Hobart 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
joewillie78

Re: Hobart 2023

Post by joewillie78 »

FMUBart wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:44 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:29 pm
cooperstef wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:58 pm Might be the black cleats, but Dartmouth looks horrible. Not a good team.
What? 4-0. What is your definition of a good team?
Hmmm....beat everyone on your schedule but you are not a good team.
Are we living in an alternate universe?

Congrats to the "not a good team" Big Green on your 4-0 start.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Yes Joewillie, 4-0 doesn't necessarily equal a "good team"...UNC lays 25 on the Big Green with 1 day off...
Yes, that was obviously a poor showing by the Big Green, but they need to just forget that happened and move on.
Do you think Cornell is that much better than Yale or did the Elis also have a bad day and should just move on?
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Interesting to read a comment on Hop thread about desiring a guy who can get 5+ most games. Maybe we have that in Dattellas when healthy though it seems like he earns it the hard way out working everyone else rather than elite natural abilities like some we’ve had (which isn’t to say the others didn’t work hard or that AD isn’t talented).

We’ve got nice depth halfway through the season on O. And arguably on D given we’ve gone stretches without Horton, Wimer, Firth and a few others. While he wasn’t perfect loved watching Dino out there and feel like he, Wimer, Driscoll & Race form a nice top four SSDM (if inexperienced overall) along with having guys like Bach and Simas playing two way (arguably their value over time is migrating more to defensive half though they can have those impactful offensive games kind of like Justin Scott was transitioning over time).

Two things to point out is with many kids missing 1-3 games already or playing where they shouldn’t be, playing why one just hurt apparently, here’s our spread of O:

Dattellas - 19,8,27 (missed a game and 1-2 semi injured)
Delano - 8,5,13 (gotta get that SOG % up but really good first half of soph year)
Considine - 10,1,11 * didn’t play in first two games and more or less didn’t play in Gate so effectively in 5 games where he’s gone he’s had 3pts in every game starting w Cornell except 2g vs Dart (on 3 shots) and 10g on 15 shots! May need to start recognizing him as a major weapon for us!
Bach - 9,2,11
Greene - 7,4,11 (also sub 50% SOG so upside like Delano)
Rosa - 9,1,10
Simas - 7,3,10 - back to 17% shooting but 7,4,3 GB/TO/CT love watching him play but when he gets a one man clear it’s kind of obvious he’s shooting 98% of the time
Barthelme - 4,3,7
Herlihy - 4,3,7 - obviously was playing injured first few games he’s a 30pt kid if healthy and hope he finds a way to justify a fifth year in Geneva given two injuries and Covid stop to gorilla start to college career)
Grooms, Peterkin, Ward, Synnott (switching hands as a LSM and splitting defenders say what?!?!) and Davis w multiple pts.

Second item, I like to look at kid’s first 12-16 meaningful games of PT as a season though that can end up being two OOCs or more skewed towards Conference at times. Here’s some to note through their first full colleges season of games: (games, goals, assists, pts, GBs, TOs, CTs - not always going to happen but like to see 50/50 GB/TO or better personally a sign of rapid maturity often)

Delano: 14 - 10,6,16. 7,4,2
Considine: 8 - 10,1,11. 3,2,0 (basically didn’t play as FR last year)
Greene: 12 - 9,4,13. 8,5,3
Rosa: 19 - 16,3,19. 10,4,5. *8 man up goals (if we can move the ball and get his arms free in 6 v 6 he’s going to be ridiculous)
Barthelme: 18 (some hurt) - 8,10,18 (30 shots). 6,15,2

Non offensive players GB/TO/CT
Firth: 17 (12 starts) - 25,6,8 (1 total penalty)
Turner: 13 - 8,4,3 (3pts as well)

Not ignoring any but those that seemed noteworthy. Duby has been hurt as well.

