The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:59 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:52 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:44 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:31 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:19 am Hey gun, go shoot someone.
Hey kid, go kill 17 kids in a few minutes without a gun.

Bit harder, or no?
You just made his point exactly. Beating your head against a wall.

Joe
Drugs don’t kill people….People that take drugs kill themselves. We need more drugs.
Barry Seal.

Joe
Underrated Tom Cruise role!

Joe
It was.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Bit harder, or no?

Joe
Every modern industrialized nation has people with mental health issues. Every modern industrialized nation has violent criminals.

Only the United States has an epidemic of mass shootings.

IT’S. THE. GUNS.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://nypost.com/2023/03/30/san-jose- ... -fentanyl/

We need to leave these people alone. Drug’s don’t kill. People that take drugs are killing themselves.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Bit harder, or no?

Joe
:lol:

Don't think you got either point then...

Some inanimate objects that don't do anything by themselves are better at killing people when used by people. Would you agree with that?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:08 pm 'The Telegraph' is now claiming Aiden Hale was hunting for the Chief Pastor of the church when he could not find the pastor he killed the pastor's 9 year old daughter and friends. The pastor was apparently counselling Hale and it wasn't going well I would imagine. A lot of the story was told to The Telegraph by a retired church pastor. They seem to be getting well out ahead of others.
The church and school deny the story being spread by 'The Telegraph' and now other right wing rags.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 amOh I read your post alright. You list a litany of different assorted issues that you believe are serious problems in the USA today. Many of those same issues were a problem in 1976. They didn't just magically materialize overnight. There were still millions of guns in the 1970s. There was rampant drug abuse in the 70s. Alot of people went bankrupt in the 70s. Medical bankruptcies skyrocketed in direct correlation to medical costs skyrocketing. Alot of kids could not afford 4 years of college in the 70s. Do you remember what interest rates were on a home mortgage in the 70s? Of course I'm concerned that our kids are forced to learn in schools that resemble maximum security prisons. Do you think the kids don't understand that this is not what going to school is suppose to be like? Right along with fire drills they have to conduct active shooter drills. Do you think school children get use to going through metal detectors and having an armed police officer walking the hallways?? Maybe when little Jimmy leaves school and goes home to his video game to shoot up the world he fails to understand in the real world you don't come back to life. Guns and easy access to them is a huge problem. Those other issues are cultural and almost impossible to fix. I suppose we can be grateful our school children no longer have to duck and cover.
The guns in people's homes weren't 5.56 semi-autos with 30+ round magazines. They were hunting rifles, shotguns, revolvers.

Median home cost in 1976: $44k with a 8% mortgage rate. $258 per month with 20% down. Median salary: $14k

Drugs were nothing like the opioids of today. Sure there was abuse then, but the overdose death rate now is insanely higher than in 1976. Maybe 1-3 per 100,000 then vs. like 30 now

Average undergraduate tuition (tuition, fees, room and board) in 1976 for public universities: $1,935 :lol:

