Re: Centennial Conference 2023

Post by DuelingBanjos »

laxgeek37 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:06 am Predictable spreads for this weekend:
Ursinus -4.5 / Haverford
Muhlenberg -9.5/ Mcdaniel
Gettysburg -1.5 / SWAT
Dickinson -2.5 / WAC

What's the thoughts?
Would very confidently take the spread in 3/4 of these, with the exception being the Mules….still think they comfortably win by somewhere between 7-9 but don’t see McDaniel getting blown out by double digits.

Ursinus I like by about 6-7, lower scoring and scrappy affair, something like 12-6 or so

Gettysburg/Swat is the game of the weekend and, while I think the Garnet are vastly improved, Gburg is still the class of the league this year (and won’t have forgotten last years loss to Swat). Bullets by 4-6.

And (sadly) I think a 2.5 spread in favor of the Red Devils is a solid cover….that WAC defense is about to get peppered and tested by some high power, high shooting offenses over the next week…Dickinson/Swat/WOTS all in a 7 day span, yikes. Corrigan is going to be having some major standing on his head to do, starting on Saturday. Red Devils by about 5-6, I think. I hope not, but I think.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

Ursinus -4.5 / Haverford
Gettysburg -1.5 / SWAT
Dickinson -2.5 / WAC

What's the thoughts?
Where do I place my bets??

Think the Ursinus spread may be a little on the low side. Thinking closer to -7.5 and the Dickinson spread is more likely -3.5 to -4.5

G'burg had a big win last night and survived a resilient comeback from a quality York team. The big question for them this weekend is can their defensive midfield slow down Swats O mids. The Bullets close D is rangy, tough, and organized so its going to come down to how the midfield groups match up.

Excited to tune into this one
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

laxdad4394 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:56 am My CC Rankings at the moment:
1. Gettysburg- No surprise, talent everywhere, great coaching
2. Swarthmore- Solid defense, incredible offense, a lot of youth, team is in a great spot for next few years
3. Dickinson- Talent everywhere, very solid goalie, interesting loss to Muhlenburg
4. Ursinus- Haven't watched too much, very athletic, great offense and defense
5. F&M- Incredible young talent, if this year is not great future years will be
6. Muhlenburg- Goalie issues, unused talent, competing for the last playoff spot
7. WAC- Loved the move by Nostrant to run against Muhlenberg as it worked for Swat, team is getting better, need some great recruits
8. Haverford- The program is not getting any better
9. McDaniel- When was the last time they had a conference win?
I would push back on some of these takes. Here I think is a more interesting thought. Is this the strongest year ever in the CC?
Gettysburg is a national championship contender
Best Swarthmore team ever?
Dickinson definitely can score
Ursinus has a veteran group who has played in huge games
F&M has a great offense and some great young talent
Muhlenberg nearly beats the 2 time reigning champions
Washington seems to be on the up and up
Haverford is still a growing program and has had some close games vs some pretty good programs
Heck McDaniel record is 7-5

Everyone in this conference has gotten better since last season which definitely is impressive
laxrat1982

Post by laxrat1982 »

Ursinus -4.5 / Haverford
Gettysburg -1.5 / SWAT
Dickinson -2.5 / WAC

What's the thoughts?

I’m going with:
Ursinus 16
Haverford 8
Haverford hangs close for about 3Q but Ursinus’ experienced O hits the back of the net in Q4.

Muhlenberg 14
McDaniel 8
Not predicting a blow out which is nothing against the Mules, just think McDaniel is better than they have been in a while with a strong goalie

Dickinson 16
WAC 13
Dickinson has a lot of offensive firepower but I think WAC offense will be able to score to keep it close. Another team much improved this year and on the ups.

Gettysburg 13
Swat 11
This one will be interesting and ultimately, I could go either way on who comes out on top. I can see swats talented offense coming out strong and holding onto a lead for a bit, but gburgs defensive strength and offensive experience taking the lead and holding it towards the end when it matters most. Both teams will be in playoffs and may see each other again with the loser of this game possibly taking the W the next.

