2023 FanLax Forum Poll

D3 Mens Lacrosse
BIGDAWG

Re: 2023 FanLax Forum Poll

Post by BIGDAWG »

Tigerlax70 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:09 pm
BIGDAWG wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:12 am Happy to see Wooster getting their continued respect. I would have put them at 2 in my poll based on their undefeated record, just above Tufts who still needs to prove themselves. Surprised Nosey had Denison so high? I wouldn't have put them above 27 in my ranking. NCAC does look like the best conference in lacrosse though so I'm smiling :mrgreen:
Surely you jest. Wooster would struggle to finish in the top half of the NESEAC. Their undefeated record has been accomplished against teams I regularly see in the first round of the NCAA Tournament who get an AQ and then get their brains beat in in the first round by double digit scores. Based on SOS, Wooster may garner some Top 20 votes. Long way to go for relevancy. Contrary to popular opinion, Polls are not a feel good exercise. They should reflect who the voters feel are the best teams in the country based on a full body of work. While their 11-0 record may impress the mothers and fathers of the current team, nobody on this forum would confuse wins over Brockport, Albion and Oberlin with Tufts, CNU or York. If they can hang with Denison in their next game, I might give them some respect. Your stated post of having Wooster at #2 based on their undefeated season makes a mockery of your intent. “Just above Tufts who just needs to prove themselves”. Tufts would lay 20 goals on Wooster in the first half and their 3rd and 4ths would intensify the carnage.
Surely you have proven that you do not know the strength of midwest lacrosse. It saddens me to see how angry you have become over your precious D3 polls, though last time I checked, undefeated is better than not undefeated. You have shown you don't know ball as Albion and Oberlin are quality teams who would finish in the top half of your overinflated NESCAC. You also don't seem to understand that College of Wooster on a midweek night is the hardest venue in college lacrosse. Wooster is scrappy, gritty, and skilled and would most likely beat Tufts at their own game. Hey Tigerlax, pick your pants up! Your elitism is showing!
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

BIGDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:06 am
BIGDAWG wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:12 am Happy to see Wooster getting their continued respect. I would have put them at 2 in my poll based on their undefeated record, just above Tufts who still needs to prove themselves. Surprised Nosey had Denison so high? I wouldn't have put them above 27 in my ranking. NCAC does look like the best conference in lacrosse though so I'm smiling :mrgreen:
Surely you jest. Wooster would struggle to finish in the top half of the NESEAC. Their undefeated record has been accomplished against teams I regularly see in the first round of the NCAA Tournament who get an AQ and then get their brains beat in in the first round by double digit scores. Based on SOS, Wooster may garner some Top 20 votes. Long way to go for relevancy. Contrary to popular opinion, Polls are not a feel good exercise. They should reflect who the voters feel are the best teams in the country based on a full body of work. While their 11-0 record may impress the mothers and fathers of the current team, nobody on this forum would confuse wins over Brockport, Albion and Oberlin with Tufts, CNU or York. If they can hang with Denison in their next game, I might give them some respect. Your stated post of having Wooster at #2 based on their undefeated season makes a mockery of your intent. “Just above Tufts who just needs to prove themselves”. Tufts would lay 20 goals on Wooster in the first half and their 3rd and 4ths would intensify the carnage.
Surely you have proven that you do not know the strength of midwest lacrosse. It saddens me to see how angry you have become over your precious D3 polls, though last time I checked, undefeated is better than not undefeated. You have shown you don't know ball as Albion and Oberlin are quality teams who would finish in the top half of your overinflated NESCAC. You also don't seem to understand that College of Wooster on a midweek night is the hardest venue in college lacrosse. Wooster is scrappy, gritty, and skilled and would most likely beat Tufts at their own game. Hey Tigerlax, pick your pants up! Your elitism is showing!
I love these parody accounts.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

