D1 Mens Lacrosse
Exlaxbro

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2023

Post by Exlaxbro »

Formerhound wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:55 am
GreyingHound wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:31 am
Formerhound wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:49 am
laxbro11 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 am
houndace1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:10 pm So I think it’s time to start to switch in some faces for the midfield
Didn’t happen last year Won’t happen this year Van arsdale has his group that he runs with and that is that And Toomey will not get involved with the offense even if it Mens righting the ship

Hopefully van arsdsle has learned from previous mistakes
What happened to that guy who was on last year who has a kid who is now a freshman on the team. Million man or something like that. He harped on midfielders all last year and he was basically shamed out of here. Guess it was because his kid was coming here. But in retrospect a lot of what he said was true. This year’s freshman are at least getting a chance to play as compared to last years.
If he were correct, then this year's sophomores would be playing a lot. From what we've seen so far, this year's freshman class is far more talented than last year's freshman class. This year's freshman are playing because they are better. So, no, what he said wasn't true.

We've played a lot a faces in both the midfield and attack. McColloch started yesterday in place of Haberman. I don't think the problem is playing more faces. We just need to value possession more and clean up the sloppy turnovers. When we're not winning faceoffs, we can't afford to throw the ball away so much. I'd really like to know what has happened to James. He doesn't seem to be himself lately.
Very true about this years freshmen. From last year’s s class only Roman has produced. Would like to see what Mcgorry would do but I heard he’s out for the year with a knee injury. Same with Sullivan.
James just seems disinterested the last two games. No dodging. No jump. Maybe he’s also hurt.
Probably true. Houlihan seems to be getting some time too. Tough to break in with that defense. Losing the two pillars after this year will hurt some so I hope some other close D guys get more game action to get ready for ‘24.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

I guess we know how good BU is Took it to Harvard
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

laxbro11 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:41 pm I guess we know how good BU is Took it to Harvard
BU looked good tonight. Solid defense, great goalie, and at times the offense was really crisp. They will be a tough test for the Hounds.

BU might want to rethink that 10-man ride though. Harvard's goalie had 1 goal on 2 shots. :shock:
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

They look like they are figuring it out. It will be fun to see how Army, Loyola and now BU will play each other.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Here's the rundown for Saturday. All odds favor the Black Knights - good team, home field, can dry off in the locker room if it's raining, excellent coaching, etc... And Hounds haven't played well in Away games.

Here's why I think the Hounds will prevail. This is a wake up call. Pacheco gets his Mojo back and goes 50/50 against stiff competition. Staudt has good day. Offense gets energized and learns who to lean on and when, protects the ball, and helps on the ride. Offense plays inspired with everyone contributing. Close D and SSDMs are rested and ready.

It could happen.
Beckhamlax

Post by Beckhamlax »

GreyingHound wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:50 pm
laxbro11 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:41 pm I guess we know how good BU is Took it to Harvard
BU looked good tonight. Solid defense, great goalie, and at times the offense was really crisp. They will be a tough test for the Hounds.

BU might want to rethink that 10-man ride though. Harvard's goalie had 1 goal on 2 shots. :shock:
Bu always lets in 1 goal on the 10 man but I guess they figure that they get 3-5 turnovers a game off the 10 man which should lead to 1 or 2 extra goals.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Beckhamlax wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:56 pm
GreyingHound wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:50 pm

Bu always lets in 1 goal on the 10 man but I guess they figure that they get 3-5 turnovers a game off the 10 man which should lead to 1 or 2 extra goals.
a turnover is worth 0.72 goals to bu. so @ 3-5 turnovers, that's 2-3+ goals. minus what they'd get by riding a different way.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

NovaHound wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:11 am Here's the rundown for Saturday. All odds favor the Black Knights - good team, home field, can dry off in the locker room if it's raining, excellent coaching, etc... And Hounds haven't played well in Away games.

Here's why I think the Hounds will prevail. This is a wake up call. Pacheco gets his Mojo back and goes 50/50 against stiff competition. Staudt has good day. Offense gets energized and learns who to lean on and when, protects the ball, and helps on the ride. Offense plays inspired with everyone contributing. Close D and SSDMs are rested and ready.

It could happen.
It definitely could happen. We've all seen how this team is capable of playing. I would love to see it.

