Bart

Re: Cuse v SB 3/22

Post by Bart »

Holy shzit is Emma Ward dealing the rock
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:15 pm Holy shzit is Emma Ward dealing the rock
You said it. That was a very enjoyable half of women's lacrosse. Two really well-matched, well-coached teams. Again, the ball movement by both offenses is just off the charts.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:15 pm Holy shzit is Emma Ward dealing the rock
You said it. That was a very enjoyable half of women's lacrosse. Two really well-matched, well-coached teams. Again, the ball movement by both offenses is just off the charts.
This is the best game I've watched in a while.
Ward look and Baxter finish for buzzer beater was awesome
DMac

Post by DMac »

That's just outstanding lacrosse.
Admanson gets the first half RUFKM Award...not a bad backup when your draw girl goes down.
Cuse got their max intensity and serious faces on the last half of that quarter, eye of the tiger
big time.
My girl Maddy, the one who wouldn't see the field her sophomore year, gettin' some love from
the commentators. I like it.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:00 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:52 pm
ultravisitor wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:51 pm Crutches? Not looking good.
And ice on the knee. crap

All tied up again. Is SB the floppiest team in D1?
The "Long Island Flop" is real stuff and not just at SB.
Although no player got hit more in head than long islander J. Ortega - not a flopper.
lol. We watched different games.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Idontknowtherules

Post by Idontknowtherules »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:34 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:32 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:28 pm
tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:27 pm And oh no. This cannot be happening again.
Sheesh. Gotta be kidding me.
If its another ACL there has to be a reason.....they must have more than any other team - ever. Is it their conditioning personnel?

5-5
Something is making SU athletes more vulnerable to lower body injury.
That would be the fourth one this season alone
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:22 pm That's just outstanding lacrosse.
Admanson gets the first half RUFKM Award...not a bad backup when your draw girl goes down.
Cuse got their max intensity and serious faces on the last half of that quarter, eye of the tiger
big time.
My girl Maddy, the one who wouldn't see the field her sophomore year, gettin' some love from
My RUFKM award goes to Sweitzer blanking Massera at least twice. I would not have placed that bet.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:28 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:22 pm That's just outstanding lacrosse.
big time.
My RUFKM award goes to Sweitzer blanking Massera at least twice. I would not have placed that bet.
Said it before. SB doesn't have enough shooters - depth on offence...and their goalie is a weak area for sure. Only 4 saves...lol as she makes 2 saves..
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:58 pm
PhanLax99 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:58 pm Beautiful display of stick work and excellent individual efforts. Ward shot was a thing of beauty. The physicality is crazy to me, how many of these fouls are cards in other games?
Ward is so fun to watch!!

Carney wow...
weird MT not getting involved more. maybe that will change 2nd half.

Wheres that vaunted SB defense. I think Joes biggest weak area on team = goalie this year. No offence....
MT hasn't been involved in the Cuse offense for the last 4 games now.... she hasn't cut to the ball, dodged, passed, or shot it effectively... really disappointed in her play lately.

Thank goodness others are stepping up for her.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

laxer12 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:55 pm
PhanLax99 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:58 pm Beautiful display of stick work and excellent individual efforts. Ward shot was a thing of beauty. The physicality is crazy to me, how many of these fouls are cards in other games?

Carney wow...

Wheres that vaunted SB defense. I think Joes biggest weak area on team = goalie this year. No offence....
MT hasn't been involved in the Cuse offense for the last 4 games now.... she hasn't cut to the ball, dodged, passed, or shot it effectively... really disappointed in her play lately.

After that last turnover I just thought she's not herself. Hoping that gets figured out, she's so talented.
DMac

Post by DMac »

She draws the D and makes it move and shift towards her when the ball is in her stick though, she creates a lot like that. The assist on last goal is an example.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Carney wow...

to me it seems like MT used to hold onto ball more in past and be their play maker. It seems that job being filled by Ward who almost has same amount of points.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:01 pm

Carney wow...

After that last turnover I just thought she's not herself. Hoping that gets figured out, she's so talented.
She really is... but she's seriously regressed over these last several games.. I hope she gets it figured out soon, too. Her and her sister are my 2 favorite players.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Outstanding game, SB tested Cuse, made them play their A game.
Cuse just too much for them for sixty minutes. A good game for
both teams.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Fun game to watch. Impressive showing by the Orange.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Cuse impressive in all aspects. If they have a weak spot it’s the draw and midfield, but even that seems to be good. SB had beautiful ball movement. Great game for Cuse, but wanted to shoutout Mitchell on SB for a great game against the #1 team.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Watched the second half this morning on replay. Very nice effort. I agree with whoever was wondering about M Tyrrell; but even in a down game, she attracts enormous attention and creates space just by being in the flow. Player of the game (the "RUFKM award"?) was Syracuse Keeper. She just prevented SBU from getting/creating any momentum. Could go to Ward too -- a goal and seven assists, plenty of those during the fateful second quarter when Cuse altered the fortunes of this game.

I like attacking a zone from below GLE and by quick ball reversals on the field. Just a textbook puncturing of a good defense. Of course, you have to have the ball handlers and finishers to do it, and Syracuse sure seems to have plenty of them.

Very sorry about Chevarie.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Very impressed with Cuse effort. Draw was great and their dynamic offense is the best in the game. To be honest based on the eye test I thought their defense looked awful. There are holes everywhere in their zone. SB found them early and if not for the great goalie play it would have been a very tight game even with Massera having a rough game. Sorry Cuse fans, I just dont see you team winning this year with that defense. You cant rely on outscoring every team. Best defense and goalie play will win it all this year.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Lax101 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:45 am Very impressed with Cuse effort. Draw was great and their dynamic offense is the best in the game. To be honest based on the eye test I thought their defense looked awful. There are holes everywhere in their zone. SB found them early and if not for the great goalie play it would have been a very tight game even with Massera having a rough game. Sorry Cuse fans, I just dont see you team winning this year with that defense. You cant rely on outscoring every team. Best defense and goalie play will win it all this year.
Agree that cuse D was not great but SB D was worse . Thought they were best in land? SU goalie played well.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'd say awful is a bit harsh, overly critical actually. Defense played a pretty good game, not perfect but hardly awful.
Yup, there are holes in that D and there have been all year yet Cuse remains undefeated (through a mighty tough schedule).
When an offense is running at max speed and efficiency as SB was right out of the gate, is it bad D when they score or good O?
It's a zone, when you move the ball quickly enough (and SB surely was) and get that D shifting there are going to be openings, nature of the beast. I see that more as good O than awful D....am thinking there are several teams and coaches out there who would disagree with you about that awful D. That awful D held Stony Brook to three goals in the second half, held them to no goals for about eighteen minutes too, I think.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”