NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SteelEngine88

Re: NESCAC

Post by SteelEngine88 »

Do we think Tarnow is still the problem? Or do we think the Trinity players have finally reached their potenital? In my opinion the team has found their stride and looks poised to win out. The Amherst game will be tough for them but I feel like they have the steam to pull it off. What do you guys think will be their final seeding in the NESCAC playoffs?
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

charliefayispredator wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:56 am
Garbagetime wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:42 pm Predictions for tmrow?
Wes 18-14 (Jumbos throw a game so they don't go into RIT undefeated)

Midd 17-8 (Colby = the cure for special teams woes)

Hamilton 16-10 (Has Trin ever won B2B conference games?)

Amherst 15-13 (Williams is a very solid team that has been singlehandedly derailed by its performance at the X (or lack thereof))

Conn 9-7 (who cares)

Bowdoin not playing lacrosse this weekend in solidarity with their Tennessee state representative.
Love the Tennessee State Representative reference. With today’s technology you can be a respectable college student one day and a radical a**hat years later. Thank you Bowdoin for giving this young man an opportunity to attain academic excellence on someone else’s dime. Shame on him for using this opportunity to become a clueless prop. As my father told me year’s ago, “the beauty of the First Amendment is that it allows people to demonstrate what imbeciles they are”.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Tigerlax70 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:01 pm Love the Tennessee State Representative reference. With today’s technology you can be a respectable college student one day and a radical a**hat years later. Thank you Bowdoin for giving this young man an opportunity to attain academic excellence on someone else’s dime. Shame on him for using this opportunity to become a clueless prop. As my father told me year’s ago, “the beauty of the First Amendment is that it allows people to demonstrate what imbeciles they are”.
Well, that's ironic ...
ergit

Post by ergit »

Tigerlax70 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:01 pm
charliefayispredator wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:56 am
Garbagetime wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:42 pm Predictions for tmrow?
Wes 18-14 (Jumbos throw a game so they don't go into RIT undefeated)

Midd 17-8 (Colby = the cure for special teams woes)

Hamilton 16-10 (Has Trin ever won B2B conference games?)

Amherst 15-13 (Williams is a very solid team that has been singlehandedly derailed by its performance at the X (or lack thereof))

Conn 9-7 (who cares)

Bowdoin not playing lacrosse this weekend in solidarity with their Tennessee state representative.
Love the Tennessee State Representative reference. With today’s technology you can be a respectable college student one day and a radical a**hat years later. Thank you Bowdoin for giving this young man an opportunity to attain academic excellence on someone else’s dime. Shame on him for using this opportunity to become a clueless prop. As my father told me year’s ago, “the beauty of the First Amendment is that it allows people to demonstrate what imbeciles they are”.
What a stupid thing to say.
Let’s just stick to lacrosse…
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Does anyone know if there is a way to replay the games posted on NSN’s archive? I missed Tufts/Wes yesterday, but cannot replay unless I subscribe to their pay service.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Pretty solid win for Middlebury. Babson is a good team, and playing on back-to-back days has to be tough.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

ah23 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:51 pm Pretty solid win for Middlebury. Babson is a good team, and playing on back-to-back days has to be tough.
A good dress rehearsal for b2b Ncaa games.
DaFuqDude

Post by DaFuqDude »

Sooooo..... is it Crazy to say that Dave Campbell is up for COY in 2023?

Program has seemed to take a big step forward with a roster full of first and second year players who are making huge impacts for the team.

Obviously have to give D'Annolfo a nod in this race. Currently commands an undefeated #1 team in the country so hard not to acknowledge that but there seems to be Tufts fatigue when it comes to COY.

DarkHorse: Also this forums favorite coach out of Hartford has a team with no senior leadership and playing confident ball.
Laxdad457

Post by Laxdad457 »

You can call me a loser, but I made the 8 hour drive for Colby’s game against Thomas tonight. Seems really productive for the mules to play a sub high school level team and beat them 26-0. Looks like skinny GVA might be back!
Dinah

Post by Dinah »

Skipping the rationale and just throwing out some score predictions for the day:

Midd @ Amherst: 8-6 Amherst at the half, 15-13 Midd final
Ham @ Tufts: 22-12 Jumbos
Williams @ Wes: 14-11 Cards
Conn @ Bowdoin: 12-11 Conn 👀
Colby @ Trinity: 15-11 Trin
smoova

Post by smoova »

Dinah wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:54 am Skipping the rationale and just throwing out some score predictions for the day:

I like these numbers - especially the opportunity for Conn to upset Bowdoin.

