2023 FanLax Forum Poll

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Faxlax

Re: 2023 FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Faxlax »

Some poll submissions are unworthy of credence- on their face.
BD- this might apply to you.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Faxlax wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:22 pm Some poll submissions are unworthy of credence- on their face.
BD is the only one I see...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

MrLax2U wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:21 pm
Did not qualify and should not ever be considered as part of a very serious Division 3 lacrosse blog discussion about championship contenders:

-Denison
Hey charlie; Respectfully disagree about Denison. Several years ago Coach Caravana had a team lead by Butler/Rooney in the semis and one pass away from the finals. I think Big Red has a solid chance to run the balance of their 2023 schedule into May. Depending on the new bracket system they could have a decent shot at RIT in a semi. I consider Big Red - Best of the West. Thank you for posting.
This rationale explains you only voting for one CC team. You're entitled to your (Mid)Western (and Southern) bias.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

This rationale explains you only voting for one CC team. You're entitled to your (Mid)Western (and Southern) bias.
Hey Coach; I root for WAC (7-2) and would have listed them except for the Cortland blowout loss. Why did Beville run up the score like that? He's an alum and in WAC HoF I think. Had he applied for the HC position when it was open?
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

MrLax2U wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:21 pm
Did not qualify and should not ever be considered as part of a very serious Division 3 lacrosse blog discussion about championship contenders:

-Denison
Hey charlie; Respectfully disagree about Denison. Several years ago Coach Caravana had a team lead by Butler/Rooney in the semis and one pass away from the finals. I think Big Red has a solid chance to run the balance of their 2023 schedule into May. Depending on the new bracket system they could have a decent shot at RIT in a semi. I consider Big Red - Best of the West. Thank you for posting.
I like how you are looking past wooster and York. Both games on the road. Since you don’t have either of them ranked, that would be crushing for the season
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

I ranked Wooster right below LYN and W&L. You're right, York should be ranked. Great coach and excellent program. Where would you put them?
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

MrLax2U wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:09 pm I ranked Wooster right below LYN and W&L. You're right, York should be ranked. Great coach and excellent program. Where would you put them?
I posted my poll on Sunday. I have York at 11. Denison at 9
Wooster (although 10-0) hasn’t played anyone in top 20 yet, so tough to tell if they deserve a ranking yet.
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

I haven't watched a lot of these teams, but thought the variety was kind of interesting and wanted to look at the results. Thanks to everyone for submitting!
laxratings_3_27_23.png
laxratings_3_27_23.png (87.57 KiB) Viewed 832 times
believer column tags "everyone" if more than 10 voters ranked them.
Doubter column tags "everyone" if the team only got 1 vote.
Believer and doubter choices identify the biggest differential owner from the Fanlax forum average.
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

The image cut Trine off, but obviously feel free to discuss them as desired.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Notgoodatlax wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:11 pm The image cut Trine off, but obviously feel free to discuss them as desired.
Thanks for the hard work on this. Quite interesting. Just saying I am not a SJF homer and I know they are 04, but I think a team just outside the top 20. Tufts played them in the NCAAs the last two years ffs.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

MrLax2U wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:18 pm
Hey Coach; I root for WAC (7-2) and would have listed them except for the Cortland blowout loss. Why did Beville run up the score like that? He's an alum and in WAC HoF I think. Had he applied for the HC position when it was open?
They did practice against each other daily for a while.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:25 pm
Notgoodatlax wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:11 pm The image cut Trine off, but obviously feel free to discuss them as desired.
Thanks for the hard work on this. Quite interesting. Just saying I am not a SJF homer and I know they are 04, but I think a team just outside the top 20. Tufts played them in the NCAAs the last two years ffs.
No judgment on your choices - thanks for helping us kill time between games! SJF are playing strong teams to close games and losing in the end - 23 feels pretty reasonable even if you're the only one who put them up. I'll put together my own ranking next week so I can show my blind spots. :D
ah23

