Re: NESCAC

Post by Garbagetime »

What the hell happened at Tufts-Conn?
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

Razor21 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:09 pm
JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:10 pm
pcowlax wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:27 pm Congrats to Trinity for win over CC. I have to say, I have been very pleasantly surprised with the Bantams after the offseason of their discontent. No, they aren’t good, but they have played hard and been in most games and won more than I expected. Their extremely young team is getting great experience to build on. Agree on Williams too. No moral victories in the NESCAC but that is an impressive score. Congrats as well to Wes, final score much closer than the game where they completely smothered Jeff’s high powered O until the closing minutes. Can’t wait for the Cardinals and Panthers on Saturday, no soft one game a week nonsense in D3!
Agree, nice win for the Bants. Agree that they play hard. Also imagine how much better they would be with a real coaching staff and some of the players who are missing.
Love the win by Colby. Not sure anyone saw that coming. Hopefully it turns it around for them.
And also agree on Williams.
Did the Trinity coach kick both your dogs? Neither of you can acknowledge a nice W without taking a shot. :D
Very fair point. And as mentioned no dog directly in this fight but have heard some of the nonsense from an alum friend and what is going on there is criminal and those kids deserve better. Game today is a prime example of the lack of coaching.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:21 pm
pcowlax wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:27 pm Congrats to Trinity for win over CC. I have to say, I have been very pleasantly surprised with the Bantams after the offseason of their discontent. No, they aren’t good, but they have played hard and been in most games and won more than I expected. Their extremely young team is getting great experience to build on. Agree on Williams too. No moral victories in the NESCAC but that is an impressive score. Congrats as well to Wes, final score much closer than the game where they completely smothered Jeff’s high powered O until the closing minutes. Can’t wait for the Cardinals and Panthers on Saturday, no soft one game a week nonsense in D3!
Agree, nice win for the Bants. Agree that they play hard. Also imagine how much better they would be with a real coaching staff and some of the players who are missing.
Love the win by Colby. Not sure anyone saw that coming. Hopefully it turns it around for them.
Did the Trinity coach kick both your dogs? Neither of you can acknowledge a nice W without taking a shot. :D
Very fair point. And as mentioned no dog directly in this fight but have heard some of the nonsense from an alum friend and what is going on there is criminal and those kids deserve better. Game today is a prime example of the lack of coaching.
You have been pretty aggressive for some one with no dog in the fight. You recently joined and post regularly about Trinity, today within an hour or so of the game ending. That doesn’t appear to be someone with no dog in the fight, so you say.Do you watch every game? Can you be specific about your comments today?
Razor21

Post by Razor21 »

nehslaxfan wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:43 pm
You have been pretty aggressive for some one with no dog in the fight. You recently joined and post regularly about Trinity, today within an hour or so of the game ending. That doesn’t appear to be someone with no dog in the fight, so you say.Do you watch every game? Can you be specific about your comments today?
+1. My best, friend’s cousin’s sister said …
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Garbagetime wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:56 pm What the hell happened at Tufts-Conn?
Tufts basically won every statistical category. The difference was Conn’s goalie, who played lights out and made 23 saves. Conn is a much better team than their record indicates.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

JumboFan4 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:35 pm
Garbagetime wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:56 pm What the hell happened at Tufts-Conn?
Tufts basically won every statistical category. The difference was Conn’s goalie, who played lights out and made 23 saves. Conn is a much better team than their record indicates.
Agreed. The stats say 23 saves for CC GK (Will Rice) and 10 for Tufts, altho I thought I saw 23 save for CC late in the 4th and then I thought he made at least 2 more. Further, he made all the saves he should have and at least three outright robberies on crease dunks. CC played hard and was well coached. Credit to the Camels. It'll be a dogfight between Hammy, CC and trinity for last two spots IMO.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:45 pm
Agreed. The stats say 23 saves for CC GK (Will Rice) and 10 for Tufts, altho I thought I saw 23 save for CC late in the 4th and then I thought he made at least 2 more. Further, he made all the saves he should have and at least three outright robberies on crease dunks. CC played hard and was well coached. Credit to the Camels. It'll be a dogfight between Hammy, CC and trinity for last two spots IMO.
Upsets occur many times because of the goalie. 23 saves is very impressive and if Conn won, the goalie would deserve a lot of the credit. Not saying that others did not play a role but 23 saves is no joke. Conn is a good team. One goal against midd and one goal game against Tufts. They should be proud of that.
SteelEngine88