The CC this year is fun to watch. Almost anyone can beat anyone if they show up. Very strong this year with every team showing improvements from last year.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:13 am
2. Swarthmore- Solid defense, incredible offense, a lot of youth, team is in a great spot for next few years
3. Dickinson- Talent everywhere, very solid goalie, interesting loss to Muhlenburg
6. Muhlenburg- Goalie issues, unused talent, competing for the last playoff spot
7. WAC- Loved the move by Nostrant to run against Muhlenberg as it worked for Swat, team is getting better, need some great recruits
I would push back on some of these takes. Here I think is a more interesting thought. Is this the strongest year ever in the CC?
Haverford is still a growing program and has had some close games vs some pretty good programs

Everyone in this conference has gotten better since last season which definitely is impressive
Top to bottom this could be one of the strongest years, but 2010-14 was elite as well:
- Dickinson was #1 in the country for a long stretch and had one of the best players in the country (Palladino) - ran into Salisbury in 2nd round
- G'burg was top 10
- WAC was top 10 - with some of the best offensive talent the conference has ever seen (Cord/Nowicki)
- F&M was consistently strong and played in the CC championship multiple times
- Ursinus was on the come up and established the foundation for the consistently Top 20 team we see today
- Haverford was a legitimate threat - won the CC in 2010 and NC contender
- McDaniel, Swat, Mules struggled but also had their share of upsets (Mules beat G'burg 2x during this time frame)

The parody in the CC 2010 is insane - with 6 different teams winning the conference. Before then it was only G'burg or WAC from '94-2010 .
laxgeek37

Post by laxgeek37 »

WashedUp06 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:47 am
Ursinus -4.5 / Haverford
Gettysburg -1.5 / SWAT
Dickinson -2.5 / WAC

What's the thoughts?
Where do I place my bets??

Think the Ursinus spread may be a little on the low side. Thinking closer to -7.5 and the Dickinson spread is more likely -3.5 to -4.5

G'burg had a big win last night and survived a resilient comeback from a quality York team. The big question for them this weekend is can their defensive midfield slow down Swats O mids. The Bullets close D is rangy, tough, and organized so its going to come down to how the midfield groups match up.

Excited to tune into this one
FANLAX sports book soon?!?!? Give the people what they want!
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

WashedUp06 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:18 am
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:13 am

Top to bottom this could be one of the strongest years, but 2010-14 was elite as well:
- Dickinson was #1 in the country for a long stretch and had one of the best players in the country (Palladino) - ran into Salisbury in 2nd round
- G'burg was top 10
- WAC was top 10 - with some of the best offensive talent the conference has ever seen (Cord/Nowicki)
- F&M was consistently strong and played in the CC championship multiple times
- Ursinus was on the come up and established the foundation for the consistently Top 20 team we see today
- Haverford was a legitimate threat - won the CC in 2010 and NC contender
- McDaniel, Swat, Mules struggled but also had their share of upsets (Mules beat G'burg 2x during this time frame)

The parody in the CC 2010 is insane - with 6 different teams winning the conference. Before then it was only G'burg or WAC from '94-2010 .

I’m referring to one single season. I do not expect to be the conference to be this strong next season
laxdad4394

Post by laxdad4394 »

Ursinus -4.5 / Haverford
Gettysburg -1.5 / SWAT
Dickinson -2.5 / WAC

What's the thoughts?
Think Ursinus will win by more than this. Haverford needs their goalie to have another phenomenal performance for Ursinus to not run away.
I like the Muhlenberg take, however, it might be a bit closer as Muhlenberg seems to struggler against zones this year and McDaniel loves their zone.
I think Dickinson will win by more than this. WAC has most definitely improved, but not this much. Dickinson is still crazy talented. Dickinson -6

I don't know what to think about this Gettysburg game. Swat has been on fire, but I think a lot needs to go right for them to pull this one off. They do have a one-week rest and preparation on their side, while Gettysburg only has 2 days. Swat needs their goalie to have another 60%+ performance. They also need Gettysburg to forget the upset from last year. Gettysburg D might have the personnel to slow down the Swarthmore offense, but I think Swat defense has also been very strong.
Gettysburg 8-7 OT
laxfan2782

