ODAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Hardhat

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by Hardhat »

Brain wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:38 am Shenandoahlaxdad any predictions for Noke vs RMC?
Macon by 2
Hardhat

Post by Hardhat »

Shenandoah vs Bridgewater play in game today showed Shenandoah has some guys definitely deserving of some all odac spots
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Brain wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:38 am Shenandoahlaxdad any predictions for Noke vs RMC?
Roanoke
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

From what a lot of you have said already and trying to fill in some positions based on stats...

Debate and rearrange !

1st
A- Pokorny / W&L
A- O'Brien / HSC
A- Burns / W&L
A- L Kammerman / Roanoke
M- Mitchell / Lynchburg
M- Thompson / HSC
M- Rust / Lynchburg
M- Allen / W&L
FO- Bou W&L
LSM- Lackey / W&L
SS- Cohen / W&L
D- Morgan / HSC
D- Marindin / Lynchburg
D- Hubbard / W&L
D- Zingo / Lynchburg
G- Hadley / Lynchburg

2nd
A- Martel / Bridgewater
A- Hastings / Lynchburg
A- Smith / RMC
A- Whitlow / Roanoke
M- Clingerman / Shenandoah
M- Saunders / HSC
M- Wolfe / Lynchburg
M- Tankersley / RMC
FO- Alexander / Bridgewater
LSM- Darminio / Lynchburg
SS- Cohen / W&L
D- Fechter / HSC
D- Hammond / Roanoke
D- Heald / W&L
D- Harry / HSC
G- Perry / HSC

3rd
A- McLean / Bridgewater
A- Leone / HSC
A- Payne / RMC
A- Schmidt / Lynchburg
M- Docking / Roanoke
M- Hanes / HSC
M- Goad / HSC
M- Elliott / W&L
FO- Kraus / Lynchburg
LSM- Kilfeather / HSC
SS- Nestor / Lynchburg
D- Addison / Bridgewater
D- Hauser / RMC
D- Goodman / RMC
D- Barringer / W&L
G- Seeds / W&L

I think that the O-Middies in the ODAC are a little down this year. But we have talked about how strong the SSDMs are on a lot of teams, would love to see some of them get regular M attention in these awards. We have talked about Cohen, Weis, Nestor. There are at least three more deserving of recognition, listed alphabetically below: (maybe the ODAC and country should recognize 2 SSDM on each team)

Beatty W&L (FR) :

17 Games 6G/3A 51GB, 8 TO, 3CT, 33% SH (2nd most GB among players who have not taken FO (Darminio #1))

Duffy HSC (JR) :

13 Games 4G/3A 24GB, 4 TO, 11 CT, 67% SH (more CT than all but Weis on the list from SSDM)

Foti RMC (SR) :

17 Games 12G/5A 38GB, 8 TO, 8CT, 40% SH (scored 3 against Lynchburg, 2 against HSC)
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

I’d take Beatty over Cohen in a big spot watching him all year. Plays the angles better when inverted. Either way both are deserving of 1&2 as Ssdm.
droliver

Post by droliver »

camskidamski,

you do realize the absurdity of having 12 W&L & 11 Lynchburg , 11 HSC players on your all conference teams? The talent is not that asymmetrically distributed in the ODAC
FOGO4LYFE

Post by FOGO4LYFE »

A little off topic but,
I have been following the ODAC for decades now, and let me tell you something, the synergy of this W&L team is something special. Now you may say I am being cheesy, but anchored by Ryan Aljader, these boys would do anything for each other. In addition, these guys play with a chip on their shoulders I haven't seen from the generals in years. Some old pals of mine connected to the program let me know that they have got a number of unsung heroes on the bench that contribute to their energy and success: Jack Todd, Nick Garcia, Sam Mannino, and Mikey Ott. Obviously, there are more contributors to W&L's success, but these boys deserve their flowers for keeping spirits high throughout their turbulent season. The Generals have endured ups and downs, but as we enter tournament play, I urge everyone to watch their sidelines. These boys root for each other like nothing I have ever seen. Who knows what is in store for these boys. But keep an eye out because I feel it may be something special.
I'll tell you that this game vs. HSC will be a great one. Both teams are so electric, just like a golfball hit downwind once they get going they cant be stopped :D :D
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

droliver wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 2:37 pm camskidamski,

you do realize the absurdity of having 12 W&L & 11 Lynchburg , 11 HSC players on your all conference teams? The talent is not that asymmetrically distributed in the ODAC
I do realize that...some of these are not correct as they stand. Here is a better list:

