Notre Dame
9%
Duke
48%

Total votes: 58

Mr3Putt

Re: ACC 2019

Post by Mr3Putt »

molo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:38 pm Heels need to win tonight to keep going. Cuse should get a first round home game regardless of what they do tonight, but a win tonight could be the first step towards a top four seed.
Ok so they beat Duke outside @ local HS. What am I missing? EIGHT home games. Bad loss vs Colgate . Bottom line this league is not all that !
molo

Post by molo »

This loss gives them a rest with a likely top right seed. Had they won tonight, they could have picked up one or two quality wins. Whoever wins the ACC should pick up a top four seed. Congrats to the Heels on a back-to-the-wall win, but don’t shed a tear for the Cuse, who remain alive and well.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

Mr3Putt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:20 pm
molo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:38 pm Heels need to win tonight to keep going. Cuse should get a first round home game regardless of what they do tonight, but a win tonight could be the first step towards a top four seed.
Ok so they beat Duke outside @ local HS. What am I missing? EIGHT home games. Bad loss vs Colgate . Bottom line this league is not all that !
They lost to Colgate almost 3 months ago. Some teams do improve through the course of a season no?
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

I can't remember the last time I saw a more forgettable 3 and 1/2 quarters. What an absolute $#@%show full of wacky plays, wacky calls, and seemingly zero momentum for either team for nearly the entire game. Did this game even happen? I don't know, but I'll take it. You could tell from the second quarter that if Cuse didn't blow off the doors out of half time, it was going to end exactly as a it did. Funny stuff. Always good to see Breschi happy.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

I don't see the ACC getting all 5 teams in so...

Not being snarky, just genuinely curious:

If UNC wins the no-AQ tourney, who do they leap-frog or do they still get left out? If they could face/beat ND I could see ND getting left out but UVA, Duke & Cuse appear to be locks for Top 8 seeds
calourie

Post by calourie »

Cuse loss to UNC puts them on the border of a top eight seed. Need some things to go their way to be safely in that position.
Boxster54

Post by Boxster54 »

I think if Carolina beats the Cavs and Duke beats ND tomorrow, then the Heels have a better chance to make the NCAA over ND regardless if they win or lose in the ACC finals. (If they beat Duke again for the championship they are a definite in) The Heels would have quality wins over Duke, Syracuse and UVA while ND would have quality wins over Maryland and Syracuse. The Denver win might not be as valuable depending on what happens in their tournament, however, they did beat Carolina head to head. I doubt all 5 ACC teams make the tournament, but Carolina is now in the same position they were in 2017 when they won two big games and made the tournament, so it can be done again.
walker

Post by walker »

Lost to UVA by 1 and ND by 2 in regular season. Of course it can be done. The only bad loss was MD. The rest were competitive. We’ve solidified our goalie and the “baby heels” are just hitting their stride. I love the UNC pile on all season - that attitude made 2016 that much more sweet. The Heels can beat any and all of the remaining 3 ACC opponents. Let’s just play the game and see.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

walker wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:12 pm Lost to UVA by 1 and ND by 2 in regular season. Of course it can be done. The only bad loss was MD. The rest were competitive. We’ve solidified our goalie and the “baby heels” are just hitting their stride. I love the UNC pile on all season - that attitude made 2016 that much more sweet. The Heels can beat any and all of the remaining 3 ACC opponents. Let’s just play the game and see.
What pile on? UNC has been an average team this year that racked up wins playing Mercer, Furman, Marist etc. But looks like they could benefit from the fact that the ACC even has a tournament, and now lets in the 5th team who just so happens to get to play at home against teams that already beat them.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Explain this one, folks/someone. Virginia has the ball, the ball ends up on the ground and is rolling toward the midfield line, Carolina D man comes up with the ball briefly and goes over the midfield line only to lose it back to Va. Va brings it back over the line but only has 16 seconds left on the shot clock. How can that be? It's either over and back or it's a new shot clock because NC had possession. Looked like a mighty crazy call to me.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Wow -- UVA subbing in Burkinshaw in goal in the second half with the score 6-6.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:20 pm Wow -- UVA subbing in Burkinshaw in goal in the second half with the score 6-6.
Whatever Tiffany was looking for, he doesn't seem to be finding it so far -- NC on a four-goal run and up 10-6. Announcers are criticizing it on the grounds of (a) morale -- timing of putting his name in the transfer portal; and (b) tactical wisdom. I've already said I don't put a lot of stock in reason (a) (although I know others strongly disagree) but I generally think you have to be really careful with mid-game goalie changes. UVA is great at coming from behind but if they don't pull out the "W" I think there will be a ton of second-guessing of this decision (that goes beyond lax fanatics on a forum).
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:29 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:20 pm Wow -- UVA subbing in Burkinshaw in goal in the second half with the score 6-6.
Whatever Tiffany was looking for, he doesn't seem to be finding it so far -- NC on a four-goal run and up 10-6. Announcers are criticizing it on the grounds of (a) morale -- timing of putting his name in the transfer portal; and (b) tactical wisdom. I've already said I don't put a lot of stock in reason (a) (although I know others strongly disagree) but I generally think you have to be really careful with mid-game goalie changes. UVA is great at coming from behind but if they don't pull out the "W" I think there will be a ton of second-guessing of this decision (that goes beyond lax fanatics on a forum).
Debate postponed to another occasion.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Whitman, Dickinson, Cassat, Stevens, Remington.....this game....These are things that give me hope. What a game. These are young men who showed tremendous passion, focus, skill, and cunning. It didn't end the way I wanted, because Heels gotta get in! Tremendous stuff.

If you don't like Rowlett you have no imagination. The kid has never been a headhunter. Annoying and obnoxious, yes. But everything he does is an investment.

That's it. Chapel Hill, 75 degrees, new stadium, UNC v UVA. What else is there?????????? Glory.
molo

Post by molo »

Someone just got a break if this knocks the Heels out of the NCAAT.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

HowieT3 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:52 pm
The Orfling wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:29 pm
Debate postponed to another occasion.
Congrats to UVA — another in a series of great comebacks this year. And Burkinshaw had some nice saves down the stretch.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”