Centennial Conference 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
HomerCoach

Re: Centennial Conference 2023

Post by HomerCoach »

D3hero wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:07 am Great win for Swat.

Didn’t catch the game, but Goalie play really sticks out on the stat sheet as being the difference.

16 saves and 8 Goals against for the Swat goalie.
2 Saves and 18 Goals against for the Muhlenberg goalie.

Very hard to win a game against a good opponent when your Goalie only stops 2 shots.
Give these CC coaches 10 days to game plan to beat an opponent and they'll get it done! Swat over the Mules, and The Mules over Dickinson. These coaches are that good. Who's next with 7+ days to prepare?
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

HomerCoach wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:33 pm
D3hero wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:07 am Great win for Swat.

Didn’t catch the game, but Goalie play really sticks out on the stat sheet as being the difference.

16 saves and 8 Goals against for the Swat goalie.
2 Saves and 18 Goals against for the Muhlenberg goalie.

Very hard to win a game against a good opponent when your Goalie only stops 2 shots.
Give these CC coaches 10 days to game plan to beat an opponent and they'll get it done! Swat over the Mules, and The Mules over Dickinson. These coaches are that good. Who's next with 7+ days to prepare?

Good call out on both the length of time to prepare + goalie play from the Swat v Mules game. Didn't watch but the stats were pretty even apart from Goalie play. could be a lot of good offense creating doorstep shots or rough night for the goalie or both(probably).

Mules better step it up against a WAC team that can be dangerous (especially offensively).

I anticipate a tight race for spots 2-5 in the playoffs between Dickinson, Mules, F&M, Ursinus, and Swat. Any one of those teams can easily beat each other and also beat G'burg on the right day.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

F&M goes to Swarthmore tomorrow, this should be a very interesting game. I certainly can't say F&M should win but I am sure most people would have picked the Dips to win back in Feb. If they want to get anything going in the CC they probably need to win. Will Swarthmore be able to keep momentum on their sideline and really make a statement to the rest of the CC.
F&M 14 Swat 12
Dickinson 16 SMCM 10
Ursinus 18 McDaniel 6
Muhlenberg 14 WAC 8
Gettysburg 16 Haverford 8
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Laxdds wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:12 pm F&M goes to Swarthmore tomorrow, this should be a very interesting game. I certainly can't say F&M should win but I am sure most people would have picked the Dips to win back in Feb. If they want to get anything going in the CC they probably need to win. Will Swarthmore be able to keep momentum on their sideline and really make a statement to the rest of the CC.
F&M 14 Swat 12
Dickinson 16 SMCM 10
Ursinus 18 McDaniel 6
Muhlenberg 14 WAC 8
Weekend Picks

-F&M vs Swarthmore- The Dips need this win or they might be on the outside look in come CC playoff time. Swarthmore is riding high at 1-0 in the conference.Both teams enter with big time scoring offenses. My question is who wins the special teams battle? F&M 15-11
- Dickinson vs St.Marys- The Devils draw the bye this week from conference play but play a peppy Seahawks teams. Dickinson by a lot 17-8
-Ursinus vs McDaniel- McDaniel's defense is probably still exhausted from their Wed night game vs Gettysburg. Ursinus had a full week off. McDaniel played them tough last year. Bears will make sure not to make it 2 years strait. 18-5
-Muhlenberg vs Washington College- The Shoremen are 2-0 in the conference after playing the 2 weakest teams. The Mules sit at 1-1. The Mules offense has been hot and cold this year while for the most part the Shoremen have been able to put up points. Im hoping the Mules goalie continues to struggle. WAC 14-13 OT
-Gettysburg vs Haverford- Bullets travel to Philly to take on the Black Squirrels. Ill be honest I was really impressed with Haverfords goalie in their game vs WAC. If he can stay hot this could be interesting....for a quarter. Bullets 20-7
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:26 pm
Laxdds wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:12 pm F&M goes to Swarthmore tomorrow, this should be a very interesting game. I certainly can't say F&M should win but I am sure most people would have picked the Dips to win back in Feb. If they want to get anything going in the CC they probably need to win. Will Swarthmore be able to keep momentum on their sideline and really make a statement to the rest of the CC.
F&M 14 Swat 12
Dickinson 16 SMCM 10
Ursinus 18 McDaniel 6
Muhlenberg 14 WAC 8
Weekend Picks

