D1 Mens Lacrosse
MoralTerpitude

Re: UVA at Notre Dame Saturday 12 Noon

Post by MoralTerpitude »

blue angels wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:13 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:51 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:47 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:39 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:26 pm Had the game on mute for the whole time only to return to the very inane "how would you rank the top 3??" conversation. was a mistake.
Some serious mental gymnastics to put both UVa and ND ahead of the Terps. I’m sure if the Terps played ND at this point in the season, they would win just as comfortably as UVa did.

That being said, par for the course with those clowns. And anyways with this Terps team, rankings are irrelevant.
Is it arguable? Sure. But mental gymnastics? No. You can make a reasonable argument for UVA and ND in front of Maryland.
Maryland just beat UVa at their place. The justification was that Maryland lost to Loyola in early February. Anyone who has watched them at all in the last few weeks knows they are a completely different (and much better) team offensively.

And Carc is making the exact opposite argument that he used to justify ND getting into the tournament last year - that all games should or should not be considered equally.

So yeah… mental gymnastics.
I mean who cares who is 1,2 or3 right now? It will all change again as these teams move through conference play. Maryland is either 1, 2or 3 and a high likelihood to be there Memorial Day. Why worry about piddling stuff?
And pass up taking a shot at Carquintanish? ;)
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Carcs incessant gargling of the Kavanaugh boys balls drives me absolutely crazy. “Best at groundballs. Best at the ride. Can score whenever they want. Toughest.” Yes I get it, they’re both Superman.

So glad to see this result. And Chris Fake got absolutely cooked by Shellenberger. Just couldn’t stick with him…so Shellenberger basically quarterbacked the offense and dictated the game at will.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

PulpExposure wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:19 pm Carcs incessant gargling of the Kavanaugh boys balls drives me absolutely crazy. “Best at groundballs. Best at the ride. Can score whenever they want. Toughest.” Yes I get it, they’re both Superman.
The Best
EVER :!: :!:
Cavitee

Post by Cavitee »

Maybe should have addressed all of the late hits during the ride by the brothers as well as the nonsense in the last 25 secs. Skilled, hardworking players but that behavior on the field definitely diminishes some of their shine for me
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:20 pm
PulpExposure wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:19 pm Carcs incessant gargling of the Kavanaugh boys balls drives me absolutely crazy. “Best at groundballs. Best at the ride. Can score whenever they want. Toughest.” Yes I get it, they’re both Superman.
The Best
Dirty play and cheap shots by the Kavanaughs is a bad reflection on Notre Dame’s team. Of course, their coach didn’t sit them when they were doing that crap which says it all about him. Tillman and Lars wouldn’t have put up with it.
suitcase10

Post by suitcase10 »

U guys played lacrosse right ?
Cno3putts

Post by Cno3putts »

Kavanagh brothers real personality showed up Saturday
Cheap, dirty brothers. Coach needs to do his job
Finster

Post by Finster »

What the heck ND???! I’m watching replay. The defense was ball watching and had no communication.

The Dickson goal with 1:36 left in the first is like a bad game of second graders. #24 runs into a pick seemingly unconcerned about Dickson (Dickson!!!! Like one of the two guys you lock off when playing UVA), and Fake barely exerts a step to cover a wide open Dickson.

I mean, come the freak on guys. Just atrocious. What was going on?

Every goal I’m seeing is simply poor if not zero communication on the part of ND’s defense, the one area I thought they’d shine.

Corrigan better lightva fire under these guys. You don’t show up to the biggest game of the year and allow the opposing team to have so many easy shots.

I’m no ND homer fwiw. But wow, that first half was a joke of an effort.
Finster

Post by Finster »

I can barely watch this. This is some freaking bs.

Walker’s shot at 13:45 of the second. Are you even kidding me?!? How do you go high there???

Dickson same exact doorstep goes low, goal.

Walker (ND) goes high right into the stick of Nunes.
Finster

Post by Finster »

I’ll say this, Boyer is fast af.

ND might consider out letting to that guy every chance they can.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Either Taylor had an off day or he’s just not that good.