Post by laxfan2782 »

laxdad4394 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:47 am
Ursinus -4.5 / Haverford
Gettysburg -1.5 / SWAT
Dickinson -2.5 / WAC

What's the thoughts?
Think Ursinus will win by more than this. Haverford needs their goalie to have another phenomenal performance for Ursinus to not run away.
I like the Muhlenberg take, however, it might be a bit closer as Muhlenberg seems to struggler against zones this year and McDaniel loves their zone.
I think Dickinson will win by more than this. WAC has most definitely improved, but not this much. Dickinson is still crazy talented. Dickinson -6

I don't know what to think about this Gettysburg game. Swat has been on fire, but I think a lot needs to go right for them to pull this one off. They do have a one-week rest and preparation on their side, while Gettysburg only has 2 days. Swat needs their goalie to have another 60%+ performance. They also need Gettysburg to forget the upset from last year. Gettysburg D might have the personnel to slow down the Swarthmore offense, but I think Swat defense has also been very strong.
Gettysburg 8-7 OT
Tough day for the Haverford Ursinus predictions, Haverford looking like Leo DiCaprio in the Revenant killing the bears with a nice settled battle into a blowout fourth quarter. Gettysburg game getting real interesting right now!
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Congratulations to Swarthmore they play a great game. They are as a complete a team as the Bullets have played all year. They are well coached, quick, and aggressive on defense. They have put the rest of the CC on notice, I don't see anyone remaining on their schedule beating them. Having said that, Gettysburg was in complete control of the game and took their foot off of the pedal and once Swarthmore got momentum they just never stopped. The rest of the season should be very interesting.
GO BULLETS!
westernbestern

Post by westernbestern »

WAC v Dickinson a tale of 2 halves. WAC goes up 9-3 in the 1st, Dickinson responds with a 12-3 2nd half
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

Standings and (remaining Centennial games):

3-0 Swarthmore (WAC, Dickinson, Ursinus, McDaniel, Haverford)
3-1 Gettysburg (F&M, Muhlenberg, Dickinson, WAC)
3-1 Muhlenberg (Ursinus, Gettysburg, Haverford, F&M)
2-1 Dickinson (McDaniel, Swat, Gettysburg, Haverford, Ursinus)
2-2 Washington (Swat, F&M, Ursinus, Gettysburg)
1-2 Ursinus (Muhlenberg, F&M, Swat, WAC, Dickinson)
1-2 F&M (Gettysburg, Ursinus, WAC, Muhlenberg, McDaniel)
1-3 Haverford (McDaniel, Muhlenberg, Dickinson, Swat)
0-4 McDaniel (Dickinson, Haverford, Swat, F&M)

Good luck predicting this finish :lol: :lol: :lol:
laxdad4394

Post by laxdad4394 »

Thoughts:

Swarthmore has played the best teams there are going to. I can see them going undefeated going into conference playoffs, but also 6-2 with losses to Ursinus and Dickinson.
Gettysburg is an incredible and mature team. I think they will win out and will see Swat in the conference finals, and earn their revenge.
Dickinson and Ursinus can beat any conference team on any given day, but are overshadowed by the greatness of Gettysburg and firepower and run of Swarthmore. Ursinus took a bad loss to Haverford, and I would love for somoene to share more details regarding that game.
F&M is well coached and has brilliant young talent, I can see them competing next year.
Muhlenberg- I want to keep it respectful to will not say that much, but I am just incredbly disappointed by their performance compared to their talent.
WAC has a great record and performed very well in the first half of their game today, but I really do not see any improvement from last year. They played their easiest conference games already, and now may lose a bunch in a row.
McDaniel may be my favorite team to watch. They play with so much heart despite always being overlooked. They performed amazing against Muhlenberg today, and I can see such incredible progress. I believe they'll earn their first conference win since 2019 against Haverford.
Haverford- Not doing great coming into today. Stunning win vs Ursinus, but I think they're still a bottom dweller.