-F&M vs Swarthmore- The Dips need this win or they might be on the outside look in come CC playoff time. Swarthmore is riding high at 1-0 in the conference.Both teams enter with big time scoring offenses. My question is who wins the special teams battle? F&M 15-11
- Dickinson vs St.Marys- The Devils draw the bye this week from conference play but play a peppy Seahawks teams. Dickinson by a lot 17-8
-Ursinus vs McDaniel- McDaniel's defense is probably still exhausted from their Wed night game vs Gettysburg. Ursinus had a full week off. McDaniel played them tough last year. Bears will make sure not to make it 2 years strait. 18-5
-Muhlenberg vs Washington College- The Shoremen are 2-0 in the conference after playing the 2 weakest teams. The Mules sit at 1-1. The Mules offense has been hot and cold this year while for the most part the Shoremen have been able to put up points. Im hoping the Mules goalie continues to struggle. WAC 14-13 OT
-Gettysburg vs Haverford- Bullets travel to Philly to take on the Black Squirrels. Ill be honest I was really impressed with Haverfords goalie in their game vs WAC. If he can stay hot this could be interesting....for a quarter. Bullets 20-7
Would love to see the Shoreman pull that off! If they do they certainly will have their eyes set on the CC tournament and it would really put the Mules up against a wall with Ursinus, Gettysburg and F&M still ahead of them.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Swarthmore plays with alot of speed in the midfield and has a nice attack unit. F&M has some bulk on D that could cause Swat some issues but speed kills as they say. I'm going to take Swat 14-12.
DuelingBanjos

Post by DuelingBanjos »

For the weekend:

Swarthmore 14, F&M 11. Big time pressure on F&M in this one, even more so if they lose.

Dickinson 17, St. Mary’s 7. Shouldn’t be much of a game.

Gettysburg 19, Haverford 8. Bullets are the class of the CC this year. Fords hang for a little while before Gettysburg wakes up.

Ursinus 16, McDaniel 5. Shouldn’t be any problems for the Bears in this one.

Muhlenberg 13, Washington 11. I really, really hope I’m wrong about this one, but I think that game against Swat the other night was a big wake up call for the Mules. I also don’t think things in goal for Muhlenberg can get much worse than it was. All that combined and I think the Shoremen could be walking into a hornets nest on Saturday night. THAT BEING SAID, WAC going up there and pulling out a close win wouldn’t surprise me either…..especially because, with that schedule they’ve got coming up, this might be their best shot at a W for a little while. If WAC controls the face offs and turns it into offense, they can just as easily swing it their way. But…..well, we’ll see what happens, but this one should rival F&M/Swat for game of the weekend.
RollShore82

Post by RollShore82 »

DuelingBanjos wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:09 pm For the weekend:

Swarthmore 14, F&M 11. Big time pressure on F&M in this one, even more so if they lose.

Gettysburg 19, Haverford 8. Bullets are the class of the CC this year. Fords hang for a little while before Gettysburg wakes up.

Muhlenberg 13, Washington 11. I really, really hope I’m wrong about this one, but I think that game against Swat the other night was a big wake up call for the Mules. I also don’t think things in goal for Muhlenberg can get much worse than it was. All that combined and I think the Shoremen could be walking into a hornets nest on Saturday night. THAT BEING SAID, WAC going up there and pulling out a close win wouldn’t surprise me either…..especially because, with that schedule they’ve got coming up, this might be their best shot at a W for a little while. If WAC controls the face offs and turns it into offense, they can just as easily swing it their way. But…..well, we’ll see what happens, but this one should rival F&M/Swat for game of the weekend.
Agree with the Dickinson, Gettysburg/Haverford, Ursinus/McDaniel games (none of them should be particularly close), but I'm gonna flip the score and pick the Sho'men to pull off the upset 13-11. Swat is having a hell of a year, but I think they have a letdown here against F&M. I'll take F&M 14-9.
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

RollShore82 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:53 pm

Agree with the Dickinson, Gettysburg/Haverford, Ursinus/McDaniel games (none of them should be particularly close), but I'm gonna flip the score and pick the Sho'men to pull off the upset 13-11. Swat is having a hell of a year, but I think they have a letdown here against F&M. I'll take F&M 14-9.
Im with you RollShore, don't know why so many people are drinking the Muhlenberg kool-aid. If WC's D can keep there offense under 11 goals I believe the Sho'men will come out with a W. Hearing Garrison will be back for WC too. Looks like it is going to be a rainy one in Allentown.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

SixBySix wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:48 pm I'm expecting Swat to finally break through the RV morass and be ranked for the first time since coach Gress took the reins (as far as I know).

