NCAA play-by-play announcers, who’s your top 3?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10 10 2

Re: NCAA play-by-play announcers, who’s your top 3?

Post by 10 10 2 »

I always thought Eamon McAnaney did a very good job and complimented Quint well throughout many of those NCAA Tournaments in the late aughts and 2010s. A lot of people liked to make fun of some of his overused quips (right down x street,) but I think he did a much better job at doing actual play-by-play announcing than the current primary ESPN play-by-play guy Anish Shroff.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Watching the Loyola Army game from Saturday right now and this Army play-by-play guy (ESPN+) is hilarious. Not the most knowledgeable perhaps.

Opinions on Boyle, QK, Carc et al. are cool, but OP asked about PBP not color.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:38 pm Watching the Loyola Army game from Saturday right now and this Army play-by-play guy (ESPN+) is hilarious. Not the most knowledgeable perhaps.

Opinions on Boyle, QK, Carc et al. are cool, but OP asked about PBP not color.
so who do you like?
threads often go technically and sometimes unilaterally off topic.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I'd point out how good the in-house Navy webcast & radio guys are, but I don't want anyone stealing them away.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

Joe B, Joe B, and Cody Chrusciel (Princeton).
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

Like the Navy guys and coach Zim, tells you want going on as compared to some who talk about everything but the game.
As a homer like the Hobart broadcast.
nms

Post by nms »

10 10 2 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:06 pm I always thought Eamon McAnaney did a very good job and complimented Quint well throughout many of those NCAA Tournaments in the late aughts and 2010s. A lot of people liked to make fun of some of his overused quips (right down x street,) but I think he did a much better job at doing actual play-by-play announcing than the current primary ESPN play-by-play guy Anish Shroff.
Agee 100%!!!
They were great together, and back then, Q was much better, just analyzing the game and not going off on lengthy tangents.
Husky1

Post by Husky1 »

Mike Rubin doing Brown games is a fun listen. Bit of a homer but if you’re listening to a Brown broadcast what do you expect. As to Quint and Carc, the lax bro idiots, the mute button is the only option. ESPN will never get lacrosse out of the niche listening category until they purge the airways of these two twits. Just call the game, that’s what’s important.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Husky1 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:44 pm Mike Rubin doing Brown games is a fun listen. Bit of a homer but if you’re listening to a Brown broadcast what do you expect. As to Quint and Carc, the lax bro idiots, the mute button is the only option. ESPN will never get lacrosse out of the niche listening category until they purge the airways of these two twits. Just call the game, that’s what’s important.
Wait... You dont enjoy Carc's awkward halftime interviews? Or when he tells you what he ate for dinner every night this week? Wow, that makes two of us.
Unknown Participant

manyhats wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:35 am Like the Navy guys and coach Zim, tells you want going on as compared to some who talk about everything but the game.
As a homer like the Hobart broadcast.
The guys doing this BU Navy game are excellent. Color is Evan Washburn, I forget who the PBP guy is. In fact Washburn has become one of my favorite color guys, he is that good.
Unknown Participant

It's a great game btw, on CBS sports
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Unknown Participant wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:59 pm It's a great game btw, on CBS sports
If you can get past has subtle digs at Navy. Tonight he was more neutral than past games, but wait for the Army game. Otherwise, I do think he does a solid job.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
JHU69

Post by JHU69 »

Beninati and Zimmerman!
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

JHU69 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:19 pm Beninati and Zimmerman!
I certainly liked Coach Zimm this afternoon. I think he has improved over the years, much more willing to speak up. I used to greatly prefer Coach Cottle as my favorite color, but I think it is a close call now.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”