Loyola Greyhounds 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Turnandrake

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by Turnandrake »

How is Loyola ranked #13 2 goals in first half 13 turnovers and can’t win a FO.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Turnandrake wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:54 pm How is Loyola ranked #13 2 goals in first half 13 turnovers and can’t win a FO.
Faceoffs are 4-1 in Loyola's favor.

You must be new. Rankings are based on wins and losses, not faceoffs and turnovers.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Turnandrake wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:54 pm How is Loyola ranked #13 2 goals in first half 13 turnovers and can’t win a FO.
They crushed Maryland, and their Hopkins win is starting to look better than anybody expected.
And I hope their Hopkins win keeps looking better and better.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Offense is really tough to watch this game. 1 quarter left down 4 goals
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Helluva 3 goal run by Loyola, started w/Pontra and the (and 2) 2min locked in on 8 Navy. Went from 8-4 to 8-7 in under 3 minutes.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I guess Loyola had 1st AP on the inadvertent whistle?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

23 saves. Wow.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

GreyingHound wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:07 pm
Faceoffs are 4-1 in Loyola's favor.

You must be new. Rankings are based on wins and losses, not faceoffs and turnovers.
Yup W/L count. Bad lost at Ridley @large gone. Must win PL now.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:37 pm Offense is really tough to watch this game. 1 quarter left down 4 goals
+1 Defense has kept them in this game Staudt is playing well

No help from offense big time players show and play in big time games
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

GreyingHound wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:11 pm 23 saves. Wow.
We take shots, but are they good shots
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

laxbro11 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:21 pm
houndace1 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:37 pm Offense is really tough to watch this game. 1 quarter left down 4 goals
+1 Defense has kept them in this game Staudt is playing well

No help from offense big time players show and play in big time games
Agree with offense statement. James disappeared again.
Disagree about defense. Almost every goal Navy got was when their guys (Tolker and Hewitt) got behind our defense and were 1 on 1 with Staudt. One of their goals came from any distance. Defense was caught ball watching all game long.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

James, Kamish, Heuston, Murphy, Higgins and Poitras go 3/37 shooting. Yes Ryan played great. The gals that beat him, however, were mostly high shots. They kept shooting low and he was great on the low stuff. Just don’t understand what has happened to this offense since Hopkins. Just can’t fathom what’s going on with James. One goal and two points in five games. He was their best player early this season and last year. Really thought he was going to be a big producer this year. Wonder if he’ll come back for his grad year.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Formerhound wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:39 pm James, Kamish, Heuston, Murphy, Higgins and Poitras go 3/37 shooting. Yes Ryan played great. The gals that beat him, however, were mostly high shots. They kept shooting low and he was great on the low stuff. Just don’t understand what has happened to this offense since Hopkins. Just can’t fathom what’s going on with James. One goal and two points in five games. He was their best player early this season and last year. Really thought he was going to be a big producer this year. Wonder if he’ll come back for his grad year.
These players have not gotten better they have regressed James does better when the offense runs thru someone else

Poor shot selection Turn overs poor passing Watching Duke And ND play Both offenses are crisp and efficient
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

laxbro11 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:59 pm
Formerhound wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:39 pm James, Kamish, Heuston, Murphy, Higgins and Poitras go 3/37 shooting. Yes Ryan played great. The gals that beat him, however, were mostly high shots. They kept shooting low and he was great on the low stuff. Just don’t understand what has happened to this offense since Hopkins. Just can’t fathom what’s going on with James. One goal and two points in five games. He was their best player early this season and last year. Really thought he was going to be a big producer this year. Wonder if he’ll come back for his grad year.
These players have not gotten better they have regressed James does better when the offense runs thru someone else

Poor shot selection Turn overs poor passing Watching Duke And ND play Both offenses are crisp and efficient
When was the last time you saw a skip pass out of this offense?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Formerhound wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:32 am

Mustang Sally skipped one across 2 guys in the 4th Q. I'll refrain from commenting on my thoughts when it happened.

I didn't see too much poor shot selection, as much as I saw "poor shooting." There were at least 4-5 times where we had shots from good spots on the field, made the defense and goalie move, but we just didn't finish the shots. Without watching them again, not sure to whether to really chalk those up to good goaltending on Navy's part, poor shooting on our part, good/bad luck, or a combination of all factors.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:42 am
Formerhound wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:32 am

Mustang Sally skipped one across 2 guys in the 4th Q. I'll refrain from commenting on my thoughts when it happened.

I didn't see too much poor shot selection, as much as I saw "poor shooting." There were at least 4-5 times where we had shots from good spots on the field, made the defense and goalie move, but we just didn't finish the shots. Without watching them again, not sure to whether to really chalk those up to good goaltending on Navy's part, poor shooting on our part, good/bad luck, or a combination of all factors.
I stand corrected and agree with poor shooting... And I agree with Sally's skip, we are on the same page with that decision.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Huge game this weekend v BU. If Hounds are to win they need:
1. Evan James to be the player he was last year and the first few games this season
2. Kamish and rest of middies to score on more than 3/37 shots. Need good shots but need these guys to finish.
3. Minicus needs to play and play like he has all season
4. Defenders need to stop ball watching. Navy scored a ton of goals when they got behind defense for tap in goals.
5. Would love to see Hounds play zone. Staudt gives up very few goals from distance.
6. Limit turnovers

Prediction is BU 12-9. Hounds have been terrible on the road this year and given the past few weeks I just don’t see it changing.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Geez, what a pair of utter morons calling this game.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

I get that BU is very talented at attack but a 5-1 first quarter lead is hard to watch
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

6-2 1st quarter lead for BU. Getting killed on FO and just a lot of turnovers
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”