Lot of season left but if this was considered a rebuilding year going in, to be 4-3, even if certain games like the Dart and second half of Lehigh were disappointing, is a heck of a start to build off of for taking the Kraus Simmons back and A10, let alone the future.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
courtdog

Post by courtdog »

A10 is going to be a grind. I think Hobart has the ability to score with any team in the conference
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:24 am Interesting to read a comment on Hop thread about desiring a guy who can get 5+ most games. Maybe we have that in Dattellas when healthy though it seems like he earns it the hard way out working everyone else rather than elite natural abilities like some we’ve had (which isn’t to say the others didn’t work hard or that AD isn’t talented).

We’ve got nice depth halfway through the season on O. And arguably on D given we’ve gone stretches without Horton, Wimer, Firth and a few others. While he wasn’t perfect loved watching Dino out there and feel like he, Wimer, Driscoll & Race form a nice top four SSDM (if inexperienced overall) along with having guys like Bach and Simas playing two way (arguably their value over time is migrating more to defensive half though they can have those impactful offensive games kind of like Justin Scott was transitioning over time).

Two things to point out is with many kids missing 1-3 games already or playing where they shouldn’t be, playing why one just hurt apparently, here’s our spread of O:

Delano - 8,5,13 (gotta get that SOG % up but really good first half of soph year)
Considine - 10,1,11 * didn’t play in first two games and more or less didn’t play in Gate so effectively in 5 games where he’s gone he’s had 3pts in every game starting w Cornell except 2g vs Dart (on 3 shots) and 10g on 15 shots! May need to start recognizing him as a major weapon for us!
Bach - 9,2,11
Rosa - 9,1,10
Simas - 7,3,10 - back to 17% shooting but 7,4,3 GB/TO/CT love watching him play but when he gets a one man clear it’s kind of obvious he’s shooting 98% of the time
Barthelme - 4,3,7
Herlihy - 4,3,7 - obviously was playing injured first few games he’s a 30pt kid if healthy and hope he finds a way to justify a fifth year in Geneva given two injuries and Covid stop to gorilla start to college career)
Grooms, Peterkin, Ward, Synnott (switching hands as a LSM and splitting defenders say what?!?!) and Davis w multiple pts.

Second item, I like to look at kid’s first 12-16 meaningful games of PT as a season though that can end up being two OOCs or more skewed towards Conference at times. Here’s some to note through their first full colleges season of games: (games, goals, assists, pts, GBs, TOs, CTs - not always going to happen but like to see 50/50 GB/TO or better personally a sign of rapid maturity often)

Rosa: 19 - 16,3,19. 10,4,5. *8 man up goals (if we can move the ball and get his arms free in 6 v 6 he’s going to be ridiculous)

Lot of season left but if this was considered a rebuilding year going in, to be 4-3, even if certain games like the Dart and second half of Lehigh were disappointing, is a heck of a start to build off of for taking the Kraus Simmons back and A10, let alone the future.
Good to see Hobart sustain play in 2h , provides some hope that Saturday could be entertaining but that Kraus Simmons trophy is going nowhere , taking out of its case each year just gives Cuse chance to dust it off nm. Enjoy the pre game drinks at Faegans to dull the pain that will follow, jk ffg, root for u guys when ur playing others
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:35 am
BigHoss wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:05 am Syracuse is actually a very beatable team. As you mentioned, their ball movement is great. They’re VERY Canadian, even the guys on offense who aren’t Canadian play like they are. I always felt Long Island guys played like Canadian players. Spallina is good, BUT he can really slow them down too. He wants to get his, so if Hobart can frustrate him early, then he’ll shoot low angle and low percentage shots and hurt their offense. Christiansen is actually matched up well with him… a left handed defender who thrives against physical dodgers. Cuse moves the ball well without question, but they don’t necessarily dazzle you with their dodging. We need to rotate well on Saturday and not be pulled apart by their ball movement. Easier said than done I suppose, but that’s the key.

I’m with you on Holtby, the issue is that I think his confidence is probably quite low. He hasn’t played in seven games now, tough to just step in against a good team like Cuse. I actually think Hobart matches up well with this team in all honesty. Cuse is extremely talented, but they’re very young. Hopefully we can stay with them early and frustrate them. Similar to how a 15 seed or a 16 seed plays a 2 or 1 seed in the March Madness tournament. We are all witnessing how, with the right mental approach, the underdog can pull the upset at any time. Go Statesmen.
Biggest concerns would be I could see Hiltz going off and Kirst bullying a smaller SSDM.

