NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
The12lov3

Re: NESCAC

Post by The12lov3 »

Not sure what forum you are reading but no one has said ""Tufts is legitimately unstoppable", "They are the greatest team in the history of D3", "Gosh their coach wears cool shoes"" - Tufts has beaten Amherst, Union, Lynchburg, Cabrini, and Stevens - all ranked teams (Steven no more but where when they played) and are incredible difficult to beat at Bello. You failed to recognize that the loses to RIT over the last few years that the games were played on RIT home field. Prior to the past two year Tufts has been pretty good at going up there and winning - 3 win on 4 attempts on the road prior to 2021 and 2022. Last year they got spanked. It happens. Does not predict what could happen this year and both have and equal shot to go all the way. Whoever gets the home field will have an advantage is what I am saying. Does not predict any outcome but an advantage.

No argument that Tufts still has to win to get to the championship but they have the talent and the depth to go all the way this year. Like any other team, they have to execute and stay injury free. Right now the only team that has shown that they can beat them is Amherst. Hopefully Tufts will get an opportunity to meet RIT this year but who knows with the new format.

2022 Away Rochester 15 - 26
2021 Away Rochester 16 - 18
2015 Away W 19 - 12
2014 Away W 21 - 11
2013 Away L 5 - 14
2012 Home 15 - 13
2011 Away 16 - 12
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Plus has won 11/12 or 12/13 of last Nescac titles, which is perhaps a better indicator than a social media campaign.
creasecone66

Post by creasecone66 »

warriorslax17 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:50 am Middlebury 16 Tufts 15. The Panthers have been close with or better than the Jumbos in the last few years and Tufts is due for a trap game.
With all the talk about Middlebury and given that loss put them behind Bowdoin in last year’s rankings until they squared off, I don’t understand how Tufts doesn’t have Midd and Bowdoin circled on the schedule to send a message to the keyboard warriors and d3 pundits that they’re in a tier of their own - which I believe.

As for the coaches with cool shoes comment, and I can’t believe I’m going here as I don’t have a…vested…interest in coach’s styles, Coach Batty at Babson has notable shoe game as well (I know I know I’ll take it to the newmac forum)
beantown_lax879

Post by beantown_lax879 »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:35 pm Not sure what forum you are reading but no one has said ""Tufts is legitimately unstoppable", "They are the greatest team in the history of D3", "Gosh their coach wears cool shoes"" - Tufts has beaten Amherst, Union, Lynchburg, Cabrini, and Stevens - all ranked teams (Steven no more but where when they played) and are incredible difficult to beat at Bello. You failed to recognize that the loses to RIT over the last few years that the games were played on RIT home field. Prior to the past two year Tufts has been pretty good at going up there and winning - 3 win on 4 attempts on the road prior to 2021 and 2022. Last year they got spanked. It happens. Does not predict what could happen this year and both have and equal shot to go all the way. Whoever gets the home field will have an advantage is what I am saying. Does not predict any outcome but an advantage.

No argument that Tufts still has to win to get to the championship but they have the talent and the depth to go all the way this year. Like any other team, they have to execute and stay injury free. Right now the only team that has shown that they can beat them is Amherst. Hopefully Tufts will get an opportunity to meet RIT this year but who knows with the new format.

2022 Away Rochester 15 - 26
2021 Away Rochester 16 - 18
2015 Away W 19 - 12
2014 Away W 21 - 11
2013 Away L 5 - 14
2012 Home 15 - 13
2011 Away 16 - 12
I count zero wins since Daly left.
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

creasecone66 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:20 pm
warriorslax17 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:50 am Middlebury 16 Tufts 15. The Panthers have been close with or better than the Jumbos in the last few years and Tufts is due for a trap game.
With all the talk about Middlebury and given that loss put them behind Bowdoin in last year’s rankings until they squared off, I don’t understand how Tufts doesn’t have Midd and Bowdoin circled on the schedule to send a message to the keyboard warriors and d3 pundits that they’re in a tier of their own - which I believe.

