NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
smoova

Re: NESCAC

Post by smoova »

D3laxisgoated wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:57 am I’ll tell you this right now- Wesleyan is not losing to no Hamilton 😂😂😂 I’ll quite literally call this a lopsided win for Wesleyan. 15-7

And yes - come back and roast me all you want if they lose
Not an unreasonable take and I hope no one gets seriously roasted for posting NESCAC predictions, since that's one of the things that makes this thread fun.

For some, Wes has seemed a little inconsistent (losing to Stevens and Bowdoin by >6, but blowing out USCGA, which beat RPI) and Hamilton looks dangerous (taking Bowdoin to the wire and beating RPI/Conn by more than Midd did).
warriorslax17

Post by warriorslax17 »

We are all waiting for the sleeping giant that is Raba to show if the Cards are real or not. Amherst, Midd, Tufts all in the next two weeks for them. Very possible the talk of the top three teams looks different on April 16th.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Coast Guard is really not any good this year so, for this year at least, there hasn’t been anything to suggest Wes is for real. Wes might surprise but have feasted on Cupcakes so far. Hamilton much more battle tested. If they want a successful season, Cardinals better win today, might not be favored in any more than 2 games the rest of the season.
D3laxisgoated

Post by D3laxisgoated »

Aaaand 6-0 with 8 minutes left in the first quarter

:)
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Different Amherst team playing vs Bowdoin today....slopp!
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

15-5, Williams up in 4th
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

The massacre begins by Tufts. Dominating Middlebury
NESCACtracker

Post by NESCACtracker »

The12lov3 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:39 pm The massacre begins by Tufts. Dominating Middlebury
Good showing by Tufts for sure, these tufts announcers need to get off their knees though - not sure they even know how the game works. Or sports for that matter.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

The12lov3 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:39 pm The massacre begins by Tufts. Dominating Middlebury
Massacre? I must be missing something cause 15-19 sounds like a tightish game, especially when all other games Tufts has scored 25+ easily and not allowed more then 10 goals aside from AC
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

That then was an impressive showing by Wes. Great game with Jeffs and Polar Bears. At this point I would put it:

1) Tufts
2) Amherst
3) Midd
4) Wes
5) Williams
6) Bowdoin
7) Conn
8) Hamilton
9) Trinity
10) Colby
11) Bates

2v3, 7v8 and 10v11 are coin tosses.
Last edited by pcowlax on Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

georgeoar394 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:08 pm
Massacre? I must be missing something cause 15-19 sounds like a tightish game, especially when all other games Tufts has scored 25+ easily and not allowed more then 10 goals aside from AC
The game was not close at all. The 4th quarter Tufts was man down like 7 times. It was never as close as the score indicated.
Flag Down

Post by Flag Down »

Nice comeback by Conn. They were down 5-1 early but answered with a 10 goal run of their own. Attack unit of Ford, Rainville and Horkan each notched a hat trick. It was a slow start for the Camels but they persevered and got the road win.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Is Jim Caton the “referee” for most Bowdoin home lacrosse games the same person as James Caton the Assistant AD at Bowdoin? Please tell me it is not so.
smoova

Post by smoova »

The12lov3 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:10 pm
The game was not close at all. The 4th quarter Tufts was man down like 7 times. It was never as close as the score indicated.
Agreed. This game (particularly the first half) underscored the deficiency in the Midd offense that's been present all season. Will be interesting to see if the Midd coaches make an adjustment or if the "close" final score lulls them into the same inaction we saw after the Conn College and RPI squeakers. You can bet that Barnard and Raba are watching that film today.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

smoova wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:16 am
Agreed. This game (particularly the first half) underscored the deficiency in the Midd offense that's been present all season. Will be interesting to see if the Midd coaches make an adjustment or if the "close" final score lulls them into the same inaction we saw after the Conn College and RPI squeakers. You can bet that Barnard and Raba are watching that film today.
At this point in the season, teams play a Saturday game, the next day watch film of the day before and get briefed on the next game with a small workout of some sort, the next day is a decent practice for the "adjustments" then the day before they have a light practice and work emo/mdd. The adjustments become challenging as there is no muscle memory build for it. Instead the players must rely on their smarts and ability to adjust at game time. The Wednesday to Saturday cycle is shorter and more challenging.

Oh and they have some pretty challenging academics to push through too.

It takes obsessive D1-level commitment to effectively adjust and play the best game possible with turnarounds like these.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
smoova

Post by smoova »

BallHunt wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:20 pm
smoova wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:16 am
At this point in the season, teams play a Saturday game, the next day watch film of the day before and get briefed on the next game with a small workout of some sort, the next day is a decent practice for the "adjustments" then the day before they have a light practice and work emo/mdd. The adjustments become challenging as there is no muscle memory build for it. Instead the players must rely on their smarts and ability to adjust at game time. The Wednesday to Saturday cycle is shorter and more challenging.

Oh and they have some pretty challenging academics to push through too.

It takes obsessive D1-level commitment to effectively adjust and play the best game possible with turnarounds like these.
I’m pretty familiar with the life of a NESCAC lacrosse player. You’re right about the relatively limited time available to make adjustments, but I’m not talking about installing a new slide package or backer zone. Defenders at this level are quick to implement concepts like “## only dummy dodges and crease camps, no slide there” or “quick slide when ## or ## is carrying.” Toomy did a nice job for the Midd game.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

SKUD wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:04 pm Is Jim Caton the “referee” for most Bowdoin home lacrosse games the same person as James Caton the Assistant AD at Bowdoin? Please tell me it is not so.
Anyone?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

No idea but seems very unlikely some affiliated with a school would ref one of its games. What do you mean by “referee”?
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

That the person of the same last name and abbreviated first name is a ref for most of their home games as well as hockey.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Yeah, he's the SID and acts as official scorer for Bowdoin lax, hockey and probably a few more Bowdoin sports ffs.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”