The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

The ignorant folks won’t pay any attention to this. Those kids just need to pray more or have better parenting.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:01 pm
The ignorant folks won’t pay any attention to this. Those kids just need to pray more or have better parenting.
Tots and pears
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:15 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:11 amYou bring up a valid point. Are you even concerned about why our children are forced to learn in schools that now resemble minimum security prisons? What is your America my friend?? What you fail to address is why a new generation of young people, or at least a disturbing minority of them, want to kill innocent children before they commit suicide by cop.
My America is where kids can go to school without worrying about getting killed in a hailstorm of bullets.

Why do young people (and some old people) wanna kill innocent kids and adults before getting killed themselves? Have you taken a look around lately?

Economic inequality, working 3 jobs just to afford the basics, medical bankruptcy and sky high bills, easy access to guns, inability to buy a home/land, billionaires owning everything, media stoking irrational fears like the trans are coming for you and your kids, the inability to pay for a 4-year college by working a summer or part-time job, global warming, physical abuse at home, easy access to guns, drug epidemic, covid pandemic issues, lack of parental involvement, lack of extracurriculars, feeling like school is a prison, copycat shootings because of media coverage, cultures of violence and easy access to guns, lack of mental health treatment, lack of hope for the future, daycare costs, etc., etc., etc.
So what changed from when I graduated from HS in 1976 to graduating from HS in 2023? Are you trying to tell me that the USA has gone to hell in a hand basket only to find a shortage of hand baskets?
What changed? Did you not read my post? Almost everything I listed has been a big change since 1976. And there's lots more in the etc., etc., etc. like social media issues and that we've manufactured like ~300 million guns since 1976.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:11 amYou bring up a valid point. Are you even concerned about why our children are forced to learn in schools that now resemble minimum security prisons? What is your America my friend?? What you fail to address is why a new generation of young people, or at least a disturbing minority of them, want to kill innocent children before they commit suicide by cop.
My America is where kids can go to school without worrying about getting killed in a hailstorm of bullets.

Why do young people (and some old people) wanna kill innocent kids and adults before getting killed themselves? Have you taken a look around lately?

Economic inequality, working 3 jobs just to afford the basics, medical bankruptcy and sky high bills, easy access to guns, inability to buy a home/land, billionaires owning everything, media stoking irrational fears like the trans are coming for you and your kids, the inability to pay for a 4-year college by working a summer or part-time job, global warming, physical abuse at home, easy access to guns, drug epidemic, covid pandemic issues, lack of parental involvement, lack of extracurriculars, feeling like school is a prison, copycat shootings because of media coverage, cultures of violence and easy access to guns, lack of mental health treatment, lack of hope for the future, daycare costs, etc., etc., etc.
So what changed from when I graduated from HS in 1976 to graduating from HS in 2023? Are you trying to tell me that the USA has gone to hell in a hand basket only to find a shortage of hand baskets? There were many people in the 70s had a lack of any sort of hope.
What changed? Did you not read my post? Almost everything I listed has been a big change since 1976. And there's lots more in the etc., etc., etc. like social media issues and that we've manufactured like ~300 million guns since 1976.
Oh I read your post alright. You list a litany of different assorted issues that you believe are serious problems in the USA today. Many of those same issues were a problem in 1976. They didn't just magically materialize overnight. There were still millions of guns in the 1970s. There was rampant drug abuse in the 70s. Alot of people went bankrupt in the 70s. Medical bankruptcies skyrocketed in direct correlation to medical costs skyrocketing. Alot of kids could not afford 4 years of college in the 70s. Do you remember what interest rates were on a home mortgage in the 70s? Of course I'm concerned that our kids are forced to learn in schools that resemble maximum security prisons. Do you think the kids don't understand that this is not what going to school is suppose to be like? Right along with fire drills they have to conduct active shooter drills. Do you think school children get use to going through metal detectors and having an armed police officer walking the hallways?? Maybe when little Jimmy leaves school and goes home to his video game to shoot up the world he fails to understand in the real world you don't come back to life. Guns and easy access to them is a huge problem. Those other issues are cultural and almost impossible to fix. I suppose we can be grateful our school children no longer have to duck and cover.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 am

So what changed from when I graduated from HS in 1976 to graduating from HS in 2023? Are you trying to tell me that the USA has gone to hell in a hand basket only to find a shortage of hand baskets? There were many people in the 70s had a lack of any sort of hope.
Oh I read your post alright. You list a litany of different assorted issues that you believe are serious problems in the USA today. Many of those same issues were a problem in 1976. They didn't just magically materialize overnight. There were still millions of guns in the 1970s. There was rampant drug abuse in the 70s. Alot of people went bankrupt in the 70s. Medical bankruptcies skyrocketed in direct correlation to medical costs skyrocketing. Alot of kids could not afford 4 years of college in the 70s. Do you remember what interest rates were on a home mortgage in the 70s? Of course I'm concerned that our kids are forced to learn in schools that resemble maximum security prisons. Do you think the kids don't understand that this is not what going to school is suppose to be like? Right along with fire drills they have to conduct active shooter drills. Do you think school children get use to going through metal detectors and having an armed police officer walking the hallways?? Maybe when little Jimmy leaves school and goes home to his video game to shoot up the world he fails to understand in the real world you don't come back to life. Guns and easy access to them is a huge problem. Those other issues are cultural and almost impossible to fix. I suppose we can be grateful our school children no longer have to duck and cover.
I remember air raid drills circa 1962 and being under my desk to avoid the flying glass in the event of a Soviet missile attack. A lot of good that would have done. Something to keep them safe, whether a guard, an armed teacher or a metal detector is a lot less scary than a drill to deal with a total wipeout of life as you know it.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

get it to x wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:22 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 am