Post by ah23 »

SKUD wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 pm I feel that anyone that currently has RPI, SJF or Stevenson in their poll is not serious, Dan Kaplan included.
I love the work that he does for D-III overall, but he’s one of a few people who refuse to drop a select group of teams out of their rankings no matter what they do on the field. IL poll is very good at times and very “it’s still 2014!!!” at other times as a result.
Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:25 pm Just saying I am not a SJF homer and I know they are 04, but I think a team just outside the top 20. Tufts played them in the NCAAs the last two years ffs.
They are 0-6. Ranking them at all is ridiculous, let alone ranking them ahead of Cortland (a 5-2 team that beat them by seven goals), Dickinson, or about thirty other teams. I don’t really get why Tufts vaporizing them in the NCAAs last season matters in 2023.
Faxlax wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:22 pm Some poll submissions are unworthy of credence- on their face.
Yep. They need an outlet that isn’t trolling around in the various forums here antagonizing people and ranting about Wooster.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

I thought at least one person would stand by me with Gettysburg at 4, but apparently not. I guess that one goal loss to Denison took away their wins against Salisbury, W&L, Ursinus, and Stevenson in all of your eyes.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Notgoodatlax wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:10 pm I haven't watched a lot of these teams, but thought the variety was kind of interesting and wanted to look at the results...
Notgood, this is great. Let me know if I can send you anything (including the spreadsheet) to make it easier for you to create stuff like this. Great.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

Notgoodatlax wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:10 pm I haven't watched a lot of these teams, but thought the variety was kind of interesting and wanted to look at the results. Thanks to everyone for submitting!

laxratings_3_27_23.png

Believer and doubter choices identify the biggest differential owner from the Fanlax forum average.
Interesting to see myself as a doubter of four teams that I have ranked :D
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:26 am I thought at least one person would stand by me with Gettysburg at 4, but apparently not. I guess that one goal loss to Denison took away their wins against Salisbury, W&L, Ursinus, and Stevenson in all of your eyes.
We all have our own way of thinking and posting (whether you believe there are 25 teams that should be ranked or not). At the time, it was a solid win for the Bullets against W&L and Salisbury. Stevenson and Ursinus, not so much IMO. Bullets only fell (overall) from 6 to 8. Most pollsters were consistent with their ranking the previous week of them, were they not??
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

HomerCoach wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:29 am
Notgoodatlax wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:10 pm I haven't watched a lot of these teams, but thought the variety was kind of interesting and wanted to look at the results. Thanks to everyone for submitting!

laxratings_3_27_23.png

Interesting to see myself as a doubter of four teams that I have ranked :D
I'll take a look today to make sure there aren't any errors in my calc - it is possible though that even with a ranking you were skeptical of the forum's average ranking (e.g. you had St Lawrence at 16 when the average was 9)

I did mistakenly have you Stevenson ranking at both 15 and 17 for you which resulted in your 'doubter' position for them. I summed the two spots to 32 and given the average position of 26 it meant you 'lagged' the average by 6 slots. I'll fix that though since it's a typo on my part!
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

Damn excel for auto completing Stevens to Stevenson :lol: HomerCoach you're now Stevenson's biggest believer with a +11 ranking over the average 26. The other doubter slots you had (St Lawrence, Bowdoin, and Babson) are due to your ranking of those teams being far lower than the average from other voters.
Notgoodatlax

Post by Notgoodatlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:15 am
Notgoodatlax wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:10 pm I haven't watched a lot of these teams, but thought the variety was kind of interesting and wanted to look at the results...
Notgood, this is great. Let me know if I can send you anything (including the spreadsheet) to make it easier for you to create stuff like this. Great.
Having a copy of the final excel would be excellent. I manually punched these in yesterday which created at least one error (swapping HomerCoach's Stevens ranking for Stevenson). Here is the input I captured from yesterday.
laxrankings_by_ranker.png
laxrankings_by_ranker.png (75.14 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”