Dartmouth 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: Dartmouth 2023

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:52 am So pleased to see these guys having fun playing the sport they love.

The comeback is super impressive and one to remember and appreciate.

Paradine...wow.
Freshman midfielder.
3 star recruit from NC.
10 points!

should be back to back Ivy ROW
3 Star ranking just means IL doesn’t really know who he is.
Yup; good catch by the Dartmouth staff.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'm not predicting an upset of UNC, but would love to see us play them tough.

Gonna need some good goalie play as well as the usual gritty play we've come to expect.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

The Orfling wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:30 pm Fun footage from the Big Green locker room postgame via Twitter: https://twitter.com/LacrosseNetwork/sta ... 98691?s=20

Will be something when Dartmouth gets that first Ivy win in a while (which I think will happen this season).
That’s some celebration!

DocBarrister :D
@DocBarrister
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Dartmouth's strides recognized by USA Lax Mag: https://usalaxmagazine.com/college/men/ ... st-8-years.
Finish Strong
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Sportin' Life wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:40 pm Dartmouth's strides recognized by USA Lax Mag: https://usalaxmagazine.com/college/men/ ... st-8-years.
Pretty cool: "The Big Green are one of four undefeated teams remaining in Division I men’s lacrosse, along with Virginia, Notre Dame and Cornell."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Sportin' Life wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:40 pm Dartmouth's strides recognized by USA Lax Mag: https://usalaxmagazine.com/college/men/ ... st-8-years.
Great article.
Coach is right to again and again emphasize that the team and the program "have a long way to go" with lots of areas of needed improvement...and an opportunity to do so.

One play at a time.
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

Very impressive game vs Hobart. My team gets Dartmouth after the Penn State/Yale/Penn gauntlet. I'm worried. Could be a classic trap game if the Red looks at them as a breather. Then that guy that beat us in the 70s will tell us about it yet again. ;) :mrgreen:
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Ivyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:31 am Very impressive game vs Hobart. My team gets Dartmouth after the Penn State/Yale/Penn gauntlet. I'm worried. Could be a classic trap game if the Red looks at them as a breather. Then that guy that beat us in the 70s will tell us about it yet again. ;) :mrgreen:
"Trap game" hmmmm. I wonder if all the other Ivies might actually try extra-hard against the Big Green, not wanting to be remembered as the first Ivy team to lose to Dartmouth in eight years.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Ivyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:31 am Very impressive game vs Hobart. My team gets Dartmouth after the Penn State/Yale/Penn gauntlet. I'm worried. Could be a classic trap game if the Red looks at them as a breather. Then that guy that beat us in the 70s will tell us about it yet again. ;) :mrgreen:
:D they are precious, those wins!
Voyuer

Post by Voyuer »

Very disappointed that Dartmouth was not prepared for UNC 10 man ride and all out pressure vs GK and D trying to clear…simply could not get ball out of their end and their spacing was atrocious. The few times they passed midfield, For entire 1 st quarter one move and slip and fall, or bad pass. ( Was Dartmouth wearing turf shoes?}. Did DC have a shot on goal in 1st qtr….unfortunate because Dartmouth looked competitive in 6 on 6 situations on both ends, but game was already over by then. Posting pre halftime because of schedule, I hope Green comes back and makes this post look bad. For those of us who have watched a few games, we know they could play at minimum a competitive gave vs these guys. I still think they will get an IVY win this year..
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

Funniest comment of the weekend:

Play By Play Guy comments on Dartmouth's multiple footing difficulties and says "Dartmouth will have to change their cleats at halftime."

Color Guy says "Yeah, those snowshoes they've been wearing for four weeks aren't working." :lol: :lol: :lol:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Great sound on the broadcast.

But … I can’t watch too much of this destruction.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

Why is this even on Dartmouth’s schedule? Yikes.
molo

Post by molo »

Maybe because last year the Ivy League placed six teams in the NAACT while the ACC had just one. That would suggest that teams from these conferences would be able to play competitive games against each other. Last year was a big year for the Ivies, this year not so much, but I still think it is not unreasonable for teams from these two conferences to play each other. If it is not, then something needs to change regarding tournament selections.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:10 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:52 am So pleased to see these guys having fun playing the sport they love.

Paradine...wow.
Freshman midfielder.
3 star recruit from NC.
10 points!

Not sure about “good catch” as his dad is former UNC alum and current coach at Lenoir Rhyne. Pretty sure he was recruited by many. Having said that, the Big Green came back to earth in a big way today…down 11-0? Ouch, makes me wonder how bad my Statesmen would get waxed by the Heels? Not looking forward to our upcoming Cuse tilt!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

FMUBart wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:10 am

Paradine...wow.
Freshman midfielder.
3 star recruit from NC.
10 points!

Not sure about “good catch” as his dad is former UNC alum and current coach at Lenoir Rhyne. Pretty sure he was recruited by many. Having said that, the Big Green came back to earth in a big way today…down 11-0? Ouch, makes me wonder how bad my Statesmen would get waxed by the Heels? Not looking forward to our upcoming Cuse tilt!
I am traveling so wasn’t able to see it, but sounds brutal.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

molo wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:20 pm Maybe because last year the Ivy League placed six teams in the NAACT while the ACC had just one. That would suggest that teams from these conferences would be able to play competitive games against each other. Last year was a big year for the Ivies, this year not so much, but I still think it is not unreasonable for teams from these two conferences to play each other. If it is not, then something needs to change regarding tournament selections.
Of course, it’s “reasonable”.

From a UNC perspective, this should be a game that allows a lot of guys to see the field. From Dartmouth perspective, it’s a chance to be super challenged to keep up with the pace of elite teams before going into conference play.

I suffered though multiple ignominious losses over multiple years, Navy and UMD being particularly rough memories, as well as national champion Cornell…before we started knocking off top 10 teams. We improved by playing way up…
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

molo wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:20 pm Maybe because last year the Ivy League placed six teams in the NAACT while the ACC had just one. That would suggest that teams from these conferences would be able to play competitive games against each other. Last year was a big year for the Ivies, this year not so much, but I still think it is not unreasonable for teams from these two conferences to play each other. If it is not, then something needs to change regarding tournament selections.
Dartmouth hasn’t won an Ivy League game in almost a decade… but … OK … let’s go play North Carolina.
Atticus

Post by Atticus »

Yes. That is exactly what they should do.
molo

Post by molo »

They play in a tough league and shouldn’t shy away from good OOC games. Harvard played UVA, got blitzed, and had gotten better.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”