but if you’re going to be ‘that team’, you better back it up and win. Otherwise you look like classless chumps.

It doesn’t take many kids to wreck a teams rep. Kevin should’ve made some healthy decisions yesterday to reset the team culture. He missed the opportunity.
after that game in South Bend when the Kavanaugh bros were engaged in cheap shots against UVA in the last 30 seconds I lost a ton of respect. These brothers are raved about as though they are the savior of the sport. All I see are entitled kids with little hustle and a penchant to sucker punch an opposing player with 20 seconds to go in a game.
"Little hustle"? I'm not a Kbro fan but... little hustle?
Finster

Post by Finster »

rasheed wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:19 am

. . .

Pathetic.

I’ve never paid too much attention to 51 or 50 (or Notre Dame, though I’ve seen them twice this year), but I have to admit I was dumbfounded by the total lack of effort Sunday from both.

When 51 walked to his bench to grab a water, while the ball was in play at the other end, my group was speechless. Don’t forget this was a televised game with frequent enough tv timeouts; if you can’t suck it up for eight minutes, you probably shouldn’t be out there. I’m sure Notre Dame has quality backup attack willing to exert themselves. But walking to your bench to grab a drink when the ball can quickly come back to your end is a crime imo. Bench a kid immediately and see how the replacement does.

Then, then not running for out of bound balls. Standing around in no man’s land when the ball is on the other end. Standing around while the midfield does all the work. Just an atrocious display of effort and hustle.

Since I was there, obviously I didn’t hear the broadcast. I’m hoping (against hope) they weren’t extolling the virtues of 51 and 50? That would be a further crime imo.

As much as I blame the kids for being selfish and unmotivated, really it falls on the coach to correct bad culture. If he doesn’t correct attitude, it only gets worse. This falls on Corrigan.

I really hope they read these posts. I’m just a fan of the game. I wasn’t rooting for UVA or ND, or for or against 51 and 50. But nothing, and I swear nothing, hacks me off more than lack of effort. It’s a cancerous rot on a team culture, and by extension every youngster following the sport and team (‘if he does it, so can I’). Get it together, ND.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”