Centennial Conference 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxdds

Re: Centennial Conference 2023

Post by Laxdds »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:09 pm Busy week in the CC with almost all teams playing some big games this week.

Wednesday

-Stockton vs Swarthmore- This is going to be a really interesting midweek matchup. Both offenses can score but I think Swat has the edge on defense. Swat 16-11
- RMC vs McDaniel- Another intriguing midweek matchup. McDaniel has already eclipsed their win total from last season. RMC will control the face-off dot which will overwhelm McDaniels defense. RMC 13-8

Thursday

-Muhlenberg vs Emerson- Mules win this with ease. 20-6

Friday

-F&M vs York- Both these teams need this game. York is better on defense and F&M has the firepower to score with the best of them. How the Dips do at the face-off dot determine how this game goes. Give me F&M 13-11
-Dickinson vs Stevenson- Stevensons out of conference schedule is brutal but a night game at the Mustang is just what the doctor ordered. Dickinson gets caught up in the bright lights and falls to the Stangs 14-12

Saturday

-Haverford vs Skidmore- The Fords find some momentum building into conference play Haverford 10-9
- Gettysburg vs Denison- Gettysburg is just to talented. Denison is "W&L Light" Bullets 15-6
-WAC vs Mary Washington- The Shoremen had started the season strong but a blow out loss to Cortland has me doubting the progress I thought I had seen so far. This is a great bounce back game heading into conference WAC 17-12
-McDaniel vs Saint Vincent- SVC is undefeated with a win at OWU. McDaniel hopes to keep a strong early season going. SVC 13-10
-Ursinus vs SJF- Both these teams are trying to figure out themselves. Ursinus pulls out a close one 12-11
- Swarthmore vs Arcadia- Blow out win for the Garnett 19-8
-Dickinson vs CNU- Dickinson is going to need a great performance from their goalie. CNU cruises 15-10
-F&M vs Lynchburg- LBurg has a gauntlet of a week. This helps F&M who comes out of this weekend a huge winner to avenge last weeks collapse. F&M 14-12
RotWAC
I always appreciate your insight and thoroughness in your game breakdowns. I agree on all but 2 games. I like Dickinson over Stevenson by the same 14-12.
-F&M, it's a huge ask for them to get 2 wins this weekend, it would be great for the Centennial if they did. I think they take York in a real barn burner something like 16-15. That will wipe them out and Lynchburg's D is just to much. Lynchburg 13 F&M 8
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

Laxdds wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:58 pm
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:09 pm Busy week in the CC with almost all teams playing some big games this week.

Wednesday

-Stockton vs Swarthmore- This is going to be a really interesting midweek matchup. Both offenses can score but I think Swat has the edge on defense. Swat 16-11
- RMC vs McDaniel- Another intriguing midweek matchup. McDaniel has already eclipsed their win total from last season. RMC will control the face-off dot which will overwhelm McDaniels defense. RMC 13-8

Thursday

Friday

-F&M vs York- Both these teams need this game. York is better on defense and F&M has the firepower to score with the best of them. How the Dips do at the face-off dot determine how this game goes. Give me F&M 13-11
-Dickinson vs Stevenson- Stevensons out of conference schedule is brutal but a night game at the Mustang is just what the doctor ordered. Dickinson gets caught up in the bright lights and falls to the Stangs 14-12

Saturday

-Haverford vs Skidmore- The Fords find some momentum building into conference play Haverford 10-9
- Gettysburg vs Denison- Gettysburg is just to talented. Denison is "W&L Light" Bullets 15-6
-WAC vs Mary Washington- The Shoremen had started the season strong but a blow out loss to Cortland has me doubting the progress I thought I had seen so far. This is a great bounce back game heading into conference WAC 17-12
-McDaniel vs Saint Vincent- SVC is undefeated with a win at OWU. McDaniel hopes to keep a strong early season going. SVC 13-10
-Ursinus vs SJF- Both these teams are trying to figure out themselves. Ursinus pulls out a close one 12-11
-Dickinson vs CNU- Dickinson is going to need a great performance from their goalie. CNU cruises 15-10
-F&M vs Lynchburg- LBurg has a gauntlet of a week. This helps F&M who comes out of this weekend a huge winner to avenge last weeks collapse. F&M 14-12
RotWAC
I always appreciate your insight and thoroughness in your game breakdowns. I agree on all but 2 games. I like Dickinson over Stevenson by the same 14-12.
-F&M, it's a huge ask for them to get 2 wins this weekend, it would be great for the Centennial if they did. I think they take York in a real barn burner something like 16-15. That will wipe them out and Lynchburg's D is just to much. Lynchburg 13 F&M 8
I am curious to hear your analysis on the York/F&M game. How do you see the matchups