And we need to have a lot less one on one offense. Delano, Grooms etc won’t beat their man as easy as they did vs Prov.
I think your concerns are justified from a Hobart perspective. Hiltz has started to initiate a lot more the last few games and appears to have finally shaken the rust off. He has 10 pts the last two games including 3,3 versus Hop. He's also starting to dodge a bit which we haven't seen since his frosh year and prior to the injury.

SU is moving Kirst around playing him at middie and sometimes at attack. Kirst can be a tough match for some teams and he's had a few big games. If you have a suspect third pole he will absolutely cause havoc. SU will rotate that third spot depending on matchup and opponent. It's likely you will see Kirst and Thomson or some combo at attack on Saturday. SU has also started to invert more with Leo the frosh attackmen who is playing midfielder due to the bodies at attack. He makes frosh mistakes but he's started to pick up more and more, he had 2 goals against Hofstra and is the kind of secondary scoring option for SU that has given Hobart trouble in the past. SU can create some tough matchup choices for defenses when the midfield is Kirst, Birtwistle and Leo. Having to short stick two of those three can be an issue if your don't have really good or elite SSDMs.

I think Hobart has a massive advantage at the X. Shea is clearly a top level FOGO and is likely to be winning at least 60%+. Obviously if he is winning at that level or above, Hobart has a real chance to not only be in it all game but win. I have watched a few Hobart games thsi year but not enough to comment on the turnover situation, as that has been an issue SU has taken advantage of plenty in the past. SU's overall turnover numbers aren't bad but we have had major issues in the 2nd half of games, you maybe able to take advantage there.

From an SU defensive perspective, Hobart having a depth of scoring will present challenges. SU's top cover guy was hurt early against hop and didn't play against Hofstra. If he is back (Clary) he will certain cover Datellas. If he remains out, SU may bump down Sam Olexxo who is an outstanding LSM and has also covered attackmen a few times this year. SU is likely going to take Datellas out of the picture as much as possible and one on one SU has played pretty well defensively this year. Mark has been outstanding and the reason why SU's defense has looked improved from the disaster it was last year. SU has struggled with secondary slides and teams who can really pass the ball around to get the defense moving and set up shooters for open looks. Hobart having some secondary dodgers who can draw a slide to pass it to middies who can rip it off of a feed is going to be very important as it's unlikely Hobart is going to see a lot of success one on one against this SU defense.

I expect a relatively close game unless Shea struggles for some reason but I don't see that happening. I also expect a fairly physical game as that seems to be the MO against SU this year and SU has responded in kind. SU is deadly on the man up and Hobart seems pretty good as well so that will be a major factor both teams. From an SU fans perspective my major concerns for Hobart would be goalie play, ability for Hobart to match up with their third pole and short sticks against SU and penalties. For Cuse its clearly the Faceoff X, Hobarts depth of scoring, and familiarity with the Dome and its nuances.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

courtdog wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:15 am A10 is going to be a grind. I think Hobart has the ability to score with any team in the conference
Over under on HPU/Bart is 40?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

stupefied wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:24 am Interesting to read a comment on Hop thread about desiring a guy who can get 5+ most games. Maybe we have that in Dattellas when healthy though it seems like he earns it the hard way out working everyone else rather than elite natural abilities like some we’ve had (which isn’t to say the others didn’t work hard or that AD isn’t talented).

Bach - 9,2,11
Rosa - 9,1,10
Barthelme - 4,3,7

Good to see Hobart sustain play in 2h , provides some hope that Saturday could be entertaining but that Kraus Simmons trophy is going nowhere , taking out of its case each year just gives Cuse chance to dust it off nm. Enjoy the pre game drinks at Faegans to dull the pain that will follow, jk ffg, root for u guys when ur playing others
Wondered in a long post if that slipped in comment would get noticed...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JeremyCuse wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:03 pm
BigHoss wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:05 am Syracuse is actually a very beatable team. As you mentioned, their ball movement is great. They’re VERY Canadian, even the guys on offense who aren’t Canadian play like they are. I always felt Long Island guys played like Canadian players. Spallina is good, BUT he can really slow them down too. He wants to get his, so if Hobart can frustrate him early, then he’ll shoot low angle and low percentage shots and hurt their offense. Christiansen is actually matched up well with him… a left handed defender who thrives against physical dodgers. Cuse moves the ball well without question, but they don’t necessarily dazzle you with their dodging. We need to rotate well on Saturday and not be pulled apart by their ball movement. Easier said than done I suppose, but that’s the key.