You are smoking Crack with that Tufts comment. Not saying that Wooster is not a respectable team but have you seen Tufts play this year. They are a level above most of the teams in division3. This might be the most complete team that they have EVER. They can kill you offensively like in years past but can also shut teams down. Every game has been a blowout except for Amherst and they have blown out some pretty good teams. The only games that were close in score were the Amherst and Middlebury games but those who saw Middlebury would attest that they got blown out.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:21 am
You are smoking Crack with that Tufts comment. Not saying that Wooster is not a respectable team but have you seen Tufts play this year. They are a level above most of the teams in division3. This might be the most complete team that they have EVER. They can kill you offensively like in years past but can also shut teams down. Every game has been a blowout except for Amherst and they have blown out some pretty good teams. The only games that were close in score were the Amherst and Middlebury games but those who saw Middlebury would attest that they got blown out.
I have heard year in and year out that "this" Tufts team is the best EVER, but year in and year out they come up short. Its clear you haven't watched any of the Wooster games, so until you do I don't think you are qualified to comment. Tufts would struggle against Wooster and most NCAC teams this year, the brand of lacrosse they play is more complete and overall grittier than the little baby blue elephants.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

BIGDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:25 am
I have heard year in and year out that "this" Tufts team is the best EVER, but year in and year out they come up short. Its clear you haven't watched any of the Wooster games, so until you do I don't think you are qualified to comment. Tufts would struggle against Wooster and most NCAC teams this year, the brand of lacrosse they play is more complete and overall grittier than the little baby blue elephants.
BIGDAWG - last time I checked Wooster was neither on the inside lacrosse top 30 nor the lax magazine top 20 in division 3. I guess you know better then the people that actually do this full time who the best teams in the country are. You keep smoking your drugs but most people on this forum would take Tufts, RIT, Amherst, St Lawrence, CNP, Salisbury and many other over your precious Wooster team on any field, any day of the week, any time of the year. Nuff said.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:36 am
BIGDAWG - last time I checked Wooster was neither on the inside lacrosse top 30 nor the lax magazine top 20 in division 3. I guess you know better then the people that actually do this full time who the best teams in the country are. You keep smoking your drugs but most people on this forum would take Tufts, RIT, Amherst, St Lawrence, CNP, Salisbury and many other over your precious Wooster team on any field, any day of the week, any time of the year. Nuff said.
First of all, you keep bringing up drug use which seems to be very prevalent on your mind. If this is a cry for help here is a hotline to help you toward recovery 1-800-662-4357. It does sadden me to see you take aggressive blows at my judgment and Wooster. Says a lot about your fragile existence. Championships aren't won in the polls my friend, they are won in May. And as far as I've seen Wooster and Tufts have the same amount over the last few years. This year however WILL belong to the Fighting Scots.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

BIGDAWG wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:45 am
The12lov3 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:36 am
First of all, you keep bringing up drug use which seems to be very prevalent on your mind. If this is a cry for help here is a hotline to help you toward recovery 1-800-662-4357. It does sadden me to see you take aggressive blows at my judgment and Wooster. Says a lot about your fragile existence. Championships aren't won in the polls my friend, they are won in May. And as far as I've seen Wooster and Tufts have the same amount over the last few years. This year however WILL belong to the Fighting Scots.
Child Please
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:36 am BIGDAWG - last time I checked Wooster was neither on the inside lacrosse top 30 nor the lax magazine top 20 in division 3.
FWIW I would absolutely trust the aggregate FanLax poll over either of the "official" polls, and I would probably put more faith in about half of the individual FanLax voters as well. That said, turn on your sarcasm detector, my dude.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:40 am I love these parody accounts.
They really are funny, but only to a point. After that, the bombast begins to make a mockery of the team, which is not fair to the players.
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

I agree that Wooster is having a nice season and should be proud.

But, have they ever won a conference championship?
Have they ever beaten a top 5 team?
How many NCAA tourneys have the made?
Final Fours?
National Championships?

I wish them well and am excited to see how they finish up this year. But until they accomplish something more than a nice little win streak they should not be in the same conversation as Tufts. Tufts has beaten 6 ranked teams this season. And over the last 20 years has won 11 Nescac championships and has won 3 national championships.

