media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: media matters

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:38 am So the rebuttal is a stat stating the delta for blacks is ~5k less .... what does that prove?
Might want to think about what Salty was claiming, in the context of Bragg being called an "animal" and a "racist" and a "Soros puppet".

Whites are basically 2.5X the population of blacks in Bragg's electorate. But yes a Democratic area. But he defeated a much better funded Dem in the primary...so, not "safe"....
Old Salt:

“the only elected prosecutors who feel politically secure enough to bring these prosecutions are black prosecutors with large constituencies of black voters.”

I imagine 1 out of 9 is a lot of black folk in Old People’s minds.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:38 am So the rebuttal is a stat stating the delta for blacks is ~5k less .... what does that prove?
Might want to think about what Salty was claiming, in the context of Bragg being called an "animal" and a "racist" and a "Soros puppet".

Whites are basically 2.5X the population of blacks in Bragg's electorate. But yes a Democratic area. But he defeated a much better funded Dem in the primary...so, not "safe"....
Old Salt:

“the only elected prosecutors who feel politically secure enough to bring these prosecutions are black prosecutors with large constituencies of black voters.”

I imagine 1 out of 9 is a lot of black folk in Old People’s minds.
:D
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I'll let OS speak for himself. I certainly did not read his comment that way....but then again, I do not look under every nook and cranny for an avenue to claim someone is racist. You and TLD....seem to do that regularly, and that is really no different than what you claim he is doing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:24 pm

I'll let OS speak for himself. I certainly did not read his comment that way....but then again, I do not look under every nook and cranny for an avenue to claim someone is racist. You and TLD....seem to call a spade a spade regularly, and that is really different than what you claim he is doing.
Fixed it….got rid of the “not” typo…..I very very rarely call people “racist”….. I believe I have said racists believe Trump is racist, that’s enough for me…. Pointed out racism in historical context in this country….but as far as an individual being racist?….don’t care. Don’t mess with my money and opportunity…Larry down the block can be racist. I don’t care.

:lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:24 pm

I'll let OS speak for himself. I certainly did not read his comment that way....but then again, I do not look under every nook and cranny for an avenue to claim someone is racist. You and TLD....seem to do that regularly, and that is really no different than what you claim he is doing.
Absolutely, Salty is quite capable of speaking for himself!

But you took exception to TLD pointing out that Salty's claim was completely bogus...Salty was the one claiming that the two black prosecutors have safe, black dominated, electorates...false.

I don't think anyone was calling Salty racist...Trump yes, for darn sure. (EDIT: TLD indeed made fun of "old" people thinking 1 of 9 is a lot... I smiled at that)

Just read the exchange again. You're more than capable of understanding, if you want to do so.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: Image hearing this after the Red Team has been saying it for close to 7 years.....https://twitter.com/alx/status/1647075805866913793?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:20 pm :lol: :lol: Image hearing this after the Red Team has been saying it for close to 7 years.....https://twitter.com/alx/status/1647075805866913793?s=20
Imagine actually having values that aren't dependent on WHO we're talking about.

Remember that you and quite a few of your fellow R's were complaining about how twitter ran.

This guy on MSNBC? He's a liberal-----and liberals don't trust these big corporations, and want more regulations and things like "Equal Time" to be enforced.

YOUR TEAM...which I am on in this particular case.....want companies to do whatever the F they want.

So which is it that you want? That's the part that the twitter guy avoids discussion: do you want the government to FORCE twitter to run that Hunter's laptop story? Or do you want them to do what twitter (regardless of owner) d*mn well pleases.

My solution? Break up these obvious monopolies. Problem solved.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:20 pm :lol: :lol: Image hearing this after the Red Team has been saying it for close to 7 years.....https://twitter.com/alx/status/1647075805866913793?s=20
Ellie's personal "catch and kill" program...

Well, he is a pecker .... head.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... niversary/

"Meanwhile, the company’s valuation has cratered, Musk has said, to less than half the $44 billion he paid when he bought the company roughly six months ago."

"“The magic is gone and the carnival barker’s in charge,” one of the former employees said. It “feels like it’s gone from the center of all public conversation to some regrettable networking event where everyone’s got business cards but no one’s got a job.”"

Some smart people used to work at Twatter.
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:12 am

"Meanwhile, the company’s valuation has cratered, Musk has said, to less than half the $44 billion he paid when he bought the company roughly six months ago."
I departed that app a few months ago. I primarily used it for lacrosse stuff and followed a couple of scientists and musicians…..don’t have much interest in “social media” patforms. Never been on Facebook (beyond my son being on Facebook live once) and have never been on tiktok and don’t plan on it.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:17 am

I departed that app a few months ago. I primarily used it for lacrosse stuff and followed a couple of scientists and musicians…..don’t have much interest in “social media” patforms. Never been on Facebook (beyond my son being on Facebook live once) and have never been on tiktok and don’t plan on it.
And then there's this gem:

"A different change is threatening Twitter’s usefulness to the National Weather Service, which has long used automatic tweets to communicate urgent news about extreme weather to the public. Twitter users have had access to systems that allow them to push automated posts by connecting to external sources of information so that the Weather Service and meteorologists can send out quick posts when tornadoes or floods hit.