As for the coaches with cool shoes comment, and I can’t believe I’m going here as I don’t have a…vested…interest in coach’s styles, Coach Batty at Babson has notable shoe game as well (I know I know I’ll take it to the newmac forum)
I do not have a dog in this fight either, and as stated, time will tell if their frantic up and down style will pay off in May. While entertaining, I find them to be a bit too cavalier with possessions. That being said, their early season success against a pretty tough schedule, sans Colby and Trinity, two woefully inept conference foes, is impressive. Cabrini and Stevens are very solid teams and Lynchburg took Salisbury down to the wire so it is hard not to think that this could be a special year for the Elephants.
Personally, I am rooting for Midd, or Amherst to take the crown.
warriorslax17

Post by warriorslax17 »

Does Tufts actually pay for a specified social media campaign? Or is just coaches spending time on it?

It seems like something any school could do?
DaFuqDude

Post by DaFuqDude »

creasecone66 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:20 pm

I Wish my "Vested" Interest Coach wore cool sneaks, I am pretty confident that we would get more love in the polls
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

warriorslax17 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:54 pm Does Tufts actually pay for a specified social media campaign? Or is just coaches spending time on it?

I was told they pay about $30k for their video services a year.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

"I count zero wins since Daly left"

At least have a point of view that adds value to the conversation instead of making some comment that is irrelevant. Dom Starsia was upended by Bill Tierney early on in his career but Virginia was still a top program and he eventually won a NC. It took RIT coach Jake Coon 12 years to win a NC and RIT was fielding great teams every year. Tufts is field NC caliber teams every year. If that continues they will eventually beat RIT.

Some facts
The new coach has kept the team in the top tier of div3 lacrosse for last 7 years even with Daly departure. The last three or four years have been his recruiting classes exclusively.
He has made it to the final four the last two years and lost to RIT.
2023 team is a top team again and has a shot at a NC but needs to execute since nothing is free.
ergit

Post by ergit »

The12lov3 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:27 pm "I count zero wins since Daly left"

At least have a point of view that adds value to the conversation instead of making some comment that is irrelevant. Dom Starsia was upended by Bill Tierney early on in his career but Virginia was still a top program and he eventually won a NC. It took RIT coach Jake Coon 12 years to win a NC and RIT was fielding great teams every year. Tufts is field NC caliber teams every year. If that continues they will eventually beat RIT.

Some facts
The new coach has kept the team in the top tier of div3 lacrosse for last 7 years even with Daly departure. The last three or four years have been his recruiting classes exclusively.
He has made it to the final four the last two years and lost to RIT.
2023 team is a top team again and has a shot at a NC but needs to execute since nothing is free.
Bingo. Facts…
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

:D
InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:07 pm
warriorslax17 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:54 pm Does Tufts actually pay for a specified social media campaign? Or is just coaches spending time on it?

I also have heard similar…I know when jmblxtv was operating still they were using $100k camera setups with cine Lenses and multiple shooters lol
JaxsonGrey68

Post by JaxsonGrey68 »

georgeoar394 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:09 pm :D
InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:07 pm

I also have heard similar…I know when jmblxtv was operating still they were using $100k camera setups with cine Lenses and multiple shooters lol
As been mentioned too many times to count, the Tufts Social Media game is to some completely over the top. I for one have zero issues with it as they are taking advantage of their resources and am sure fund raising as well. I think it is super creative and am sure the kids love it and it is a great recruiting tool. If you don't like, don't look it and certainly do not follow them.

On another point, I have far more of an issue with the way they comport themselves on the bench. I get letting the kids have fun, but at some point have a little humility and class and act like you have been there before. Let me know the next time a Nick Saban, Geno Aureiemma, Coach K, you pick the great coach lets his kids act like horses A$$es on the bench. Respect the game and respect your opponent.
D3laxisgoated

Post by D3laxisgoated »

Wesleyan vs Hamilton is the game I’m looking forward to this Saturday. We’ll see what both teams are made of. Looking forward to see how Wesleyan’s offense looks. That’s a team and coach who can get hot quick (History has shown).
guslax

Post by guslax »

Midd 18, Tufts 14

I wouldn’t really call this a trap game given that Midd is 7-0 so Tufts should be expecting it to be competitive (also Midd blew them out last year which I’m sure they haven’t forgotten).

I expect the Tufts run and gun offense to be stifled by the Midd zone and Midd shooters to carry the day. Will be a good game but Panthers all day.