I’m with you on Holtby, the issue is that I think his confidence is probably quite low. He hasn’t played in seven games now, tough to just step in against a good team like Cuse. I actually think Hobart matches up well with this team in all honesty. Cuse is extremely talented, but they’re very young. Hopefully we can stay with them early and frustrate them. Similar to how a 15 seed or a 16 seed plays a 2 or 1 seed in the March Madness tournament. We are all witnessing how, with the right mental approach, the underdog can pull the upset at any time. Go Statesmen.
Biggest concerns would be I could see Hiltz going off and Kirst bullying a smaller SSDM.

And we need to have a lot less one on one offense. Delano, Grooms etc won’t beat their man as easy as they did vs Prov.
I think your concerns are justified from a Hobart perspective. Hiltz has started to initiate a lot more the last few games and appears to have finally shaken the rust off. He has 10 pts the last two games including 3,3 versus Hop. He's also starting to dodge a bit which we haven't seen since his frosh year and prior to the injury.

SU is moving Kirst around playing him at middie and sometimes at attack. Kirst can be a tough match for some teams and he's had a few big games. If you have a suspect third pole he will absolutely cause havoc. SU will rotate that third spot depending on matchup and opponent. It's likely you will see Kirst and Thomson or some combo at attack on Saturday. SU has also started to invert more with Leo the frosh attackmen who is playing midfielder due to the bodies at attack. He makes frosh mistakes but he's started to pick up more and more, he had 2 goals against Hofstra and is the kind of secondary scoring option for SU that has given Hobart trouble in the past. SU can create some tough matchup choices for defenses when the midfield is Kirst, Birtwistle and Leo. Having to short stick two of those three can be an issue if your don't have really good or elite SSDMs.

I think Hobart has a massive advantage at the X. Shea is clearly a top level FOGO and is likely to be winning at least 60%+. Obviously if he is winning at that level or above, Hobart has a real chance to not only be in it all game but win. I have watched a few Hobart games thsi year but not enough to comment on the turnover situation, as that has been an issue SU has taken advantage of plenty in the past. SU's overall turnover numbers aren't bad but we have had major issues in the 2nd half of games, you maybe able to take advantage there.

From an SU defensive perspective, Hobart having a depth of scoring will present challenges. SU's top cover guy was hurt early against hop and didn't play against Hofstra. If he is back (Clary) he will certain cover Datellas. If he remains out, SU may bump down Sam Olexxo who is an outstanding LSM and has also covered attackmen a few times this year. SU is likely going to take Datellas out of the picture as much as possible and one on one SU has played pretty well defensively this year. Mark has been outstanding and the reason why SU's defense has looked improved from the disaster it was last year. SU has struggled with secondary slides and teams who can really pass the ball around to get the defense moving and set up shooters for open looks. Hobart having some secondary dodgers who can draw a slide to pass it to middies who can rip it off of a feed is going to be very important as it's unlikely Hobart is going to see a lot of success one on one against this SU defense.

I expect a relatively close game unless Shea struggles for some reason but I don't see that happening. I also expect a fairly physical game as that seems to be the MO against SU this year and SU has responded in kind. SU is deadly on the man up and Hobart seems pretty good as well so that will be a major factor both teams. From an SU fans perspective my major concerns for Hobart would be goalie play, ability for Hobart to match up with their third pole and short sticks against SU and penalties. For Cuse its clearly the Faceoff X, Hobarts depth of scoring, and familiarity with the Dome and its nuances.
Shea is playing at like 30% right now, perhaps shouldn't be out there but our #2 is out for season and #3 is a terrific (small) FY who's getting his legs under himself. (https://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/ ... /2021-2022)

Cornell held Dattellas to 4 shots. And we got run over...though not as bad as Yale last Sat. Problem is the younger guys will fall into one on one fast at times.

