2023 FanLax Forum Poll

D3 Mens Lacrosse
D3LaxFan2

Re: 2023 FanLax Forum Poll

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

ergit wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:31 pm
D3LaxFan2 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:25 pm
ergit wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:22 pm I can't believe that a team like Salisbury would have been embarrassed like that. Salisbury would have shown up to play, like they do every game, every year.
Well said! I wonder what would have happened if Salisbury played Tufts last year? I bet it would have been a 7 goal blowout.
At least they got off the bus…
I enjoy a good NESCAC bashing as much as anyone, but this is just a weird take.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Didn't Wesleyan lose a championship game (to Stevenson, maybe?) somewhat recently?
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

SixBySix wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:53 pm Didn't Wesleyan lose a championship game (to Stevenson, maybe?) somewhat recently?
Wesleyan won back in '18. I think that was their only championship appearance.
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

SixBySix wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:53 pm Didn't Wesleyan lose a championship game (to Stevenson, maybe?) somewhat recently?
Not sure what game you're misremembering but last time Wesleyan was in the national title was in 2018 (I believe their first time making it, could be wrong there) and they beat Salisbury 8-6.
smoova

Post by smoova »

That was magnificent!

To summarize: (i) conference strength should be judged by only the top 2-3 teams, (ii) NESCAC teams are frauds because they don't ignore conference/funding restrictions to schedule most (all?) of their games against out-of-region teams that are in the top 10 at this instant (plus York, no matter where they are ranked) but certainly not teams like Union, SLU, RPI, etc, (iii) parents from teams that are currently in the bottom half of the NESCAC may not post (not applicable to parents in any other conference), (iv) any analysis of conference strength may not include current year results, (v) past results are negotiable and (vi) Salisbury is the best team EVVVAAARRRRRR! Hallelujah! Holy sh!t! Where's the Tylenol?

Can we make ergit's rant a sticky so new users are appropriately informed (warned)?
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:32 pm
D3LaxFan2 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:25 pm
ergit wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:22 pm I can't believe that a team like Salisbury would have been embarrassed like that. Salisbury would have shown up to play, like they do every game, every year.
Well said! I wonder what would have happened if Salisbury played Tufts last year? I bet it would have been a 7 goal blowout.
Facetiously I presume?
I didn't say which team would win.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

That way everyone will know what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d-ckless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey poop he is! Hallelujah! Holy sh!t! Where's the Tylenol?

I especially like the Tufts is the only team of national relevance part. By that standard the only teams of national relevance in the last 10 years are Tufts, RIT and Salisbury. Or you could spit the bit of resentment and see that the NESCAC has had 6 appearances by 4! different teams in the national semi-finals in the last 4 tournaments and that many years they have only not had 2 or more of the final four teams because of their getting placed in the same part of the bracket.
DaFuqDude

Post by DaFuqDude »

Not Suitable wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:03 pm
Oh yeahhhhh I remember that !!!! I do see how people could forget about the other teams that are in the NESCAC, simply because they have no relevant contenders outside of Tufts (who hasn't been to a championship game since 2016)!!!!!

But I also had a dream the other night that felt too real that Amherst played in the 2019 National Championship.... But then I woke up and said "Ohhh that definitely didnt happen because the only team of relevance in the NESCAC is Tufts"!!!

Also if you want to go and rank the strengths of each conference based off of the leagues bottom half, who would win in a blind resume?

A. University of Mary Washington, Kean State University, and Montclaire State University
B Hamilton College, Connecticut College, and Bates College
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

DaFuqDude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:31 pm
Oh yeahhhhh I remember that !!!! I do see how people could forget about the other teams that are in the NESCAC, simply because they have no relevant contenders outside of Tufts (who hasn't been to a championship game since 2016)!!!!!

But I also had a dream the other night that felt too real that Amherst played in the 2019 National Championship.... But then I woke up and said "Ohhh that definitely didnt happen because the only team of relevance in the NESCAC is Tufts"!!!

Also if you want to go and rank the strengths of each conference based off of the leagues bottom half, who would win in a blind resume?