As weather conditions change, the agency relies on these automated posts to keep people up to date, sometimes sending dozens a day.

The Twitter headquarters building at 1355 Market St. in San Francisco. Rounds of layoffs have left Twitter operating with a skeleton staff of 1,500, an 80 percent reduction. (Mark Leong/for The Washington Post)
Twitter said last month it would limit automated tweets to 1,500 a month, and charge $100 per month for anyone who wanted to send up to 50,000. After the change takes effect, the Weather Service said, its automated tweets about severe weather “may not be posted.” Officials said Twitter told them no exceptions would be made to the new limits.

Twitter’s tweaks are already causing smaller issues for weather watchers: James Spann, chief meteorologist for ABC 33/40 in Birmingham, Ala., said Twitter integration with Slack is broken, a problem for him because he uses the chat tool to communicate with weather spotters on the ground. They would use the auto tweets to push storm warnings to the spotters.

“That’s really aggravating,” he said. “One day, we had a tornado event here and we had no warnings on the Slack channel.”"

Good to see that vaunted public-private partnership working so well for the public. Think the GreatPlains dolts who love "freedumb" and "free speech" will appreciate this when then wash up in the Emerald City?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:23 am

"A different change is threatening Twitter’s usefulness to the National Weather Service, which has long used automatic tweets to communicate urgent news about extreme weather to the public. Twitter users have had access to systems that allow them to push automated posts by connecting to external sources of information so that the Weather Service and meteorologists can send out quick posts when tornadoes or floods hit.

As weather conditions change, the agency relies on these automated posts to keep people up to date, sometimes sending dozens a day.

The Twitter headquarters building at 1355 Market St. in San Francisco. Rounds of layoffs have left Twitter operating with a skeleton staff of 1,500, an 80 percent reduction. (Mark Leong/for The Washington Post)
Twitter said last month it would limit automated tweets to 1,500 a month, and charge $100 per month for anyone who wanted to send up to 50,000. After the change takes effect, the Weather Service said, its automated tweets about severe weather “may not be posted.” Officials said Twitter told them no exceptions would be made to the new limits.

Twitter’s tweaks are already causing smaller issues for weather watchers: James Spann, chief meteorologist for ABC 33/40 in Birmingham, Ala., said Twitter integration with Slack is broken, a problem for him because he uses the chat tool to communicate with weather spotters on the ground. They would use the auto tweets to push storm warnings to the spotters.

“That’s really aggravating,” he said. “One day, we had a tornado event here and we had no warnings on the Slack channel.”"

Good to see that vaunted public-private partnership working so well for the public. Think the GreatPlains dolts who love "freedumb" and "free speech" will appreciate this when then wash up in the Emerald City?
But I thought Mr. Musk was interested in “free” speech?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:44 am

"Free" once you pay his price. Wonder if a "blue check mark" purchased to gain access to "reliable" weather alerts could be considered a health tax deduction? How creative are people feeling these days?
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:01 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:44 am

"Free" once you pay his price. Wonder if a "blue check mark" purchased to gain access to "reliable" weather alerts could be considered a health tax deduction? How creative are people feeling these days?
But you have to pay to get to town square….getting there ain’t “free”.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... some interesting news from the world of human behavior (reported by Nature). Behaviorist have completed a study on the 2016 and 2020 elections and have measured the amount of misinformation consumed and who was consuming it. The good news, only about half as much misinformation was consumed in 2020 compared to 2016. People are learning to discriminate between trustworthy and unreliable sources. The major consumers of misinformation have been older folks and conservatives, according to the study. The study.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:38 pm ... some interesting news from the world of human behavior (reported by Nature). Behaviorist have completed a study on the 2016 and 2020 elections and have measured the amount of misinformation consumed and who was consuming it. The good news, only about half as much misinformation was consumed in 2020 compared to 2016. People are learning to discriminate between trustworthy and unreliable sources. The major consumers of misinformation have been older folks and conservatives, according to the study. The study.
So, the feeble-minded? Quell surprise!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Apparently no settlement (yet?); opening statements should be fun.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:57 pm Apparently no settlement (yet?); opening statements should be fun.
Settled after jury selection. Agreement to pay Dominion $787,500,000.00. I assume there will be a retraction/apology in there somewhere.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:32 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:57 pm Apparently no settlement (yet?); opening statements should be fun.
Settled after jury selection. Agreement to pay Dominion $787,500,000.00. I assume there will be a retraction/apology in there somewhere.
Fox didn’t do anything wrong. Just putting it out there.
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:51 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:32 pm
Fox didn’t do anything wrong. Just putting it out there.
And as if it's a complete surprise, the Fox News home page has NOTHING on the settlement. I scrolled all the way down to the copyright statement. Nothing to see here. Keep moving along.

Return to “POLITICS”