May have a FR in goal who had his first start last Sat. Rough first quarter and change then picked it up, I'm very high on him but he's raw at this level. (https://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/ ... /2021-2022)

The two FR referenced from Jersey come from south or smaller programs so will be strong down the road but big adjustment they are making.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

This will be an unpopular opinion here, but the SU game is usually more trouble than it's worth. They have categorically refused to play in Geneva, which is plain and simple poor sportsmanship. So we play an out of league game, on their home turf, with an already beat up team, risking more injuries, just as we head into league play. Why put Datillas, Shea, Herlihy Wimer, and Bach at risk? Doesn't make sense to me. Either we alternate locations and play earlier in the season or we should drop them. We could pick up Albany, Bucknell, Penn State, or any number of other teams. Also, we'll see if Syracuse maintains their historical quality over the next 5 years ... it may have been too early for them to be so condescending.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:02 pm
JeremyCuse wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:03 pm

Shea is playing at like 30% right now, perhaps shouldn't be out there but our #2 is out for season and #3 is a terrific (small) FY who's getting his legs under himself. (https://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/ ... /2021-2022)

Cornell held Dattellas to 4 shots. And we got run over...though not as bad as Yale last Sat. Problem is the younger guys will fall into one on one fast at times.

May have a FR in goal who had his first start last Sat. Rough first quarter and change then picked it up, I'm very high on him but he's raw at this level. (https://highschoolsports.nj.com/player/ ... /2021-2022)

The two FR referenced from Jersey come from south or smaller programs so will be strong down the road but big adjustment they are making.
Sorry to hear about Shea, really good player and potentially a game changer with SU's struggles at the X. Gotta give Raymond credit, he can definitely recruit face off guys.

Goalie change based on performance? Seems like a good young player but tough to start your second game ever in the Dome. Still if your gonna make a move you gotta stick with it. Assuming Holtby is out for the year?

Big local reunion on Sat with all the Section 3 guys Hobart has plus the Rosa reunion
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Laxgunea wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:05 pm This will be an unpopular opinion here, but the SU game is usually more trouble than it's worth. They have categorically refused to play in Geneva, which is plain and simple poor sportsmanship. So we play an out of league game, on their home turf, with an already beat up team, risking more injuries, just as we head into league play. Why put Datillas, Shea, Herlihy Wimer, and Bach at risk? Doesn't make sense to me. Either we alternate locations and play earlier in the season or we should drop them. We could pick up Albany, Bucknell, Penn State, or any number of other teams. Also, we'll see if Syracuse maintains their historical quality over the next 5 years ... it may have been too early for them to be so condescending.
I am not aware of Syracuse "categorically refusing" to play in Geneva. As I am sure you are aware SU has played a number of games at Hobart and played there as recently as 2019. I am aware that the addition of two additional ACC games has forced SU to make changes to its schedule and it has made it difficult to schedule teams who also have had a change in schedule (see Army and Cornell not being on this year's schedule) SU also now has little availability later in the season as the ACC has asked teams to play most of their conference games late.

