Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
PhanLax99

Re: Live Game Action

Post by PhanLax99 »

At what point do they just play on soccer stadium for the rest of the year?
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:25 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:07 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:05 pm Let’s clear the bench please.
Yup.
Or have your starter in to the very end scoring with 19 seconds left….chasing records at Cuse Or chasing Scane ? No way to slice it - IMO not a good look. Again. My opinion. I’m sure it’s an unpopular one but with a team with 2-3 major injuries to starters a year at home why on earth are your starters (and best player ) in at the end when you have a running clock ?
Did you see Virginia taking any of their starters out?
I don't know if you caught the Cuse vs Cornell game, but Treanor took her starters out with almost 12 minutes left in that game and it did not go well.

Highly doubt Tyrrell was thinking about her stats or one-upping a player on another team when she scored the final goal of the game. She was just playing the game and finishing a play... like all good attacking players do. Not sure why you felt the need to debase her.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup.
Or have your starter in to the very end scoring with 19 seconds left….chasing records at Cuse Or chasing Scane ? No way to slice it - IMO not a good look. Again. My opinion. I’m sure it’s an unpopular one but with a team with 2-3 major injuries to starters a year at home why on earth are your starters (and best player ) in at the end when you have a running clock ?
You like these kind of cheap shots, daggers with a little twist of the blade for added cringeworthy effect, don't you?
Chasing records or chasing Scane at Cuse? Now when it comes to the T Award discussion, how long is it before you hear
this girl is better than that one because she scored more goals and blah, blah, blah? D. Sweitzer is now on the T Award list,
should she have let a few go by when Cuse had a big lead or is she just chasing something too? The players aren't the ones who keep the records, they aren't the ones who make as big a deal of 'em as the critics and experts in the sports world either. They're out there competing, having fun, and just doing what they do.
Consider this, it was Senior Day, player's moms, dads, friends at the game for the big event. Nearly 2,500 fans there, and I'd add enthusiastic fans, making a lot of noise and creating an electric environment. Teammates on the sideline jumping up and down with enthusiasm and having fun with every goal scored. Players on the field, players who have a passion for the game and work their tails off to be out there, are having fun, are on a roll, and are putting on a mighty impressive offensive exhibition of stickwork, quick passing and good shooting. So MT finished out with a completely out of the norm kind of shot from her, a bit of a Hail Mary on the fancy side kind of a shot that goes in. She did that because she's chasing records or Scane? I don't think so, I think she did it just because she was having a little bit of fun with it.
Yes, I'm surprised Kayla didn't play more subs but I also think she's done a mighty fine job to date and has her reasons which are unbeknownst to us. This coach is under a lot of pressure, anything short of a NC will garner all kinds of harsh criticism from people like you, she's doing what she thinks is best for her team and chances to win it all. She won't get any criticism from me for doing that.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

laxer12 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:10 am
Yup.
Did you see Virginia taking any of their starters out?
I don't know if you caught the Cuse vs Cornell game, but Treanor took her starters out with almost 12 minutes left in that game and it did not go well.

