ODAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: ODAC 2023

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

HSC can win if Perry stands on his head with 20 plus saves or his W&L counterpart is well below 50%. W&L should control the tempo of this contest and come away with the win. Hope I don’t regret this😂
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

HSC 3 - W&L 0 after Q1. Genieeeeeesssss uh ohhhhhhhh
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

I'd forgetting how much I love the layout of the HSC facilities. Excited for the 2nd half
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

W&L vs. HSC is down to the wire.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Goal play once again failed clear due to a bad pass . Repeating last game’s performance… OT. Cannot believe my eyes.
Geez HSC D is gassed with a reset of shot clock and W&L calls a time out. That’s a break for HSC bad read of the game. Bye bye Gennies lose 11-10
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

W&L Goalie is killing it during this OT! Holy crap.
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

OT4 - these guys are gonna sleep hard tonight
smoova

Post by smoova »

Laxguy703 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:00 pm W&L Goalie is killing it during this OT! Holy crap.
Both goalies are really playing well. This game is nuts. 4OT!
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

great shot - what a game for HSC. Tough L for W&L.
Oaklax

Post by Oaklax »

HSC played a full game and some… what a game to shake up the ODAC.
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

Well, well, well...my gennies, my gennies. My heart is broken. How could they let this happen? Maybe McCabe knew it was greek week in Farmville and had 1 too many beers causing him to not know how to coach a lacrosse team. A game is 4 quarters? No. 4 quarters + 4OTs. Obviously, Rostan knows how to coach his team to play a full length game.

Kudos to HSC Tigers. They should be up in the rankings to at least #3.
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

Tough loss, but way too much standing around on offense during the overtimes. Not sure I saw a single cutter the entire time nor a pass inside. Looked too much like the one on one offense of the last few years.

The goalie deserved much better.
ODAD

Post by ODAD »

Well... HSC is damn good.

Their defense played incredible and their goalie is one of the better ones I’ve seen in a while. The genies didn’t shoot well in the 1st Q, but that young man between the pipes really made multiple impressive and clutch stops. I hope #7 is okay - he seemed like one of the better O guys.

I would not say W&L lost that game but more so HSC won that game for 7/8 quarters. It didn’t come down to goalie play... that’s just one position on the field. The genies stopped the bleeding and crawled back to stay in the game but don’t have the O guy to get it done when they need one. Tough loss.

It’s safe to say this ODAC tournament will be very interesting.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Have to imagine that is a blow to the ODAC Pool C resumes.
droliver

Post by droliver »

Have to believe only Lynchburg could get an at large tournament bid after this W&L loss.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

droliver wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:12 pm Have to believe only Lynchburg could get an at large tournament bid after this W&L loss.
I’d say their resumes are pretty equal at this stage. Considering Lynchburg’s only win of value is W&L. I think their resumes are extremely similar.

Both are 6-4.

Lynchburg has head to head but only 1 win over a ranked opponent. That opponent is W&L.

W&L is 6-4 with two ranked wins (Denison and York) SOS will be negligible. There is a lot of lacrosse nationally to be played, W&Ls strength of schedule is a big asset to them that programs like Roanoke and HSC don’t have. They were a 5 loss team last year with a less impressive resume and got in. They weren’t the last team in either.

When you start to dive into at larges…

11 I think?

Liberty (3) - Union, SLU, ?
NESCAC (3) - Bowdoin, Amherst, Middlebury
Centennial (2-3) likely 2 Dickinson + ?Muhlenberg?
C2C (1) - CNU/Salisbury
ODAC (1) - W&L
+ 1 more

Then who’s in over them unless there are major conference upsets. MIT? Babson? A fifth NESCAC? A fourth centennial (unlikely), Kenyon? Stevenson?
Laxisback

Post by Laxisback »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:23 pm
droliver wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:12 pm Have to believe only Lynchburg could get an at large tournament bid after this W&L loss.
I’d say their resumes are pretty equal at this stage. Considering Lynchburg’s only win of value is W&L. I think their resumes are extremely similar.

Both are 6-4.

Lynchburg has head to head but only 1 win over a ranked opponent. That opponent is W&L.

W&L is 6-4 with two ranked wins (Denison and York) SOS will be negligible. There is a lot of lacrosse nationally to be played, W&Ls strength of schedule is a big asset to them that programs like Roanoke and HSC don’t have. They were a 5 loss team last year with a less impressive resume and got in. They weren’t the last team in either.

11 I think?

C2C (1) - CNU/Salisbury
ODAC (1) - W&L
+ 1 more

Then who’s in over them unless there are major conference upsets. MIT? Babson? A fifth NESCAC? A fourth centennial (unlikely), Kenyon? Stevenson?
C2C will get 2 at large, they don’t have an AQ.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Laxisback wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:33 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:23 pm

Both are 6-4.

11 I think?

C2C (1) - CNU/Salisbury
ODAC (1) - W&L
+ 1 more

C2C will get 2 at large, they don’t have an AQ.
Yes but one is pool B. So it’s still 11 spots.
elitelax4596

Post by elitelax4596 »

ODAD wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:14 pm Well... HSC is damn good.

Their defense played incredible and their goalie is one of the better ones I’ve seen in a while. The genies didn’t shoot well in the 1st Q, but that young man between the pipes really made multiple impressive and clutch stops. I hope #7 is okay - he seemed like one of the better O guys.

I would not say W&L lost that game but more so HSC won that game for 7/8 quarters. It didn’t come down to goalie play... that’s just one position on the field. The genies stopped the bleeding and crawled back to stay in the game but don’t have the O guy to get it done when they need one. Tough loss.

It’s safe to say this ODAC tournament will be very interesting.
Agreed. Tough to see #7 go down. Hope it’s nothing serious. Hats off to the HSC D and W&L fighting to the end. ODAC instant classic.

Can Roanoke get a win vs the “top 3” in the ODAC this year? If so things could get reaaalllll interesting.

ODAC tourney somewhere else but that pompous school in Lexington
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:23 pm Then who’s in over them unless there are major conference upsets. MIT? Babson? A fifth NESCAC? A fourth centennial (unlikely), Kenyon? Stevenson?
Wooster and the other merry band of undefeated-in-region Midwestern teams. But I think your generally right--pretty hard to squeeze out the runner up between W&L and Lynchburg. I don't know if they both make Pool C if, for example, HS snags the AQ.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”