I give the edge to York on faceoff , York D over F&M offense. And F&M defense a wash with York offense. Seeing that F&M toughest game so far is Roanoke, they haven’t really been tested yet.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

AbeFroeman wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:02 pm

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

RotWAC
I am curious to hear your analysis on the York/F&M game. How do you see the matchups

I give the edge to York on faceoff , York D over F&M offense. And F&M defense a wash with York offense. Seeing that F&M toughest game so far is Roanoke, they haven’t really been tested yet.
Yes the same F&M that lost all but 5 faceoffs vs ETown(who’s FOGO will end up garnering AA status this year), yet still scored 12 goals and lost in overtime. Imagine if they had gone 35-40% that day. York will win the Faceoff battle but I don’t see it being as egregious as ETown vs F&M. F&Ms offense is one of the best in the south and Yorks defense seems suspect to high power offenses this season. Additionally Yorks offense has been been at best avg this year (minus a blowout win vs Ursinus).York cannot beat their matchup consistently. F&Ms defense always has talented players; their weakness has always been team defense. But if you don’t have to slide,mistakes won’t be made. This will be a close game and I know the York faithful on this board would follow Childs like he’s a cult leader(so I’ll be bashed for my opinion) but if we are going strictly in talent I give F&M an slight edge.

Offense: Advantage F&M
Face off: Advantage York
Defense: Advantage York
Goal: Advantage F&M
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:26 pm

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

RotWAC

Yes the same F&M that lost all but 5 faceoffs vs ETown(who’s FOGO will end up garnering AA status this year), yet still scored 12 goals and lost in overtime. Imagine if they had gone 35-40% that day. York will win the Faceoff battle but I don’t see it being as egregious as ETown vs F&M. F&Ms offense is one of the best in the south and Yorks defense seems suspect to high power offenses this season. Additionally Yorks offense has been been at best avg this year (minus a blowout win vs Ursinus).York cannot beat their matchup consistently. F&Ms defense always has talented players; their weakness has always been team defense. But if you don’t have to slide,mistakes won’t be made. This will be a close game and I know the York faithful on this board would follow Childs like he’s a cult leader(so I’ll be bashed for my opinion) but if we are going strictly in talent I give F&M an slight edge.

I don’t intend to bash. Was curious of your opinion.

I don’t think F&M offense can compare to Salisbury or RIT. I really don’t see them scoring on York the way you do. We will find out on Friday. I see York holding them to 10 goals.

Yorks struggles on offense this year has been against the zone. They did well vs W&L and RIT in the first half against man, until they switched to zone. F&M will need to run a solid zone to slow down York.

Like I said, it is hard to see how good F&M really is, since the best team they have played is Roanoke, and Roanoke is not as strong as the worst team York has played.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:26 pm Yes the same F&M that lost all but 5 faceoffs vs ETown(who’s FOGO will end up garnering AA status this year), yet still scored 12 goals and lost in overtime. Imagine if they had gone 35-40% that day. York will win the Faceoff battle but I don’t see it being as egregious as ETown vs F&M. F&Ms offense is one of the best in the south and Yorks defense seems suspect to high power offenses this season. Additionally Yorks offense has been been at best avg this year (minus a blowout win vs Ursinus).York cannot beat their matchup consistently. F&Ms defense always has talented players; their weakness has always been team defense. But if you don’t have to slide,mistakes won’t be made. This will be a close game and I know the York faithful on this board would follow Childs like he’s a cult leader(so I’ll be bashed for my opinion) but if we are going strictly in talent I give F&M an slight edge.