As my buddies uncle loved to say when comparing the Yankees and Red Sox, "Do The Math."
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

I have Wooster at #19. Based on their Losses, they're, for obvious reasons, ranked #1 (along with others). Including Tufts and Christopher Newport ahead of them and Farmingdale, Pfeiffer, Trine, Johnson & Wales, and Hartford behind them. In terms of wins, Wooster is ranked #30. Their three best wins are against Elizabethtown, Colorado College, and Oberlin. Which is good. Better than Farmingdale's, Pfeiffer's, etc.'s wins. But for sure not better than Tufts and CNU's wins (whose Win Rankings are #1 and #2) with Ws vs. Middlebury, Amherst, Lynchburg and RIT, Lynchburg, W&L. Tufts currently has the #1 W and #1 L Rankings. That's tough to beat...
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov
ergit

Post by ergit »

FanLax Computer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:29 pm I have Wooster at #19. Based on their Losses, they're, for obvious reasons, ranked #1 (along with others). Including Tufts and Christopher Newport ahead of them and Farmingdale, Pfeiffer, Trine, Johnson & Wales, and Hartford behind them. In terms of wins, Wooster is ranked #30. Their three best wins are against Elizabethtown, Colorado College, and Oberlin. Which is good. Better than Farmingdale's, Pfeiffer's, etc.'s wins. But for sure not better than Tufts and CNU's wins (whose Win Rankings are #1 and #2) with Ws vs. Middlebury, Amherst, Lynchburg and RIT, Lynchburg, W&L. Tufts currently has the #1 W and #1 L Rankings. That's tough to beat...
BIGDAWG is a troll. Nothing else.
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

smoova wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:30 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:40 am I love these parody accounts.
They really are funny, but only to a point. After that, the bombast begins to make a mockery of the team, which is not fair to the players.
^ this is important to remember. The team should be proud that they've controlled what they can control (which many teams do not do). Sorry to see the Denison game was postponed.
Hacker

Post by Hacker »

This is getting complicated.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Hacker wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:40 pm This is getting complicated.
It's a fantastic puzzle.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Reminder: FanLax Forum Polls are due on Monday (Today) at noon EST. Enjoy this weekend's games. Forum Poll Link (with Submission Links towards the bottom of the page). All are welcome to submit a ranking.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jlibcon

Post by jlibcon »

FanLax Computer wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:29 pm I have Wooster at #19. Based on their Losses, they're, for obvious reasons, ranked #1 (along with others). Including Tufts and Christopher Newport ahead of them and Farmingdale, Pfeiffer, Trine, Johnson & Wales, and Hartford behind them. In terms of wins, Wooster is ranked #30. Their three best wins are against Elizabethtown, Colorado College, and Oberlin. Which is good. Better than Farmingdale's, Pfeiffer's, etc.'s wins. But for sure not better than Tufts and CNU's wins (whose Win Rankings are #1 and #2) with Ws vs. Middlebury, Amherst, Lynchburg and RIT, Lynchburg, W&L. Tufts currently has the #1 W and #1 L Rankings. That's tough to beat...
Albion was a better win than Oberlin https://masseyratings.com/clax/ncaa-d3/ratings but I digress, we (Albion) got smoked by RIT in the playoffs last year and I fully expect that to happen again this year. That is not to say Midwest lacrosse does not get overlooked due to East coast bias, because I think it does. But there is reality and I like to live there. Wooster was a good team, I thought we could of beat them had we been fully healthy. They would get destroyed by Tufts though, sorry that is just fact. Still though, very nice season and they should be proud.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Hacker's submission omits Tufts so I didn't include it.

Hacker
Salisbury
RIT
Christopher Newport
Middlebury
St. Lawrence
Gettysburg
Swarthmore
Lynchburg
Stevens
Amherst
Clarkson
Ithaca
Kenyon
Wesleyan
Williams
Bowdoin
Washington and Lee
Union
York
Dickinson
Cabrini
Wooster
Babson
Denison
Roanoke

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
charliefayispredator

Post by charliefayispredator »

MrLax2U wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:21 pm
Did not qualify and should not ever be considered as part of a very serious Division 3 lacrosse blog discussion about championship contenders:

-Denison
I think Big Red has a solid chance to run the balance of their 2023 schedule into May. Depending on the new bracket system they could have a decent shot at RIT in a semi. I consider Big Red - Best of the West. Thank you for posting.
Oh, no :(
smoova

Post by smoova »

It is interesting to see where folks have Wesleyan and Amherst in this week's polls. Suggests that mid-week games may be discounted/overlooked by many pollsters.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”