1st
A- Pokorny / W&L
A- O'Brien / HSC
A- Burns / W&L
A- L Kammerman / Roanoke
M- Mitchell / Lynchburg
M- Thompson / HSC
M- Rust / Lynchburg
M- Allen / W&L
FO- Bou W&L
LSM- Lackey / W&L
SS- Weis / HSC
D- Morgan / HSC
D- Marindin / Lynchburg
D- Hubbard / W&L
D- Zingo / Lynchburg
G- Hadley / Lynchburg

2nd
A- Martel / Bridgewater
A- Hastings / Lynchburg
A- Smith / RMC
A- Whitlow / Roanoke
M- Clingerman / Shenandoah
M- Saunders / HSC
M- Wolfe / Lynchburg
M- Tankersley / RMC
FO- Alexander / Bridgewater
LSM- Darminio / Lynchburg
SS- Cohen / W&L
D- Fechter / HSC
D- Hammond / Roanoke
D- Heald / W&L
D- Harry / HSC
G- Perry / HSC

3rd
A- McLean / Bridgewater
A- Leone / HSC
A- Payne / RMC
A- Schmidt / Lynchburg
M- Docking / Roanoke
M- Hanes / HSC
M- Goad / Roanoke
M- Elliott / W&L
FO- Kraus / Lynchburg
LSM- Kilfeather / HSC
SS- Nestor / Lynchburg
D- Addison / Bridgewater
D- Hauser / RMC
D- Goodman / RMC
D- Barringer / W&L
G- Seeds / W&L

I think that the O-Middies in the ODAC are a little down this year. But we have talked about how strong the SSDMs are on a lot of teams, would love to see some of them get regular M attention in these awards. We have talked about Cohen, Weis, Nestor. There are at least three more deserving of recognition, listed alphabetically below: (maybe the ODAC and country should recognize 2 SSDM on each team)

Beatty W&L (FR) :

17 Games 6G/3A 51GB, 8 TO, 3CT, 33% SH (2nd most GB among players who have not taken FO (Darminio #1))

Duffy HSC (JR) :

13 Games 4G/3A 24GB, 4 TO, 11 CT, 67% SH (more CT than all but Weis on the list from SSDM)

Foti RMC (SR) :