Post by SteelEngine88 »

How are we feeling about Trinity’s playoff chances?
smoova

Post by smoova »

SteelEngine88 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:18 pm How are we feeling about Trinity’s playoff chances?
Bants are battling the Camels for the last playoff spot. Each is 2-4 in conference and each has 4 conference games remaining, but Trinity has the tiebreaker. I'd hazard that Trinity squeaks ahead for the 8th spot because I see those 8 games playing out like this:

Trinity
v Wes - L
v Hammy - W (this will be a great, close game)
v Colby - W
v Amherst - L

Conn
v Amherst - L
v Bates - W
v Colby - W
v Wes - L
creasecone66

Post by creasecone66 »

smoova wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:50 pm
SteelEngine88 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:18 pm How are we feeling about Trinity’s playoff chances?
Bants are battling the Camels for the last playoff spot. Each is 2-4 in conference and each has 4 conference games remaining, but Trinity has the tiebreaker. I'd hazard that Trinity squeaks ahead for the 8th spot because I see those 8 games playing out like this:

Trinity
v Wes - L
v Colby - W
v Amherst - L

Conn
v Amherst - L
v Bates - W
v Colby - W
v Wes - L
Correction with the Conn schedule: they're at Bowdoin in that third matchup. I agree they end up with the same record and Trinity gets in with the tie-breaker, but I think Trinity falls to Hamilton on the road and Conn falls to Bowdoin on the road. Shoutout to both of these teams for performing above the expectations of them set here in the nescac forum.
smoova

Post by smoova »

creasecone66 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:07 pm
smoova wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:50 pm

Trinity
v Wes - L
v Colby - W
v Amherst - L

Conn
v Amherst - L
v Bates - W
v Colby - W
v Wes - L
Correction with the Conn schedule: they're at Bowdoin in that third matchup. I agree they end up with the same record and Trinity gets in with the tie-breaker, but I think Trinity falls to Hamilton on the road and Conn falls to Bowdoin on the road. Shoutout to both of these teams for performing above the expectations of them set here in the nescac forum.
Thank you for catching that - Trinity's playoff chances looking pretty good.
UpperCorner22

Post by UpperCorner22 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:46 pm
Upsets occur many times because of the goalie. 23 saves is very impressive and if Conn won, the goalie would deserve a lot of the credit. Not saying that others did not play a role but 23 saves is no joke. Conn is a good team. One goal against midd and one goal game against Tufts. They should be proud of that.
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if the Conn goalie is over-looked for All-NESCAC (no HM crap)... it will be because they are a team on the lower end of the standings and those making those lists aren't paying attention. No... I don't "have a dog in this fight"... just want to see credit given where it's obviously deserved.
beantown_lax879

Post by beantown_lax879 »

UpperCorner22 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:11 am
The12lov3 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:46 pm
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if the Conn goalie is over-looked for All-NESCAC (no HM crap)... it will be because they are a team on the lower end of the standings and those making those lists aren't paying attention. No... I don't "have a dog in this fight"... just want to see credit given where it's obviously deserved.
Regarding the people making the lists paying attention, I believe every NESCAC end-of-season award and recognition is determined solely by the vote of the head coaches. That isn't to say they are or are not paying attention...
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

To clear a few things up, have been on for years going back to LaxPower when my son and daughter both in NESCAC at Williams and Conn respectively. Had a different name, would have kept but forgot the password during Covid years so forgive me. Secondly, I will occasionally jump in to predict some games as I do watch a lot. Have a love for D3 and this league so if that is an issue, my apologies. You will also notice, I have been complimentary of the kids and picked them to win against some of their non-conference and as recently as the Conn game which was I think we can all agree was a toss up. So am not rooting against them.