The real question is will Tufts post a losing score on their Instagram?!
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

guslax wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:24 pm Midd 18, Tufts 14

I wouldn’t really call this a trap game given that Midd is 7-0 so Tufts should be expecting it to be competitive (also Midd blew them out last year which I’m sure they haven’t forgotten).

I expect the Tufts run and gun offense to be stifled by the Midd zone and Midd shooters to carry the day. Will be a good game but Panthers all day.

Lol, I watched Middlebury vs RPI a couple weeks ago. They get an ‘A’ for average based on that performance. Last year’s win against Tufts was Midd’s biggest in several years. I’m expecting Tufts to stomp them out early and have young guys in there by the 4th quarter.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

guslax wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:24 pm Midd 18, Tufts 14

Back away from the bong. Mid has been impressive so far, but Tufts will not take them lightly and drop 6 or 7 goal spread on them.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

beantown_lax879 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:42 pm I count zero wins since Daly left.
So...you count two losses in the national semifinals to the eventual national champion? Geez, Tufts should really move on and find a coach who knows how to win! :roll:

Tufts is 90-14 with D'Annolfo as HC. 90-14! If not winning a title means a coach is a failure, then sure. I just don't think that's a very good way to look at this.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

ah23 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:01 am
beantown_lax879 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:42 pm I count zero wins since Daly left.
So...you count two losses in the national semifinals to the eventual national champion? Geez, Tufts should really move on and find a coach who knows how to win! :roll:

Tufts is 90-14 with D'Annolfo as HC. 90-14! If not winning a title means a coach is a failure, then sure. I just don't think that's a very good way to look at this.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting that. However it is fair to say that Tufts literally gets better players year after year than everyone in D3. They have a full fledge Nike contract better than most Ivys. More academic, admissions, and financial support than every peer school of theirs by a significant margin. When D’Annolfo took over Tufts had been to 3 out of the last 4 national championships. They haven’t been to one since.

It’s like taking Alabama footballs roster for the last 8 years and never making a national championship. Only imagine if Alabama was one of the only schools spending that amount of money to win. That’s essentially what Tufts is.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:43 am

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that. However it is fair to say that Tufts literally gets better players year after year than everyone in D3. They have a full fledge Nike contract better than most Ivys. More academic, admissions, and financial support than every peer school of theirs by a significant margin. When D’Annolfo took over Tufts had been to 3 out of the last 4 national championships. They haven’t been to one since.

It’s like taking Alabama footballs roster for the last 8 years and never making a national championship. Only imagine if Alabama was one of the only schools spending that amount of money to win. That’s essentially what Tufts is.
Tufts get better players because of the coach and the ability to sell the player and the family on the school. Yes he has not been to NC but it takes time even for new coaches that inherit top programs to make it. The 2020 team was pretty special to have the season cut short. To be honest, most programs go to turd after the coach leaves but that has not been the case with Tufts. He get better athlete because of his ability to spot and DEVELOP talent. Jack Boyten is a great example. He developed him into the player that he is and who is arguable the best player at the division 3 level in the country. Yes I said that. There are plenty of schools that have the resources, academics, and location Tufts has and they are NOT perennial d3 powerhouses year in and year out for the last decade. D'Annolfo took the Tafts team from one of the worst teams to one of the best teams in the country. He is a great coach and will eventually prove it to all you naysayers
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

The12lov3 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:48 am
InsiderRoll wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:43 am

Tufts get better players because of the coach and the ability to sell the player and the family on the school. Yes he has not been to NC but it takes time even for new coaches that inherit top programs to make it. The 2020 team was pretty special to have the season cut short. To be honest, most programs go to turd after the coach leaves but that has not been the case with Tufts. He get better athlete because of his ability to spot and DEVELOP talent. Jack Boyten is a great example. He developed him into the player that he is and who is arguable the best player at the division 3 level in the country. Yes I said that. There are plenty of schools that have the resources, academics, and location Tufts has and they are NOT perennial d3 powerhouses year in and year out for the last decade. D'Annolfo took the Tafts team from one of the worst teams to one of the best teams in the country. He is a great coach and will eventually prove it to all you naysayers
I defy you to name 1 D3 school that has the budget, resources, size, academic prestige, location, and exposure that Tufts has. Just one. Tufts just flipped a kid from Ohio State, show me 1 D3 school that has the brand capable of doing that.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”