The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:05 pm
Talk about a movie that didn't age well. Still wildly funny in most places though.

Nobody under the age of 18 is admitted.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

He-She!!
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:06 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:26 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:52 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:36 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:32 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:25 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:59 am
A. doctors losing their license because they question Gavin Newsome and his California law

B. or .....this "performance" law, which, some have interprerupted as "just walking down the street", and rightly so, because it is a lame law.
C. none of the above. Global hunger is more important. So why are you wasting your time talking about some California doctor losing his license, RRR?
now that IS some ole school "net moving"....

...congrats.
Because bringing up Gavin freaking Newsom and some stupid doctor out of left field....... in a discussion about a punitive law targeting Drag Queens makes perfect sense to you, right?
and BAM...right on cue....the hate directed towards another poster. comical. and AFAN just lets it all ride and slide.

stay classy everyone
:lol: It's "hate" for pointing out that Gavin Newsom and doctors have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand? That's your claim?

This is a cool game you're playing. If a poster dares to interact with you, that's wrong, and is "hate". And yet you rip people for ignoring you.

Neat. Anything else your fellow posters are doing wrong? Let's get it all out of your system.
Click on the username to get to profile; click on words "Add Foe;" have a beer.
:lol: :lol:

it's only because I want to fist you, seacoaster.....

AFAN sees your response as cool. Love, not hate, directed at Bisexuals, like me.

foe....does NOT equal hate....according to AFAN

such trolls. I admit I am bi sexual.....hey admin......is this a problem...the FOE directed at the very same group of people they think they are helping.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/ugly- ... 6/amp-page

Damn drag queens reading to children!!
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:40 am https://news.artnet.com/art-world/ugly- ... 6/amp-page

That dude has big t*****s.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:29 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:40 am https://news.artnet.com/art-world/ugly- ... 6/amp-page

your hateful comment IS the problem......you just committed an act of violence. (remember, mis pronouning IS...an act of violence...and I can back that statement up with plenty of evidence )

clearly, TLD was pointing out the HISTORY of trans.......but you just had to go there....and call the person in the picture a "dude"

such an act of hate ;)

p.S. I don't really think it is an act of violence......but you support those that do.

which side are you on?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

I wonder if the artist painted that after a few beers and 2:00 am?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:41 am

your hateful comment IS the problem......you just committed an act of violence. (remember, mis pronouning IS...an act of violence...and I can back that statement up with plenty of evidence )

clearly, TLD was pointing out the HISTORY of trans.......but you just had to go there....and call the person in the picture a "dude"

such an act of hate ;)

p.S. I don't really think it is an act of violence......but you support those that do.

which side are you on?
What if I just like t****es?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:48 am

Probably after a night out in Bangkok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:48 am

Probably after a night out in Bangkok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU
Who is going to find out??!!
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Who knew there are such hero's in Nebraska? State Senators Hunt and Cavanaugh I say yea!!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:37 am Who knew there are such hero's in Nebraska? State Senators Hunt and Cavanaugh I say yea!!
I can be fairly petty so she’s got competition.

But a serious question that I’ve wondered is how does one know enough to reject their biological gender at 12? I’m for exploring our humanity as children growing up in all its forms and fashions (despite individualism having gone too far, broadly speaking, IMO). But by declaring one is transgender at that age they are implicitly (or explicitly) rejecting the other right. So I’m against these restrictions but kind of wonder if it’s a mistake to take medical actions at a younger age. Are we going to see multiple surgeries at some point back and forth by/before age 30 in the future? Does it matter? I have to think more surgery is not good physiologically.

I’m sure folks on both sides or whatever will win with this and avoid/refuse having a serious conversation here but as a parent, and I have ones who seem pretty set in what they are but still young, I don’t want to indulge the impulses of my kids with long term consequences just support them exploring what makes them confident standing on their own two feet and knowing they are always supported and loved and that feels like maybe saying “umm yeah, no Daughter, I’m not doing hormone blocking procedures at age 9-10 for you”.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:32 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:37 am Who knew there are such hero's in Nebraska? State Senators Hunt and Cavanaugh I say yea!!

But a serious question that I’ve wondered is how does one know enough to reject their biological gender at 12? I’m for exploring our humanity as children growing up in all its forms and fashions (despite individualism having gone too far, broadly speaking, IMO). But by declaring one is transgender at that age they are implicitly (or explicitly) rejecting the other right. So I’m against these restrictions but kind of wonder if it’s a mistake to take medical actions at a younger age. Are we going to see multiple surgeries at some point back and forth by/before age 30 in the future? Does it matter? I have to think more surgery is not good physiologically.

I’m sure folks on both sides or whatever will win with this and avoid/refuse having a serious conversation here but as a parent, and I have ones who seem pretty set in what they are but still young, I don’t want to indulge the impulses of my kids with long term consequences just support them exploring what makes them confident standing on their own two feet and knowing they are always supported and loved and that feels like maybe saying “umm yeah, no Daughter, I’m not doing hormone blocking procedures at age 9-10 for you”.
I had pointed this out a few years back and Old Salt found it humorous…. My wife teaches genetics and she has covered these topics in classes. She occasionally has nursing students….

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herculi ... n_(memoir)

“Being intersex is a naturally occurring variation in humans, and it isn’t a medical problem — therefore, medical interventions (like surgeries or hormone therapy) on children usually aren’t medically necessary. Being intersex is also more common than most people realize. It’s hard to know exactly how many people are intersex, but estimates suggest that about 1-2 in 100 people born in the U.S. are intersex.

There are many different ways someone can be intersex. Some intersex people have genitals or internal sex organs that fall outside the male/female categories — such as a person with both ovarian and testicular tissues. Other intersex people have combinations of chromosomes that are different than XY ( usually associated with male) and XX (usually associated with female), like XXY. And some people are born with external genitals that fall into the typical male/female categories, but their internal organs or hormones don’t.”
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... I'll bet as a parent, you don't want a bunch of self-righteous aholes with no medical training but an over-abundance of religious fever limiting the range of decisions you might make, with their certainty those therapies are bad for your child and not suitable for anyone. I would most certainly not want to be put in the position of having to make a decision for a child of mine with such issues, but it is clear the right place for that decision is the parent in consultation with competent medical and psychological professionals and trusted advisors -- not these Christian Karens and their politicians making a one size fits all "law".
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

The measure includes puberty blockers, meaning that trans youth would have to go through puberty associated with the wrong gender and live with its permanent effects if this bill passes.
That's a quote from the article and I'm not sure why, but I have a problem with it.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:18 am

... I'll bet as a parent, you don't want a bunch of self-righteous aholes with no medical training but an over-abundance of religious fever limiting the range of decisions you might make, with their certainty those therapies are bad for your child and not suitable for anyone. I would most certainly not want to be put in the position of having to make a decision for a child of mine with such issues, but it is clear the right place for that decision is the parent in consultation with competent medical and psychological professionals and trusted advisors -- not these Christian Karens and their politicians making a one size fits all "law".
Or a parent might think of it like joining the military or marriage and that a child can't make that decision until they are 17/18.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:52 am

Or a parent might think of it like joining the military or marriage and that a child can't make that decision until they are 17/18.
... that would be best but for the fact that some of these kids end up suicides before reaching 17/18. Perhaps that would be different if society were more understanding.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:05 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:52 am

... that would be best but for the fact that some of these kids end up suicides before reaching 17/18. Perhaps that would be different if society were more understanding.
Do those that transition have a lower rate of suicide?

Return to “POLITICS”