Rutgers @ JHU Saturday 3PM

D1 Mens Lacrosse
JHU69

Rutgers @ JHU Saturday 3PM

Post by JHU69 »

I think JHU by 2.
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Re: Rutgers @ JHU Saturday 3PM

Post by 1766 »

Knights by 3 but will win by 1 on the scoreboard. Love that home cooking Hopkins gets.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

1766 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:50 pm Knights by 3 but will win by 1 on the scoreboard. Love that home cooking Hopkins gets.
You sure make a lot of excuses for someone whose whole schtick is "no excuses"
molo

Post by molo »

I’ve seen Hopkins several times this year. They are several goals better than the Rutgers team that the Buckeyes shut down last weekend. Even conceding that that game was a subpar performance by the Knights, I’d lean towards the home team by a couple.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:33 pm
1766 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:50 pm Knights by 3 but will win by 1 on the scoreboard. Love that home cooking Hopkins gets.
you'd have a hard time making the case on hop home cooking the last 5 or 10 years based on penalties. or maybe it's based on the *trained eye* stuff.

of course, not a 'cuse away game goes by that the same isn't said, sometimes ad nauseum, on a jhu thread about the dome.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Blue Jays in triple OT. Marcille buried in the celebratory team pile up after 16 saves.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Unless the Jays dominate on face-offs, I think he will need more than 16.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

44WeWantMore wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:51 am Unless the Jays dominate on face-offs, I think he will need more than 16.
High scoring game, 15-14 in 3OT.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Massey’s has it as basically a pick ‘em,
though they’re showing as Rutgers by one
_________
Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 9.10.51 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 9.10.51 AM.png (92.1 KiB) Viewed 717 times
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

I don't know why this game would be 15-14. Doesn't mean it won't happen but the magic 8 ball says highly doubtful. If it is - I would think Milliman/Koesterer would be halfway disappointed even with a win because it meant their game plan didn't work. Given Rutgers' desire to shoot the ball close to 50 times a game and Hopkins penchant for NOT shooting 50 times a game - I think we are going to see some shot clock violations. The strategy almost has to be possess the ball - make the defense work and don't let them outwork you when the ball hits the ground. Other facts pointing to fewer goals - Rutgers has only allowed 14 twice and one of those games Utah scored 3 times in the last 3 or 4 minutes when the game was 18-11. The only 2 times Hopkins has reached 15 - St. Joes goalie made 6 saves - Michigan goalie made 8. Rutgers still wants and gets energy off the transition "NASCAR" personna. Hopkins actually did not do a horrible job on that last year - maybe the only thing other than Narewski that went OK. Job #1 is stop transition - make them work work work. The criticality of the game for Rutgers is obvious - it should be just as important for Hopkins - a win sets the table nicely for the rest of the season. IT is also a critical game for the goalie position - Marcille starts and plays well - all is good and forgiven - another performance with a very low save percentage and then you are in a bit of a pickle.
molo

Post by molo »

Led by the best tandem of poles this side of Zappitello and Makar, the Buckeyes nullified the Knights’ offense. Can the Jays, who lead with Mazzone and Smith in front of the usually reliable Marcille do the same?

Post by 1766 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:33 pm
No excuses ever. Let's get it on.

And don't get triggered so easily. I didn't make up the Hopkins home cooking. It's widely believed. Like I said, I wish we got that. Great for you guys.

Post by 1766 »

51percentcorn wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:05 am I don't know why this game would be 15-14. Doesn't mean it won't happen but the magic 8 ball says highly doubtful. If it is - I would think Milliman/Koesterer would be halfway disappointed even with a win because it meant their game plan didn't work. Given Rutgers' desire to shoot the ball close to 50 times a game and Hopkins penchant for NOT shooting 50 times a game - I think we are going to see some shot clock violations. The strategy almost has to be possess the ball - make the defense work and don't let them outwork you when the ball hits the ground. Other facts pointing to fewer goals - Rutgers has only allowed 14 twice and one of those games Utah scored 3 times in the last 3 or 4 minutes when the game was 18-11. The only 2 times Hopkins has reached 15 - St. Joes goalie made 6 saves - Michigan goalie made 8. Rutgers still wants and gets energy off the transition "NASCAR" personna. Hopkins actually did not do a horrible job on that last year - maybe the only thing other than Narewski that went OK. Job #1 is stop transition - make them work work work. The criticality of the game for Rutgers is obvious - it should be just as important for Hopkins - a win sets the table nicely for the rest of the season. IT is also a critical game for the goalie position - Marcille starts and plays well - all is good and forgiven - another performance with a very low save percentage and then you are in a bit of a pickle.
I would be shocked if this game is that high scoring. Conference games tend to be lower scoring and Hopkins loves to work deep into the shot clock. While Nascar is desired, teams have been adept at slowing it down, forcing more half court sets. Outside of OSU, those have been much better than in years past.

On paper this will be a close game, I just don't believe it will be that high scoring. Clearly a big game for both programs, more so for Rutgers due to being 0-1 in conference. The team will be hungry, no doubt about that. Hopefully for the Knights, a couple of injured guys will return.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:13 am Massey’s has it as basically a pick ‘em,
though they’re showing as Rutgers by one
_________
Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 9.10.51 AM.png
For whatever reason, Massey is now simulating 50/50 and Hop by one.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

curious to see if Cameron will be playing. the domination of ross scott plus cameron being out was a killer for RU. OSU's goalie played out of his mind as well.

should be a good one to watch - go ru!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Rutgers' depth of scoring, or lack thereof, has forced Brecht to throttle down on the old NASCAR transition game. They have to play slow these days. As OSU showed, slow down Scott and Knobloch, and the RU offense grinds to a halt. Hop has the defense to do that, too.

RU will have to choke off Angelus and Melendez. They're the most dynamic initiators on that offense (Grimes has played well of late). Make Hop beat you with their big boys dodging. It takes them longer to get going, and you can spring doubles when they're trying to back down their defenders.

Dugenio has played really well at the FOGO spot, but Hop can mix and match 3 guys. They can wear out opposing FOGOs.

This game seems like it's going to be a 10-8 slog. Gotta think Hop at home will be a little too much to overcome.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”