I'm predicting 11-4 (5-3) and a berth in the CC playoffs.
Nailed the non-con, but now I'm starting to think I may have shorted the Garnet in Centennial play.

Huge win, and finally brings to an end the longest losing streak for the Garnet by a long, long margin.
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:22 pm
RollShore82 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:53 pm

Im with you RollShore, don't know why so many people are drinking the Muhlenberg kool-aid. If WC's D can keep there offense under 11 goals I believe the Sho'men will come out with a W. Hearing Garrison will be back for WC too. Looks like it is going to be a rainy one in Allentown.
Kool-aid's good
laxgeek37

Post by laxgeek37 »

Washington College the better team in that game. Sloppy mistakes. Shoremen are definitely a big threat moving forward
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

laxgeek37 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:11 pm Washington College the better team in that game. Sloppy mistakes. Shoremen are definitely a big threat moving forward
Not better in GB's
Not better in FO's
Not better in turnovers
Not better in caused turnovers
Not better in clears
Not better in penalties
Not better in EMO
Not better in shots
Not better in final score.

Tell me what they were better in.
laxgeek37

Post by laxgeek37 »

HomerCoach wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:45 pm
laxgeek37 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:11 pm Washington College the better team in that game. Sloppy mistakes. Shoremen are definitely a big threat moving forward
Not better in GB's
Not better in FO's
Not better in turnovers
Not better in clears
Not better in penalties
Not better in EMO
Not better in shots

Got no dog in the fight, but they just looked better skilled. Eye test
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

laxgeek37 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:45 pm
Not better in GB's
Not better in FO's
Not better in turnovers
Not better in clears
Not better in penalties
Not better in EMO
Not better in shots

Not sure if I would go so far as to say they looked more skilled, WAC played zone for a bit and definitely cause some trouble for the Mules but at the end of the day a Win is a Win and a Loss is a Loss not matter how ugly or pretty it is...especially true in these conference games. Mules need to figure out the goalie situation ASAP. Max May (all conference last year) went out injured and had a rough outing against Swat. Will be tough to win w/o some solid play in the net.

Swat is humming right now...and has a whole week to prep for G'burg while the Bullets have to worry about a tough game against York on Wednesday. Whoever wins the game this Saturday is on the fast track towards the 1 seed in the playoffs.

The parity in the conference is great, but curious how beating up on each other may influence Pool C bids come playoffs. Best case is 3 teams make it.

Teams in right now:
- Gettysburg
- Swat
- Ursinus, Mules, Dickinson, F&M all competing for that 3rd spot
notjeffshirk

Post by notjeffshirk »

Not better in GB's
Not better in FO's
Not better in turnovers
Not better in clears
Not better in penalties
Not better in EMO
Not better in shots

Homer, the point lies in the stats you just listed.
WAC plays a sloppy game and loses in every stat available yet still with about 2 minutes left is down by 2.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Don’t you think that most sloppy mistakes can be attributed to the opponent?
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

notjeffshirk wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:34 am
Not better in GB's
Not better in FO's
Not better in turnovers
Not better in clears
Not better in penalties
Not better in EMO
Not better in shots

Homer, the point lies in the stats you just listed.
WAC plays a sloppy game and loses in every stat available yet still with about 2 minutes left is down by 2.
It was also 11-6 with 9 minutes to play.
notjeffshirk

Post by notjeffshirk »

Absolutely, I'm referring to mistakes like bad passes.
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

notjeffshirk wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:19 pm Absolutely, I'm referring to mistakes like bad passes.
I'm done, but wouldn't bad passes mean you're less skilled?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”