2023 FanLax Forum Poll

D3 Mens Lacrosse
InsiderRoll

Re: 2023 FanLax Forum Poll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:20 pm Image
Unknown participant sticking W&L at 23 is absurd.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Inside Lacrosse just came out with their top 20 and they don't have Lynchburg on the list. Yet they have Stevenson at 14 and Cabrini at 15, Lynchburg beat both of them. Does not make sense to me.
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

Based on each team's 3 Best Ws and 3 Worst Ls, this is how I have them:

1 Tufts
2 Christopher Newport
3 Salisbury
4 Gettysburg
5 Washington and Lee
6 RIT
7 Union
8 Lynchburg
9 Denison
10 Dickinson
11 St. Lawrence
12 Cortland
13 Ursinus
14 Middlebury
15 Kenyon
16 Swarthmore
17 Muhlenberg
18 Stevens
19 Wooster
20 Washington
21 Cabrini
22 Amherst
23 Babson
24 Scranton
25 Franklin & Marshall
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Good job computer!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

JustOneTime wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:54 pm Inside Lacrosse just came out with their top 20 and they don't have Lynchburg on the list. Yet they have Stevenson at 14 and Cabrini at 15, Lynchburg beat both of them. Does not make sense to me.
Lynch lost 2 games this past week by a combined 33-9.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Unknown Participant wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:59 pm
JustOneTime wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:54 pm Inside Lacrosse just came out with their top 20 and they don't have Lynchburg on the list. Yet they have Stevenson at 14 and Cabrini at 15, Lynchburg beat both of them. Does not make sense to me.
Yes they did. Tufts is beating up on most everyone so that game needs to be thrown out. They lost to a very good St. Lawrence team and then they did win their last game over a decent F&M team. I just don't think Inside Lacrosse should completely remove them from the top 20. Lynchburg beat Stevenson and Cabrini. Those teams do not have any more impressive wins then Lynchburg. I have a feeling Inside Lacrosse hit the submit button and then said oh man we botched that one.
smoova

Post by smoova »

JustOneTime wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:14 pm
Yes they did. Tufts is beating up on most everyone so that game needs to be thrown out. They lost to a very good St. Lawrence team and then they did win their last game over a decent F&M team. I just don't think Inside Lacrosse should completely remove them from the top 20. Lynchburg beat Stevenson and Cabrini. Those teams do not have any more impressive wins then Lynchburg. I have a feeling Inside Lacrosse hit the submit button and then said oh man we botched that one.
I think IL just has a severe case of recency bias.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

smoova wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:26 pm I think IL just has a severe case of recency bias.
Undeniably...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

It’s the way they lost. Tufts only beat Amhearst by 2 or 3
Lynchburg lost by a greater margin than stevens. Only beating F&M by 1 goal didn’t help either. Tough week. Lynchburg will have to get some wins to move back in. The next two weeks will determine the rest of the season. The lose both, and they won’t see the top 20 again unless the win the ODAC and get past the first two rounds. They need to beat W&L. That should get them back in the top 20 for the rest of the season, or until they get upset again.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:35 pm
smoova wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:26 pm I think IL just has a severe case of recency bias.
Undeniably...
Not sure it’s a “poll” as much as it’s just Dan kaplans opinion. There’s only 1 voter.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

AbeFroeman wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:48 pm
Lynchburg lost by a greater margin than stevens. Only beating F&M by 1 goal didn’t help either. Tough week. Lynchburg will have to get some wins to move back in. The next two weeks will determine the rest of the season. The lose both, and they won’t see the top 20 again unless the win the ODAC and get past the first two rounds. They need to beat W&L. That should get them back in the top 20 for the rest of the season, or until they get upset again.
Stevens got killed by Tufts as well, 21-7. Lynchburg lost 19-4. There is no difference in those two score lines, they are both blowouts. Stevenson lost to RIT 20-9, that is a blowout as well. The fact is Lynchburg beat both Stevenson and Cabrini. If you are going to rank them in the top 20 that means Lynchburg has two wins over top 20 teams. Neither Stevenson or Cabrini or Stevens can say that.
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