Highly doubt Tyrrell was thinking about her stats or one-upping a player on another team when she scored the final goal of the game. She was just playing the game and finishing a play... like all good attacking players do. Not sure why you felt the need to debase her.
lol not a debasement. Calm down. And my reasons for my comments. Again, see above ^^
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:22 am
Yup.
You like these kind of cheap shots, daggers with a little twist of the blade for added cringeworthy effect, don't you?
Chasing records or chasing Scane at Cuse? Now when it comes to the T Award discussion, how long is it before you hear
this girl is better than that one because she scored more goals and blah, blah, blah? D. Sweitzer is now on the T Award list,
should she have let a few go by when Cuse had a big lead or is she just chasing something too? The players aren't the ones who keep the records, they aren't the ones who make as big a deal of 'em as the critics and experts in the sports world either. They're out there competing, having fun, and just doing what they do.
Consider this, it was Senior Day, player's moms, dads, friends at the game for the big event. Nearly 2,500 fans there, and I'd add enthusiastic fans, making a lot of noise and creating an electric environment. Teammates on the sideline jumping up and down with enthusiasm and having fun with every goal scored. Players on the field, players who have a passion for the game and work their tails off to be out there, are having fun, are on a roll, and are putting on a mighty impressive offensive exhibition of stickwork, quick passing and good shooting. So MT finished out with a completely out of the norm kind of shot from her, a bit of a Hail Mary on the fancy side kind of a shot that goes in. She did that because she's chasing records or Scane? I don't think so, I think she did it just because she was having a little bit of fun with it.
Yes, I'm surprised Kayla didn't play more subs but I also think she's done a mighty fine job to date and has her reasons which are unbeknownst to us. This coach is under a lot of pressure, anything short of a NC will garner all kinds of harsh criticism from people like you, she's doing what she thinks is best for her team and chances to win it all. She won't get any criticism from me for doing that.
Or another view on senior day would be that maybe she could have rewarded the seniors that haven't had a chance to play much over the last 4 years but have worked just as hard as the MT's of the world. Those girls have come to practice, showed up at the weight room, showed up at film, showed up at the trainer's room, showed up for coaches meetings, etc. every week all while going to class, studying, and trying to have some semblance of a social life. Maybe, just maybe, MT and the other star seniors would have enjoyed being on the "sideline jumping up and down with enthusiasm and having fun with every goal scored" for their teammates that haven't gotten the chance all these years.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't have any disagreement there, that has nothing to do with MT chasing records though, it's not her call to be on or off the field. The comment still remains a cheap shot at MT to me. KT handled the game the way she did for reasons only she knows, now the know all armchair critics can handle their game the way they do.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

hmmm wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:32 am
Yup.
Or another view on senior day would be that maybe she could have rewarded the seniors that haven't had a chance to play much over the last 4 years but have worked just as hard as the MT's of the world. Those girls have come to practice, showed up at the weight room, showed up at film, showed up at the trainer's room, showed up for coaches meetings, etc. every week all while going to class, studying, and trying to have some semblance of a social life. Maybe, just maybe, MT and the other star seniors would have enjoyed being on the "sideline jumping up and down with enthusiasm and having fun with every goal scored" for their teammates that haven't gotten the chance all these years.
All the seniors play. Two have acl injuries and the rest transferred
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:40 am
Yup.
Is hower a senior or fifth year? Then yes I would’ve given her some minutes
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:10 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:57 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:49 pm Congrats to ND. They were also the last team to beat UNC in the ACC regular season 44 games ago.
Thoughts about game:
playing indoors at ND is a true home field advantage at ND - hard to see the ball
felt like UNC goalie didnt really see ball well today
Nails and Dorsey kinda got lit up a few times today
Ahern from ND queen of FP shots
They dont seem to have that playmaker on offence (or playmakers) as in past.
Draw needs work. Needs a draw taker to give that 2nd and 3rd effort . Draw circle needs that too.
ND was hyped for this game and it showed.

Now will Duke be upset today as well?
Thoughts about game:
Agreed. Tough venue for the visitors, and mostly for goalies.
Agreed; thought so too.
Saw Dorsey get the ball watch burn three times. Not good, from such an able player.
Ahern had a terrific game, scored some vey timely goals.
I think they do have playmakers, but the connections in the middle are not opening up. Mediocre midfield play to me.
UNC draw game still pretty weak.
All. Game. Long. Real intensity and fury for 60 minutes. Gotta hand it to them.
Re-watched Q4 of this game ... 3 of Ahern's 5 goals came in the 4Q 1:1 with a freshman (who is very good, but still a freshman). Good decision-making from ND to exploit the match up and BAD coaching from UNC to not address the bad match up. At the very least, they needed to be sure and send the early slide. Ugly. Second, how in the world did UNC commit TWO offsides violations with less than 3:30 to play!?!?! Again, discipline and coaching. Congrats to ND, they came to play.

