NCAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LaxRatinOH2

Re: NCAC 2023

Post by LaxRatinOH2 »

Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

How does Dan Kaplan have Gettysburg ranked well above Denison?
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... no-1/60995
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Can Opener wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:58 pm How does Dan Kaplan have Gettysburg ranked well above Denison?
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... no-1/60995
Teams move relative to their position in the rankings the week prior. Denison beats G’burg, and advances a handful of spots, while G’burg drops a few spots. Seems reasonable to me.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
LaxRatinOH2

Post by LaxRatinOH2 »

Big Red will move up more and more as the season goes on. I also expect Kenyon to crack the rankings soon too
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

LaxRatinOH2 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:32 pm Big Red will move up more and more as the season goes on. I also expect Kenyon to crack the rankings soon too
Why?
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:37 pm
LaxRatinOH2 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:32 pm Big Red will move up more and more as the season goes on. I also expect Kenyon to crack the rankings soon too
Why?
I am also curious why one would think they will move up. Looking at the schedule, they have already played the tough games. Besides York, there are no other ranked teams left to help them move up. If they can beat York, that might move them up a bit
LaxRatinOH2

Post by LaxRatinOH2 »

Kenyon might be in there when they face Denison, York game and Albion won’t be a bad win. And beating then #2 Gettysburg shouldn’t and won’t go unnoticed. So get your panties untwisted, Denison will eventually move up in the rankings.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Who cares where they're ranked in the IL Poll in March? Or even April for that matter. This year I think it's becoming evident that you can throw a blanket over #5 - 15 with each of that group having the ability/talent to beat anyone else in that group on any given day.

What they should be most concerned about is where they're ranked in the Regional Rankings come May! So just keep playing hard and win as many of the games in front of you as possible. A great win over Gettysburg will be completely undone if they trip up against any of the games they have coming up they will now be "expected" to win. Don't look past anybody in anticipation of the York game! As I'm sure that York game has been circled on the Big Red's calendar since it came out given the shalaking the Spartans put on them last year. York is a very strong team and Denison will rightfully be the underdog against them given last year's result. But keep your head down and take care of what's in front of you first, starting with Grove City tonight. GC is a quality opponent - one they split a 2 game set with last year so be ready!

Go Big Red
grelch

Post by grelch »

Denison are running rampant on Grove City. A little surprised that Big Red waited until there was 6 minutes left to make wholesale subs. I wonder if Grove City graduated a lot of kids because I recall them being evenly matched with Denison last year. They're definitely not this year. Grove couldn't handle Denison's ride. DU caused turnover after turnover. Impressive performance all around from DU. Props to player Gladstone from Grove though. He has a mean snipe on him.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

grelch wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:58 pm Denison are running rampant on Grove City. A little surprised that Big Red waited until there was 6 minutes left to make wholesale subs. I wonder if Grove City graduated a lot of kids because I recall them being evenly matched with Denison last year. They're definitely not this year. Grove couldn't handle Denison's ride. DU caused turnover after turnover. Impressive performance all around from DU. Props to player Gladstone from Grove though. He has a mean snipe on him.
Great follow up game by the Big Red to the Gettysburg win! No let down whatsoever- just the opposite. Complete control from the opening whistle in every category. Way to keep your focus on the immediate task at hand.

Grelch I didn't see the game so I'm only surmising from the box score but it appears as though a Grove City defender must have delivered a significant illegal hit as Denison was scoring a goal around the 9 minute mark, to go up by 10. I'm assuming given the 2min non releasable penalty that it drew, Coach Koch decided tho give the 1st team man up unit some valuable game time opportunity. That is one area that I have said needed some more work. And it looks like things are rounding into shape there ... Denison scored 4 goals during that penalty! After that, that's when it looks like Koch called off the dogs.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:56 pm
grelch wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:58 pm Denison are running rampant on Grove City. A little surprised that Big Red waited until there was 6 minutes left to make wholesale subs. I wonder if Grove City graduated a lot of kids because I recall them being evenly matched with Denison last year. They're definitely not this year. Grove couldn't handle Denison's ride. DU caused turnover after turnover. Impressive performance all around from DU. Props to player Gladstone from Grove though. He has a mean snipe on him.
Great follow up game by the Big Red to the Gettysburg win! No let down whatsoever- just the opposite. Complete control from the opening whistle in every category. Way to keep your focus on the immediate task at hand.

Grelch I didn't see the game so I'm only surmising from the box score but it appears as though a Grove City defender must have delivered a significant illegal hit as Denison was scoring a goal around the 9 minute mark, to go up by 10. I'm assuming given the 2min non releasable penalty that it drew, Coach Koch decided tho give the 1st team man up unit some valuable game time opportunity. That is one area that I have said needed some more work. And it looks like things are rounding into shape there ... Denison scored 4 goals during that penalty! After that, that's when it looks like Koch called off the dogs.
I actually had looked away when Grove drew the 2 minute unreleasable. Apparently it was a head shot of some sort. I guess it made sense to work on their man up, but I don't know that they will have learned much as Grove had genuinely given up by then. Heads were down and and they were more or less going through the motions. They stepped up their efforts when Denison sat their first team. One other point of concern for Denison is that one of their first team players picked up a knee injury late in the game. Play had to be stopped and he was carted off. I wish I had caught the player's name but I'm afraid I did not. Announcers seemed quite concerned. I don't find any mention of it anywhere, so hopefully it was only a precaution that he was carted off.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Thanks Grelch - I was unaware of that development. Those things are never reported in the recap. I understand why but wish we got more info on injury front in general

That is concerning.... you never like to hear about injuries so indeed, let's hope it was precautionary. Denison isn't a team that has lots of experience waiting in the wings. I'm not saying they are without talent on the bench, it's just young and untested.

But the good news is, the next couple of games they could potentially rest some banged up guys (or at least give them less run) and still be on course.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Well, conference play starts, so nice while it lasted.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Switzerland wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:21 am
Yes indeed. Now is when we learn how well each teams slate of OOC opponents has helped it get ready for the real test - the battle for the AQ. Congratulations to both Kenyon and Wooster for reaching this point undefeated. Let's see how long they each keep their streaks going. At this point I'm calling for Denison and Kenyon as 1 and 2 in the conference with Wooster, OWU and Oberlin vying for the 3 and 4 seeds. Should be fun so let's kick it off!

My calls for this weekend NCAC games

Denison over Wittenberg 15-5 the Big Red are just better
Kenyon over OWU 13-9 the Bishops aren't there yet
Wooster over Oberlin 14-13 in OT huge seeding game
Wabash over Hiram 12-8 Terriers stats start going south
DePauw over Earlham 15-3 an OOC game that will not make the Tigers any better - why even schedule it?
LaxRatinOH2

Post by LaxRatinOH2 »

Thanks Topher!
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

LaxRatinOH2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:00 am
Thanks Topher!
Say what now?
LaxRatinOH2

Post by LaxRatinOH2 »

Already did! Bazinga
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

LaxRatinOH2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:19 am Already did! Bazinga
Barking up the wrong tree, but it’s all good.
LaxRatinOH2

Post by LaxRatinOH2 »

Maybe, maybe not
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

LaxRatinOH2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:33 am Maybe, maybe not
Probably not, but again, no worries.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”