No one said people didn't face problems in the 1970's. The point is all those problems are now bigger, sometimes MUCH bigger.
You were talking numbers of weapons not caliber of the round. If your surprised that young teenage boys are fascinated by these high powered rifles... well every swinging dick in my US Army basic training brigade loved their rifle. The difference was we were highly trained at the use of this weapon and it was not a toy, it was a tool. So what is YOUR SOLUTION?? I'm already on record stating that the 5.56 round is a poor choice for home defence. The maximum effective range of a 5.56 round is 300 meters. I understand the interest so many people have with these type of weapons. I put many thousands of 5.56 rounds downrange. If you like to plink it is a fun weapon. FTR these weapons were sold in huge #s 30/40 years ago. My brother use to drag me along with him to the yearly gun show in our town. They were always there in large numbers. What is different today is the technology behind these weapons. Without getting into a long drawn out discussion, these weapons are now owned by millions of Americans. This now becomes an issue with trying to the toothpaste back in the tube. Everytime I hear about " we need to ban these weapons" do any of you people understand how many different variations of these weapons have been made? I bring this up all of the time. Most AR 15 type weapons are already sold with strict guidelines. You can purchase a Ruger mini 14 and nobody bats an eye. Do you know that an AR 15 and the Ruger weapon share the same footprint? They both fire a 5.56 round. They both have the same maximum effective range. The magazine capacities are the same. If you detest these weapons and want them banned, the 2nd amendment is an obstacle you have to deal with.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:55 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 amOh I read your post alright. You list a litany of different assorted issues that you believe are serious problems in the USA today. Many of those same issues were a problem in 1976. They didn't just magically materialize overnight. There were still millions of guns in the 1970s. There was rampant drug abuse in the 70s. Alot of people went bankrupt in the 70s. Medical bankruptcies skyrocketed in direct correlation to medical costs skyrocketing. Alot of kids could not afford 4 years of college in the 70s. Do you remember what interest rates were on a home mortgage in the 70s? Of course I'm concerned that our kids are forced to learn in schools that resemble maximum security prisons. Do you think the kids don't understand that this is not what going to school is suppose to be like? Right along with fire drills they have to conduct active shooter drills. Do you think school children get use to going through metal detectors and having an armed police officer walking the hallways?? Maybe when little Jimmy leaves school and goes home to his video game to shoot up the world he fails to understand in the real world you don't come back to life. Guns and easy access to them is a huge problem. Those other issues are cultural and almost impossible to fix. I suppose we can be grateful our school children no longer have to duck and cover.
The guns in people's homes weren't 5.56 semi-autos with 30+ round magazines. They were hunting rifles, shotguns, revolvers.

Median home cost in 1976: $44k with a 8% mortgage rate. $258 per month with 20% down. Median salary: $14k

Drugs were nothing like the opioids of today. Sure there was abuse then, but the overdose death rate now is insanely higher than in 1976. Maybe 1-3 per 100,000 then vs. like 30 now

Average undergraduate tuition (tuition, fees, room and board) in 1976 for public universities: $1,935 :lol:

No one said people didn't face problems in the 1970's. The point is all those problems are now bigger, sometimes MUCH bigger.
You were talking numbers of weapons not caliber of the round. If your surprised that young teenage boys are fascinated by these high powered rifles... well every swinging dick in my US Army basic training brigade loved their rifle. The difference was we were highly trained at the use of this weapon and it was not a toy, it was a tool. So what is YOUR SOLUTION?? I'm already on record stating that the 5.56 round is a poor choice for home defence. The maximum effective range of a 5.56 round is 300 meters. I understand the interest so many people have with these type of weapons. I put many thousands of 5.56 rounds downrange. If you like to plink it is a fun weapon. FTR these weapons were sold in huge #s 30/40 years ago. My brother use to drag me along with him to the yearly gun show in our town. They were always there in large numbers. What is different today is the technology behind these weapons. Without getting into a long drawn out discussion, these weapons are now owned by millions of Americans. This now becomes an issue with trying to the toothpaste back in the tube. Everytime I hear about " we need to ban these weapons" do any of you people understand how many different variations of these weapons have been made? I bring this up all of the time. Most AR 15 type weapons are already sold with strict guidelines. You can purchase a Ruger mini 14 and nobody bats an eye. Do you know that an AR 15 and the Ruger weapon share the same footprint? They both fire a 5.56 round. They both have the same maximum effective range. The magazine capacities are the same. If you detest these weapons and want them banned, the 2nd amendment is an obstacle you have to deal with.
A big problem may require big money. The Australian law and buy-back seems to have resolved all sorts of murders. Might cost the US $300B. Still preserves the right to bear arms.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2015/8 ... ia-buyback

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-polic ... ement.html

I’m not ready to admit Australians are smarter than Americans. Please read the article and ponder before a wholesale dismissal of the idea.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Transgender terrorist attempt thwarted on Colorado. Planned to ‘bomb’ the school. Nice of the headline to avoid that important detail and bury it deep in the article.

https://abc3340.com/amp/news/nation-wor ... do-springs
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:47 pm Transgender terrorist attempt thwarted on Colorado. Planned to ‘bomb’ the school. Nice of the headline to avoid that important detail and bury it deep in the article.

https://abc3340.com/amp/news/nation-wor ... do-springs
Sounds like she was pissed off.