I remember air raid drills circa 1962 and being under my desk to avoid the flying glass in the event of a Soviet missile attack. A lot of good that would have done. Something to keep them safe, whether a guard, an armed teacher or a metal detector is a lot less scary than a drill to deal with a total wipeout of life as you know it.
I remember that going to school in the 60s and 70s was a much different experience. It wasn't always fun for many of us. I know speaking for myself I never feared for my life while I was inside the school building. It is a sad state of affairs that our nation has to convert our schools into minimum security prisons. The times they are a changing.

This is an observation on my part. Our cities and towns work very hard to make our schools safe. At the end of my street is an elementary school bustling with activity in the morning and afternoon. The play ground outside has a lot of kids playing on nice days during recess. I've noticed that even with all the attention to security what I believe to be a serious potential threat to these children. They get off the bus in the morning and faculty members line them up in nice strait lines for an orderly walk into school. A hundred children or so lined up all like ducks in a row and vulnerable as hell. Anybody else see the same thing that I'm seeing?
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

We need more guns…. It’s obvious.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:46 am Image

We need more guns…. It’s obvious.
So what is your solution? My solution is there is no solution short of banning guns altogether. The number of weapons is meaningless. It is trying to minimize the use of weapons by unstable people and criminals.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Hey gun, go shoot someone.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:19 am Hey gun, go shoot someone.
You just confused a huge gaggle of forum posters who can't comprehend the meaning of your short, succinct little post. They are the same people who believe SUVs randomly take control of the vehicle and drive into a tree.

Those newspaper headlines saying SUV drives into tree. :lol:
Should I be interpreting that misleading headline to read driver in SUV drives into a tree?

Hopefully MD lax can clear up this confusion for me? :D
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Hey kid, go kill 17 kids in a few minutes without a gun.

Bit harder, or no?
NattyBohChamps04

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 amOh I read your post alright. You list a litany of different assorted issues that you believe are serious problems in the USA today. Many of those same issues were a problem in 1976. They didn't just magically materialize overnight. There were still millions of guns in the 1970s. There was rampant drug abuse in the 70s. Alot of people went bankrupt in the 70s. Medical bankruptcies skyrocketed in direct correlation to medical costs skyrocketing. Alot of kids could not afford 4 years of college in the 70s. Do you remember what interest rates were on a home mortgage in the 70s? Of course I'm concerned that our kids are forced to learn in schools that resemble maximum security prisons. Do you think the kids don't understand that this is not what going to school is suppose to be like? Right along with fire drills they have to conduct active shooter drills. Do you think school children get use to going through metal detectors and having an armed police officer walking the hallways?? Maybe when little Jimmy leaves school and goes home to his video game to shoot up the world he fails to understand in the real world you don't come back to life. Guns and easy access to them is a huge problem. Those other issues are cultural and almost impossible to fix. I suppose we can be grateful our school children no longer have to duck and cover.
The guns in people's homes weren't 5.56 semi-autos with 30+ round magazines. They were hunting rifles, shotguns, revolvers.

Median home cost in 1976: $44k with a 8% mortgage rate. $258 per month with 20% down. Median salary: $14k

Drugs were nothing like the opioids of today. Sure there was abuse then, but the overdose death rate now is insanely higher than in 1976. Maybe 1-3 per 100,000 then vs. like 30 now

Average undergraduate tuition (tuition, fees, room and board) in 1976 for public universities: $1,935 :lol:

No one said people didn't face problems in the 1970's. The point is all those problems are now bigger, sometimes MUCH bigger.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

'The Telegraph' is now claiming Aiden Hale was hunting for the Chief Pastor of the church when he could not find the pastor he killed the pastor's 9 year old daughter and friends. The pastor was apparently counselling Hale and it wasn't going well I would imagine. A lot of the story was told to The Telegraph by a retired church pastor. They seem to be getting well out ahead of others.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

If more people went to church this would all be behind us.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:31 pm

Bit harder, or no?
You just made his point exactly. Beating your head against a wall.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:44 pm

Bit harder, or no?

Joe
Drugs don’t kill people….People that take drugs kill themselves. We need more drugs.

Of course drug use can have lethal consequences under certain circumstances. But it is never the molecule in itself that has murderous properties or intentions. Even water can “kill” you if you have too much or if it is too hot/cold. It is the context we should explore in which people who use drugs die. By demonising (some) substances and attributing them “killer instincts” we distort the reality and fail to recognise the role of set and setting.

Even tobacco does not “kill” in itself: it is the human behaviour of inhaling the carcinogenic smoke of cigarettes mass-produced and advertised by tobacco companies for many decades that kill millions of people every year. And it is not opioids in themselves that kill more young people in North America than car accidents. It is the black market supply of highly potent fentanyl-type drugs….

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:52 pm

Bit harder, or no?

Joe
Drugs don’t kill people….People that take drugs kill themselves. We need more drugs.
Barry Seal.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:55 pm

Bit harder, or no?

Joe
Barry Seal.

Joe
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:59 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:55 pm

Bit harder, or no?

Joe
Barry Seal.

Joe
Underrated Tom Cruise role!

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”