ACC Final -- BC v. UNC High Noon Sunday

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Seacoaster(1)

ACC Final -- BC v. UNC High Noon Sunday

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This should be a very good game. So let me jinx BC right now, and say BC wins 15-13. BC has a better and more versatile defense than Syracuse, and is playing with championship level confidence.
wlaxphan20

Re: ACC Final -- BC v. UNC High Noon Sunday

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:34 am This should be a very good game. So let me jinx BC right now, and say BC wins 15-13. BC has a better and more versatile defense than Syracuse, and is playing with championship level confidence.
Was thinking something similar. In this game I think BC makes fewer mistakes, plays a more complete game, and takes better shots. BC just seems a little more polished, I’ll take them by 2-3, but am ready for anything to happen.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:34 am This should be a very good game. So let me jinx BC right now, and say BC wins 15-13. BC has a better and more versatile defense than Syracuse, and is playing with championship level confidence.
Did I miss something is cuse playing again?
UNC has the better D over BC and is faster . Draw will be Intersting as BC uses 1 draw person usually and UNC a few . It’s all about finishing shots and lately BC hasn’t been great. Iill give the edge to UNC by 2
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:42 am
UNC has the better D over BC and is faster . Draw will be Intersting as BC uses 1 draw person usually and UNC a few . It’s all about finishing shots and lately BC hasn’t been great. Iill give the edge to UNC by 2
You missed something.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:03 am
Madlax59 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:42 am
You missed something.
wouldn't be the first time lol
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

BC has to be due for a win vs UNC..right? They get nervous when they have to play UNC. They need to settle down and just play their game. They have comparable talent. Although BC has strung together some good wins they haven't looked impressive in them except for that stretch where they came back vs CUSE. UNC has shown a habit of playing down to their competition this year but their ceiling remains extremely high. coin toss.

ACC teams have just been brutally beating on eachother. There's no other team in the NCAA field other than NW that's better than the top 3 ACC teams. For that reason i think the National Champion will either be NW or one of the three ACC teams.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, Denver beat BC so they might quibble with you.

UNC has had Boston’s number for quite some time now with the exception of one (very important) game two years ago. Of course, tomorrow’s matchup is next to meaningless compared to a game between them in the NCAA tournament. Nevertheless, it should be an entertaining game to watch.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:42 pm Well, Denver beat BC so they might quibble with you.

UNC has had Boston’s number for quite some time now with the exception of one (very important) game two years ago. Of course, tomorrow’s matchup is next to meaningless compared to a game between them in the NCAA tournament. Nevertheless, it should be an entertaining game to watch.
I don’t know if I would say meaningless between these two teams . AWW has been denied a win since she got to BC and she def wants to win the ACC championship. I’m sure levy wants to continue the winning streak as well.
Puck Swami

Post by Puck Swami »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:35 pm There's no other team in the NCAA field other than NW that's better than the top 3 ACC teams. For that reason i think the National Champion will either be NW or one of the three ACC teams.
This Denver fan is indeed quibbling. The Pioneers already thumped BC 13-8 on a neutral field this season, have been perfect on the season so far at 17-0, and have the best statistical defense in the country. The Pioneers may not have final four experience yet, but watch out...
njbill

Post by njbill »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:40 am
njbill wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:42 pm Well, Denver beat BC so they might quibble with you.

I don’t know if I would say meaningless between these two teams . AWW has been denied a win since she got to BC and she def wants to win the ACC championship. I’m sure levy wants to continue the winning streak as well.
Fair enough.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

An ACC team will not win it this year..predicting Northwestern, Denver or JMU
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:08 am

Fair enough.
Carolina D looks very good! Faster and making BC a little rattled
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:12 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:08 am

Fair enough.
Carolina D looks very good! Faster and making BC a little rattled
Did not remember to factor in the rain as an equalizer.

UNC with another hot start, keeping it simple & effective.

Davis is fun to watch.
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

They have GOT to fix the replay rules. Maybe a 2 minute max stoppage. That was 5 minutes. Too easy to change the channel…
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

terrible non-call. Playing defense w/o a stick?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

They have to change the rule on fouls below GLE. Clock should stop so offense can get to the dot and defense can go behind.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Big Dog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:03 pm terrible non-call. Playing defense w/o a stick?
big miss by the interviewer of Jenny Levy right after half. As Levy prattled on about enforcing teh rules, the announcer should have asked Levy about her own player playing defense on the shooter without her stick.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Big Dog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:20 pm
Big Dog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:03 pm terrible non-call. Playing defense w/o a stick?
big miss by the interviewer of Jenny Levy right after half. As Levy prattled on about enforcing teh rules, the announcer should have asked Levy about her own player playing defense on the shooter without her stick.
She would probably just repeat herself?..
truster49

Post by truster49 »

Hunter Roman is just unbelievable. Reads the ball so well
DMac

Post by DMac »

truster49 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:50 pm Hunter Roman is just unbelievable. Reads the ball so well
+1, fantastic play, leads to a now even game at 9.
Great game living up to it's billing.
Ooops, 10-9 BC now.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”