A. University of Mary Washington, Kean State University, and Montclaire State University
Rumor has it if a NESCAC team that isn't Tufts makes it to the final four they have to forfeit. Gotta protect the Tufts name.
DaFuqDude

Post by DaFuqDude »

Not Suitable wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:53 pm
DaFuqDude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:31 pm

Rumor has it if a NESCAC team that isn't Tufts makes it to the final four they have to forfeit. Gotta protect the Tufts name.
If that's the case than I will be the first person to congratulate Salisbury for their 2018 season by being the first team in history to win the National Championship without scoring more goals than their opponent!!!!
smoova

Post by smoova »

DaFuqDude wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:58 pm If that's the case than I will be the first person to congratulate Salisbury for their 2018 season by being the first team in history to win the National Championship without scoring more goals than their opponent!!!!
Salisbury ... the Chuck Norris of DIII lacrosse.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

[duplicate post]
Last edited by ah23 on Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

ergit wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:22 pm The fact that NESCAC teams play ten conference games allows the top teams to beat up on the bottom half of the league and duck top out-of-conference and out-of-region competition like York, CNU or Salisbury.
Tufts blew out York two years ago; Amherst just went down to the Mustang Classic and beat them this season. Tufts has vaporized Lynchburg in each of the last two seasons; Wesleyan beat them at the Mustang Classic in ‘19.

There’s nothing particularly special or unique about “top teams” from the south. Good lacrosse is good lacrosse no matter where it’s played. Salisbury doesn’t need to come north to prove that they’re a great program, and Tufts doesn’t need to go south to prove the same (although they do anyway).

Out of curiosity, when is the last time Salisbury has come north to play an OOC game against “top out-of-region competition” like Tufts, RIT, or someone similar?
I can't believe that a team like Salisbury would have been embarrassed like that. Salisbury would have shown up to play, like they do every game, every year.
This was the part where I realized that the post might just be tongue in cheek and I’m missing the joke, but…it’s the internet and intent is hard to assess. Sue me.
Then again, they may just fold like they did last year.

ergit

Post by ergit »

Hey, I’m back. Did I miss anything…?
smoova

Post by smoova »

ergit wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:10 pm Hey, I’m back. Did I miss anything…?
Nope, the NESCAC is still the greatest. ;)
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

This is the kind of banter I was hoping for when I posted my conference rankings. :D
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

BIGDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:25 am
The12lov3 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:21 am
BIGDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:06 am
Tigerlax70 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:09 pm
BIGDAWG wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:12 am Happy to see Wooster getting their continued respect. I would have put them at 2 in my poll based on their undefeated record, just above Tufts who still needs to prove themselves. Surprised Nosey had Denison so high? I wouldn't have put them above 27 in my ranking. NCAC does look like the best conference in lacrosse though so I'm smiling :mrgreen:
Surely you jest. Wooster would struggle to finish in the top half of the NESEAC. Their undefeated record has been accomplished against teams I regularly see in the first round of the NCAA Tournament who get an AQ and then get their brains beat in in the first round by double digit scores. Based on SOS, Wooster may garner some Top 20 votes. Long way to go for relevancy. Contrary to popular opinion, Polls are not a feel good exercise. They should reflect who the voters feel are the best teams in the country based on a full body of work. While their 11-0 record may impress the mothers and fathers of the current team, nobody on this forum would confuse wins over Brockport, Albion and Oberlin with Tufts, CNU or York. If they can hang with Denison in their next game, I might give them some respect. Your stated post of having Wooster at #2 based on their undefeated season makes a mockery of your intent. “Just above Tufts who just needs to prove themselves”. Tufts would lay 20 goals on Wooster in the first half and their 3rd and 4ths would intensify the carnage.
Surely you have proven that you do not know the strength of midwest lacrosse. It saddens me to see how angry you have become over your precious D3 polls, though last time I checked, undefeated is better than not undefeated. You have shown you don't know ball as Albion and Oberlin are quality teams who would finish in the top half of your overinflated NESCAC. You also don't seem to understand that College of Wooster on a midweek night is the hardest venue in college lacrosse. Wooster is scrappy, gritty, and skilled and would most likely beat Tufts at their own game. Hey Tigerlax, pick your pants up! Your elitism is showing!
You are smoking Crack with that Tufts comment. Not saying that Wooster is not a respectable team but have you seen Tufts play this year. They are a level above most of the teams in division3. This might be the most complete team that they have EVER. They can kill you offensively like in years past but can also shut teams down. Every game has been a blowout except for Amherst and they have blown out some pretty good teams. The only games that were close in score were the Amherst and Middlebury games but those who saw Middlebury would attest that they got blown out.
I have heard year in and year out that "this" Tufts team is the best EVER, but year in and year out they come up short. Its clear you haven't watched any of the Wooster games, so until you do I don't think you are qualified to comment. Tufts would struggle against Wooster and most NCAC teams this year, the brand of lacrosse they play is more complete and overall grittier than the little baby blue elephants.
All those comments about Wooster not aging so well … 😉
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Reminder: FanLax Forum Polls are due on Monday (Today) at noon EST. Enjoy this weekend's games. Forum Poll Link (with Submission Links towards the bottom of the page). All are welcome to submit a ranking.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
smoova

Post by smoova »

Cr@p - I intended to put Babson at 16. Sorry.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”