Navy 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
old salt

Re: Navy 2023

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:24 pm Lightning delay. Swanson possible on EMO.
WNAV says 5:25 start, sun is out.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Laf is really unselfish and their ‘one more’ passes remind me of older style Denver. They often give up quality looks for what they anticipate as a better look to come.

Story: Amplo pops off at refs before half, couldn’t hear what he was saying, doesn’t come out after halftime until mid 3rd quarter.

End of 3rd 6-5 Navy. Not looking as sharp as the past few games.

43 inside on EMO…not a fan
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Navy did what they had to do to take care of business. Now, do they have any hopes for getting a top two seed in the conference tournament?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Thoughts on the Lafayette game? Bring on Army! Hoping for a beautiful Saturday evening for it!
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:55 pm 43 inside on EMO…not a fan
Grab bag EMO is not getting it done.
Too late in season for auditions & depth building.
I'd go with 2,9,10,43,28,51.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

gymman1031 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:31 pm Thoughts on the Lafayette game? Bring on Army! Hoping for a beautiful Saturday evening for it!
I liked how Navy kept their composure when the lead was whittled down to one goal -- they closed out really well. They've come a long way from the Manhattan game (5 straight second half goals for Manhattan and a 6-5 loss).

They've got a job of work coming up against Army. Unfortunately a power loss robbed us all of getting to watch one of the crazier final 10 minutes of the season, but Army looked really good against a Cornell team that's got pretty much all the pieces. Better get Jobu on speed dial.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Jobu's picks this week to keep hope alive for Navy #1 PLT seed :
Navy over Army
BU over Lehigh
Loyola vs Colgate = meh
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Side by side....Army has the edge, based solely on current stats logged on team site. This matchup is so often a 'game within a game'.

For me....it is Army's style of play on offense, their motion is going to force Navy's defense to be running a ton, while making split second slide/switch/stay decisions, & disrupting matchups, in order to have Army shooters attack our our SSDM's.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

old salt wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:43 am Jobu's picks this week to keep hope alive for Navy #1 PLT seed :
Navy over Army
BU over Lehigh
Loyola vs Colgate = meh
Don’t see them beating Army. Probably end up the 4th seed with a home against Loyola
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Navy rolling out new uniforms for Navy/army game

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrJKmEwA ... MyMTA2M2Y=
essorcalveritas

Post by essorcalveritas »

Too bad the Army/Navy game is at the same time as UMD v JHU. Wish they could have found a way around that.
This season, Army has been the better team (by far), but we all know that for rivalry games you can throw that out the window.
Who do you think has the advantage in the following categories:

1-Coaching
2-Navy O v Army D
3-Navy D v Army O
4-Goalie
5-FO Units
6-Intangibles?

Score Prediction?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

essorcalveritas wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:58 pm Too bad the Army/Navy game is at the same time as UMD v JHU. Wish they could have found a way around that.
This season, Army has been the better team (by far), but we all know that for rivalry games you can throw that out the window.

1-Coaching
2-Navy O v Army D
3-Navy D v Army O
4-Goalie
5-FO Units
6-Intangibles?

Score Prediction?
Just run down the list of stats I posted Monday morning. Army wins many of them. To your questions.

1. Army by far (stability matters) Navy reminds me of the Redskins, always turnover, and the players/school ultimately pays the price.
2. Army
3. Navy
4. Neutral
5. Army
6. Army
~Livy
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:51 am
essorcalveritas wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:58 pm Too bad the Army/Navy game is at the same time as UMD v JHU. Wish they could have found a way around that.

1-Coaching
2-Navy O v Army D
3-Navy D v Army O
4-Goalie
5-FO Units
6-Intangibles?

Score Prediction?
Just run down the list of stats I posted Monday morning. Army wins many of them. To your questions.

1. Army by far (stability matters) Navy reminds me of the Redskins, always turnover, and the players/school ultimately pays the price.
2. Army
3. Navy
4. Neutral
5. Army
6. Army
So I assume you are predicting Army to win by a few?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

gymman1031 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:07 am

1-Coaching
2-Navy O v Army D
3-Navy D v Army O
4-Goalie
5-FO Units
6-Intangibles?

Score Prediction?

2. Army
3. Navy
4. Neutral
5. Army
6. Army
I'll stick with the picks that I made in October, Navy 11-10, honoring what I put in ink.