17 Games 12G/5A 38GB, 8 TO, 8CT, 40% SH (scored 3 against Lynchburg, 2 against HSC)

~
~~
~~~

But to address your point, I am not sure that it is entirely "absurd" as you say... the top teams get the benefit of having their guys recognized on these lists more often than not, and while there are good players on all teams, the talent is quite "asymmetrically" distributed, given the fact that there is a de facto top and bottom half of the conference. That said, I only put this up to spark conversation, fill in and change where you see fit!
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Hastings may deserve 1st team over O’Brien.
Points totals are stacked against weaker teams. Coach K doesn’t allow his starters to pad (like 10 points against the weakest team in ODAC… )
So I looked at the big 4 head to head
Pokoney: 5G, 8A, 3 GBs,
Kammerman: 6G, 7A, 5Gbs,
Hastings: 6G, 5a, 6GB’s
O’Brien: 7G, 1A, 5Gb’s

Hastings / O’Brien Saturday
Hasting had 4/2 and 3 GB’s vs O’Brien’s 0/0 2 GBs.

The focus at LYN is that 3peat..
bmorelaxer

Post by bmorelaxer »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:58 pm Hastings may deserve 1st team over O’Brien.
Points totals are stacked against weaker teams. Coach K doesn’t allow his starters to pad (like 10 points against the weakest team in ODAC… )

Lol... spoken like someone who doesn't understand how lacrosse and match-ups work. O'Brien has drawn the opposing teams best defender almost every game this season. Those have included first team all-ODAC and first team all-american caliber players. Unlike O'Brien, Hastings has benefitted from drawing the teams second or third best pole, depending on if teams put their #1 and #2 on Mitchell and Rust. Often times these 2nd and 3rd poles are a drop off from a teams #1 guy. Certainly not knocking the ability of Hastings as I believe he is a top 10 attackmen in the conference, just have to acknowledge that he's had easier matchup more often then not, especially in ODAC play.
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

I''l take RMC. I think they're playing well right now. I believe that whoever wins will end up losing the next round.
Hardhat

Post by Hardhat »

Bridgewater having 4 guys in some of these All ODAC polls while a team that handily beat them in the ODAC play in game has 1. That doesn’t seem weird to anyone? Shenandoah has had ton of injuries but when playing Tyler Held and Logan Clingerman have been unstoppable on offense, also Bobby Harvey on defense has been taking number 1 matchups all season (6 games misses) and held BC Connor McLean to 0g in the playoff game. The biggest snub of all has to be the goal keeper for Shenandoah though. Mark Isabelle has a 53% save percentage on the season and 52% in the ODAC and had 29 saves against W&L while being shelled.

I don’t think these guys should take spots from the top teams but they definitely should from Bridgewater
elitelax4596

Post by elitelax4596 »

Hardhat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:40 pm Bridgewater having 4 guys in some of these All ODAC polls while a team that handily beat them in the ODAC play in game has 1. That doesn’t seem weird to anyone? Shenandoah has had ton of injuries but when playing Tyler Held and Logan Clingerman have been unstoppable on offense, also Bobby Harvey on defense has been taking number 1 matchups all season (6 games misses) and held BC Connor McLean to 0g in the playoff game. The biggest snub of all has to be the goal keeper for Shenandoah though. Mark Isabelle has a 53% save percentage on the season and 52% in the ODAC and had 29 saves against W&L while being shelled.

I don’t think these guys should take spots from the top teams but they definitely should from Bridgewater
‘Unstoppable on offense’ is a very interesting choice of words to describe Shenandoah….
baltlax25

Post by baltlax25 »

It is quite obvious that some of you posting their all ODAC predictions are only watching their respective teams play. There are different goals and types of play for each team. Some starters only play a quarter or half based on opponent and score which skew the stats. Some positions are played differently based on team game plans. Hopefully, the coaches are voting on these teams based on their hours of film work and game plans for and against certain players each week.
Sillywomen

Post by Sillywomen »

electric game tonight macon vs noke.. My money is on macon... Excited for the BIG match-up with LYN... Thoughts ??
Nothinbutthelax

Good game and good season RMC. Athletic and matched up well w/ LYN. Was hoping for rematch.
I don’t expect LYN to let down again vs. NOKE and get starters out in 4th. They will need to be 100% for W&L.
diehardjaspersguy

Post by diehardjaspersguy »

elitelax4596 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:05 am
Hardhat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:40 pm Bridgewater having 4 guys in some of these All ODAC polls while a team that handily beat them in the ODAC play in game has 1. That doesn’t seem weird to anyone? Shenandoah has had ton of injuries but when playing Tyler Held and Logan Clingerman have been unstoppable on offense, also Bobby Harvey on defense has been taking number 1 matchups all season (6 games misses) and held BC Connor McLean to 0g in the playoff game. The biggest snub of all has to be the goal keeper for Shenandoah though. Mark Isabelle has a 53% save percentage on the season and 52% in the ODAC and had 29 saves against W&L while being shelled.

‘Unstoppable on offense’ is a very interesting choice of words to describe Shenandoah….
I agree, very stoppable
22-8

wow
weisdolph

Post by weisdolph »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:57 pm Good game and good season RMC. Athletic and matched up well w/ LYN. Was hoping for rematch.
I don’t expect LYN to let down again vs. NOKE and get starters out in 4th. They will need to be 100% for W&L.
Has W&L already beaten HSC? Did I miss something?
Nothinbutthelax

weisdolph wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:55 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:57 pm Good game and good season RMC. Athletic and matched up well w/ LYN. Was hoping for rematch.
Has W&L already beaten HSC? Did I miss something?
Just my prediction. HSC has W&L’s # and is at home but W&L will win by 6.
Nothinbutthelax

bmorelaxer wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:04 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:58 pm Hastings may deserve 1st team over O’Brien.

Lol... spoken like someone who doesn't understand how lacrosse and match-ups work. O'Brien has drawn the opposing teams best defender almost every game this season. Those have included first team all-ODAC and first team all-american caliber players. Unlike O'Brien, Hastings has benefitted from drawing the teams second or third best pole, depending on if teams put their #1 and #2 on Mitchell and Rust. Often times these 2nd and 3rd poles are a drop off from a teams #1 guy. Certainly not knocking the ability of Hastings as I believe he is a top 10 attackmen in the conference, just have to acknowledge that he's had easier matchup more often then not, especially in ODAC play.
Acknowledged.
Game plan begins with addressing O’Brien.
O’Brien.
Vs. 5 ranked opponents 8 points supports your point but not compelling #’s. A Jude Brown type who would bloom with better supporting cast..

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”