NCAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
twomuchtoo

Re: NCAC 2023

Post by twomuchtoo »

Agreed that the hit was not worthy of any more than a one minute penalty and it did affect the outcome. However, result also could have been substantially affected by a 3 minute penalty to Kenyon earlier in the game had Denison taken full advantage and would have put the game out of reach to Kenyon much earlier.
bulldodge97

Post by bulldodge97 »

Wah wah wah...too much whining about a "what if" situation. The result is the result. Pretty likely there will be a rematch at some point in early May. If Denison is truly the better team, they will have an opportunity to prove it then.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

bulldodge97 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:24 am Wah wah wah...too much whining about a "what if" situation. The result is the result. Pretty likely there will be a rematch at some point in early May. If Denison is truly the better team, they will have an opportunity to prove it then.
Agreed... Denison lost the game. The rematch if there is one, will be the one that really counts.

Get back to work and get ready for the Scottish Terriers on Wednesday! Don't let there be any reason for doubt in this game.

GO BIG RED
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Nosey Ned wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:40 pm
bulldodge97 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:24 am Wah wah wah...too much whining about a "what if" situation. The result is the result. Pretty likely there will be a rematch at some point in early May. If Denison is truly the better team, they will have an opportunity to prove it then.
Agreed... Denison lost the game. The rematch if there is one, will be the one that really counts.

Get back to work and get ready for the Scottish Terriers on Wednesday! Don't let there be any reason for doubt in this game.

GO BIG RED
Aw, c'mon. That's no fun. What kind of lax bro are you? Let me guess -- you probably applaud nice saves by the opposing team and don't scream "WARD!" at the refs at least 3X per game. 8-)
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Can Opener wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:49 pm
Nosey Ned wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:40 pm

GO BIG RED
Aw, c'mon. That's no fun. What kind of lax bro are you? Let me guess -- you probably applaud nice saves by the opposing team and don't scream "WARD!" at the refs at least 3X per game. 8-)
Haha ... I'm working on myself and my therapist has suggested I try and take the "high road" after this loss!

It is tough though, I will admit!
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

I have to give Kenyon credit for playing hard and wanting it more for a full 60 minutes, but the Big Red gave this one away. Denison is the better team and missing a bunch of players right now. I think when they get back to full strength from all of their injuries, they will roll through the NCAC playoffs.
droliver

Post by droliver »

oldtimelax wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:31 am I don't have a dog in this either, but if you see the still shot, the Kenyon player had gotten off the shot, the Denison player was coming in late and commits a cross check and a possible helmet on helmet hit. Three officials all threw their flags. To say nothing happened is what is absurd....
a) wasn't a cross check as he was actually turning his back to him when they hit
b) wasn't helmet to helmet
c) he didn't go out of his way to blow the guy up (as he spun off the hit into position to make a play on the ball rather then extending through him)

In slo-motion he may have been 1 step late, but that kind of hit in front of the goal happens half a dozen times or more per game in college play and isn't called unless it's particularly egregious.
redhoya

Post by redhoya »

Today's game between Denison and Wooster has been postponed. The "wrath of the Fighting Scots" (a/k/a "Scottish Terriers") will have to wait. Next up, York. Tough match.

Go Big Red!
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Denison vs York tomorrow at York. Would prefer if the Spartans had to travel but perhaps it’s good the Big Red return to the place where they were eliminated in such a dismissive manner last year. Help them remember to get off to a good start.

For Denison to prevail in this one, they will need the same recipe as the Gettysburg win. Meaning this can’t be run and gun game. Slow and methodical, the winner can’t have more than 10 goals. To accomplish that the Big Red will need to again, have twice as many saves as the opponent - reaching at least 15 saves, win 70% of face offs, win the GB battle, have no EMO goals against. Do those things again and they have better than a puncher’s chance to come out on top over a very good York team.

Don’t replicate the above and chances are York wins by 4.

I know it sounds like a tall order but no one thought they’d beat the Bullets either. Hopefully Denison will have gotten some key players back from injury giving them a very timely “shot in arm”.

Denison 10-9

GO BIG RED
grelch

Post by grelch »

Was the Wooster PPD weather related?
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

Denison has got seven games schedules over the next three weeks. Making up the Wooster game, in Wooster, is going to be difficult.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

oldtimelax wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:31 am Three officials all threw their flags. To say nothing happened is what is absurd....
Haven't seen the play, but fun fact from the officials' POV: any time all three throw a flag on the same play, that's a pretty big officiating screw up. Means at least one, and likely two guys weren't watching what they are supposed to. Only trail should be flagging late hits on shooters, as lead and single should be focused on the outcome of the shot.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Good point Six. Unfortunately you see that all too often. INMHO it's usually the officials' way of sending a message that says, "Don't even think about arguing. We all agree!" Officials are so worried about appearing confused or indecisive, that they'll stick together no matter the correctness.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

York doubles up on Denison, 16-8. Big Red lead 4-3 after 1Q, but 6-0 burst in 2Q turned the game around. Spartans had the ball the entire quarter, playing make it, take it.

Other big upset, Swarthmore takes down Gettysburg in OT.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Looks like Woo will become irrelevant again if this result holds.
bulldodge97

Post by bulldodge97 »

I'll give props to OWU for getting it done, but I definitely don't think Wooster played their best game of lacrosse. Sloppy O for the Scots, and OWU took advantage in transition. All that being said, the NCAC is still as wide open as it's been in the last decade. No team is cake walking to the title this year
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

Great win by my Bishops, proud of the young Bishop team and it is clear they are the premier team in the NCAC. Things will run through Selby Stadium going forward. Nice job Coach Mikey.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

My first time watching these teams. I put them almost on the level of a Kean or a Clark.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

SKUD wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:52 pm My first time watching these teams. I put them almost on the level of a Kean or a Clark.
SKUD you don't know ball. Clark is one of the worst teams in the world and Kean barely beat Salve Regina for god sake. Go wipe your ass because you really stink.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Your analysis is accurate of Clark and Kean and those teams would be on par with what I just watched from OWU and WOO. Big dawg keep smoking the good stuff.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”