Post by primitiveskills »

Tim Marcille. Outstanding.
DocBarrister

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by DocBarrister »

Huge win for the Blue Jays!

Excellent EMO defense.

Some very timely saves.

Some great CTs, especially Degnon’s in the fourth quarter.

Hopkins won the game with aggressive play, finishing on an 8-2 run.

Let’s face the hard truth … this Johns Hopkins team is one of the best in college lacrosse.

Magic number for the NCAA tournament down to two.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Great day to be a Jay.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:26 pm Great day to be a Jay.
Yep.

Michigan over Maryland.

Wins for St. Joe’s, GT, Delaware, and Utah.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I was very impressed today by Marcille. Nice win for the Jays. Seems that this team has developed a healthy habit of winning. Great to see!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Martin has played football, he looked like a wide receiver
matriculating up the field on that goal.

Very good close out in that final minute.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Game of runs. Credit to PM that Jays consistently finish games well.

Expected the emergence of English. How is that for alliteration.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

FannOLax wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:45 pm I was very impressed today by Marcille. Nice win for the Jays. Seems that this team has developed a healthy habit of winning. Great to see!
Fourteen saves against twelve goals is far better than our norm in recent years, but on top of that add excellent outlets (a big part of the 19-21 on clears), intercepting one skip pass, and I think he deflected another, and I think he picked up a ground ball well away from the crease.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Not sure how many people expected 9 total wins, but here we are. Congrats to the program and those of you invested in it. Long long road. One more win and we're back in the ncaa tournament if we're not already. Especially happy for the seniors and grad students. Rutgers was a really feisty opponent today and these were the kinds of teams that used to shoot 18-7 games at us on and the guys responded today.

Hope chauvette and bauer who espn said were out make it back. Especially nice to see evans, mcdermott and english rolling. I guess they were the guys foy was talking about when he referred to us as "top heavy".

Incredible response by Michigan today. Conry is an ex blue jay who made a big statement about him and his program's future today.

That was a heck of a ct by degnon off the grimes 4th quarter turnover. Just an incredible heads up play from a veteran that I'm sure a few coaches will show their kids on tape around the nation this week.

I don't know who pansini law group is but I'm sure lacrosse fans across the nation do with that sponsorship they have up there.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Hopkins continues to show up every time
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Scott Smith had the same amount of points as the "midseason AA" attackman he was covering today LOL

Haven't seen Sag A lately. Don't look now but the Fighting Nadelens are 2-7 after a loss to Stony Brook. Has a take ever aged as bad as that one? It has reached "transformational class" levels of bad. If he's smart (he's not), he won't show his face in here again.

A couple of other observations:
- Rutgers was 0-3 on the man-up
- Knobloch did not score after we finally put a pole on him but it took way too long for that to happen. Not really sure what the gameplan was there in the first half
- 2 goals and 2 CTs for Martin. Nice day at the office
- How long till English is on the first midfield? Do we even have a "first" midfield? Both lines play about equally and today the "seconds" were more productive
- We played 27 guys today and that was without Bauer, Chauvette, or Krampf. We can go even deeper if necessary
molo

Post by molo »

Jays take charge of the Big 10.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:55 pm
FannOLax wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:45 pm I was very impressed today by Marcille. Nice win for the Jays. Seems that this team has developed a healthy habit of winning. Great to see!
Fourteen saves against twelve goals is far better than our norm in recent years, but on top of that add excellent outlets (a big part of the 19-21 on clears), intercepting one skip pass, and I think he deflected another, and I think he picked up a ground ball well away from the crease.
It’s impossible to watch a keeper have a game like that and still believe that save % is the best/ only indicator of how well a goalie plays or his impact on the game.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:48 pm Scott Smith had the same amount of points as the "midseason AA" attackman he was covering today LOL

Haven't seen Sag A lately. Don't look now but the Fighting Nadelens are 2-7 after a loss to Stony Brook. Has a take ever aged as bad as that one? It has reached "transformational class" levels of bad. If he's smart (he's not), he won't show his face in here again.

- Knobloch did not score after we finally put a pole on him but it took way too long for that to happen. Not really sure what the gameplan was there in the first half
- How long till English is on the first midfield? Do we even have a "first" midfield? Both lines play about equally and today the "seconds" were more productive
- We played 27 guys today and that was without Bauer, Chauvette, or Krampf. We can go even deeper if necessary
The TRANSFORMATIVE 2013 class was a bit snakebitten, but they did: (1) save the Hopkins consecutive NCAA tournament streak in 2010 as freshmen; (2) delivered a 13-3 season in 2011 that was ended only by a Denver team who had brilliant coaching by Bill Tierney, arguably the greatest lacrosse HC of all time (remember the isolation plays that neutralized the Hopkins slides); and (3) followed up with a 12-4 season in 2012 that was ended by Tillman’s slow ball (brilliant if frustrating coaching). Their senior season was marred by the rotating suspensions, but they still had a shot in their final game to win a tournament spot. The Class of 2013 was a pretty stellar class, and we should remember them as such. All the naysayers can f*ck off. 8-)

As for today … Brooks English not only had 2 goals and 1 assist, he was the player who had the excellent pick on the crucial Angelus goal that made it 14-12. English has a complete game and will only get better.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
nrthcrosslax

Post by nrthcrosslax »

Would love to see Grimes get stronger. He gets bodied up by ssdms half his size way too much. Also gets blown up too much for a guy who is 6'4" 215.
Get stronger my guy.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:15 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:48 pm Scott Smith had the same amount of points as the "midseason AA" attackman he was covering today LOL

As for today … Brooks English not only had 2 goals and 1 assist, he was the player who had the excellent pick on the crucial Angelus goal that made it 14-12. English has a complete game and will only get better.

DocBarrister 8-)
English is the real deal and the perfect complement to Angelus. He will only get better. His best, almost, assist in the 3rd quarter was not converted.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

nrthcrosslax wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:31 pm Would love to see Grimes get stronger. He gets bodied up by ssdms half his size way too much. Also gets blown up too much for a guy who is 6'4" 215.
Get stronger my guy.
I think the most stinging thing a certain legendary Virginia coach ever said was that a certain big Navy player didn’t play like a big man.

I always liked John Greeley, but I think the same could have been said of him. Despite his injuries, I thought a little bit less finesse and a bit more power play would have helped Greeley in his development.

Grimes is having his best season, but I would generally agree with your comments. He has 15 goals and 10 assists, but I think I would rather see him play a more power-type game and have 20 goals. But maybe that’s because of the PM/JC offensive system.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”