PODCASTS

General Chatter
youthathletics

PODCASTS

Post by youthathletics »

Went on a long drive this weekend and listened to this: Joe Rogan Experience #1139 - Jordan Peterson

Some very in-depth discussions on a multitude of topics.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Re: PODCASTS

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

I like the youtube comment in your video link about the stoic Jordan Peterson. This clip:
https://blog.supplysideliberal.com/post ... -situation
reminded me of the scene in A Man in Full where Conrad Hensley is trying the stoic argument against cowardice on Charlie Croker.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Listened to a few Podcasts on my recent 2000 mile road trip, you need a free account on Spotify for the full interviews.

This one was quite enthralling, full of archeological discussion and middle /last part in this clip from Carlson, that speaks on the research taking place about 'implosion' and planetary powerplant from N. Tesla and the recent works of M. Bendall:

Another one that was equally intriguing was from Will Harris, who operates a Regenerative Farm, where run-off water is pure, and the farm is actually reducing carbon emission, which is counter to the propaganda we hear. Will is a great listen, quite scary about the hormone implants in most all our meat products......certainly worth your time. One of his references.

Ryan Graves - F18 Fighter pilot, pushing for more data and intelleigne on UAP's that are visual more and more.

Matt Walsh, who recently finished a film "What is Woman": Right leaning for sure, but a solid conversation.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:24 am Another one that was equally intriguing was from Will Harris, who operates a Regenerative Farm,
the Will Harris podcast was excellent.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:24 am Another one that was equally intriguing was from Will Harris, who operates a Regenerative Farm,
One of the breweries I trained at in Germany in the mid 90's operated like what he's describing.....same for two of the distilleries I apprenticed at in Austria.

Is it a farm first or a brewery/distillery first? You can't tell. Most of the distillery licenses in Germany and Austria are farm-licensed. Distilling is a way to efficiently use the fruit you can't bring to market for whatever reason.

And at the brewery.....farmed the barley-malted the barley-brewed with it-spent grains to cattle-cattle turned into steaks etc.-served at guesthouse/hotel....cows fertilized the barley....you get the idea.

It was brilliant, and had been running like this for 100 years.....sustainable before it was called sustainable.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:45 pm
One of the breweries I trained at in Germany in the mid 90's operated like what he's describing.....same for two of the distilleries I apprenticed at in Austria.

Is it a farm first or a brewery/distillery first? You can't tell. Most of the distillery licenses in Germany and Austria are farm-licensed. Distilling is a way to efficiently use the fruit you can't bring to market for whatever reason.

And at the brewery.....farmed the barley-malted the barley-brewed with it-spent grains to cattle-cattle turned into steaks etc.-served at guesthouse/hotel....cows fertilized the barley....you get the idea.

It was brilliant, and had been running like this for 100 years.....sustainable before it was called sustainable.
You'd certainly appreciate his story on how he got to this point. Although, he was fortunate to be handed a generational successful farm with discretionary income to all the farm to bear fruit. He also as an anecdotal story about being screwed by the USDA for compensation, almost as if they are trying to make his livelihood that much more cumbersome.
~Livy

HooDat

Post by HooDat »

You could do the same with your Three Pins - forage local ingredients :ugeek:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:08 pm

You'd certainly appreciate his story on how he got to this point. Although, he was fortunate to be handed a generational successful farm with discretionary income to all the farm to bear fruit. He also as an anecdotal story about being screwed by the USDA for compensation, almost as if they are trying to make his livelihood that much more cumbersome.
Digging Deep: How to Feed the World With Perennial Food Crops

https://hasanjasim.online/digging-deep- ... u0-W534_PU
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

About halfway through this one...riveting:

~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Some really great guests recently. These past episodes (part1&2) where from USAFA Grad, Nuclear Officer, ex-CIA Operative....Andrew Bustamante. Speak a bunch about Ukraine, Russia, China.

https://www.youtube.com/@ShawnRyanShowOfficial/videos
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Another great PODCAST from one of the survivors that was in the gun battle in Benghazi, shot 22 times with his arm hanging off from a mortar:

~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:03 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 6:31 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:14 pm Worth listening to latest SRS Podcast, how an active duty Naval Officer is fighting top brass in Navy over his name and death of a BUDS participant post Hell Week. It is riveting.
Not at all a fan of Shawn Ryan, much less many of his guests.
I definitely don't want to add to his YouTube count.

Summary of situation?

Is this relevant to this year's election?
Or more to the discussion re Tailhook, culture, etc?
Not surprised you are not a fan, you don’t seem too concerned about military men and women, their mental health, and struggles post military service, not to mention his entire intention to help this in the SOF community. Shooting the messenger before understating the message….carry on.
He provides a platform to pretty darn reprehensible conspiracy theorists and propagandists. I would not.

So, I repeat what I just said as well as the last time you posted about his podcast.

If there's something particularly relevant to some aspect of our discussion I'll pay attention to what you have to say about it. does it?

However, I find your comment pretty darn offensive, as I've previously shared that my family has lost a 26 year old young man who experienced head traumas in the military and died of an opiod overdose. I've also shared that I have multiple young men who I coached, friends of my son, who have gone
into military service. One is a SEAL who was recently in Africa, now in the Arctic last we heard. I have personal reasons to be "concerned".
Moved this to another spot.....sorry for the delay, was on vacation and dropped of social media for ~10 days.