And BTW, DOOK :lol: :lol: :lol:
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Yup.
Well put.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Idontknowtherules wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:41 am
Idontknowtherules wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:40 am
Yup.
Is hower a senior or fifth year? Then yes I would’ve given her some minutes
Kimber is listed as a R-senior.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Maryland-Michigan locked in a tight one at halftime with the Terps up 5-3. Some good goalie play but definitely sloppy, especially for Maryland's offense. Smith has been held in check with only one goal off an FPS.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

jff97 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:58 pm Maryland-Michigan locked in a tight one at halftime with the Terps up 5-3. Some good goalie play but definitely sloppy, especially for Maryland's offense. Smith has been held in check with only one goal off an FPS.
Been watching this. UMD could not finish their offensive chances early in the game and I think it affected their confidence in the second quarter. UMD the better team, but Mich keeping it close. Excited to see how the second half goes.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

user1020 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:01 pm
jff97 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:58 pm Maryland-Michigan locked in a tight one at halftime with the Terps up 5-3. Some good goalie play but definitely sloppy, especially for Maryland's offense. Smith has been held in check with only one goal off an FPS.
Been watching this. UMD could not finish their offensive chances early in the game and I think it affected their confidence in the second quarter. UMD the better team, but Mich keeping it close. Excited to see how the second half goes.
Yeah I would agree with that. Cummings has pointed out that Michigan keeps changing their defensive looks and Maryland is struggling to adjust.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Whoever thought SB moving into the CAA would be a more competitive move…..SB currently beating Drexel 11-0
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Maryland uses a five-goal run in the fourth quarter to pull away for a 13-7 win. Was a closer game than the final score. Conference is definitely Northwestern and then everyone else.
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:51 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:10 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:57 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:49 pm Congrats to ND. They were also the last team to beat UNC in the ACC regular season 44 games ago.
Thoughts about game:
playing indoors at ND is a true home field advantage at ND - hard to see the ball
felt like UNC goalie didnt really see ball well today
Nails and Dorsey kinda got lit up a few times today
Ahern from ND queen of FP shots
They dont seem to have that playmaker on offence (or playmakers) as in past.
Draw needs work. Needs a draw taker to give that 2nd and 3rd effort . Draw circle needs that too.
ND was hyped for this game and it showed.

Now will Duke be upset today as well?
Thoughts about game:
Agreed. Tough venue for the visitors, and mostly for goalies.
Agreed; thought so too.
Saw Dorsey get the ball watch burn three times. Not good, from such an able player.
Ahern had a terrific game, scored some vey timely goals.
I think they do have playmakers, but the connections in the middle are not opening up. Mediocre midfield play to me.
UNC draw game still pretty weak.
All. Game. Long. Real intensity and fury for 60 minutes. Gotta hand it to them.
Re-watched Q4 of this game ... 3 of Ahern's 5 goals came in the 4Q 1:1 with a freshman (who is very good, but still a freshman). Good decision-making from ND to exploit the match up and BAD coaching from UNC to not address the bad match up. At the very least, they needed to be sure and send the early slide. Ugly. Second, how in the world did UNC commit TWO offsides violations with less than 3:30 to play!?!?! Again, discipline and coaching. Congrats to ND, they came to play.

Overall, not the best showing from either end of the field. Young team w/out a strong senior presence will at times hurt them. I believe the freshman was the 3rd defender put on Ahern bc the 1st 2 had trouble. I thought that UNC seemed a step slower all game and they are not a slow team. For whatever reason, UNC does not play well at ND or inside in general.

And BTW, DOOK :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Just a pleasure listening to TC do this Maryland-Michigan game with Mark Dixon. Knows the rules, understands the game, conveys it well.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:07 pm Just a pleasure listening to TC do this Maryland-Michigan game with Mark Dixon. Knows the rules, understands the game, conveys it well.
Yeah I thought she was pretty good too. Definitely knows the game. Pretty fair about foul calls for both sides too.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

jff97 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:14 pm Maryland uses a five-goal run in the fourth quarter to pull away for a 13-7 win. Was a closer game than the final score. Conference is definitely Northwestern and then everyone else.
The game was close but I never felt like Maryland was going to lose this. Maryland is good when they win the draw and go on runs, so if they can do that they can beat almost anyone. Maryland looks good but just seems to be lacking one extra gear or drive to become a top 5 team this year. Big 10 seems like NU #1 with a gap at UMD #2 and another gap and then the rest.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”