JustOneTime wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:25 pm
Stevens got killed by Tufts as well, 21-7. Lynchburg lost 19-4. There is no difference in those two score lines, they are both blowouts. Stevenson lost to RIT 20-9, that is a blowout as well. The fact is Lynchburg beat both Stevenson and Cabrini. If you are going to rank them in the top 20 that means Lynchburg has two wins over top 20 teams. Neither Stevenson or Cabrini or Stevens can say that.
Why are you taking it so personal? They had a horrible week. It really couldn’t have gone much worse. They were ranked in the top 10, and lose by 15 to a team ranked 5 spots ahead of them. Then get upset pretty bad to a low level team. Then almost lose to an unranked team. They still control their destiny with the AQ. Beat W&L and they get back in the top 20. Win the ODAC and they get the AQ. We are still in March. This is the best time to have a bad week. Your anger should be directed at whoever planned this week? Fly up to Boston on Monday, play a dominate team Tuesday, then hang in Boston for 2 days, then fly direct to Baltimore to play on a tough tournament. That is asking a lot of kids.

It all comes down to W&L. Beat them twice and the season is recovered.
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

AbeFroeman wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:40 pm
Why are you taking it so personal? They had a horrible week. It really couldn’t have gone much worse. They were ranked in the top 10, and lose by 15 to a team ranked 5 spots ahead of them. Then get upset pretty bad to a low level team. Then almost lose to an unranked team. They still control their destiny with the AQ. Beat W&L and they get back in the top 20. Win the ODAC and they get the AQ. We are still in March. This is the best time to have a bad week. Your anger should be directed at whoever planned this week? Fly up to Boston on Monday, play a dominate team Tuesday, then hang in Boston for 2 days, then fly direct to Baltimore to play on a tough tournament. That is asking a lot of kids.

Is St. Lawrence the low level team you’re referring to?
smoova

Post by smoova »

billyosier wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:12 pm Is St. Lawrence the low level team you’re referring to?
I snickered when I saw that too ...
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

Typo. Lower level. Lynchburg was higher ranked when they played.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I get frustrated when a ranking is put out from a major lacrosse publication like Inside lacrosse and they make a mistake, which in my opinion, is a rather large error. They lose some credibility in my opinion.
richard

Post by richard »

Even playing at their best Lynchburg was not going to beat SLU on Friday. SLU was just that good. I’ve watched SLU for years and have never seen them play so well on both sides of the ball. Koudelka did a great job getting the bugs ready for F&M on Saturday and that should be the take away from the weekend for them. Lynchburg is without a doubt a top twenty team but they have shown inconsistencies more than likely a result of their youth. This past week was a great experience for them and the ODAC games coming up will show that.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

JustOneTime wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:33 pm

I get frustrated when a ranking is put out from a major lacrosse publication like Inside lacrosse and they make a mistake, which in my opinion, is a rather large error. They lose some credibility in my opinion.
IL corrected their obvious oversight. LYN #14 this morning.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

IL Rankings

Rank Team Points Prev
1 Christopher Newport (8 - 0) 20 (1) 4
2 Tufts (5 - 0) 19 3
3 RIT (6 - 1) 18 1
4 Gettysburg (4 - 1) 17 2
5 Union (5 - 0) 16 6
6 Salisbury (7 - 1) 15 5
7 St. Lawrence (5 - 0) 14 10
8 Amherst (3 - 1) 13 16
9 Washington and Lee (6 - 1) 12 8
10 Denison (4 - 1) 11 14
11 Dickinson (5 - 2) 10 9
12 Middlebury (4 - 0) 9 12
13 York (2 - 4) 8 11
14 Lynchburg (5 - 3) 7 7
15 Stevenson (2 - 5) 6 19
16 Cabrini (5 - 2) 5 15
17 Cortland (4 - 1) 4 17
18 Stevens (7 - 2) 3 20
19 Ursinus (5 - 2) 2 18
20 Wesleyan (4 - 1) 1 --
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Kudos to IL for fixing the error. Credibility restored.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”