As noted many times over, this is a game within a game and in the grand scheme of things, whoever wins the PL tournament will likely have to go thru Army a 2nd time. I am a big fan of how Army approaches their high motion/tempo style of play, it benefits the entirety of the team, who can turn it down when needed, while prepared and tested to dial it up to full throttle. It is far easier to do the former, when your bread and butter is the latter.

Who do you have?
~Livy
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:26 am
gymman1031 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:07 am

1-Coaching
2-Navy O v Army D
3-Navy D v Army O
4-Goalie
5-FO Units
6-Intangibles?

Score Prediction?

2. Army
3. Navy
4. Neutral
5. Army
6. Army
I'll stick with the picks that I made in October, Navy 11-10, honoring what I put in ink.

As noted many times over, this is a game within a game and in the grand scheme of things, whoever wins the PL tournament will likely have to go thru Army a 2nd time. I am a big fan of how Army approaches their high motion/tempo style of play, it benefits the entirety of the team, who can turn it down when needed, while prepared and tested to dial it up to full throttle. It is far easier to do the former, when your bread and butter is the latter.

Who do you have?
Heart says Navy. Head says Army. So I am going with Army. Hope I am wrong, though.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

1-Coaching A
2-Navy O v Army D. A
3-Navy D v Army O. A
4-Goalie A
5-FO Units. A
6-Intangibles? A
Score Prediction. Army wins in blowout 16-6
TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

1. Army (Amplo has completely lost the confidence of the team and his health issues are a serious concern)
2. Army
3. Army
4. Navy
5. Army, but Navy wing play will make it interesting
6. Army has taken the time to build a strong foundation and invested in each players development

I wouldn't be surprised if 24 was back on the field for considerable PT. Amplo is willing to "make considerable changes" and players will just have to "accept their roles" So look for 9, 10 and 24 to get considerable time. I personally think that 2, 10 and 14 should be on the field for considerable time.

I am sick and tired of hearing about Amplo kicking the entire TEAM out of practice, being unprofessional with degrading remarks about individual players in front of the team, looking the other way on players conduct on/off the field and NOT treating his staff with more respect.

Head/Heart is always with the MIDS. This turd is getting nutty.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:30 pm 1. Army (Amplo has completely lost the confidence of the team and his health issues are a serious concern)
2. Army
3. Army
4. Navy
5. Army, but Navy wing play will make it interesting
6. Army has taken the time to build a strong foundation and invested in each players development

I wouldn't be surprised if 24 was back on the field for considerable PT. Amplo is willing to "make considerable changes" and players will just have to "accept their roles" So look for 9, 10 and 24 to get considerable time. I personally think that 2, 10 and 14 should be on the field for considerable time.

I am sick and tired of hearing about Amplo kicking the entire TEAM out of practice, being unprofessional with degrading remarks about individual players in front of the team, looking the other way on players conduct on/off the field and NOT treating his staff with more respect.

Head/Heart is always with the MIDS. This turd is getting nutty.
Okay. We get it. You wish Amplo were gone. But four-straight wins, and you think he has lost the confidence of the team!?
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Turnandrake wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:34 am

1-Coaching A
2-Navy O v Army D. A
3-Navy D v Army O. A
4-Goalie A
5-FO Units. A
6-Intangibles? A
I wonder about faceoffs? Army should have the edge but Ghobriel has come on strong and you never know how individual matchups will play out. Lax reference has done a "face-off ELO" metric where winning percentage is adjusted by the strength of the opposing FOGO faced and Ghobriel is in the top 10 for the nation: https://twitter.com/laxreference/status ... 63458?s=20
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The Orfling wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:01 pm
Turnandrake wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:34 am

1-Coaching A
2-Navy O v Army D. A
3-Navy D v Army O. A
4-Goalie A
5-FO Units. A
6-Intangibles? A
I wonder about faceoffs? Army should have the edge but Ghobriel has come on strong and you never know how individual matchups will play out. Lax reference has done a "face-off ELO" metric where winning percentage is adjusted by the strength of the opposing FOGO faced and Ghobriel is in the top 10 for the nation: https://twitter.com/laxreference/status ... 63458?s=20
Nice post. Army hasn’t set the world on fire with their schedule either. The two common PL ranked opponents, Loyola and Lehigh. were both close goal diffs.
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”