As far as their coaching is concerned, regardless of where you sit, parent of a player, fan, opponent etc you have to admit that it is not good. In this league, in my opinion you have to go by how they do against league opponents and not overall as they play so many cupcakes out of conference and their record for the past several years against NESCAC opponents is just not good. That is a fact, and they have shown little to no improvement in that area and that too is a fact. I just reviewed some of their stats for the year they are 4-37 on Man-Up. That is ridiculous. Am sorry but that is coaching. Just one guys opinion, if you think differently am absolutely open to hearing your thoughts.

No I do not watch every game, and yes I do have a good buddy who is much closer to program and get some of his insight. Lastly, not one of these guys looking for an internet brawl so sorry if I have offended anyone.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:02 am
To clear a few things up, have been on for years going back to LaxPower when my son and daughter both in NESCAC at Williams and Conn respectively. Had a different name, would have kept but forgot the password during Covid years so forgive me. Secondly, I will occasionally jump in to predict some games as I do watch a lot. Have a love for D3 and this league so if that is an issue, my apologies. You will also notice, I have been complimentary of the kids and picked them to win against some of their non-conference and as recently as the Conn game which was I think we can all agree was a toss up. So am not rooting against them.

As far as their coaching is concerned, regardless of where you sit, parent of a player, fan, opponent etc you have to admit that it is not good. In this league, in my opinion you have to go by how they do against league opponents and not overall as they play so many cupcakes out of conference and their record for the past several years against NESCAC opponents is just not good. That is a fact, and they have shown little to no improvement in that area and that too is a fact. I just reviewed some of their stats for the year they are 4-37 on Man-Up. That is ridiculous. Am sorry but that is coaching. Just one guys opinion, if you think differently am absolutely open to hearing your thoughts.

No I do not watch every game, and yes I do have a good buddy who is much closer to program and get some of his insight. Lastly, not one of these guys looking for an internet brawl so sorry if I have offended anyone.
Find it interesting that you set up a whole new profile instead of just clicking the reset password button, also that you are posting so much about Trinity even when your alumni friend who is much closer to it isn’t even posting? What was your old user name when your kids were at Conn and Williams? Even more interesting that you took the time to go through all the games to figure out what the man up performance was, yet you continue to insist that you have no dog in the fight. If this is how you act when you are disinterested I can’t imagine what yours posts were like when your kids were playing.
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

nehslaxfan wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:39 am

Find it interesting that you set up a whole new profile instead of just clicking the reset password button, also that you are posting so much about Trinity even when your alumni friend who is much closer to it isn’t even posting? What was your old user name when your kids were at Conn and Williams? Even more interesting that you took the time to go through all the games to figure out what the man up performance was, yet you continue to insist that you have no dog in the fight. If this is how you act when you are disinterested I can’t imagine what yours posts were like when your kids were playing.
Clearly you are looking for a fight so I have to assume you have a son on the team and you want to defend the program which I get. I do find it interesting that the only thing you are refuting is about me and my posting and lack of "reset" awareness than the fact that the coach and his staff are underperforming and that this program should be better. Where are you comments and thoughts about that?
jetdirect47

Post by jetdirect47 »

Anyone can cherry pick a stat. I'm not saying the man-up stat is good. However, pre-season while roaming the NCAA stats from last year, I was shocked to see that Trinity was 2nd in the country for clears. That doesn't automatically make him an amazing coach. However, clearing is a "coaching stat."

You mention you don't really watch the games. If you would have watched the Bowdoin game, you would have mentioned that. However you mentioned the Bowdoin game was poorly coached. How can you criticize the coaching of a game that you didn't watch? I didn't see the game, so I don't know how it was coached. However, looking up the scoring summary, I see it was 16-14 with under 10 minutes in the 4th. There had to be some sort of decent coaching if it was that close to a ranked team.

You mentioned your connection to the Trinity team as a "good buddy who is much closer to the program." My guess is your "buddy" is a player who quit this year or a parent of a player who quit. Kids quit teams for a variety of reason. Decades ago, some of my teammates quit, even in their senior year. Some were bitter because of the coach. Some were apathetic and wanted to drink beer in the spring with no practice. I'm guessing your "buddy" is a bitter one. I'd just tell them to move on.

