D1 Womens Lacrosse
Sunnylax

Re: Cuse v SB 3/22

Post by Sunnylax »

@inthe8m wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:24 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:00 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:52 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:51 pm Crutches? Not looking good.
And ice on the knee. crap

All tied up again. Is SB the floppiest team in D1?
The "Long Island Flop" is real stuff and not just at SB.
Although no player got hit more in head than long islander J. Ortega - not a flopper.
lol. We watched different games.
JO is/was No flopper! Never and often after getting cracked in the head she should have!
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:30 am I'd say awful is a bit harsh, overly critical actually. Defense played a pretty good game, not perfect but hardly awful.
Yup, there are holes in that D and there have been all year yet Cuse remains undefeated (through a mighty tough schedule).
When an offense is running at max speed and efficiency as SB was right out of the gate, is it bad D when they score or good O?
It's a zone, when you move the ball quickly enough (and SB surely was) and get that D shifting there are going to be openings, nature of the beast. I see that more as good O than awful D....am thinking there are several teams and coaches out there who would disagree with you about that awful D. That awful D held Stony Brook to three goals in the second half, held them to no goals for about eighteen minutes too, I think.
Ok fine, I'll change "awful" to "average" or "non championship caliber defense". Forget the score. Just watch the defense and see the openings. As I recall, last year Cuse changed from a zone to a Man D because the zone was not championship caliber. That did not go well. This year they have to play zone based on personnel. I just dont see it being strong enough to take them all the way.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Lax101 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:05 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:30 am I'd say awful is a bit harsh, overly critical actually. Defense played a pretty good game, not perfect but hardly awful.
Yup, there are holes in that D and there have been all year yet Cuse remains undefeated (through a mighty tough schedule).
When an offense is running at max speed and efficiency as SB was right out of the gate, is it bad D when they score or good O?
It's a zone, when you move the ball quickly enough (and SB surely was) and get that D shifting there are going to be openings, nature of the beast. I see that more as good O than awful D....am thinking there are several teams and coaches out there who would disagree with you about that awful D. That awful D held Stony Brook to three goals in the second half, held them to no goals for about eighteen minutes too, I think.
Ok fine, I'll change "awful" to "average" or "non championship caliber defense". Forget the score. Just watch the defense and see the openings. As I recall, last year Cuse changed from a zone to a Man D because the zone was not championship caliber. That did not go well. This year they have to play zone based on personnel. I just dont see it being strong enough to take them all the way.
Any news on Chevarie (sp?)
Bart

Post by Bart »

Curious as to whom do you think has a championship caliber defense? Do these championship caliber defenses has a championship caliber offense?
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

Madlax59 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:02 pm
Any news on Chevarie (sp?)
Mri pending
DMac

Post by DMac »

I just think the scrutiny put on defenses is a little over the top often times. Theoretically a defense should be able to stop an offense every single time but that's giving the offense very little consideration, IMO. You have Tyrell, Tyrell, Ward, Carney, Markey, Baxter, and Adamson (others can be listed here too) coming at you with the ball, that ball and those legs are coming at you pretty darn fast, good luck with that. When that offense puts the ball in the cage is it result of poor defense or good offense? Depends on whether you're a more O or D minded person, I suppose. A save on a shot is likely viewed as a bad shot by an O minded person but that GK minded person is going to see it as a good save.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”