Hobart 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2019

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Feel like if we get the AQ we might end up playing either Syracuse, Yale/Penn or PSU rather than UMD if any of those are top four seeds based on travel and budgetary considerations.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Come on now people. Don’t look past Romo or the nec. We beat Bryant and Sacred Heart by one goal. Nec is a straight up battle. Teams all know each other. No jinxing allowed.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

The only game that is important is the NEXT game. NEVER LOOK PAST YOUR NEXT OPPONENT!!! If you do, it is almost always a guaranteed L.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:56 pm Feel like if we get the AQ we might end up playing either Syracuse, Yale/Penn or PSU rather than UMD if any of those are top four seeds based on travel and budgetary considerations.
Yes, I agree that Syracuse or Penn would be good options for a trip if the circumstances played out that way for everyone.

Penn State is almost certainly going to be hosting the play-in winner unless their train comes completely derailed somehow.

And on the topic of potential future travel plans... for a reason that is apparently forbidden to speak of.
Geneva -> College Park, MD: 330 miles
Geneva -> New Haven, CT: 341 miles

That's essentially the same.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
Jimmy2Times

Post by Jimmy2Times »

Way too much lacrosse to be played before we can start thinking about first-round playoff games. First on the docket is the game down in Moon T'ship. Bobby Mo is not going to roll over for us, in fact, if we do not come out firing it is going to be a very long day. Let's take care of business and get the home-field advantage for the tourney.

Lets go Bart
Jimmy2Times

Post by Jimmy2Times »

Way too much lacrosse to be played before we can start thinking about first-round playoff games. First on the docket is the game down in Moon T'ship. Bobby Mo is not going to roll over for us, in fact, if we do not come out firing it is going to be a very long day. Let's take care of business and get the home-field advantage for the tourney.

Lets go Bart
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

You can say that again 😏

Seriously though, this team has had too many slow starts to not be a little concerned. RMU would love to play spoiler and they’re fighting for a NEC playoff spot too.

If they win and so does MSM and WC, they’re the 2 seed. If SJU and WC wins, RMU hosts as the 1 if they beat us too.

At least Hobart controls their own destiny. If Statesmen win, they’re in and host the tourney. Lose and it’s either a 2 or 3 seed on the road.

LFG
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

hey, I was just asking about the NEC AQ ... no jinx there. Someone's going to win it. (I know who I am rooting for).
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

There is the possibility of some crazy tiebreaker that could mean Hobart’s out. Pretty rare chance, so hopefully Statesmen just win and not let it come to that.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

Feeling good after looking at the comparative stats for the ROMO game today but boys need to keep pressure on for all four quarters. Two good offenses, so win at the X and limit any multiple goal runs that ROMO is capable of. Win today and play at home next week....GOBART
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

First half tough ... Anyone think this isn't the right league for us? How many one point games this year? Last year? RoMo goals off faceoff are killer. Holden's goal with 6 seconds left in half was fantastic. This will come down to the end.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

WHEN are we going to learn to NOT take our foot off the gas when we have a team on the ropes???

BURY THEM when you can.

This is as bad as the St. Joe's game. This team should be 12-2 right now and ranked comfortably. Completely blew a great 2nd half by Lucchesi.

Damn, I'm ticked off on this one. LEARN the F***ING LESSON already!

I'd rather lose playing loose than lose playing NOT TO WIN.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

I’m done with Raymond.

This team will have all the stats but the lack of heart shown today is so disappointing.

Even with the defense tanking, Sam stood on his head in the 4th to give them a chance to win. What a choke job.

0-0 starting Thursday. Will see if these kids and coaches can find what they had on Sr day and not be one and done.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

LRoggy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:06 pm WHEN are we going to learn to NOT take our foot off the gas when we have a team on the ropes???

BURY THEM when you can.

This is as bad as the St. Joe's game. This team should be 12-2 right now and ranked comfortably. Completely blew a great 2nd half by Lucchesi.

Damn, I'm ticked off on this one. LEARN the F***ING LESSON already!

I'd rather lose playing loose than lose playing NOT TO WIN.
Totally agree...this was on Raymond....too scared to lose....suggest they go down to the Mount and just let it rip....forget the coach
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Chickensh!t way to lose. Up by 4 starting Q4 and to stop playing the way you've won with falls on the coaching staff. Playing not to lose with the lead against an opportunistic team like Romo guaranteed the L. Failing to get the loose balls round the crease gave the Colonials the extra chances they needed and they took advantage of it. New season starts now. It's win or go home.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

BTW. Congrats to Romo. They never gave up today, or all season. MSM will have their hands full. Th
e Colonials are playing with a ton of confidence and momentum now.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

So Hobart needs to beat SHU and then the winner of MSM-RMU. Anybody can win this NEC tournament. Hobart had the edge , but after our loss today , we have much to prove( Congrats to RMU for never giving up) ....hopefully we will be pissed off at ourselves and hungry enough to go after each game aggressively...no more sitting on any lead unless it is at least 4 up with 2 minutes to go ( not an entire quarter!!!!). This team has the talent and should win this tournament. Two days of practice focused on SHU, a long bus ride on Wednesday and the Pioneers on Thursday.....hopefully a win and another encounter with either MSM or RMU, it should be an exciting tournament
Last edited by Bartman on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I agree with all of the criticisms about trying not lose. That game should have been a win. Players were asked to play a style at the end that is not theirs. Coach can't just impose a style. It is clear these guys play best when attacking. Didn't think they were allowed to play that way at the end.
Now they can play like there is nothing to lose because there isn't.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

When you stop attacking, you give the other team the chance to win. The coaching staff blew this one. Let the dogs loose. We have nothing to lose now.
Last edited by oldbartman on Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shoothi

Post by shoothi »

While there can be critique of the coach, I am of the opinion you have to look at the players.

The coach is not the one who did not pick up a ground ball, the coach did not make the wrong defensive slide, the coach did not get his stick checked out of his hands coming out of a time out, the coach did not stop chasing the goalie over the midfield line and a host of others bone head plays in this game.

With the tournament coming up, this is all mental...about being able to win and making a play....there are players that play the game and there are players that win games...two different things...they have the capability but do they have the internal make up to go out and make plays when it counts...we will find out.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”