I'm so confused on what you have against the Trinity coach. It seems like a person vendetta with you or your "buddy." You don't blast any other coaches. Are you just bitter because your kid's school, Conn College, lost to Trinity? Are you bitter at Coach Tarnow because he went to Salisbury? :D
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

JaxsonGrey68 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:33 am
nehslaxfan wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:39 am

Clearly you are looking for a fight so I have to assume you have a son on the team and you want to defend the program which I get. I do find it interesting that the only thing you are refuting is about me and my posting and lack of "reset" awareness than the fact that the coach and his staff are underperforming and that this program should be better. Where are you comments and thoughts about that?
Not looking for a fight in anyway just trying to figure out how someone with no connection to the program could have so much venom towards it. You state you posted in the past, if so what was your user name?
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

jetdirect47 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:37 am

Anyone can cherry pick a stat. I'm not saying the man-up stat is good. However, pre-season while roaming the NCAA stats from last year, I was shocked to see that Trinity was 2nd in the country for clears. That doesn't automatically make him an amazing coach. However, clearing is a "coaching stat."

You mention you don't really watch the games. If you would have watched the Bowdoin game, you would have mentioned that. However you mentioned the Bowdoin game was poorly coached. How can you criticize the coaching of a game that you didn't watch? I didn't see the game, so I don't know how it was coached. However, looking up the scoring summary, I see it was 16-14 with under 10 minutes in the 4th. There had to be some sort of decent coaching if it was that close to a ranked team.

You mentioned your connection to the Trinity team as a "good buddy who is much closer to the program." My guess is your "buddy" is a player who quit this year or a parent of a player who quit. Kids quit teams for a variety of reason. Decades ago, some of my teammates quit, even in their senior year. Some were bitter because of the coach. Some were apathetic and wanted to drink beer in the spring with no practice. I'm guessing your "buddy" is a bitter one. I'd just tell them to move on.

I'm so confused on what you have against the Trinity coach. It seems like a person vendetta with you or your "buddy." You don't blast any other coaches. Are you just bitter because your kid's school, Conn College, lost to Trinity? Are you bitter at Coach Tarnow because he went to Salisbury? :D
Really good point about clearing, and possessions obviously a critical success factor in games but not sure it is as much of a "coaching stat" as EMO but a good discussion point. And yes, many kids decide to cut bait and opt for beer and fun over practice especially if they are at the end of the bench and don't see a path to the field.

In terms of blasting other coaches, this is and has been a league with some really good coaching staffs. Yes GVA is getting some grief and there were folks who were ready for Lasagna to call it a day but for the most part these guys are really good and hard to argue either with their success or the direction that they are taking their program. You can also go down the list of schools even the schools at the bottom of the standings and pick out a win that they have had each year that helped to define their season, am not sure that Trinity has had one of those wins under this current staff.

Again, it is much easier to question my motives than to argue or defend the direction of the program under this current regime. That being said, am done.
DaFuqDude

Post by DaFuqDude »

Enough is Enough with TickyTacky back and forth of petty comments about the Bantams head coach... Just face it you guys are from different sides of the track...

What we should be focusing on is the fact that the NESCAC (Tied for the Best Conference in NCAA Lacrosse with the ACC (Suck it Liberty League fans)) has Dog Walked the rest of the Division 3 landscape this year. You name the conference the NESCAC has beat them.... I am having a hard time thinking of a year in recent past in which the NESCAC has truly dominated the rest of the DIII landscape.

I'm not saying that we can fully pencil in a NESCAC vs NESCAC Showdown on Memorial Day Sunday, because of those cowards at the NCAA putting all the NESCAC teams on the same side of the bracket... But I do think in a Perfect world we should and could see (pray to your respective Gods) a NESCAC Armageddon on May 28th. Get your Popcorn Ready !!!!

#JustMyThoughtsComingFromAD3JunkieRegardlessOfMyConfrenceAlligence

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”