Syracuse 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Syracuse 2023

Post by DMac »

Game went pretty much as expected. Doesn't make the list of the most exciting and competitive games, but I can enjoy watching Hiltz just passing and shooting the ball. Such a nice touch and just crazy good wrists.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

tech37 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:22 pm Spillina had a bunch of points the other night, a few layups but OK... expected.

What's praiseworthy are the CTs (at least 2) when he was riding... Let's see more of that against a UVa and/or ND.
Spallina has 23 goals and 17 assists in 9 games.

Is it reasonable to say he has lived up to his billing?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Time to bring out the lead pipes, broken bottles and chains!

https://youtu.be/20U8WhABy1c
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
lorin

Post by lorin »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:42 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:22 pm Spillina had a bunch of points the other night, a few layups but OK... expected.

What's praiseworthy are the CTs (at least 2) when he was riding... Let's see more of that against a UVa and/or ND.

DocBarrister
Seriously have you watched the games he can’t beat the top poles, a lot better freshman then him
DMac

Post by DMac »

lorin wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:17 am

DocBarrister

Seriously have you watched the games he can’t beat the top poles, a lot better freshman then him
Yes, I have watched the games and when he can't beat that top pole he finds ways to contribute.
Up to 17 assists now, 5 more than last year's heralded super star had for the entire season.
Then and than are not synonymous.
lorin

Post by lorin »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:44 am
lorin wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:17 am

DocBarrister

Yes, I have watched the games and when he can't beat that top pole he finds ways to contribute.
Up to 17 assists now, 5 more than last year's heralded super star had for the entire season.
Then and than are not synonymous.
Loyola fans Minicus for Spallina you making that trade?
DMac

Post by DMac »

You need to take that to the Fantasy Lacrosse thread or the Loyola thread, but then again your mission is troll so here you are.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:16 am You need to take that to the Fantasy Lacrosse thread or the Loyola thread, but then again your mission is troll so here you are.
Allow me to interject with better trolling.

Would you please ensure the Kraus Simmons is buff shined so it looks good in our spot for when we take it home late Sat?
lorin

Post by lorin »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:31 am
DMac wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:16 am You need to take that to the Fantasy Lacrosse thread or the Loyola thread, but then again your mission is troll so here you are.

Would you please ensure the Kraus Simmons is buff shined so it looks good in our spot for when we take it home late Sat?
You know the answer
Finster

Post by Finster »

lorin wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:33 am

You know the answer

The one constant among my Hobart friends is the same one with Hopkins fans: ‘maybe we should be in D3, at least we’d win some hardware’. 😂😂😂
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, she'll be all buffed up, nice and shiny and standing tall.
Meanwhile clean the cobwebs out of the spot she occasionally
visits up there. More, of course, for general maintenance than
any other reason, respect the spot.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

As the proud fantasy coach of Matt Minicus, who has 3 less fantasy points through 4 games than Spallina, I would trade for Spallina, but we don't allow trades. Spallina went very early in the first round and Matt Minicus fell to me at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd round. Mac Haley went just before Minicus and he's having a good freshman season too.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

What's worse is the trolling isn't even as good after he admitted he does it just because he's bored and he even gave props to Rutgers on their thread. I am sure he will up his game though once Army inevitable fumbles away an at large bid with some bad losses in the Patriot.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

DocBarrister
I'd say so, even after the Vermont opener he's still shooting over 40% and has done a good job of not forcing things. He needs to try and improve his foot speed and continue to work on being able to counter physical close defenders as he has had some struggles with guys like Makar and Brower. That said as a true frosh with all the hype he's been very good/excellent and the last few games he has amped up the riding. Clearly some stuff to work on but I think he's definitely lived up to the billing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Finster wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:13 am
lorin wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:33 am

You know the answer

The one constant among my Hobart friends is the same one with Hopkins fans: ‘maybe we should be in D3, at least we’d win some hardware’. 😂😂😂
That’s the guys from a certain era who don’t understand or appreciate competing for competing sake. That doesn’t reflect the vast majority of Hobart slums and fans from my perspective.

And we’re taking the D3 hockey trophy soon but BB and FB while very strong are miles away. Football is a joke with 250 programs highly concentrated in the NE competing with WIAC and Tx state schools with enrollments of 10k and have facilities that BC and Cuse would be jealous of.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:23 am

Yup, she'll be all buffed up, nice and shiny and standing tall.
Meanwhile clean the cobwebs out of the spot she occasionally
visits up there. More, of course, for general maintenance than
any other reason, respect the spot.
There’s a cobwebs + “your mom” joke here set up perfectly but I’ll refrain just this one time…
Finster

Post by Finster »

I don’t know if it would have gone that great, but I really miss playing Army, Cornell, and Colgate this year.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Finster wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:18 am I don’t know if it would have gone that great, but I really miss playing Army, Cornell, and Colgate this year.
SU hasn't played Colgate since 2020 they usually cycle in and out of the schedule.

I think at least one of Army and Cornell will be back next year on the schedule, potentially both.
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Farfromgeneva vs Dmac is a heavyweight fight. I'd buy tickets to that.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

Finster wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:18 am I don’t know if it would have gone that great, but I really miss playing Army, Cornell, and Colgate this year.
Agreed. Playing two ACC teams twice each year thing is bizarre. Happy to hear it will end next year. Wonder if they go back to playing a tournament even though that didn't make much sense either.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”