Glad they stopped her!
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Three teen cisgender girls detained in school shooting threat in Montana: https://www.montanarightnow.com/missoul ... 567f8.html

Possible cisgender school shooting thwarted in Ohio. https://abc13.com/student-prevented-pos ... /13095083/

Trans people face rhetoric, disinformation after shooting. https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tra ... g-98299198
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:32 pm Three teen cisgender girls detained in school shooting threat in Montana: https://www.montanarightnow.com/missoul ... 567f8.html

Possible cisgender school shooting thwarted in Ohio. https://abc13.com/student-prevented-pos ... /13095083/

Trans people face rhetoric, disinformation after shooting. https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tra ... g-98299198
nah, those are cisgender terrorists.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Nature is NOT binary:

https://mymodernmet.com/white-throated-sparrow-sexes/

“This bird acts like it has four sexes,” says Christopher Balakrishnan, an evolutionary biologist at East Carolina University in North Carolina, who worked with Tuttle and Gonser. “One individual can only mate with one-quarter of the population. There are very few sexual systems with more than two sexes.” This mating dance, however, is a lot of work. Balakrishnan notes, “That we never see systems with four sexes says that they're evolutionarily unstable and one of these alleles will ultimately go extinct.”

Multi-sex species are not unique to sparrows. One microbe has seven sexes. What is sure is that nature's sexes are diverse and complex.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nature is not binary.
But human chromosomes that determine sex are.
Chromosomal changes were noted in the sparrows.
Are you suggesting a chromosomal change has occurred in humans?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:22 am Nature is not binary.
But human chromosomes that determine sex are.
Chromosomal changes were noted in the sparrows.
Are you suggesting a chromosomal change has occurred in humans?
Are they binary???
Answer, not really.
It's considerably more complex.

Here's a pretty good explainer for the non-geneticist:
https://www.livescience.com/27248-chromosomes.html

Here's another: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... mplistic1/
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Of course there are other possibilities.

So the question no one will answer is- how often do these outliers and uncommon variations/possibilities need to occur to become "normal" conditions?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:56 am Of course there are other possibilities.

So the question no one will answer is- how often do these outliers and uncommon variations/disorders/possibilities need to occur to become "normal" conditions?
why do you ask what is "normal"?

Do you mean on a bell curve? Or do you mean "approved" by society?

If you read what I linked, the SA article mentions 1 in 100 babies actually are born with conflicting or overlapping genes and actual physical expression...which is close to what my emergency pediatrics pal told us decades ago she was experiencing in her residency.

More importantly, the expression of these genes, how much of various attributes, obviously varies greatly, and that's just in what we can directly observe physically, imagine the huge variation in expression in the brain, a tremendously complex organ. Gene expression happens for all sorts of reasons, including after birth, much more variation that we might "normally" think...

So, it's "normal" to be whatever/however your gene expression and experiences place you.

But if you're asking what the statistics indicate, there's undoubtedly a range of possible.
Depending what attributes you want to measure, and what range of such you want to "call normal", then you (society) can define "normal" as within those parameters in which most people fall...but does that really make those falling differently "abnormal"?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I ask what is normal, statistically speaking.
Other chromosomal differences that occur with somewhat regular frequency in nature but are still labeled "abnormalities" becaus it's not what the vast majority experiences.
Chromosomal abnormalities are at the root of many inherited traits and give rise to conditions that may develop during an individual's lifetime.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:23 pm I ask what is normal, statistically speaking.
Other chromosomal differences that occur with somewhat regular frequency in nature but are still labeled "abnormalities" becaus it's not what the vast majority experiences.
Chromosomal abnormalities are at the root of many inherited traits and give rise to conditions that may develop during an individual's lifetime.
What is your "cut-off" for "statistically speaking" "normal" ?

If you're asking what scientists' estimations are, statistically, of all variances (any degree) from traditional, strictly binary, cisgender and heterosexual gene expression and preferences, I don't know, though I've heard 20% bandied about as likely, maybe higher.

Does that make the, say, 80% "normal", for the purposes you intend?

If it was 10% or 30% would it matter? 1%?

Why are you asking?

Are you suggesting that all chromosomal variations are "abnormalities" and "give rise to conditions". Do you mean life threatening conditions? yes, some do, but most do not. So, is it "abnormal" for such variations to be a problem?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Some levity...

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”