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

AbeFroeman wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:53 pm
ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:26 pm

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

RotWAC

I don’t intend to bash. Was curious of your opinion.

I don’t think F&M offense can compare to Salisbury or RIT. I really don’t see them scoring on York the way you do. We will find out on Friday. I see York holding them to 10 goals.

Yorks struggles on offense this year has been against the zone. They did well vs W&L and RIT in the first half against man, until they switched to zone. F&M will need to run a solid zone to slow down York.

Like I said, it is hard to see how good F&M really is, since the best team they have played is Roanoke, and Roanoke is not as strong as the worst team York has played.
Had no idea you were a York supporter. I may eat my words but I do think F&M matches up well vs York. The F&M vs Lynchburg pick is more about Lynchburg’s absolutely insane schedule this week and just being out of gas
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

From an outsider perspective I think the Centennial conference games will be great this year. There will probably be many hard fought close games. I watched Dickinson, F&M and Swarthmore play against Roanoke. I think F&M has the strongest defense, Swarthmore has the best attack and Dickinson has the best Face off guy and best goalie. F&M got a bit sloppy at times against Roanoke and I think York & Lynchburg will make them pay if they play that way. Dickinson is quick but they are not that physical so a team like Stevenson may bully them a bit. To beat CNU they will need to have a huge day from their goalie. The Swarthmore attack is slick and can shoot very well. I think they can outscore Stockton. I look forward to seeing how they do this weekend.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

So So weekend for the conference:

-G'burg seems to have struggled with trip to Ohio and was upset by Denison
-Dickinson struggled against Stevenson, but performed well against a top 5 opponent in CNU and kept it way closer than anyone expected
- F&M showed some heart against York and made some good runs before the Spartans pulled away and then played came up just short against a decent Lynchburg team
- Ursinus came from behind to beat a quality/scrappy SJF squad
- WAC and McDaniel got a win each against lesser teams and Haverford struggled against Skidmore

Conference play opens up this week and it appears we are in for some great CC games, G'burg showed chinks in the armor and now the conference is really up for grabs as it looks like any of the top 5 may be able to beat each other on an given day.

Best Games this Weekend:
Mules vs Dickinson - if Dickinson puts together an effort like they did against CNU then this is could be a rough day for the Mules, but the Mules are coming off a long rest and may have some of their injured guys back. Taking the Red Devils by 3 here

Ursinus vs G'Burg - G'burg wins by 5, Denison game was a wake up call/humbling game for the bullets and but I expect they get back on track this week against Catholic before taking on scrappy Ursinus group

WAC vs McDaniel - taking WAC by 5 hear

Haverford vs F&M - F&M wins easily
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Gettysburg is going to have a tough time if they go 5-23 at the faceoff dot like they did against Denison. Hopefully it was an outlier.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

WashedUp06 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:10 am So So weekend for the conference:

-G'burg seems to have struggled with trip to Ohio and was upset by Denison
-Dickinson struggled against Stevenson, but performed well against a top 5 opponent in CNU and kept it way closer than anyone expected
- F&M showed some heart against York and made some good runs before the Spartans pulled away and then played came up just short against a decent Lynchburg team
- Ursinus came from behind to beat a quality/scrappy SJF squad
- WAC and McDaniel got a win each against lesser teams and Haverford struggled against Skidmore

Conference play opens up this week and it appears we are in for some great CC games, G'burg showed chinks in the armor and now the conference is really up for grabs as it looks like any of the top 5 may be able to beat each other on an given day.