Yes, it was prescient, b/c it shows how the military has gaps in their processes, that can, and do create ambiguity.

So what if he has some tinfoil hat people on the show, just don't listen to those episodes if you don't like the guest. The goal of a podcast to hear other peoples perspectives, life stories, that one would often otherwise never hear....it seems you only want to pick winners and losers, after the fact, and somehow you find a way to shoot the guy providing us this opportunity. I mean, Shawn might say 4 minutes of content in a 4 hour podcast, which are merely questions, while we listen to the guests.

I'd encourage you to listen to the recent podcast of Cap't Brad Geary.....USNA Grad --> SEAL --> DEVGRU (Gold Squadron), --> Commanding officer of Naval Special Warfare Basic Training Command. It is over six hours, I believe you would enjoy it.

If you care about our military men and women as you claim, then one would think you'd want to learn more about their immersed military lifestyle ....but sure SRS does not provide that from those that HAVE endured this and helping others navigate the struggles associated with this service.

Maybe, you could learn something from those speaking out about their struggles, while conveying how they navigated recovery through means other than the VA, which often fails them. Not to mention, how they are taught to not show weakness or even ask for help. Maybe, just maybe....you can help one of those you coached...

I prefer Spotify so I can listen while driving.

Some Reddit commentary: https://www.reddit.com/r/JSOCarchive/co ... orce_seo=1

~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:51 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:14 pm Worth listening to latest SRS Podcast, how an active duty Naval Officer is fighting top brass in Navy over his name and death of a BUDS participant post Hell Week. It is riveting.

Summary of situation?

Not surprised you are not a fan, you don’t seem too concerned about military men and women, their mental health, and struggles post military service, not to mention his entire intention to help this in the SOF community. Shooting the messenger before understating the message….carry on.
He provides a platform to pretty darn reprehensible conspiracy theorists and propagandists. I would not.

So, I repeat what I just said as well as the last time you posted about his podcast.

If there's something particularly relevant to some aspect of our discussion I'll pay attention to what you have to say about it. does it?

However, I find your comment pretty darn offensive, as I've previously shared that my family has lost a 26 year old young man who experienced head traumas in the military and died of an opiod overdose. I've also shared that I have multiple young men who I coached, friends of my son, who have gone
into military service. One is a SEAL who was recently in Africa, now in the Arctic last we heard. I have personal reasons to be "concerned".
Moved this to another spot.....sorry for the delay, was on vacation and dropped of social media for ~10 days.

Yes, it was prescient, b/c it shows how the military has gaps in their processes, that can, and do create ambiguity.

So what if he has some tinfoil hat people on the show, just don't listen to those episodes if you don't like the guest. The goal of a podcast to hear other peoples perspectives, life stories, that one would often otherwise never hear....it seems you only want to pick winners and losers, after the fact, and somehow you find a way to shoot the guy providing us this opportunity. I mean, Shawn might say 4 minutes of content in a 4 hour podcast, which are merely questions, while we listen to the guests.

I'd encourage you to listen to the recent podcast of Cap't Brad Geary.....USNA Grad --> SEAL --> DEVGRU (Gold Squadron), --> Commanding officer of Naval Special Warfare Basic Training Command. It is over six hours, I believe you would enjoy it.

If you care about our military men and women as you claim, then one would think you'd want to learn more about their immersed military lifestyle ....but sure SRS does not provide that from those that HAVE endured this and helping others navigate the struggles associated with this service.

Maybe, you could learn something from those speaking out about their struggles, while conveying how they navigated recovery through means other than the VA, which often fails them. Not to mention, how they are taught to not show weakness or even ask for help. Maybe, just maybe....you can help one of those you coached...

Sorry, I’m just not going to contribute to those profiting from misinformation, disinformation and propaganda.

I can learn about the legitimate topics without such contribution.

I have no doubt that folks struggle with serious issues that are poorly addressed by the VA.

What aspect do you imagine I don’t comprehend?

Hope your vacation was wonderful!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:38 pm

Summary of situation?

Sorry, I’m just not going to contribute to those profiting from misinformation, disinformation and propaganda.

I have no doubt that folks struggle with serious issues that are poorly addressed by the VA.

What aspect do you imagine I don’t comprehend? [/u][/b]

How can you claim to know so much, with each and every post, when you refuse to listen others to which you have no first hand knowledge....those two do not square, It's really as you don't know, what you don't know.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:38 pm

Summary of situation?

What aspect do you imagine I don’t comprehend? [/u][/b]

How can you claim to know so much, with each and every post, when you refuse to listen others to which you have no first hand knowledge....those two do not square, It's really as you don't know, what you don't know.
Of course I don’t know what I don’t know. The older and more experienced I get, the more I actually do know, the more clear how vast what I don’t know really is.

However, I’m not interested in listening to those who profit from disseminating disinformation, misinformation and propaganda. I think I’ve been clear about that.

On the other hand, I’m certainly open to listening to Your views, openly shared and explained. I may or may not agree with one or more opinions, but I assume I can learn and better understand in the process.

As to first hand knowledge, I’m interested in Your first hand knowledge. I won’t assume that every other person had the same experiences or expertise, just yours. Indeed, In general, I don’t make sweeping judgments based on singular experience or views, but they can certainly be illuminating.

So, I keep asking you to simply explain what you think I don’t understand and why. Share your views. Your views.

Discuss them.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”