Loyola Greyhounds 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GreyingHound

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by GreyingHound »

Houndfan73 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:35 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:16 pm Team is beating themselves
Shitshow. So many turnovers and inaccurate shots. Weather is bad….but bad for Army too….but they arent turning it over all over the place
The halftime stats showed Army with more turnovers than Loyola, but I question the accuracy of those stats.

We are giving this game away.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this many turnovers from passes in a game from one team in my 10+ years of watching lacrosse
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

Mental toughness edge always goes to Army. Loyola played without it today.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Houndfan73 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:35 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:16 pm Team is beating themselves
Shitshow. So many turnovers and inaccurate shots. Weather is bad….but bad for Army too….but they arent turning it over all over the place
Again Loyola not prepared, not focused. turnovers. This team beats Maryland and has fallen so hard. If you go back to last year, you will see similar threads about turnovers and lack of preparation. Have not played well since week 2/

Will get wins against Holy Cross, Navy, Colgate. Boston U, Georgetown and Lehigh will be challenging, Looking at 8-7 9-6 tops.
Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

They need more home games.
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:11 am Sorry Loyola fans.

Army is just playing some incredible ball right now. They are very talented. And have been destroying some top quality teams. And Loyola is playing like hot dung.

Loyola is just not as talented as the Black Knights, or well coached, or sharing the ball, or playing defense, or doing anything right on faceoffs, or substituting the middies right, or recruiting the right kids, or promoting their program on social media the right way, or serving the right meals in the cafe.

Then there is the weather, Army's got the home field, and we have quite a few injuries we need to overcome.

Hounds shouldnt even make the trip. They will get steamrolled by a half dozen. Maybe more.
As it turns out, you were correct. Minus one goal to the half dozen.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Can’t beat anyone off the dribble. They let the Army defense tee off on them. And when that wasn’t happening, they were just making unforced turnovers.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Army is just playing some incredible ball right now. They are very talented. And have been destroying some top quality teams. And Loyola is playing like hot dung.

Loyola is just not as talented as the Black Knights, or well coached, or sharing the ball, or playing defense, or doing anything right on faceoffs, or substituting the middies right, or recruiting the right kids, or promoting their program on social media the right way, or serving the right meals in the cafe.

Then there is the weather, Army's got the home field, and we have quite a few injuries we need to overcome.

Hounds shouldnt even make the trip. They will get steamrolled by a half dozen. Maybe more.
LMAO spot on
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

lorin wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:25 pm

LMAO spot on
I thought a harsh critique when originally posted and that the game would be much closer - kudos on the call.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

LMAO spot on
Nothing says "inferiority complex" more than visiting your opponent's page after a win just to gloat. Well done. You should be proud of yourself.
lorin

Post by lorin »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:04 pm

LMAO spot on
Nothing says "inferiority complex" more than visiting your opponent's page after a win just to gloat. Well done. You should be proud of yourself.
Are you serious have you been to a home game at Loyola
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

lorin wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:28 pm
GreyingHound wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:04 pm

LMAO spot on
Are you serious have you been to a home game at Loyola
Only a few hundred, starting in the early '80's. How is that relevant? I'm not the one trolling the pages of our opponents after a win.
Formerhound

Post by Formerhound »

Another game where James and Higgins are no shows. Three in a row for James. Something is going on. He doesn’t even try to dodge. Early in the season and last year he was the best player on the team. All he seems to want to do is pass the ball around the perimeter. Higgins was their best middle dodger the past two years. Nothing. So sad
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I have been critical of the coaching but the Hounds have two weeks to right the ship. Holy Cross is not good and Navy in underperforming. Then BU and Gtown in a short week might tell the tale if they get into the tournament. If Toomey and his staff are what many think they are then we should see a different prep and effort in that short week.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Exlaxbro wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:10 am I have been critical of the coaching but the Hounds have two weeks to right the ship. Holy Cross is not good and Navy in underperforming. Then BU and Gtown in a short week might tell the tale if they get into the tournament. If Toomey and his staff are what many think they are then we should see a different prep and effort in that short week.
I have been saying this for a long time Players are not prepared Not the right players on the field They pick their starters and stay with it It is then said you are not at practice, that I do not see what the coaches see I do see the product that is put on the field on Saturday And it is below average And that maybe all Loyola is an average team But I don’t think so The talent is there The coaches are not getting the job done 15% shooting percentage against army Great job by the O coaches
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:36 am
Exlaxbro wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:10 am I have been critical of the coaching but the Hounds have two weeks to right the ship. Holy Cross is not good and Navy in underperforming. Then BU and Gtown in a short week might tell the tale if they get into the tournament. If Toomey and his staff are what many think they are then we should see a different prep and effort in that short week.
I have been saying this for a long time Players are not prepared Not the right players on the field They pick their starters and stay with it It is then said you are not at practice, that I do not see what the coaches see I do see the product that is put on the field on Saturday And it is below average And that maybe all Loyola is an average team But I don’t think so The talent is there The coaches are not getting the job done 15% shooting percentage against army Great job by the O coaches
This happens at most every level...all the way down to youth ball. Same topic has been discussed on the Navy thread....we are watching the result of bench depth right before our eyes, which arguably, is why they have not performed as well. Navy staff has 'their' top 4 starters injured (24,28,29,& 40), which has forced their hand to go deeper into the bench. It is absolutely great to see the staff having been forced into this situation and wiggle and squirm through it....the hope, is on the backside it bears fruit to get those younger (bench guys) real game experience.