Please share comments
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

laxdad4394 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:55 pm Thoughts:

Swarthmore has played the best teams there are going to. I can see them going undefeated going into conference playoffs, but also 6-2 with losses to Ursinus and Dickinson.
Gettysburg is an incredible and mature team. I think they will win out and will see Swat in the conference finals, and earn their revenge.
Dickinson and Ursinus can beat any conference team on any given day, but are overshadowed by the greatness of Gettysburg and firepower and run of Swarthmore. Ursinus took a bad loss to Haverford, and I would love for somoene to share more details regarding that game.
F&M is well coached and has brilliant young talent, I can see them competing next year.
Muhlenberg- I want to keep it respectful to will not say that much, but I am just incredbly disappointed by their performance compared to their talent.
WAC has a great record and performed very well in the first half of their game today, but I really do not see any improvement from last year. They played their easiest conference games already, and now may lose a bunch in a row.
McDaniel may be my favorite team to watch. They play with so much heart despite always being overlooked. They performed amazing against Muhlenberg today, and I can see such incredible progress. I believe they'll earn their first conference win since 2019 against Haverford.
Haverford- Not doing great coming into today. Stunning win vs Ursinus, but I think they're still a bottom dweller.

Please share comments
Takeaways from the weekend
1. Congrats to Swat I do think a slip up is coming though. Gettysburg was better and lack of adjustments cost then the game. Gress is the elder statesman in the conference but I can’t see him winning it all
2 Gettysburg tossed that game away, poor goaltending and Faceoff play will be their demise. Why do I look at their sideline and only see 2 coaches? Where is OKeefe?? They need a FO/goalie coach. Talent is elite; expectations are there
3. Who are the Red Devils? they can score but why is their defense making their goalkeeper look so poor. They miss Klipstein. Talent is there to score. Webster will have them much improved next time out. Need another year on defense to mesh
4. Muhlenberg struggled but found a way. May with some big saves. Offense needs to show up with amount of upperclassmen ok it.
5. Ursinus…,, play hard but are so undisciplined. Won’t make the playoffs.
6. F&M off just beat Ursinus
7. Washington had a tremendous first half/start but the defense isn’t there yet. Great goalie play is basically our defensive strategy
8. Haverford. Great win with great goalie play. Could steal another. Taylor has a knack for beating Ursinus
9. McDaniel. Turning the corner after some awful seasons. Coaching doing more with less. Dibartolo always finds a way to get the most out of goalies( Gettysburg could use him now)
laxgeek37

Post by laxgeek37 »

:roll:

Please share comments
Like these takes a lot.

SWAT is no joke. But I think anybody can beat anybody any given day in the CC. SWAT better be dialed in or else they’ll drop a game to wac who somehow lost to Dickinson in a game they DOMINATED the first half. Will be a shootout Wednesday
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

A deep-dive into the conference stats suggests we may all be missing the biggest dark-horse playoff contender...
hopkins.png
hopkins.png (93.82 KiB) Viewed 879 times
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

laxgeek37 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:48 pm :roll:

Please share comments
Like these takes a lot.

SWAT is no joke. But I think anybody can beat anybody any given day in the CC. SWAT better be dialed in or else they’ll drop a game to wac who somehow lost to Dickinson in a game they DOMINATED the first half. Will be a shootout Wednesday
Not sure dominated is the word I’d use. Dickinson was way ahead on every single category except saves. WACs goalie had 14 saves and 3 goals against and dickinsons goalie had 1 save and 9 goals against at halftime. That was the difference .
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

SixBySix wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:03 pm A deep-dive into the conference stats suggests we may all be missing the biggest dark-horse playoff contender...

hopkins.png
What are you trying to make us look at? Surely not the 166 goals for WAC.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

We are in for a fun few weeks, as the conference playoffs are pretty much wide open right now and all the games this weekend were competitive!

Mules v Ursinus game on Wednesday is a very intriguing match-up with 2 teams that have been "underperforming" the past few games. Both teams can be contenders but havent necessarily played to their full potential in the past month or so...2 physical teams and should be a thriller!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”