I came across these stats, and was struck by the fact that we have faced the top 3 FOGOs statistically so far this season. Pacheco has had a few hot streaks in recent games when it mattered, so it's not unreasonable to expect his numbers will improve when he faces mere mortals.
FB_IMG_1679529100864.jpg
FB_IMG_1679529100864.jpg (95.93 KiB) Viewed 806 times
Go Hounds!
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

GreyingHound wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:59 pm
NovaHound wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:11 am Here's the rundown for Saturday. All odds favor the Black Knights - good team, home field, can dry off in the locker room if it's raining, excellent coaching, etc... And Hounds haven't played well in Away games.

It could happen.
It definitely could happen. We've all seen how this team is capable of playing. I would love to see it.

I came across these stats, and was struck by the fact that we have faced the top 3 FOGOs statistically so far this season. Pacheco has had a few hot streaks in recent games when it mattered, so it's not unreasonable to expect his numbers will improve when he faces mere mortals.

FB_IMG_1679529100864.jpg

Go Hounds!
Pacheco isn't the only issue. Wing play is nonexistent and he's forced enough 50/50s in some of these games to do better. He also has to be more consistent himself with picking the ball up. He's never going to dominate the clamp so everything else has to be buttoned up to get where we want it to be at the X and so far it hasn't been.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Pacheco is at about 45%, wing play has been a lot better than you make it out to be. Scott Middleton has been a very pleasant surprise on the wings and playing on the ball.

Loyola needs to avoid those 5-7 minute spurts when they consistently turnover the ball over in the alleys. I think the ball needs to get through X more on offense and to Minicus's stick, his best games are usually Loyolas best games.

Staudt could be more consistent in the net and with the experience in front of him the Hounds should be just fine. Hounds win this one on the road 12-9.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Sorry Loyola fans.

Army is just playing some incredible ball right now. They are very talented. And have been destroying some top quality teams. And Loyola is playing like hot dung.

Loyola is just not as talented as the Black Knights, or well coached, or sharing the ball, or playing defense, or doing anything right on faceoffs, or substituting the middies right, or recruiting the right kids, or promoting their program on social media the right way, or serving the right meals in the cafe.

Then there is the weather, Army's got the home field, and we have quite a few injuries we need to overcome.

Hounds shouldnt even make the trip. They will get steamrolled by a half dozen. Maybe more.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

The undisputed King of Sandbagging 👍
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

I hope I don’t jinx it but really who has Army played? Yes UMass and Rutgers early. Is Lehigh what they used to be? I think Loyola’s schedule will have the prepared for a tough team.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:11 am Sorry Loyola fans.

Army is just playing some incredible ball right now. They are very talented. And have been destroying some top quality teams. And Loyola is playing like hot dung.

Loyola is just not as talented as the Black Knights, or well coached, or sharing the ball, or playing defense, or doing anything right on faceoffs, or substituting the middies right, or recruiting the right kids, or promoting their program on social media the right way, or serving the right meals in the cafe.

Then there is the weather, Army's got the home field, and we have quite a few injuries we need to overcome.

Hounds shouldnt even make the trip. They will get steamrolled by a half dozen. Maybe more.
Loyola has to figure out their middie play. It has been non existent. Evan James? Has there been a missing person poster put up? He needs to figure it out, that is what team captains do. Face off, who knows, yes Middleton has played well, but it has been an ongoing issue with wing play the last couple of years.

My concern is the physicality of the black knights. Can we withstand a 60 minute physical game?

Staudt and the defense will have to play error free

And throw in the the weather is not high of 43 with 88% chance of rain

lots of obstacles to overcome.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Decent 1st quarter start.

4-3 army leads after 1Q
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

What a shitshow of a broadcast. Can't count how many times the ball has been out of frame. Amateur hour at West Point. Disgraceful.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

A lot of dropped passes off of feeds. Seems like the ball is getting checked out of all our sticks by army’s Defense. The referees are also calling this game extremely tight, so many flags and penalties
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Team is beating themselves
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Houndfan73

Post by Houndfan73 »

houndace1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:16 pm Team is beating themselves
Shitshow. So many turnovers and inaccurate shots. Weather is bad….but bad for Army too….but they arent turning it over all over the place

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”