More to your point, I believe coaches in general do not take the 'long look' with their entire roster, primarily because they just do not have enough staff and time, so it boils down to what they see in practice, which is ..."if I cant trust you with the ball in practice, I certainly can't trust you in the game'.

Time will tell...
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:49 am
This happens at most every level...all the way down to youth ball. Same topic has been discussed on the Navy thread....we are watching the result of bench depth right before our eyes, which arguably, is why they have not performed as well. Navy staff has 'their' top 4 starters injured (24,28,29,& 40), which has forced their hand to go deeper into the bench. It is absolutely great to see the staff having been forced into this situation and wiggle and squirm through it....the hope, is on the backside it bears fruit to get those younger (bench guys) real game experience.

More to your point, I believe coaches in general do not take the 'long look' with their entire roster, primarily because they just do not have enough staff and time, so it boils down to what they see in practice, which is ..."if I cant trust you with the ball in practice, I certainly can't trust you in the game'.

Time will tell...
I agree time will tell... but we have seen his scenario last year. By following your philosophy, Loyola may be missing the "diamond in the rough" player. The players that are playing know that they can make mistakes, take poor shots, turn the ball over and their is no consequences. There are middies that are playing that contributed no points for over 2 years and finally has a couple of assists, and has turned the ball over regularly. No accountability. When was the last time you saw an offensive midfielder benched for poor play

And I don't buy it, I know that there are currently players on the team that absolutely grind at practice week in and week out, scoring against the defense or shutting down the offensive players, and never getting the opportunity. That is a problem.

"if I cant trust you with the ball in practice, I certainly can't trust you in the game'. And how can you trust the players on the field with turnovers and poor shot selection. stat line tells all.

Laxmaxamillion may be onto something
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:49 am

Time will tell...
I agree time will tell... but we have seen his scenario last year. By following your philosophy, Loyola may be missing the "diamond in the rough" player. The players that are playing know that they can make mistakes, take poor shots, turn the ball over and their is no consequences. There are middies that are playing that contributed no points for over 2 years and finally has a couple of assists, and has turned the ball over regularly. No accountability. When was the last time you saw an offensive midfielder benched for poor play

And I don't buy it, I know that there are currently players on the team that absolutely grind at practice week in and week out, scoring against the defense or shutting down the offensive players, and never getting the opportunity. That is a problem.

"if I cant trust you with the ball in practice, I certainly can't trust you in the game'. And how can you trust the players on the field with turnovers and poor shot selection. stat line tells all.

Laxmaxamillion may be onto something
Thanks for the reply.....its not my philosophy, its what I have witnessed.

My coaching style over the years has always been to invest a significant amount of time on the lowered tiered players 'a rising tide lifts all boats' theory. To your point and one made regularly on other threads, on e would certainly think if they invested all that time recruiting player...they'd certainly not write them off. But I am sure that some staff get to a point where they have a good pool of players, they give them all a fair shot to meet their initial standards, and if they do not....its the players fault, not the coach.

Good luck the rest of the season....looking like Army has the PL AQ locked up, but stranger things have happened.

No clue what you are talking about re:Laxmaxamillion
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Houndfan73

Post by Houndfan73 »

Oh here we go again. We’ve gone from coaches not playing the right kids to…the coaches have learned their lessons and are playing the right kids to ….the coaches aren’t playing the right kids. Some of you guys are asshats. Isn’t it possible that this is a good team and not a great team who has some very good games and some pretty damn bad games? They’ll play great again and I’m sure they’ll have some more duds. But one things for sure….I’m tired of many of you. Sorry your kid doesn’t play….or when you played…you didn’t play.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:22 pm Can’t beat anyone off the dribble. They let the Army defense tee off on them. And when that wasn’t happening, they were just making unforced turnovers.
This is what I thought. Opposing offenses can just run by the defense. Greyhounds offense 1v1 can’t beat their man.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”