While trying my best not to sound like a Bama football booster, SU is also in very high demand as an OOC opponent and has to make tough choices each year. SU did go to Albany last year and has played at Stony Brook and now at Hofstra over the last 2 seasons. I find it highly unlikely SU will never play again at Bart. What does makes little sense is for SU to agree to play at Hobart in February when it has the Dome and if I am being honest most of if not all of the leverage. Its the same reason Army always plays at SU in February. I think the Hobart admin realizes that playing SU yearly is a great historic matchup that involved legendary coaches that they would be silly to walk away from.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JeremyCuse wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:14 pm
Laxgunea wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:05 pm This will be an unpopular opinion here, but the SU game is usually more trouble than it's worth. They have categorically refused to play in Geneva, which is plain and simple poor sportsmanship. So we play an out of league game, on their home turf, with an already beat up team, risking more injuries, just as we head into league play. Why put Datillas, Shea, Herlihy Wimer, and Bach at risk? Doesn't make sense to me. Either we alternate locations and play earlier in the season or we should drop them. We could pick up Albany, Bucknell, Penn State, or any number of other teams. Also, we'll see if Syracuse maintains their historical quality over the next 5 years ... it may have been too early for them to be so condescending.
I am not aware of Syracuse "categorically refusing" to play in Geneva. As I am sure you are aware SU has played a number of games at Hobart and played there as recently as 2019. I am aware that the addition of two additional ACC games has forced SU to make changes to its schedule and it has made it difficult to schedule teams who also have had a change in schedule (see Army and Cornell not being on this year's schedule) SU also now has little availability later in the season as the ACC has asked teams to play most of their conference games late.

While trying my best not to sound like a Bama football booster, SU is also in very high demand as an OOC opponent and has to make tough choices each year. SU did go to Albany last year and has played at Stony Brook and now at Hofstra over the last 2 seasons. I find it highly unlikely SU will never play again at Bart. What does makes little sense is for SU to agree to play at Hobart in February when it has the Dome and if I am being honest most of if not all of the leverage. Its the same reason Army always plays at SU in February. I think the Hobart admin realizes that playing SU yearly is a great historic matchup that involved legendary coaches that they would be silly to walk away from.
I believe they asked for and we agreed to a 2:1 or that’s what I heard.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I'm always open to being wrong, and I hope I am. What I heard was that they said it was not in their budget to travel to Geneva to play and that it never would be. It seemed uncharacteristic after so many years. I appreciate the history, but we've got and even longer history with Cornell, and they will play in Geneva earlier in the season. I'm sure we would have more leverage with SU if we were regularly a top 15 team.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:16 pm
JeremyCuse wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:14 pm

I believe they asked for and we agreed to a 2:1 or that’s what I heard.
That makes a lot of sense on both ends.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Hobart should be grateful for Cuse's occasional trip to their tundra as even their most avid fan here has chosen to be Far from Geneva
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

stupefied wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:27 pm Hobart should be grateful for Cuse's occasional trip to their tundra as even their most avid fan here has chosen to be Far from Geneva
A chick made me do it.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:12 pm
FMUBart wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:44 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:29 pm
cooperstef wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:58 pm Might be the black cleats, but Dartmouth looks horrible. Not a good team.
What? 4-0. What is your definition of a good team?
Hmmm....beat everyone on your schedule but you are not a good team.
Are we living in an alternate universe?

Congrats to the "not a good team" Big Green on your 4-0 start.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Yes Joewillie, 4-0 doesn't necessarily equal a "good team"...UNC lays 25 on the Big Green with 1 day off...
Yes, that was obviously a poor showing by the Big Green, but they need to just forget that happened and move on.
Do you think Cornell is that much better than Yale or did the Elis also have a bad day and should just move on?
Gobigred
Joewillie78
My opinion is that when CU is hitting their "hot" button, they're as good as anyone..especially if Ierlan stays that strong in cage!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Laxgunea wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:39 pm I'm always open to being wrong, and I hope I am. What I heard was that they said it was not in their budget to travel to Geneva to play and that it never would be. It seemed uncharacteristic after so many years. I appreciate the history, but we've got and even longer history with Cornell, and they will play in Geneva earlier in the season. I'm sure we would have more leverage with SU if we were regularly a top 15 team.
Don't believe the travel budget nonsense...As a former player, it was great to play in the Dome.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Yes, FMU, I believe that. And that's both a point of pride and recruiting point. And we've had better luck winning there than at home. But to JeremyCuse's point, SU does have all of the leverage, and I'd like to see us a consistantly top ranked team so we have some of our own.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:56 pm Yes, FMU, I believe that. And that's both a point of pride and recruiting point. And we've had better luck winning there than at home. But to JeremyCuse's point, SU does have all of the leverage, and I'd like to see us a consistantly top ranked team so we have some of our own.
Me too but going into this season making a 4 team A10 conference tourney is the primary goal I believe

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”