Best Games this Weekend:
Mules vs Dickinson - if Dickinson puts together an effort like they did against CNU then this is could be a rough day for the Mules, but the Mules are coming off a long rest and may have some of their injured guys back. Taking the Red Devils by 3 here

Ursinus vs G'Burg - G'burg wins by 5, Denison game was a wake up call/humbling game for the bullets and but I expect they get back on track this week against Catholic before taking on scrappy Ursinus group

WAC vs McDaniel - taking WAC by 5 hear

Haverford vs F&M - F&M wins easily
Rough weekend for the CC as the top 5 teams in the conference went 2-5

Now for the games

Wednesday

-Gettysburg vs Catholic- The Bullets have 2 weaknesses on this years team. Faceoffs and Goaltending. If they are both off they are vulnerable. I don't see that being a problem vs Catholic. Roll Burg 21-6
-Washington vs Oberlin- I don't know much about Oberlin it seems that they are having some success. The Shoremen took care of business vs UMW who I was nervous could score in bunches. Good goalie play seems to have won the day for us. WAC starts slow but finishes strong 17-7

Saturday

-Dickinson vs Muhlenberg- Both these teams need this. Dickinson had a heck of a performance vs CNU but still came up short. Both these teams I think make the playoffs but this could be for Home field advantage in a rematch. Dickinson 14-12
-Haverford vs F&M- The Dips are another team that just can't put a complete game together. I think this might be the one that builds momentum. F&M 20-7
-Ursinus vs Gettysburg- Ursinus got a nice win vs SJF over the weekend showing great poise down the stretch. This is a veteran team who has been through some battles. Gettysburg is more talented than anyone in the CC but I question if their specialty positions are good enough to make it through a full season without a slip up. If the Bullets had won over the weekend Id say possible trap game but not anymore. Gettysburg 15-9
-Washington vs McDaniel- This game goes 2 ways. Washington blowout or Washington squeaks by. McDaniel holds teams too low outputs but cannot score enough to handle WACs onslaught. Washington 15-8
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Muhlenberg over Dickinson 11-10….

The plot thickens
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

The Mules and Ursinus are going to be very tough outs this year...Glad the Bullets got past the Bears today.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

Great win for the Mules this weekend in a back n forth game of short runs by both teams. Both groups had moments of brilliance and then head scratchers with some uncaused turnovers. Mules have Dalimonte back, which makes an already solid mid field group even better.

Some great Mid-Week Matchups!
F&M at Dickinson - I think Dickinson rebounds and wins by 3 (14-11)
Haverford at WAC - WAC had a dominant win over McDaniel, tough to get a full read on this team - WAC 12-Haverford 7
Muhlenberg at Swat - This is going to be a great battle, especially with 2 very good midfield groups going at each other. Swat has been relatively dominant in most of their games this year and is coming in undefeated but taking the Mules by 2 since they have an experienced and battle tested group w/a tougher OOC schedule + some tight games /wins. Mules 14-Swat 12
G'Burg vs McDaniel - G'burg wins easy. 17-5
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

WashedUp06 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:49 am Great win for the Mules this weekend in a back n forth game of short runs by both teams. Both groups had moments of brilliance and then head scratchers with some uncaused turnovers. Mules have Dalimonte back, which makes an already solid mid field group even better.

Some great Mid-Week Matchups!
F&M at Dickinson - I think Dickinson rebounds and wins by 3 (14-11)
Haverford at WAC - WAC had a dominant win over McDaniel, tough to get a full read on this team - WAC 12-Haverford 7
Muhlenberg at Swat - This is going to be a great battle, especially with 2 very good midfield groups going at each other. Swat has been relatively dominant in most of their games this year and is coming in undefeated but taking the Mules by 2 since they have an experienced and battle tested group w/a tougher OOC schedule + some tight games /wins. Mules 14-Swat 12
G'Burg vs McDaniel - G'burg wins easy. 17-5
Mid week picks