My gut says Amherst is primed for a bounce-back game, but my head says Midd's strong momentum keeps rolling.

Wes and Williams are such a strange animals this season - I could make a case for either one winning by >3.
Dinah

Post by Dinah »

smoova wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:10 am
Dinah wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:54 am Skipping the rationale and just throwing out some score predictions for the day:

I like these numbers - especially the opportunity for Conn to upset Bowdoin.

My gut says Amherst is primed for a bounce-back game, but my head says Midd's strong momentum keeps rolling.

Wes and Williams are such a strange animals this season - I could make a case for either one winning by >3.
Agreed.. Wes/Williams is a total toss up, no score would surprise me.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

As expected, tremendous game in the birdcage, Williams hold on 10-9. Not sure how many bids NESCAC is looking at, Tufts and Midd are locks, but with wins over Amherst, Wes, Bowdoin, Babson and MIT, Ephs have a pretty impressive slate for consideration. Of course they lost to Conn and Hamilton and could easily lose a rematch to any of those NESCAC teams so at large hopes probably hinge on CaC tourney. I don’t know if Amherst had the wins, really only Bowdoin and York as top wins. This isn’t looking at actual regional ranked wins, just gestalt.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:09 pm As expected, tremendous game in the birdcage, Williams hold on 10-9. Not sure how many bids NESCAC is looking at, Tufts and Midd are locks, but with wins over Amherst, Wes, Bowdoin, Babson and MIT, Ephs have a pretty impressive slate for consideration. Of course they lost to Conn and Hamilton and could easily lose a rematch to any of those NESCAC teams so at large hopes probably hinge on CaC tourney. I don’t know if Amherst had the wins, really only Bowdoin and York as top wins. This isn’t looking at actual regional ranked wins, just gestalt.
IMO, Bear, Ephs, Jeffs all finish at 6-4 in conference and the winner of the 4v5 game in Nescac round 1 is in.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Looks like Tufts gets home field in the NESCAC tournament given the tie-breakers. Right now they have home field throughout the playoffs based on regional ranking. What happens if they beat Bowdoin and lose in the NESCAC tournament. With one loss in the conference, how would that be compared with RIT one loss or Midd one loss if Midd end up winning the NESCAC tournament. Anyone have any thoughts on how this would work?
TucoBPJMRamirez

Post by TucoBPJMRamirez »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 pm
pcowlax wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:09 pm As expected, tremendous game in the birdcage, Williams hold on 10-9. Not sure how many bids NESCAC is looking at, Tufts and Midd are locks, but with wins over Amherst, Wes, Bowdoin, Babson and MIT, Ephs have a pretty impressive slate for consideration. Of course they lost to Conn and Hamilton and could easily lose a rematch to any of those NESCAC teams so at large hopes probably hinge on CaC tourney. I don’t know if Amherst had the wins, really only Bowdoin and York as top wins. This isn’t looking at actual regional ranked wins, just gestalt.
IMO, Bear, Ephs, Jeffs all finish at 6-4 in conference and the winner of the 4v5 game in Nescac round 1 is in.
Don't sleep on the Ephs this weekend - blue kitties are primed for an upset and GMac has his men surging at the right time!
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

I think Williams is the 3rd best team in the league next to Middlebury and Tufts and is capable of knocking either one of those teams off. Think the issue has been consistency this year but definitely a team to be reckoned with.
Laxdad457

Post by Laxdad457 »

The12lov3 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:12 am I think Williams is the 3rd best team in the league next to Middlebury and Tufts and is capable of knocking either one of those teams off. Think the issue has been consistency this year but definitely a team to be reckoned with.
Also faceoffs
Dinah

Post by Dinah »

Rivalry mid-week away game against a great goalie, already clinched the #2 seed and potentially looking forward to a home NESCAC playoff game for the first time since 2016... certainly has the makings of a trap game for Middlebury.

Coach Campbell has done an impressive job keeping the team's composure in other trap scenarios recently (Babson), though not against competition as good as Williams. The Ephs have won by controlling tempo in low scoring games, holding teams under 12 goals in every NESCAC win, while Middlebury has scored 14+ in 10 of its last 11 - I'll set the magic number at 13 goals for the Panthers.. fewer than that and they drop a close one on the road. Interestingly, good chance of seeing this matchup again in the NESCAC semis if both teams are able to take care of business in the quarters (never a guarantee).

Unrelated, but Barnard vs Kohn is a fun matchup at the X on Wednesday.
heisslersEMO

Post by heisslersEMO »

Trinity wins a few games and the forum goes silent!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”