NCAA play-by-play announcers, who’s your top 3?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Crease Crank

NCAA play-by-play announcers, who’s your top 3?

Post by Crease Crank »

Watched the OSU/RU game on Sunday evening and IMO, Joe Beninati is the best, a true professional. His experience calling PBP for the Caps translates so well to the lacrosse field. He and Mark Dixon did a phenomenal job calling the game with fluidity and not wandering down a path of feelings for the 3rd cousin of a player or their love for food. He calls every matchup, every player, brings energy and his style speeds the game up. Awesome to listen too.

Lots of broadcasters out there now with the streaming opportunities. Who’s your TOP 3 broadcasters???

Mine:
1. Joe B
2. Ryan B
3. Anyone than the normal 3
kramerica.inc

Re: NCAA play-by-play announcers, who’s your top 3?

Post by kramerica.inc »

Who is the Army color guy on ESPN last week? They are a fine, very well-respected institution.
Think they would get someone that wasn't so schticky.
I thought it was a put-on until he kept it up for 4 quarters.
:lol:
Is it satire? If so, well done.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

The Hofstra announcers/jabronis.
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

The normal 3 are an embarrassment. Lax Bro homers. Dixon and Joe B. are the gold standard.
fsclax

Post by fsclax »

Yes, Joe B. is the best I've ever heard. An absolute professional.

I watched a Princeton game a few weeks ago and Cody Chrusciel was doing the game solo. He was tremendous.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

fsclax wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:39 am Yes, Joe B. is the best I've ever heard. An absolute professional.

I watched a Princeton game a few weeks ago and Cody Chrusciel was doing the game solo. He was tremendous.
1. Joe B
2. Joe B
3. Joe B

The ONLY play-by-play guy who knows the game, does the research and sticks to what’s happening on the field. Cotter and Anish are jokers.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Ryan Boyle isn't a play-by-play announcer. He does color. But he's great.

I like Joe Beninati.

I'll second the kudos for Cody Chrusciel.
DMac

Post by DMac »

1. Sheehan Stanwick Burch
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

IMHO Nick Mantegna of Villanova was the best I have heard.

I watch a lot of FLO sports and Marlee Matlin would sound better than anybody FLO has ever had.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:09 am 1. Sheehan Stanwick Burch
She has my vote, along with Dixon (play-by-play, although he still mixes up players’ numbers) and, yes, QK for analysis.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

jersey shore lax wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:36 pm IMHO Nick Mantegna of Villanova was the best I have heard.

I watch a lot of FLO sports and Marlee Matlin would sound better than anybody FLO has ever had.
Agree. Villanova has the best "local" broadcast team I've heard. Knowledgeable and enthusiastic.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

sean mcdonough did a big game or 2 and wish he did more. evan washburn, too, seems to have outgrown it. glad there's beninati, but with his tie in to the b1g, doubtful we'll ever see him on playoff games anytime soon. so we get the stooges.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:32 pm sean mcdonough did a big game or 2 and wish he did more. evan washburn, too, seems to have outgrown it. glad there's beninati, but with his tie in to the b1g, doubtful we'll ever see him on playoff games anytime soon. so we get the stooges.
We can hear about the antipasta spread a player's mom laid out for the guys and how the dad is a great golfer and can put down two meatball subs from Angelino's in Roslyn.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:41 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:32 pm sean mcdonough did a big game or 2 and wish he did more. evan washburn, too, seems to have outgrown it. glad there's beninati, but with his tie in to the b1g, doubtful we'll ever see him on playoff games anytime soon. so we get the stooges.
We can hear about the antipasta spread a player's mom laid out for the guys and how the dad is a great golfer and can put down two meatball subs from Angelino's in Roslyn.
guess cotter can put up some weight, too. who do you think will be the best back pipe cutter since the french canadien origins after dickson's done?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

It may vary from institution to institution and league to league, but are these 'school' announcers direct employees of the schools? Do the schools/leagues have their own production companies or is the work contracted out to independent entities?
I remember some broadcast systems before espn+, Ivy TV for example, and some still around, big boy B1G network of course, ACCN...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

pxp - Joe B. is the class of the sport

analyst - Boyle

Quint is also good when he's not paired with Carc. He can be pretty insightful when he's not distracted
Crease Crank

Post by Crease Crank »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:55 pm pxp - Joe B. is the class of the sport

analyst - Boyle

Quint is also good when he's not paired with Carc. He can be pretty insightful when he's not distracted
Would love to see these 3 do championship weekend together. How can ESPN make this happen??? The sport needs new voices in order to grow the game.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:41 pm
Typical - are you referring to Roslyn on (not in) Longisland (one word not two) ? than you meant HERO not subs.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

OK, I have to be the contrarian and say that I'm not a Joe B fan. I find his voice grating.

I like the local announcers at lots of places. To name just one, Princeton's are good.

And I like Anish when he's paired with Boyle, or really anyone but Q and C, who just drag him down to their pathetic level of pure drivel.
DMac

Post by DMac »

CU77 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:21 pm OK, I have to be the contrarian and say that I'm not a Joe B fan. I find his voice grating.
Am in complete agreement with you here, and his MCing the T Awards ceremony makes me crazy!!!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”