Any ND followers here? I’d like to know. Just awful shooting when it mattered most.
suitcase10

Post by suitcase10 »

Hoping it was an off day. 9 shots , 2 goals , He hit two pipes , and I think 2 or 3 saved? Uva didn’t slide much all day, ( weren’t forced to) , so Taylor didn’t have much wiggle room in there.
molo

Post by molo »

Bad ND d or did we just get a lesson in how good Maryland’s d is? I doubt anyone else will play as well against the best attackman in the country as did Zappitello versus Shellenberger.
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

Corrigan is incapable of winning a National Championship. This year will be no different.
Finster

Post by Finster »

molo wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:34 pm Bad ND d or did we just get a lesson in how good Maryland’s d is? I doubt anyone else will play as well against the best attackman in the country as did Zappitello versus Shellenberger.

Probably a bit of both.

If you see the ND/UVA game replay, watch how incredibly wide open the Cavalier shooters are off picks. You have to feel for the ND goalie, Entenman.

It looks like ND didn’t bother to slide or communicate on the picks. Atrocious play.

now, it also appeared that Fake was a step behind in the first half (better in second half, until the gates opened at the end).

Maryland showed up against UVA. This could be coaching preparation or senior leadership (Makar)
UVAlaxfan

Post by UVAlaxfan »

blue angels wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:29 pm
The Best
Dirty play and cheap shots by the Kavanaughs is a bad reflection on Notre Dame’s team. Of course, their coach didn’t sit them when they were doing that crap which says it all about him. Tillman and Lars wouldn’t have put up with it.
That got away with some penalties one was particularly bad and led directly to one of their goals. Penalties come when you play hard but the refs have to call them - reffs didn't cal them. Appropriate call made when they cross check the goalie in the back while he is on the ground, and it wipes one of their goals and we are man up with a likely goal and margin is much bigger. Should have been unreleasable. I am not surprised Corrigan didn't sit them, I am not sure it was too egregious although just immature to get those penalties at the end of a game you have no chance in. They were in the box to end the game so no chance to sit them after that.
Last edited by UVAlaxfan on Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

UVAlaxfan wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:45 pm
blue angels wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:29 pm
The Best
That got away with some penalties one was particularly bad and led directly to one of their goals. Panalties come when you play hard but the reffs have to call them. Appropriate call made when they cross check the goalie in the back while he is on the ground, and it wipes one of their goals and we are man up with a likely goal and margin is much bigger. Should have been unreleasable. I am not surprised Corrigan didn't sit them, I am not sure it was too egregious although just immature to get those penalties at the end of a game you have no chance in. They were in the box to end the game so no chance to sit them.
The issue is there were several uncalled penalties where the Kavanaughs lost their cool. One is very clearly a forceful shove of a Virginia player after the end of the play in the last minute. hard legal hits are fine and good for the game. late hits and cheap shots are not.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

blue angels wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:56 pm The issue is there were several uncalled penalties where the Kavanaughs lost their cool. One is very clearly a forceful shove of a Virginia player after the end of the play in the last minute. hard legal hits are fine and good for the game. late hits and cheap shots are not.
They're just "tough" and will always "compete" - Carc's response to this.
TXLAXFAN

Post by TXLAXFAN »

They took cheap, off ball 'slashes' on the UVA defenders throughout most of the game which the refs missed, got frustrated with their teammates, and were falling all over the field in exhaustion in Q4. The last 20 seconds of the game should tell you everything you need to know about #50 and #51. Terrible attitudes and very unsportsmanlike.
Last edited by TXLAXFAN on Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

TXLAXFAN wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:13 pm I was at this game and the Kavanaughs were acting like brats. They took cheap, off ball 'slashes' on the UVA defenders throughout most of the game which the refs missed, got frustrated with their teammates, and were falling all over the field in exhaustion in Q4...Welcome to Jurassic Park!!! The last 20 seconds of the game should tell you everything you need to know about #50 and #51. Terrible attitudes and very unsportsmanlike. Should be suspended a game for that behavior.
you obviously missed the halftime segment.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”