-F&M vs Dickinson- Another playoff seeding game. Dickinson has some defensive issues. F&M might have the best offense in the conference based on talent alone. F&M 15- Dickinson 12
-Haverford vs WAC- The Shoremen controlled the game vs the Terror. This team has the offense to score with most of the conference. I don't feel the defense was tested at all. Haverford struggles to score on anyone.Another big day on offense as questions remain on the defensive side of the ball for me until we meet a worthy offensive opponent. Im half sold we can make the playoffs. WAC 15-8
-Muhlenberg vs Swarthmore- Swat opens conference play after tearing it up in the OOC schedule. The Mules come in riding high after a big win over Dickinson. Give me the Mules in a very close game 13-11
-Gettysburg vs McDaniel- Gettysburg is loaded all over the field. Great 2 game bounce back vs Catholic and a tough Ursinus squad who came out firing. After watching Washington vs McDaniel, im more impressed by McDaniels defense, they spent about 3.5 quarters of the game playing defense. Their offense on the other hand lacked anything. Gettysburg cruises 21-3
DuelingBanjos

Post by DuelingBanjos »

Dickinson 15, F&M 13

WAC 14, Haverford 8

Muhlenberg 12, Swat 9

Gettysburg 22, McDaniel 4

I think
notjeffshirk

Post by notjeffshirk »

Mid week picks-

F&M vs Dickinson - Dickinson is a defensive juggernaut, F&M has a powerful offensive unit and is coming off a solid 16-6 win against Haverford. This is going to be a great test for both teams - Dickinson 14-9.

Muhlenberg vs Swat - Gotta take the Mules here, SWAT is absolutely a playoff contender this year, they have great offensive play and are looking strong coming into conference play with several solid OOC wins. That being said the Mules have proven they can play with and beat some of the best teams in the nation. I think its close but Mules 13-10.

Haverford vs WAC - This will be a tough test for WAC, if the WAC offense can put points on the board I think they come away with the win. WAC 14-8.

Gettysburg vs MCD - Gettysburg handles McDaniel.
notjeffshirk

Post by notjeffshirk »

Wow. Swat!!!

This is CC lacrosse, there are no easy outs. If a team doesn't come to play on any given day they will get beat.

That Swat 1st midfield is dangerous.. 2 freshman with 4+ point games too - this is a different swat than we saw last year if anyone is still wondering.

Dickinson vs F&M - tough day against a great defense offensively for a young f&m team. Don't think this means anything for playoffs f&m is a solid team this year.

Gettysburg vs MCD - gburg rolls although MCD runs a very interesting defense.

Wac vs Haverford - watched the livestream here, slow start and uncharacteristically sloppy play let a talented and physical Haverford stick around. That being said when the chips were down the offense found its rhythm and got the job done.

Overall, all is well in the CC year in and year out these teams prove they are all talented and can play with just about anyone in the nation.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

notjeffshirk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:23 pm That Swat 1st midfield is dangerous.. 2 freshman with 4+ point games too - this is a different swat than we saw last year if anyone is still wondering.
The kind of crazy thing is, they are extremely young overall. By my count, they have a midfielder, a SSDM, a close defender, and the FOGO logging substantial minutes as seniors. That's it--everyone else is back for at least another year.
D3hero

Post by D3hero »

Great win for Swat.

Didn’t catch the game, but Goalie play really sticks out on the stat sheet as being the difference.

16 saves and 8 Goals against for the Swat goalie.
2 Saves and 18 Goals against for the Muhlenberg goalie.

Very hard to win a game against a good opponent when your Goalie only stops 2 shots.
laxgeek37

Post by laxgeek37 »

notjeffshirk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:23 pm Wow. Swat!!!

This is CC lacrosse, there are no easy outs. If a team doesn't come to play on any given day they will get beat.

That Swat 1st midfield is dangerous.. 2 freshman with 4+ point games too - this is a different swat than we saw last year if anyone is still wondering.

Dickinson vs F&M - tough day against a great defense offensively for a young f&m team. Don't think this means anything for playoffs f&m is a solid team this year.

Gettysburg vs MCD - gburg rolls although MCD runs a very interesting defense.

Wac vs Haverford - watched the livestream here, slow start and uncharacteristically sloppy play let a talented and physical Haverford stick around. That being said when the chips were down the offense found its rhythm and got the job done.

Overall, all is well in the CC year in and year out these teams prove they are all talented and can play with just about anyone in the nation.
Crazy games yesterday! The CC is as deep as it gets this year. Hoping to see a 3 or 4 NCAA CC appearance

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”